Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely see what you are saying. I think he did the only thing I could respect, and he finally gave it up. I do appreciate that. I think of all the killers who take their secrets to the grave. I wish he would have spoken up sooner, but I am grateful he didn't carry this to the grave with him. He in a sense gave them a gift. A gift that never needed to be given. A gift he first stole, then kept secret, but finally gave back up. It makes me sick that predators can prey on someone, and then be applauded for admitting their evil truths. But, it's better than the what ifs, maybes and countless other question they could leave them with. So there is, in some twisted way, something to be grateful for.

I'm still in shock over this. I really thought we may never know, but, I am so glad the parents finally can lay Jacob to rest. They can finally seek justice. They deserve justice and to have their little boy home, yet Jacob never deserved any of the things that happened to him. It breaks my heart to think the best thing for the Wetterlings is that now they can bury their son. They should be holding their grandchildren from him, not finally just beginning to seek closure. It's one of those cases you just realize, life is not fair. It can be cruel, unjust, in favor of evil at times. But that evil dwindles in the light and love of the good. That is the only solace in all this. People will remember the grinning little Jacob, and what his parents have done. The evil one will be forgotten.

A gift? From what has been reported, feds made a deal with him. If those reports are correct, he will not be prosecuted for Jacob's abduction and murder. So there will be no justice.

I am also curious to know the answers to some of our other long standing questions. Like, did he stalk Jacob at the hockey practice? Did he see the boys at Tom Thumb and then race back to DR driveway? Was he the perp that tried to abduct "Andrew" that summer of 89?

I have given that a lot of thought thru the years ....we know the boy's trip to Tom Thumb was spur of the moment and unplanned other than the time it took to phone parents for permission to go.

There is no way a kidnapper would be lurking in the shadows on a dark dead-end road hoping some random kids would drive by .... it is rare enough that the 3 boys went out that late evening .... so either the kidnapper saw and stalked them on the way to the store , or spotted them at the store and followed them partway , then would have to pass them so he could park in the driveway to stop them as they rode by.

I dont remember ever hearing the boys say a car passed them on the way home but it must have happened. How else would DH be in position to stop them at just the moment they were there

Curious, if the owners of property do not want their exact location divulged, what good do you think trying to pinpoint it does? Why do we need to know? Uninvolved people don't need their home turning into some shrine or site to be gawked at by the curious.

Edited to add that there is no longer the find the victim, solve the crime reasoning. There is nothing to be gained by figuring out where he was buried. It doesn't matter. Even the press in Minnesota is honoring their request so far.
I don't disagree, but I think it's natural to question whether the location of the remains was close to where JS was taken.

In response to another recent post by another person, JW's clothes were only just found and there has not been time enough yet for DNA analysis on them. Heinrich's DNA was on JS's clothes, no word yet on JW's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They described the location:

"...a treeline just a few hundred yards from a farmhouse in a lush green pasture filled with grazing cattle."
and
"...it is about 25 miles from St. Joseph, where Jacob was abducted."

Somehow, it makes me feel slightly better that he was buried somewhere beautiful, and not thrown in a swamp or the trash. What is wrong with me, or perhaps the world, when that is the shining light in a case? At least he was buried? I feel sick with myself for feeling that almost. But I am so grateful that the Wetterlings are no longer wondering where their baby is any longer, and I know it's not what they wanted, what anyone wanted. But, he is no longer a secret held by a predator. He is reclaimed.

What is DH's connection to farms? There are at least 3 different farms involved in a crime scene.

He took JS and JW to farms. He kidnapped JW from a farm. Were his grandparents farmers? Does anyone know? It feels like he was comfortable on farms.

Hi Sigrun .... it is beside a state highway (can be seen in the video below) .... and the reporter calls it by name which I cannot figure out .... sounds like she says "Rosenna State Highway" or something similar ... listen to it and see what you think ... thanks

0:44 ... reporter on highway .... cars and trucks go by
1:15 ... sounds like she says "Rosenna" State Highway

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...s-they-will-find-wetterling/?e=jYKYvvuzawHEJg

It says "What was then a state highway". County Road 85 used to be State Highway 23 until the bypass was built a few years ago.

It says "What was then a state highway". County Road 85 used to be State Highway 23 until the bypass was built a few years ago.
Thank you. On Google maps, I could only find 23.

His DNA was found on Jacob's clothes? I must have missed that. When was that reported?

