Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'According to the testimony in court, Heinrich said he was on a dead-end road when he noticed three children on bicycles. He said the three children passed him, so he turned around and faced the direction of the road they would be coming back on.
Twenty minutes later, they passed him again, so Heinrich got out of his car, put on a mask, reached for a revolver and confronted them.
He said he told them to get into a ditch with their bicycles and asked for their names and ages.
Heinrich said the boys offered him the tape they got from the video store, but he knocked it down. He told the two other boys to run away and not look back or he would shoot them."

More details: http://kstp.com/news/danny-heinrich-jacob-wetterling-confession/4255853/

I can't. I just can't. No more.

This was the first case I ever remember following and only probably because I lived in MN at the time. Of course it set me on a path that led me here to WS and who knows how many more missing child/persons cases.

Ever since learning they'd recovered Jacob I haven't known what to feel or think.

Now reading this monster's words, I think I'm done. Really done. I'll be honest, I did not hold out hope that Jacob was still alive, not for many years now. In fact, I did not even hold out hope we would ever know what happened to him, or that his remains would be found.

And now we know. What I always thought I wanted, needed to know.

And I wish I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to Jacob should be so much more than 20 years in a Federal prison.
When the sentence/punishment does not fit the crime it sends the wrong message to all other perps.

What happened to Jacob should be so much more than 20 years in a Federal prison.
When the sentence/punishment does not fit the crime it sends the wrong message to all other perps.

Well without this deal he would have never admitted it or been charged, and the Wetterlings would never know what happened to their son, so...

Having an unsolved crime where the body is never found sends a far worse message to other perps - it tells them they needn't worry about any sentence because they'll never be arrested anyway.

Why was this the only deal and the best deal?

I think only the District Attorney, Prosecutors and Defense Attorneys are able to answer and explain this.

I'm sure we all share your feelings of injustice none of this is ok. I can totally understand the Wetterling family agreeing to this deal though. If my loved one was missing and I had spent every second of every hour, of every day for 27 years, wondering if they were alive or dead and what had happened to them and there was a chance to finally know I would agree too. But this would not have been easy for them to decide this not easy at all.

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. After all this time, I'm almost in disbelief that we have the answer to what happened to that sweet boy that horrible night. I can't even imagine how the Wetterling's feel.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So true. But here is the double-edged sword: Were it not for the 'deal' offered and accepted, he would not have taken them to Jacob. He would not have confessed. There would be no answers for the Wetterlings, for the community. We would not be having this particular discussion. It doesn't seem right to alot of people. It doesn't seem fair. But it IS right for the Wetterlings, for alot of people. Jacob's story affected so many. We are hurt, upset, angry. Imagine how the Wetterlings feel. I just can't. I also want to add, that this wasn't about sending messages to other perps. This wasn't about anything other than KNOWING where Jacob is, what happened. Finally knowing. I'd wager it's very worth it to them.

The only injustice (in this "deal") I see is the 27 years he got to roam free, at least he's locked up now and can't hurt anyone else and the Wetterlings have answers they were never going to get any other way.

He confessed to deliberately murdering the child after molesting him. Child didn't try to fight him or try to run away, he didn't somehow fell out of the car or had a heart attack. So at least people can stop speculating that the death was somehow "accidental," when clearly it was not. Too bad he is literally getting away with murder.

I believe that on Sunday night, Oct. 22, 1989, DH went scouting for a victim, counting on 2 factors in his favor.

First, the kids in the area had no school the next day due to teacher conferences, which DH had to have known.

Second, because that Sunday night was unseasonably warm, DH counted on kids being outside later than usual.

In a perfect world there would be no monsters. And no need to make deals with the devil. But it's obviously not a perfect world. And deals with the devil are made every day. I understand why his parents agreed to the deal. They wanted their son home. Understandably. They know, as we all do, that some people absolutely do get away with murder. They are never punished. Never held accountable in any way. There is no justice for some. This deal, hard as it is to swallow, was the only way to get any justice at all for Jacob. So they all had to make a deal with the devil.

Re civil commitment. For those that do not know.

The facility is in Moose Lake MN in a beautiful location, It is filled with the worst of the worst.

A couple or so years ago, the "patients" ( they are in treatment so it is a hospital,) procured attorneys at the expense of the MN taxpayers. They said it was not constitutional as not one patient had ever been released.

They won so now MN has to start releasing some of them.

I hope there is something in place in 20 years.

He has gained weight, it looks like. Maybe his health will not hold up.

Interesting it said that he was not under the influence of alcohol when he did his crime. I pegged him for an alcoholic. If he is an alcoholic, he has done lots of damage to his body. What a nightmare. A true nightmare.

Re civil commitment. For those that do not know.

The facility is in Moose Lake MN in a beautiful location, It is filled with the worst of the worst.

A couple or so years ago, the "patients" ( they are in treatment so it is a hospital,) procured attorneys at the expense of the MN taxpayers. They said it was not constitutional as not one patient had ever been released.

They won so now MN has to start releasing some of them.

I hope there is something in place in 20 years.

He has gained weight, it looks like. Maybe his health will not hold up.

Interesting it said that he was not under the influence of alcohol when he did his crime. I pegged him for an alcoholic. If he is an alcoholic, he has done lots of damage to his body. What a nightmare. A true nightmare.
They might end up sorry if they ever get released. Sounds like they have it good where they are.

Having an unsolved crime where the body is never found sends a far worse message to other perps - it tells them they needn't worry about any sentence because they'll never be arrested anyway.
How is confessing to the murder/molestation of a child but not being convicted of the crime because of a plea deal lesser of the two evils?
In both scenarios the perp is not being convinced for what they did.

How is confessing to the murder/molestation of a child but not being convicted of the crime because of a plea deal lesser of the two evils?
In both scenarios the perp is not being convinced for what they did.

He's spending the rest of his life incarcerated, and Jacob will be given a decent burial. That is obviously better than the crime remaining unsolved and Jacob's family never knowing what happened to him.

He is known really as a loner. He has had domestic dispute with his brother David who he sometimes lives with. There is also another brother who I don't know much about.

Daniel and David were both molested as teen by a one time boyfriend of their moms. He is also a named Duane Hart who is also locked up.

Daniel appeared to not do much but drink and look at child *advertiser censored*

er for a while, and his brother for a while, and filed for bankruptcy twice. Did anyone around there know him?[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics