Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue with MN laws, I live here and love it and take the usual liberal stances on these things (which fits in well in MN!). My issue is more with plea bargaining.
I value your opinion buggiegirl, and I have my own. Anyone and I mean anyone who is convicted of inappropriate touching, molesting, or anything else with sexual abuse against children. Should be put to death, period! There is absolutely no place in a civilized society for these monsters that get off and prey on our Children.. They are our most precious resources, and everything in our power should be used to keep them all safe and protected against the evils of the world
p.s. I do agree with the plea bargaining, family deserves the truth and this was obviously the only way to get it.. I sure hope some of DH's new bunk mates bestowes the justice DH deserves..

Paynesville, MN to Des Moines, IA is only about a 4.5 hr drive.

Just saying.

John Gosch Sept. 5 1982

Eugene Martin Aug. 12 1984

Marcus James Warren Allen March 29 1986.

All from Des Moines, IA.

Someone posted upthread about where the perp had a job and someone else posed the question if his work brought him to Des Moines but I can't find either post now after a quick look.

If anyone has that info about his employment, can you please post it? Perhaps we can find out if his work brought him to Des Moines.

Or maybe he has a family connection there?

It is probably a long-shot, but perhaps worth checking.

jmo

There is more to the bobcat detail than someone remembering if it was moved that particular night. I agree with you that it would be difficult to prove that now with evidence.

But I am curious how the perp knew about the keys, has he stolen it before or after, why did he chose that particular place to bring Jacob, etc. Could there be more victims either there or elsewhere with a similar MO? Why did he, that night, think of using a stolen bobcat to dig a hole. I find that detail rather surprising. I totally get that others think it's a non-issue, but come on....weren't you surprised to learn about it? (If he's telling the truth, which I don't even know if he is!)

jmo

I was surprised by the bobcat, also that he used a gun to murder Jacob.

I don't know what the significance is. I feel like if DH was out murdering paper boys in Iowa or other boys - why did he let JS go? Why was he out groping boys in Paynesville? Anything is possible, but it doesn't make sense to me. In my gut I feel like Jacob was the first, and last child he killed. I do believe that he planned to kill Jacob, which was why he had a shovel in the first place. I think he knew after the abduction of JS, and the subsequent sketch of him, that he couldn't let another boy go. I think the bobcat was an improvisation - but I don't think killing Jacob was. I don't believe DH got off on killing JW, but rather, was too afraid of getting caught and thought he couldn't leave behind another witness and another piece of the puzzle for LE. He was so worried about JS being able to recognize him and released him because JS said he hadn't seen his face, but that was a lie, and now there was a sketch of him and a living witness.

I think the only thing that probably kept DH from killing another child was that LE looked at him early on. While he did get away with it for 27-years, I think he realized how close he came to being caught and probably knew he wouldn't be so lucky in another attempt and he obviously found other ways to satiate his pedophilic urges as evidenced by the numerous binders of child *advertiser censored*, video tapes of children, etc.

Do we know of any children who fit the modus operandi of DH? Especially after JW? If he did hurt another child, I would think he'd go further from home, but I doubt it would have been prior to 89.

Can we think of any reason for him to go there for work?

Iowa National Guard Base. Muscatine, IA

Knowing what is National Guard (Army) Military Occupational Specialty is would help narrow down what bases he may have traveled to for monthly and yearly drills.

I wish there was a way to fly a plane over those fields with some kind of xray. He sure seemed comfortable digging graves. Certainly there are more out there.

That he admitted to forcing a child commit oral sex on him was so horrifying to me. Had he raped the boy I would imagine that would be easier to handle in some way because he's sorcing himself on the child not the child to do something to him. So I would think if he raped him he would have just said that and left out the oral sex. But then again there may be some legal distinction between the two that caused him to say it.

How sad is it that when I heard this I could think of nothing more horrible for that poor child. Then here someone said he could have kept him and done it for years. I never thought of that but it is so true. There's even worse.

His mother's were so simple. When she said she was sorry to him my heart broke for her.

Are you talking about JS or JW? He said there was no penetration or oral with JW. I believe him because he wasnt ashamed to tell the story of JS and that he tried both with him but was only "successful" at one. He clearly has no shame over admitting that, so why would he have shame about admitting it with JW?

So it is felt there is no point in examining the original burial site? Just forget about it?
maybe there is a building there now or its under water or something. They didn't seem concerned with it even though DH said he only gathered what remains he could into a bag he could carry across the road.