The boys were stopped by a masked gunman who emerged from a gravel road. The man abducted Wetterling and ordered the other boys to run to a nearby wooded area and threatened to shoot them if they looked back.

Jacob was never found, despite a massive search.

Heinrich first came to the attention of investigators in 1990. A DNA sample was taken back then, but he was not charged at the time.

Heinrich was named a person of interest in the Wetterling case last October because his DNA taken back in 1990 matched DNA found on evidence obtained in the abduction of a boy in Cold Spring in 1989.

Heinrich couldn't be charged in that case because the statute of limitations had lapsed, but Heinrich was arrested for possession of child *advertiser censored* and then subsequently named a person of interest in the Wetterling case.

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4253704.shtml?cat=10151

I'm a bit disappointed in the Star Trib on the location of the remains*...they more/less give directions straight there. Sheesh. At this point, I don't think it's helpful to anyone. That poor area will be as busy as the State Fair tomorrow

*this sounds too cold. Jacob's unmarked grave doesn't seem right either...nor does "burial site". Apologies...

Has it been said what happend after he took jacob .how long did he keep him .where did he keep him.what did he do to him was anyone else involved..and as much as maybe some don't want to know How did he kill jacob are these facts out yet..

A gift? From what has been reported, feds made a deal with him. If those reports are correct, he will not be prosecuted for Jacob's abduction and murder. So there will be no justice.

Let's be real, his benefit from this is minor. He could have taken this to the grave easily. I am grateful the Wetterlings have an answer. That their minds no longer have to wonder. I am disgusted that Heinrich held this secret for so long. I trust that the Wetterlings agreed that the knowledge he spilled on this was worth whatever benefit he gained. If it was worth it to them, it's enough for me.

I trust that the Wetterlings agreed that the knowledge he spilled on this was worth whatever benefit he gained. If it was worth it to them, it's enough for me.

This. Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better or more succinctly.

(rsbm)

Something just dawned on me..I was just three when Jacob was taken. Whe I think about what happened in my life since the time he went missing, it makes me realize just how much the Wetterlings missed out on. So many things. So much happens in a year. Much less 27. It just feels so cruel, so final...and the word I keep going to...unfair. It's just not fair. I want to question so many things, like how or why this could happen to good people? To a sweet child? Why can evil not just smother itself like a match covered by a glass? Why does it seep out and consume others? Destroy others? Who else has this monster touched?

Let's be real, his benefit from this is minor. He could have taken this to the grave easily. I am grateful the Wetterlings have an answer. That their minds no longer have to wonder. I am disgusted that Heinrich held this secret for so long. I trust that the Wetterlings agreed that the knowledge he spilled on this was worth whatever benefit he gained. If it was worth it to them, it's enough for me.

Minor? If you are going to spend a lot of time in prison, I would say being in a better prison isn't minor at all.

Has it been said what happend after he took jacob .how long did he keep him .where did he keep him.what did he do to him was anyone else involved..and as much as maybe some don't want to know How did he kill jacob are these facts out yet..

Ugh. The thought of these questions is horrifying. If I was the parent, I Would block my ears and eyes.

Frustratingly, no. I don't believe any details are out yet. Authorities may release more info early this week I hope.

The boys were stopped by a masked gunman who emerged from a gravel road. The man abducted Wetterling and ordered the other boys to run to a nearby wooded area and threatened to shoot them if they looked back.

Jacob was never found, despite a massive search.

Heinrich first came to the attention of investigators in 1990. A DNA sample was taken back then, but he was not charged at the time.

Heinrich was named a person of interest in the Wetterling case last October because his DNA taken back in 1990 matched DNA found on evidence obtained in the abduction of a boy in Cold Spring in 1989.

Heinrich couldn't be charged in that case because the statute of limitations had lapsed, but Heinrich was arrested for possession of child *advertiser censored* and then subsequently named a person of interest in the Wetterling case.

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4253704.shtml?cat=10151

Thanks but I've already read all that.

Your statement was "The whole story has not been verified, however his DNA was discovered on JW's clothes"

My question was: When was it reported that his DNA was found on JW's clothes.

The reason I ask is because I find it hard to believe since the DNA from the remains isn't even back yet so how could the DNA from the clothes be back already?

My hope has been that he passed out from fright or an undiagnosed heart issue and never had anything happen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow