Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you're probably right about the landowners. The lack of any meaningful evidence on this rat just baffles me.IIRC, the articles all say that this dumb *advertiser censored* led them to the remains but don't say that he did it. I guess we will find out this week. I feel sick speaking about someone's child as "remains". What a horrible world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way about that word but did not know how express it. Exactly. Thanks

Where were Heinrich's parents the night this loser took Jacob? Did he take Jacob back to his house-whereever he was staying which I believe was with his mother-or did he drive Jacob somewhere to do his dirty deeds? Still looks like LE and everyone totally dropped the ball here. They had enough evidence to charge DH in the JS assault. Too many coincidences involved with clothes, shoes, car, police scanner. I wonder if the scanner DH had still had the duck tape on it? That is why we have jury trials. Charge him, collect the evidence and let a jury decide if he is guilty. Just dont drop charges and let this scum bag off. What a total failure of justice here.

What if the evidence the police had was insufficient and Heinrich was acquitted of the murder? He wouldn't have been able to have been tried again and would've truly gotten away with it.

I absolutely agree with your right to have an opinion on any topic and would fight for your right to be heard. That one good deed has a bit of a cloud hanging over it, in my opinion. I am sure his parents would have appreciated to be able to bring their child home and have a proper burial for him. This one good deed could have come years ago. His parents’ lives were forever changed by this man. I cannot imagine the pain his parents must have felt not knowing. Imagine this, every place you go, every man you see that has even the slightest resemblance to the age progressed photos of Jacob, looking at these people and pleading inside of themselves for this person to be their son. Imagine every birthday, every Christmas, every holiday mourning and wondering if he is out there somewhere. I don’t think of this as a good deed, I think of it as a selfish act. Most likely his DNA is going to be linked to someone else. If he wanted to confess, why not years ago? No death penalty to worry about. He confessed for himself, must have been eating him alive. I hope it was painful….
I know by saying this alot of you might jump on me here but for what it's worth and please believe me IAm not saying we should go easy on him or anything even like that but i will say he gets a nod of the hat for doing what he did because let's be honest whatever his punishment is and as much as the FBI got as far as evidence we are only talking about what were talking about because this guy decided to cooperate if he hadn't theres a good chance this day never comes to fruition. So like i said he gets a small nod of the head for giving the wetterlings the closure...

Just reading DH's background infuriates me. Seems him and his older brother were molested by a guy Mom dated, so thanks Mom for allowing your kids to be abused. That guy was a super perv his name was Duane Hart. Cannot believe Mom did not catch on to the pervert she was dating. This is why I am single after my divorce 3 years ago My kids are 11 and 8 and very few men I trust around my kids. Did Duane Hart molest the youngest brother too? Family dynamics are so screwed up. Nobody puts their kids first anymore.

I am angry at everything esp the DH. I wonder if Jacobs brother and friend yearn to have some poetic justice done to him. I know I would.
Was Heinrich really sexually abused by Duane Hart as a child? I've followed this off and on but had never read that before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree with your right to have an opinion on any topic and would fight for your right to be heard. That one good deed has a bit of a cloud hanging over it, in my opinion. I am sure his parents would have appreciated to be able to bring their child home and have a proper burial for him. This one good deed could have come years ago. His parents’ lives were forever changed by this man. I cannot imagine the pain his parents must have felt not knowing. Imagine this, every place you go, every man you see that has even the slightest resemblance to the age progressed photos of Jacob, looking at these people and pleading inside of themselves for this person to be their son. Imagine every birthday, every Christmas, every holiday mourning and wondering if he is out there somewhere. I don’t think of this as a good deed, I think of it as a selfish act. Most likely his DNA is going to be linked to someone else. If he wanted to confess, why not years ago? No death penalty to worry about. He confessed for himself, must have been eating him alive. I hope it was painful….
SABBM

I question the motives for 'coming clean'. Why so long ? My opinion is that someone forced/cajoled it out of him, or he was faced with a 'better' prospect as far as prison if he 'fessed up.
Gah !!

A small comfort for the Wetterlings... but it is too little, too late.
Btw, great post, Peachykeen !