Also I think he used the bobcat because he was lazy and digging is alot of work. I see no reason for him to lie about it. It goes along with the other crazily bold things he's done and gotten away with his whole life. I was surprised when US attorney Luger said how volatile he was though and how he is not a calm man and can change his mind any minute, moreso than anyone hes ever worked with. If you are crazy enough to return to the scene of the crime, dig up bones and carry them across a busy highway to bury them somewhere else, you are crazy enough to steal a bobcat in the middle of the night and fire a gun after just seeing a cop imho.

I had relatives who were farmers. They were in the habit of always leaving a key to either a tractor, a bobcat or anything that needed a key either on top of one of the wheels
or a place in the equipment.

It was a pretty standard practice because there was a greater chance of losing the key in the farmhouse than someone stealing a piece of machinery.

Also, they wouldn't have to go into the farmhouse to retrieve a key any time they were in the fields.

My thought is, living in a farming community, D.H. knew there was likely a key around or in the vehicle. Just my opinion.

I had relatives who were farmers. They were in the habit of always leaving a key to either a tractor, a bobcat or anything that needed a key either on top of one of the wheels

It was a pretty standard practice because there was a greater chance of losing the key in the farmhouse than someone stealing a piece of machinery.

Also, they wouldn't have to go into the farmhouse to retrieve a key any time they were in the fields.

My thought is, living in a farming community, D.H. knew there was likely a key around or in the vehicle. Just my opinion.

Useful info. Thanks.

I grew up on a farm but had the totally forgotten that little security feature until now...on the tire under the fender.....and only if the tractor was in a field and not the on the farm place.

I grew up on a farm but had the totally forgotten that little security feature until now...on the tire under the fender.....and only if the tractor was in a field and not the on the farm place.

So maybe when he said he knew where the keys were, he meant he knew this bit of farmland knowledge of where keys were typically kept. That makes sense.

Thanks.

For them to search for more remains in that area, there would have to be somebody missing in the area that fits his MO, and I don't think this is the case. So who would they be looking for?

Why would his victims necessarily all be from that area? Ted Bundy had victims from several states across the U.S. We know that Heinrich murdered Jacob and I for one don't believe he stopped there. I think his story about being panicked by a police car as his excuse to shoot him, was an attempt to give the impression he had never killed before or after. This along with the fact that serial rapists / murderers don't just stop, makes me believe Jacob wasn't his only murder victim. JMO

Back in the day, people even left their keys in car ignition.

I simply wonder how he managed to do this all on a dark night. I can't imagine the metropolis of Paynesville was sending out a lot of light pollution. Just so many strange things coming together for the nightmare.

Some questions:

1. He told Jared,not to vomit or he would kill JS. To me that implies he had done this before and the victim vomited. I wonder who that was.

2. Previously he had hunted for kids in populated areas. Why was he going down a dead end road. Is,this something he had started doing after Jared?Is this something he might do in other areas?

3. Did he do shift work or did he work M-F? If he had regular hours, are there children issues on weekends?

4. Is there any research anywhere that says that a perv like him can stop,with the physical touchinga of children?

5. He had a pic of a naked girl. Did he do things to girls,as well?

Why would his victims necessarily all be from that area? Ted Bundy had victims from several states across the U.S.

When was Jenna North? Was that her name? Was she ever found and her perp,found?

Regarding your first point he can be civilly committed after he is released from federal prison which can keep him off the streets for the rest of his life, if he makes it through prison. Personally I don't think he will, I think he's gonna be one of those bastards that has a heart attack and dies within a few years, just my feeling.

Currently but some people are trying to reform the MSOP and it could easily not exist 15 years from now. The first person to be released from it was just released. I have a feeling there will be many more to come. (I don't think the person they picked to be first should have been in there (by reading about their background))

Why would his victims necessarily all be from that area? Ted Bundy had victims from several states across the U.S. We know that Heinrich murdered Jacob and I for one don't believe he stopped there. I think his story about being panicked by a police car as his excuse to shoot him, was an attempt to give the impression he had never killed before or after. This along with the fact that serial rapists / murderers don't just stop, makes me believe Jacob wasn't his only murder victim. JMO

I think it's a strong possibility that he had more victims. He confessed about Jacob because it serves to his benefit right now. There could be other victims that he is not mentioning because it does him no good to do so.

He's not a criminal who is confessing out of remorse and he's not a criminal who brags and blabs about his deeds.

Knowing the details of Jacob's case could possibly solve other cases.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member