Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently but some people are trying to reform the MSOP and it could easily not exist 15 years from now. The first person to be released from it was just released. I have a feeling there will be many more to come. (I don't think the person they picked to be first should have been in there (by reading about their background))

Yes, I do wonder what will,happen. I had a relative who was a therapist there. She walked off of the job on a Friday never to return. She could simply no longer listen to why some guy felt it was OK to abuse a four year old. She felt everyone who was there should be there.

The average worker stays at the very good paying job with excellent benefits about two years.

The figures were given a couple of years ago and it is not sustainable.

I say forget treatment. Simply lock them up for life. They blew it No second chance.

I heard Patty Wetterling speak one time and she said that they had concerns about sentences as it is felt if they are too tough, the perp will kill the child to avoid detection.

There needs to be big discussion on this. Because Moose Lake costs too much.

I am here reading along, following each update and post. I just have no words that will sound right at the current moment. I'm so glad his family has answers and can lay him to rest properly but I'm so gut punch sad that they had to live the past 27 years without answers and now to get all of them (so horrible and graphic) at once, sigh how do you even process that? That poor sweet child and his family. :(

That was 27 years ago, though. I strongly doubt even if they could identify and find who to question about this that they retain any memory of that. Even if it was 2.7 years later memory would be an issue.

People's memories are enhanced when they have a reference point. I'm sure most people in the area remember what they were doing when they first heard about Jacob's kidnapping, even though it was 27 yrs ago. This recent news that a Bobcat was used from a particular place just might cause someone to put two and two together and remember something that they thought nothing of at the time.

While we are at it. Wouldn't you think when the construction workers or the farmer or whoever owned the bobcat came back to work they would NOTICE that it had been moved, be able to see the tracks in the gravel and that there had obviously been something LARGE buried there?

Over morning coffee, "Hey Jim; did you dig a hole around the side there and fill it back in?" I just cannot imagine all of this but then, I like to think that I am very aware of my surroundings.

I know here in NJ that sometimes construction equipment can sit idle at a sight for months (sometimes years) due to inactivity, funds, even weather.

I would think someone noticed the bobcat had been moved.

And, I'm curious how the perp knew where the keys were. Had he used the bobcat before for anything?

jmo

I got the impression from previous information that DH was quite the roamer and lurker at night. I would imagine he had a lot of "alone" time, especially at night to scope out many different locations within a certain radius, including desolute areas.

People's memories are enhanced when they have a reference point. I'm sure most people in the area remember what they were doing when they first heard about Jacob's kidnapping, even though it was 27 yrs ago. This recent news that a Bobcat was used from a particular place just might cause someone to put two and two together and remember something that they thought nothing of at the time.

Or, now that the news is out, memories might be triggered about things that people didn't know where significant before. Maybe he lurked around construction sites and people are now putting two and two together, or maybe equipment supply companies noticed weird things at the time with their vehicles but had no idea to connect them to Jacob's case. Maybe, maybe not.

If this perp was out in the night/early morning hours as a habit, that does put him in the environment of being around paperboys. My brother had a route and on weekends, he was at the shack around 3am to fold the big Sunday papers. On weekdays, it was not that early but it was still before dawn. Something to think about. My brother did have some strange encounters, including a man on his route who would leave money tips for him on top of *advertiser censored* magazines.

jmo

I was surprised by the bobcat, also that he used a gun to murder Jacob.

I don't know what the significance is. I feel like if DH was out murdering paper boys in Iowa or other boys - why did he let JS go? Why was he out groping boys in Paynesville? Anything is possible, but it doesn't make sense to me. In my gut I feel like Jacob was the first, and last child he killed. I do believe that he planned to kill Jacob, which was why he had a shovel in the first place. I think he knew after the abduction of JS, and the subsequent sketch of him, that he couldn't let another boy go. I think the bobcat was an improvisation - but I don't think killing Jacob was. I don't believe DH got off on killing JW, but rather, was too afraid of getting caught and thought he couldn't leave behind another witness and another piece of the puzzle for LE. He was so worried about JS being able to recognize him and released him because JS said he hadn't seen his face, but that was a lie, and now there was a sketch of him and a living witness.

I think the only thing that probably kept DH from killing another child was that LE looked at him early on. While he did get away with it for 27-years, I think he realized how close he came to being caught and probably knew he wouldn't be so lucky in another attempt and he obviously found other ways to satiate his pedophilic urges as evidenced by the numerous binders of child *advertiser censored*, video tapes of children, etc.

Do we know of any children who fit the modus operandi of DH? Especially after JW? If he did hurt another child, I would think he'd go further from home, but I doubt it would have been prior to 89.

I thought it was reported that DH went home, after he shot Jacob, and returned a few hours later with the shovel he retrieved when he went home. Can anyone confirm?

