Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

For all practical purposed DH is going to spend the rest of his life in jail .... not sure why everybody is jumping up and down and acting like he will be released in a couple of years.

This whole situation would be more grievous if he only got a few years for child *advertiser censored* and never admitted to killing Jacob even though police knew he likely did it.

We cant have it both ways .... DH solved the Wetterling file without a trial and without solid evidence against him .... and technically he avoided a life sentence for murder ..... nevertheless he will still serve a life sentence based on the *advertiser censored* ..... and any chance of parole will be denied because of the murder confession .

He's only 53yrs old so 20 years for the *advertiser censored* will not be a life sentence.

That isn't a "transcript".

That's a summery of someone who watched news reports!

If you're referring to Sigrun's transcript, it matches up with the twitter feeds of people who were actually in the courtroom during the confession.

For example, here's 3 different people in the courtroom saying it was the passenger seat:

jw3.jpgjw24.jpgjw14.jpg

He's only 53yrs old so 20 years for the *advertiser censored* will not be a life sentence.

Fair enough .... mostly I was thinking he will not live that long .... he looks pretty ancient already

Fair enough .... mostly I was thinking he will not live that long .... he looks pretty ancient already

Who knows, he may be like one particular low life I know, who has managed to get healthier in prison with a triple bypass paid for the state of Georgia :gaah:

After 27 years, nobody ever is going to be able to prove if he used the Bobcat or not.

I can only speak for myself, I don't know what other people have in mind when they are looking at the details of the Bobcat. For me, it isn't to prove whether it was used or not, it's to try to figure out if this story is full of lies.

When things are not adding up from a story that someone is supposedly standing there telling the whole world about, then I simply have to question the motive. My humble opinion is that this is a souvenir taker and some of these details are just as tantalizing to the speaker as if they were material items. So they aren't going to be given up.

To me it just gives me an idea, a glimpse into the thought process. Why? I don't know. But then why do any of us come on here?

I can only speak for myself, I don't know what other people have in mind when they are looking at the details of the Bobcat. For me, it isn't to prove whether it was used or not, it's to try to figure out if this story is full of lies.

When things are not adding up from a story that someone is supposedly standing there telling the whole world about, then I simply have to question the motive. My humble opinion is that this is a souvenir taker and some of these details are just as tantalizing to the speaker as if they were material items. So they aren't going to be given up.

To me it just gives me an idea, a glimpse into the thought process. Why? I don't know. But then why do any of us come on here?

The only way to figure out if his story is full of lies is to see if it matches up with evidence. So far what he told authorities checked out. The found the body and the clothing. He told them what the cause of death was, so presumably that checked out too. One can not prove if the story is full of lies based on the details that could never be checked out.

In the press conference the question was asked if they knew of any other victims after Jacob and the answer was no - or not that I'm aware of. Maybe they do know of more and are keeping what they know hush, hush so they can investigate, build the case and can charge him with another totally seperate case. If they do he would be locked up for longer than 20 years.

I wonder if the first area he claimed to have buried Jacob has been searched for more remains. I don't remember hearing this, anyone?

IBesleuthin -
You're story is heartbreaking - I'm so sorry.
I've followed this case since it happened and I would have to say that my interests are mostly because I live in MN about an hour or so from where this happened and I was a couple years older than JW at the time. In addition to that JW's grandfather either worked or made frequent visits to the same building that my mom's office was in. His grandfather had Jacob's Missing poster attached to the backseat windows on both sides of his station wagon. I remember seeing that station wagon with Jacob's missing posters years after his abduction and it always stopped me in my tracks. In 1989 things like this didn't happen in MN - it really did capture all of Minnesota's attention.

Just to clarify, that story was not mine but the other poster's, For some reason when it was quoted it looked like it was all my story that is why I highlighted my answer in green. Thank you though, for those sentiments.

I wonder if the first area he claimed to have buried Jacob has been searched for more remains. I don't remember hearing this, anyone?
I was wondering the same thing. More remains, more clothing ect...

I haven't read anywhere when the results of the examination of the remains will be released.

For them to search for more remains in that area, there would have to be somebody missing in the area that fits his MO, and I don't think this is the case. So who would they be looking for?

The only way to figure out if his story is full of lies is to see if it matches up with evidence. So far what he told authorities checked out. The found the body and the clothing. He told them what the cause of death was, so presumably that checked out too. One can not prove if the story is full of lies based on the details that could never be checked out.

Knowing something and proving it are two different things. I'm not here to prove anything, if I had those special powers I'd be on the defense team.

For them to search for more remains in that area, there would have to be somebody missing in the area that fits his MO, and I don't think this is the case. So who would they be looking for?

Shell casings, more evidence, possibly missing articles of clothing, missing remains. We haven't read yet to my knowledge if the entire remains have been recovered.

Knowing something and proving it are two different things. I'm not here to prove anything, if I had those special powers I'd be on the defense team.

Knowing something and speculating are two different things as well.

There is a Grand Canyon of details inbetween when the kidnapping occurred and when the body was found. And I disagree, I often can tell if someone is lying even though I cannot check ou the details. That's the thing about lying.

(BBM) I believe speculation is the foundation for this entire website. That's why we are here.

If this were a forum to share gained, confidential police evidence and names of POI, this would be a closed forum with security clearance and I'd have a name tag on with a paycheck and a retirement fund.

So true. But what we do here on WS is speculate. Happens all the time. If we only talked about facts we know or could prove, it would be pretty quiet around here. There are years of discussion about Jacob - years and years of speculation.

The sentence this guy got doesn't interest me. Speculating if he will die or be killed in jail doesn't interest me. Talking about jail conditions and state vs. fed facilities doesn't interest me. So, I usually read those posts without responding and with appreciation that others ARE interested in those topics - and a healthy mix of topics is great for discussions. I've certainly changed my mind on some cases because of reading posts that I at first disagreed with or by reading posts that at first I thought were irrelevant.

And, we have the TOS, which include not to telling others how to post.

jmo

So true. But what we do here on WS is speculate. Happens all the time. If we only talked about facts we know or could prove, it would be pretty quiet around here. There are years of discussion about Jacob - years and years of speculation.

The sentence this guy got doesn't interest me. Speculating if he will die or be killed in jail doesn't interest me. Talking about jail conditions and state vs. fed facilities doesn't interest me. So, I usually read those posts without responding and with appreciation that others ARE interested in those topics - and a healthy mix of topics is great for discussions. I've certainly changed my mind on some cases because of reading posts that I at first disagreed with or by reading posts that at first I thought were irrelevant.

jmo

Did I tell somebody not to post something? If you want to discuss the bobcat, by all means discuss the bobcat.

jmo

(BBM) Wow isn't that the truth! I have sat here a hundred times and even when I haven't liked a particular poster and then they come up with a valid point I think to myself, "Well, you know I hadn't thought of it that way." That to me is half the interest of coming on here! (I was going to say 'fun' but that seemed so inappropriate).

As I've mentioned before, trying to find this type of interaction among the general population is difficult. Not everyone is interested in discussing cases or speculating. So I come on here because there are a bunch of like minded people who want to discuss cases like this.

Good, bad and the ugly I keep coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member