Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is saying they have routinely readmitted evidence to BCA for testing (I think that's what he said), which is what happened in 2015 leading to the search warrant...

I'm pretty sure that when someone is serving their sentence in a federal prison they serve the whole sentence. I could be wrong but I think the deal of being able to apply for parole after half the sentence is served is for state prisons.

I believe the minimum for federal time is 85%.

I'm pretty sure that when someone is serving their sentence in a federal prison they serve the whole sentence. I could be wrong but I think the deal of being able to apply for parole after half the sentence is served is for state prisons.
Thank-you. I hope it is the full sentence.

A phone call by (a lady LE) recommending federal charges as the only way to get Dh to talk was instrumental.

DH is known as volital and want to talk one minute and clam up the next...

Late Tuesday they were ready to excavate. Wednesday they took DH to where he led them to the site. That afternoon they found the jacket. But the location did not produce the evidence they needed. Then DH confessed and his account was credible on Thursday. On Friday, they excavated near where the jacket was found. Late in the day, they found more discoveries, bones and teeth that matched dental records, and a t-shirt with Jacob's name on it.

They said most likely at least 17 years.

I don't understand how knowing where Jacob was is more important than the safety of living children. There should be no chance this guy could ever get out! Unless he wouldn't have gone away for life on the 25 charges either.

Patty speaking now. Thanking everyone. Saying they couldn't talk about details until now. Thanking media. Jacob has taught us all how to live, how to love, how to be kind...his legacy will go on. To Jacob, I'm so sorry...

One huge shout-out to Jared, who had the courage to stand up and say this was me...also the other victims, they deserve so much credit for stirring this pot until he (Dh) was willing to talk.

For us, Jacob was alive, until we found him...

Heinrich says he brought Jacob to his car, handcuffed him, put in front passenger seat. Jacob said "what did I do wrong ?

This is beyond upsetting...I am sick to my stomach for this innocent young soul and his family.

omg that poor baby. :(

Jared up now. I came here today to remember the spirit of Jacob, which is what has motivated me, along with Patty, and the other victims. I was the victim of an assault that in so many ways defined who I am today. Today I'm in a moment of finding a new purpose in helping others find closure so they can move forward...

So this guy was 23 when he abducted, molested and murdered Jacob.

He is now 53 being convicted.

That is 30 years time of being free and who knows what he else did.

Is it possible that more charges can be presented down the road so he will never get out of jail?

The deal that was made today does not exclude him from other charges down the road if more things are discovered..I think..

I would've agreed to it also if it meant I'd find out what happened and where his body was. That would kill me losing my son but not knowing where he was or what happened for 27 years. I don't know how they did it for so long.

(me...) So sad to think that the gun was unloaded... and they might have run away and been okay (sigh sigh sigh)

Why couldn't he have just left him on the side of the road? My God, this is just so sickening. :(

I would've agreed to it also if it meant I'd find out what happened and where his body was. That would kill me losing my son but not knowing where he was or what happened for 27 years. I don't know how they did it for so long.

I completely see why his parents made the plea. I am just sad/scared that he could get out, as someone unrelated to the case, the living children he has the potential to still hurt are more important. But of course JW's parents needed to know where he was and what happened. Its just a terrifying trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71