One of my main questions was whether or not DH actually loaded his gun at the time he claimed a police cruiser drove by and "spooked" him. If in fact the gun was not loaded the entire time, I think that goes to motive and perhaps he did not plan to kill his victim. I tend to agree with you however, and believe that the gun was in fact loaded the entire time, and just as you speculated, DH had no intention of leaving behind another witness. I also wondered in a previous post if LE was able to question DH at all regarding his statement?

Heinrich was asked in court Tuesday whether he abducted, sexually assaulted and murdered the boy.

"Yes I did," he said. Jacob's mother and his father, Jerry Wetterling, looked on in court as Heinrich revealed details of the crime in central Minnesota that led to changes in national sex offender laws.

Danny Heinrich, who also pleaded guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges, admitted in Minneapolis federal court that he kidnapped and murdered Jacob Wetterling. Heinrich faces the statutory maximum of 20 years in prison for child *advertiser censored*.

Yet a plea deal for Heinrich, 53, will allow him to avoid any charges in Jacob's killing. Judge John Turnheim will ultimately rule on his sentence Nov. 21, KARE-TV reported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...89-killing-jacob-wetterling-article-1.2780266

I was afraid of this. It makes me sick to my stomach. God only know how this poor boy suffered and the horror he lived through.

I was surprised by the bobcat, also that he used a gun to murder Jacob.

I don't know what the significance is. I feel like if DH was out murdering paper boys in Iowa or other boys - why did he let JS go? Why was he out groping boys in Paynesville? Anything is possible, but it doesn't make sense to me. In my gut I feel like Jacob was the first, and last child he killed. I do believe that he planned to kill Jacob, which was why he had a shovel in the first place. I think he knew after the abduction of JS, and the subsequent sketch of him, that he couldn't let another boy go. I think the bobcat was an improvisation - but I don't think killing Jacob was. I don't believe DH got off on killing JW, but rather, was too afraid of getting caught and thought he couldn't leave behind another witness and another piece of the puzzle for LE. He was so worried about JS being able to recognize him and released him because JS said he hadn't seen his face, but that was a lie, and now there was a sketch of him and a living witness.

I think the only thing that probably kept DH from killing another child was that LE looked at him early on. While he did get away with it for 27-years, I think he realized how close he came to being caught and probably knew he wouldn't be so lucky in another attempt and he obviously found other ways to satiate his pedophilic urges as evidenced by the numerous binders of child *advertiser censored*, video tapes of children, etc.

Do we know of any children who fit the modus operandi of DH? Especially after JW? If he did hurt another child, I would think he'd go further from home, but I doubt it would have been prior to 89.

I agree with you about his motive for killing Jacob. I've been saying that all along, since before Heinrich was even unmasked, that if Jacob and Jared were abducted by the same perp then Jacob was most likely killed because Jared was able to give a good enough description for the police to release a photofit of the perp.

Did Heinrich kill others? I think Jacob would have been his first, and his fear of capture would have driven him further afield for the next crime. So you would be looking for child murders after 1989 outside Minnesota. I have to wonder about Heinrich in connection to the West Memphis child murders - three young boys riding their bicycles in a lonely patch of woods next to a truck stop on the interstate. Maybe something went wrong there and he killed all three.

I thought it was reported that DH went home, after he shot Jacob, and returned a few hours later with the shovel he retrieved when he went home. Can anyone confirm?

yes he went home for "a couple hours" after the murder, came back with a shovel, had trouble digging the grave cuz "the shovel wasn't big enough" so he went to the construction site nearby to get a bigger shovel and ended up with a bobcat...

I also wondered in a previous post if LE was able to question DH at all regarding his statement?
Yes they said in the press conference they talked to him all day and night Thursday to get this confession and then they checked his story and brought him back to site Friday to find the remains they couldn't find on Weds.

If this perp was out in the night/early morning hours as a habit, that does put him in the environment of being around paperboys.
They actually caught him stalking a paper boy in his car in 91(?). Someone reported it and the cop that followed up saw him and ran his plates, but said he had no reason to pull him over at that time.

I agree with you about his motive for killing Jacob. I've been saying that all along, since before Heinrich was even unmasked, that if Jacob and Jared were abducted by the same perp then Jacob was most likely killed because Jared was able to give a good enough description for the police to release a photofit of the perp.

Did Heinrich kill others? I think Jacob would have been his first, and his fear of capture would have driven him further afield for the next crime. So you would be looking for child murders after 1989 outside Minnesota. I have to wonder about Heinrich in connection to the West Memphis child murders - three young boys riding their bicycles in a lonely patch of woods next to a truck stop on the interstate. Maybe something went wrong there and he killed all three.
I think it's possible that heinrich may have victims, but I don't see him in connection Johnny Gosch and especially the WM3 case. Doesn't seem like travelled much and stuck in Minnesota, I've been to West Memphis trust me, you don't just happen upon that area unless you live there or are aware of the case. West Memphis is a hellhole, I can't see why he would just travel 894 miles from St. Joseph and decide in to stay there.

