Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case since day one and it's left an indelible impression. Tonight driving home, I saw two young girls and one of them holding tightly onto the arm of her very young brother. Patty Wetterling's continued search has left an impression like no other. I truly believe how we now conduct our lives, with our children, is all because of the Wetterlings. May they finally find peace.

I always hoped Jacob would be found alive, but in my heart I didn't expect it.. Still when I heard he was found, my heart broke for the Wetterlings. I will never understand how anyone can do this to a child. RIP Jacob.

I grew up in a state neighboring mn,and I clearly remember when Jacob went missing. I was 16 years old,and it affected the manner in which I've kept a watchful eye to try keeping danger away from me-as well as keeping my own boys safe.

After I graduated from college,I moved to St. Cloud,where I worked with and became friends with a woman who is Patty Wetterling's best friend. I was even privileged to meet Patty several times. I can truly say that family never gave up hope and really believed they would one day find Jacob alive so their family could be whole again. You couldn't be around Patty without also knowing they would one day be all together again.

My heart breaks into a thousand pieces today as we learn their belief will never come true in the way they envisioned. Now my hope is that the Wetterling family will find peace in finally ending their search,and they will receive justice for their loss.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This was such a shock to hear, so devastating that he's really gone, but at the same time such a relief that he can be given a proper burial and his killer will be brought to justice! I literally grew up with this case. I'm twenty-four, Jacob was kidnapped before I was even born, but my grandmother was friends with his aunt and uncle at the time he was taken. I grew up with the story, my grandmother telling me about Jacob at the kitchen table while she showed me his missing poster and button. I was "looking for Jacob" everywhere I went before I was old enough to understand he wouldn't look like the picture anymore. I don't even really know how to describe what I feel. My grandmother called frantically as soon as she saw the news, and I just heard from her again, she's been crying all day.

I have followed this case for a while as well. Not as long as you have, but for long enough. I’m not a wallflower, don’t shed tears and I don’t express how I feel. But like all of us, I feel nonetheless. Jacob is deceased, and probably has been for a long, long time. What has human society come to that there are life experiences, paths or whatever it is that can lead to this kind of outlandish deviancy? Where did this guy come from? What happened to him that he possesses not an iota of self-control? Really, to abstain from taking a life and destroying several? It doesn’t take a lot. Sleuthing this has affected me, as I’m sure it has others, and I don’t recommend it. Simply following the case was tiring, draining and to some degree traumatic. I literally felt physically sick when I saw the first headline about Jacob’s remains being found. I didn’t realize until now how badly I wanted him to be alive, despite the logical implications that have existed for some time that he died very quickly. So, your post reminded me that many people were affected by this in different ways and surely in differing degrees. I will continue to follow this case, but I think I’m done with sleuthing.

Heinrich knew he would spend a long time in prison for the *advertiser censored* charges.If a plea deal was made for him going to a better federal prison like a Criminal Defense Attorney suggested then I do think that would be the reason he gave up the information where Jacob was buried.The FBI worked on him until he talked.Heinrich didn't do this because he has a heart.He got something out of it.He will always be a horrible evil monster.I am glad The Wetterling's got their baby back,now he can have a proper burial.I pray they can now have some peace in their hearts.They kept their promise that they would never stop looking and now it is over.God bless them. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

I have followed this case since day one and it's left an indelible impression. Tonight driving home, I saw two young girls and one of them holding tightly onto the arm of her very young brother. Patty Wetterling's continued search has left an impression like no other. I truly believe how we now conduct our lives, with our children, is all because of the Wetterlings. May they finally find peace.

This is an excellent opinion piece. The author feels that hoping for peace is all that's left.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...-has-been-found-and-all-thats-left-hope-peace

This guy was 23 when he abducted Jacob. Nearly 30 years is a long, long time to be free to victimize other children. I just wonder what else he's done.

These were Jill Harrington's words after her daughter's body was found.“It has been like a wound, a huge wound, but until this point it had been a festering wound that could not heal,” Gil told Vieira. “We still have healing to do, but it’s possible because having recovered our daughter’s body gives us peace. I know that no one is hurting her now; she’s beyond pain.” http://www.today.com/id/35141340/ns...llege-student-morgan-harrington/#.V8t-PpgrJbU

ok....does anyone know how old the remains are? had he grown?

One of the links said that Jacob's clothes were found with the remains. I am assuming that means the clothes he was wearing when missing. Which to me indicates he was killed shortly after abducted.

Shocking day, but relieved that the family finally has some answers. It will be interesting to find out the location and if was an area that had been searched.

Jacob is finally coming home!

I wonder what made Heinrich finally crack? He had little to lose by staying quiet. He knows he is never going to walk a free man again. It sucks so bad they cannot charge him in the JS case due to SOL. I hope that crappy law is being lifted. There should be no SOL on a sexual assault esp one of a child. I have had chills all day due to these developments.

Rest in heavenly peace, Jacob.

I don't have a porch, but my lights are on tonight - not only for Jacob and the Wetterlings, but also for the Larsons, the Scheierls, and the Rassiers (and any other victims' families affected by this who is finally in custody).

IMHO Stearns County has a lot of explaining to do. I hope someone exposes all the flaws in this case so this kind of botched investigative work never happens again. There's a lot of lessons to be learned...and Jacob's hope remains strong.

There was alot of evidence against him in the JS case. just because the boy couldnt pick him out of a lineup should not mean much. It was night time and the kid was probably terrified. They had other matches like his clothes, the car, the voice, body type and the fact DH also owned some sort of hand held scanner /radio and the fact the attacker wore camoflauge and DH was in the National Guard is a huge coincidence. The D.A IMO has some explaining to do.

I don't have a porch, but my lights are on tonight - not only for Jacob and the Wetterlings, but also for the Larsons, the Scheierls, and the Rassiers (and any other victims' families affected by this who is finally in custody).

IMHO Stearns County has a lot of explaining to do. I hope someone exposes all the flaws in this case so this kind of botched investigative work never happens again. There's a lot of lessons to be learned...and Jacob's hope remains strong.

There was alot of evidence against him in the JS case. just because the boy couldnt pick him out of a lineup should not mean much. It was night time and the kid was probably terrified. They had other matches like his clothes, the car, the voice, body type and the fact DH also owned some sort of hand held scanner /radio and the fact the attacker wore camoflauge and DH was in the National Guard is a huge coincidence. The D.A IMO has some explaining to do.

I'm not sure about the DA, but certainly LE should have seen red flags and should have been manipulating this guy 24/7 to get him to trip up and legally expose himself. Even if that took 5 years it would have meant 22 years of less suffering. Even without the DNA probable cause was within easy reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper