Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad, on one hand, I am grateful that the Wetterlings will have Jacob back. On the other hand, I am incensed that there may be a deal that he is not charged with the murder. I wonder if Patty had a chance to talk to him. I wonder if the deal requires him to say what happened and how.

From http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

Sources tell WCCO the discovery of Jacob’s remains were part of a plea deal made with Heinrich that prosecutors had been working on for months.

Criminal Defense Attorney Joe Friedberg is not directly involved in the case, but he told WCCO today a deal like this would be rare in a murder case.

Friedberg believes it means Heinrich will plead guilty to the child *advertiser censored* charges and not be prosecuted for Jacob’s murder. As part of the deal it could mean Heinrich serves the rest of his life in a better federal prison.

“I can’t imagine that he said, ‘Look, I’ve done this and I’ve lived with it for so long I’d like to get rid of it,'” Friedberg said. “My guess is some form of immunity was given to him so he would lead them to where Jacob’s remains are.”

Friedberg also says state law states that a victims’ family would first have to sign off on such a plea deal. Meaning, the Wetterling’s would have agreed to this if Heinrich lead authorities to Jacob’s remains.

I have followed this case for a while as well. Not as long as you have, but for long enough. I’m not a wallflower, don’t shed tears and I don’t express how I feel. But like all of us, I feel nonetheless. Jacob is deceased, and probably has been for a long, long time. What has human society come to that there are life experiences, paths or whatever it is that can lead to this kind of outlandish deviancy? Where did this guy come from? What happened to him that he possesses not an iota of self-control? Really, to abstain from taking a life and destroying several? It doesn’t take a lot. Sleuthing this has affected me, as I’m sure it has others, and I don’t recommend it. Simply following the case was tiring, draining and to some degree traumatic. I literally felt physically sick when I saw the first headline about Jacob’s remains being found. I didn’t realize until now how badly I wanted him to be alive, despite the logical implications that have existed for some time that he died very quickly. So, your post reminded me that many people were affected by this in different ways and surely in differing degrees. I will continue to follow this case, but I think I’m done with sleuthing.
:grouphug:

As an aside, if you'd told me in 1989 that we'd be "hashtaging" about Jacob Wetterling's remains being found in 2016...mind.blown...on many levels

This is where he is.
8188af8c4fd646e290064b197812f813.jpg
0f2ea2744cb26b96af789d1c84735cf0.jpg
afffb0000dd5e67795ccb3fcbfb6461e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They described the location:

"...a treeline just a few hundred yards from a farmhouse in a lush green pasture filled with grazing cattle."
and
"...it is about 25 miles from St. Joseph, where Jacob was abducted."

25 miles away. Jesus...what happened during those 25 miles?! Do u suppose he was dead the entire time or...

I'm so glad they have answers even if they are heartbreaking [emoji22].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad, on one hand, I am grateful that the Wetterlings will have Jacob back. On the other hand, I am incensed that there may be a deal that he is not charged with the murder. I wonder if Patty had a chance to talk to him. I wonder if the deal requires him to say what happened and how.

From http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

Sources tell WCCO the discovery of Jacob’s remains were part of a plea deal made with Heinrich that prosecutors had been working on for months.

Criminal Defense Attorney Joe Friedberg is not directly involved in the case, but he told WCCO today a deal like this would be rare in a murder case.

Friedberg believes it means Heinrich will plead guilty to the child *advertiser censored* charges and not be prosecuted for Jacob’s murder. As part of the deal it could mean Heinrich serves the rest of his life in a better federal prison.

“I can’t imagine that he said, ‘Look, I’ve done this and I’ve lived with it for so long I’d like to get rid of it,'” Friedberg said. “My guess is some form of immunity was given to him so he would lead them to where Jacob’s remains are.”

Friedberg also says state law states that a victims’ family would first have to sign off on such a plea deal. Meaning, the Wetterling’s would have agreed to this if Heinrich lead authorities to Jacob’s remains.

Wow. Not prosecuted for murder but still in prison for life. Federal prisons are nicer, I Have heard.

I am weeping. This has been that one case that I have hoped and prayed above all others would be solved. Just a few nights ago, I fell asleep asking God to please bring Jacob home and give his family Peace. I am grateful, but so, so raw emotionally. God bless the Wetterling family. Please God, give them Peace. Amen.

Now I'm wondering how many others are buried in that area.You know he didn't stop after Jacob.They don't stop until they're caught.

My thoughts are with his family.

[video=youtube;DCOn-vDVP-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCOn-vDVP-U[/video]

So bittersweet as I am sure it must be good to know on some level. The true confirmation ~ I am so surprised that he divulged this information. Something is going down, for sure.

Prayers to the Wetterling's this day

25 miles away. Jesus...what happened during those 25 miles?! Do u suppose he was dead the entire time or...

Good question, but remember the car he had at the time. Bad choice for a abduction as the front doors didn't lock and J.E.W. would be in front seat (as DR seems to have recalled seeing actually). Point being, all the more time for J.E.W. to think about escape, especially when the car came to a stop.

I wonder what made Heinrich finally crack? He had little to lose by staying quiet. He knows he is never going to walk a free man again. It sucks so bad they cannot charge him in the JS case due to SOL. I hope that crappy law is being lifted. There should be no SOL on a sexual assault esp one of a child. I have had chills all day due to these developments.

Rest in heavenly peace, Jacob.

A plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members