Where were Heinrich's parents the night this loser took Jacob? Did he take Jacob back to his house-whereever he was staying which I believe was with his mother-or did he drive Jacob somewhere to do his dirty deeds? Still looks like LE and everyone totally dropped the ball here. They had enough evidence to charge DH in the JS assault. Too many coincidences involved with clothes, shoes, car, police scanner. I wonder if the scanner DH had still had the duck tape on it? That is why we have jury trials. Charge him, collect the evidence and let a jury decide if he is guilty. Just dont drop charges and let this scum bag off. What a total failure of justice here.

BBM

I understand your sentiments and I am frustrated too.

But I don't agree that LE dropped the ball and the suspect should have been charged back then. What if your son or husband had driven/walked in that area, with tires that 'matched' and shoes that were the same size as the kidnappers? I bet there are millions of males who had tires and shoes the same size as those tracks. And lots of people have police scanners. Myself included.

I would not want to be in a community where a suspect could be arrested because of coincidences and no solid evidence. :no:

BBM

But I don't agree that LE dropped the ball and the suspect should have been charged back then. What if your son or husband had driven/walked in that area, with tires that 'matched' and shoes that were the same size as the kidnappers? I bet there are millions of males who had tires and shoes the same size as those tracks. And lots of people have police scanners. Myself included.

I would not want to be in a community where a suspect could be arrested because of coincidences and no solid evidence. :no:

Thanks katydid23, that was an outstanding post.

I don't think so much, Ears. Downturn mouth in his present pic but maybe because of he angle, not in his younger pic. And the eyebrows are not the same at all.

In Eloc's book, a person from the Iron Range recognized the poster and said it looked exactly like Duane Allen Hart.

Then there is the drawing of a guy driving a tan van who looks just like Heinrich in teen years, but nothing like he did at the late 80's.

Maybe others think he looks like the sketch, To me, the sketch looked like someone else that was put forth as a possible suspect.

I for one would like to believe that Jacob fought back. I don't believe that DH is/was a serial killer, but definitely a serial sex offender.

I keep telling myself the mystery of what happened to Jacob has been solved...but then why do I still feel so empty, with so many questions about what happened and what went wrong...

image.jpg
I think you'd have to be blind not to see it's an exact match.

Credit: dailymail.com

BBM

I respectfully strongly disagree. The tire tracks + shoe print + no alibi +police scanner+ similar attack in Cold Springs (Jared) + almost identical threat/m.o. (I'll blow your head off/Ill shoot) +Jared's composite sketch/Danny H.'s 1990 mug shot (see above dailymail.com and current comparison) = PLENTY of evidence beyond meer coincidence/circumstantial evidence, imo

Yes, it is between Paynesville and Richmond, 25 miles from St. Joseph to be exact, and 1.5 miles from his mother's house. Or, at least it is the most exact vegetation match with those distances.

With all due respect, Sigrun, the area shown in your attachment 100732 is well outside the 1 1/2 mile radius from DH's mother's place in Paynesville - and several miles away from where Jared was sexually attacked after he was kidnapped in Cold Spring. The lake in your attachment is Pirz (not "Pierz") Lake, and the north-south road is 244th Ave. The east-west road at the top of the attachment is County Road 123 (not to be confused with State Highway 23, which goes through Paynesville, Roscoe, Richmond, Cold Spring, etc.).

I respectfully strongly disagree. The tire tracks + shoe print + no alibi +police scanner+ similar attack in Cold Springs (Jared) + almost identical threat/m.o. (I'll blow your head off/Ill shoot) +Jared's composite sketch/Danny H.'s 1990 mug shot (see above dailymail.com and current comparison) = PLENTY of evidence beyond meer coincidence/circumstantial evidence, imo

So why do you think they chose not to move forward?

With all due respect, Sigrun, the area shown in your attachment 100732 is well outside the 1 1/2 mile radius from DH's mother's place in Paynesville - and several miles away from where Jared was sexually attacked after he was kidnapped in Cold Spring. The lake in your attachment is Pirz (not "Pierz") Lake, and the north-south road is 244th Ave. The east-west road at the top of the attachment is County Road 123 (not to be confused with State Highway 23, which goes through Paynesville, Roscoe, Richmond, Cold Spring, etc.).

Well, I measured it in Google maps. It is the closest green "lush" area to 1.5 miles to Paynesville and 25 miles to St. Joseph. The 1.5 miles from his mother's house and 25 miles from St. Joseph were reported in the news, so that is what I'm going off of. That results in a unique match in the area I showed.

I did a quick sketch up from google. The two distances converge on the green area.

most_Probable_Area_Of_Remains_009.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members