I think it's possible that heinrich may have victims, but I don't see him in connection Johnny Gosch and especially the WM3 case. Doesn't seem like travelled much and stuck in Minnesota, I've been to West Memphis trust me, you don't just happen upon that area unless you live there or are aware of the case. West Memphis is a hellhole, I can't see why he would just travel 894 miles from St. Joseph and decide in to stay there.

Maybe he stopped for a break at the truck stop and saw the three boys.

One of my main questions was whether or not DH actually loaded his gun at the time he claimed a police cruiser drove by and "spooked" him. If in fact the gun was not loaded the entire time, I think that goes to motive and perhaps he did not plan to kill his victim. I tend to agree with you however, and believe that the gun was in fact loaded the entire time, and just as you speculated, DH had no intention of leaving behind another witness. I also wondered in a previous post if LE was able to question DH at all regarding his statement?

Thanks for this post! I must have looked over where he went home after shooting Jacob, the last 24 hours have been sort of a whirlwind of information.

With this being the case, I'm not quite as sure the murder was premeditated. When I thought he had brought a shovel along, that seemed like a big clue. I do think he was terrified of being caught after JS, but maybe not ready to murder? If DH is as volatile as he's made out to be, it's very possible he did change his plan after seeing/hearing the police car.

I wish someone would do some deep investigation on this guy. He has zeto info out there, Co workers could be interviewed. What else? Maybe the brothers would be willing to talk now.

possibly, as post page #87 of the three "Danny Heinrich 2" talks about Paynesville police who identified DH stalking newsboys inPaynesville in 1991. The next comment right below lists about 7 others incidents that took place in the two years following JEW's abduction.

possibly, as post page #87 of the three "Danny Heinrich 2" talks about Paynesville police who identified DH stalking newsboys inPaynesville in 1991. The next comment right below lists about 7 others incidents that took place in the two years following JEW's abduction.

Can you copy them onto here?

What was he doing all of the other years?

I had relatives who were farmers. They were in the habit of always leaving a key to either a tractor, a bobcat or anything that needed a key either on top of one of the wheels
or a place in the equipment.

It was a pretty standard practice because there was a greater chance of losing the key in the farmhouse than someone stealing a piece of machinery.

Also, they wouldn't have to go into the farmhouse to retrieve a key any time they were in the fields.

My thought is, living in a farming community, D.H. knew there was likely a key around or in the vehicle. Just my opinion.

Was just going to say this exact same thing. I've been in the construction/building supply industry for over 10 years and it is so common to leave the keys right in the machine (in my experience). Many times even right in the ignition.

ELOCsoul
user-offline.png
Verified Author - "It Can't Happen Here: the Search for Jacob Wetterling"

Join DateJul 2012LocationMidwest USAPosts1,183​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cGorg
Thanks for that link. It gives new meaning to ELOCsoul's statement that "It's all about the cars". Wonder if Heinrich ever owned or borrowed a Monte Carlo........

On April 2, 1991, Paynesville police officer Stephen Lehmkuhl requested assistance from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department. City residents had complained about a strange man driving a tan-colored vehicle that had been witnessed following boys on their newspaper delivery routes. A Stearns County deputy was dispatched to perform surveillance and he observed a tan-colored 1984 Buick driven by Danny Heinrich. Heinrich appeared to be following a paperboy through the downtown area. The deputy noted that although it appeared that Heinrich was stalk-ing newspaper boys, that he did not have probable cause to pull him over. The deputy wrote a report but no further action was taken.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0004_large.jpg

I showed Dan a picture of a 1984 Buick Regal. He said it looked very much like the car he saw, it could be the one. I have no idea though, if Heinrich had access to that care in 1989. Please note, however, that we don't know what model of Buick Heinrich was driving.​

Last edited by ELOCsoul; 08-23-2016 at 04:32 AM.​

I absolutely agree with you Human and Neesaki,

This has to be done, especially since we are aware that most sexual predators start at quite a young age. We also have the unfortunate knowledge that
they cannot stop themselves and whenever there is an opportunity they take it.

Telling the boys they had to run or they would be shot seems like this monster's m.o. I'm sorry but I can't even bring myself to type his initials so
I have to type "monster".

I'd like to know when he purchased this gun. How many years ago? Where did he buy the bullets? How often?

Also I would like to know if other D.N.A. was found in his car and if they could locate a previous car and check that.

I would imagine the F.B.I. is on this. I sure hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum