Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heinrich says he was looking for a boy to abduct, pulled Jared into car, told him to duck, took to location, got Jared undressed in backseat

(Graphic) .... Heinrich says he made child perform oral sex. Threatened to "kill" him if he did not consume bodily fluids.

Sorry! Just reporting the tweet feed from @tedhallerFox9

This is sickening and heartwrenching but I am equally enraged. Being at work I am attempting to control myself. Omg, this cruel, evil, disgusting son of a *****. Is there such a thing as an Angel of Justice? If so, I pray that they shoot bolts of lightening from Heaven and fry his sorry *advertiser censored**.

And we are also sorry for those that were wrongly accused.

I don't understand how knowing where Jacob was is more important than the safety of living children. There should be no chance this guy could ever get out! Unless he wouldn't have gone away for life on the 25 charges either.

Very well said. He has the chance now of getting out of jail- and knowing Minnesota lax laws I would not be surprised..

So this guy was 23 when he abducted, molested and murdered Jacob.

He is now 53 being convicted.

That is 30 years time of being free and who knows what he else did.

Is it possible that more charges can be presented down the road so he will never get out of jail?

The deal that was made today does not exclude him from other charges down the road if more things are discovered..I think..

Where was he between 1989 and 2015, was he in Minnesota all the time?

I completely see why his parents made the plea. I am just sad/scared that he could get out, as someone unrelated to the case, the living children he has the potential to still hurt are more important. But of course JW's parents needed to know where he was and what happened. Its just a terrifying trade off.
If he lives past the twenty years in prison, he'll head on over to Moose Lake.

[FONT=&amp]Heinrich faces five to 20 years in prison for the child *advertiser censored* charge. Both the [/FONT][FONT=&amp]prosecution[/FONT][FONT=&amp] and defense recommended a maximum 20-year sentence. He is subject to civil commitment following his 20-year sentence.[/FONT]

http://www.fox9.com/news/202588793-story

Stearns co. attorney: state statute of limitations were expired on Jared assault and Paynesville cases. Only thing they had was some evidence of Jacob's kidnapping, not murder w/o remains. Child p--- was all they had that would put Dh away for a long time. They wanted answers for family.

BCA: today DNA testing confirms remains are Jacob's. Long federal charges sentencing was what they believed would motivate DH to cooperate.

Can't read anymore of this. Makes me sick. Not sure whether to vomit or cry. When he loaded the gun, he should have put the bullets in his own head. Rat better burn in hell. If he had blasted himself, no one would have missed him. So sad that the Wetterlings had to hear these details. I hope someone gets this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said. He has the chance now of getting out of jail- and knowing Minnesota lax laws I would not be surprised..

I have no issue with MN laws, I live here and love it and take the usual liberal stances on these things (which fits in well in MN!). My issue is more with plea bargaining.

Can't read anymore of this. Makes me sick. Not sure whether to vomit or cry. When he loaded the gun, he should have put the bullets in his own head. Rat better burn in hell. If he had blasted himself, no one would have missed him. So sad that the Wetterlings had to hear these details. I hope someone gets this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it is wrong or right. But seeing another sidewalk shouldnt be an option.

US attorney: DH needed to build confidence in his defense team, and with trial and long sentencing looming he was willing to cooperate 10 days ago. No remorse expressed to US attorneys.

http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/heinrich-admits-killing-jacob-wetterling/314509203

While official sentencing doesn't take place until November 21, the plea deal calls for Danny Heinrich to serve 20 years in prison, the same length he would serve for the child *advertiser censored* charge alone. Federal sentences do not allow for parole, so he will serve the entire 20. The Wetterlings reportedly signed off on the deal, essentially trading immunity on murder charges to find out what happened to Jacob and bring him home.

Not aware of any other victims later after Jacob. Why did he let other victims go and not Jacob? His impression is because he heard a police car go by..

Site was very remote. People all over the county were looking constantly, but remote area.

This plea deal took a lot of work, and people working together, if you ask each one of us, the last 10 days the last few days have been the most difficult professionally...they were concerned every day that Dh would change his mind about cooperating. He is not a calm man, we had a limited amount of time before he changed his mind again... Nobody compares to Dh in my experience.

Is video available of his confession? Or no?

Anyone have a link to Patty speaking today? I missed it.

Dh is not getting away with anything. We got the truth.

///end of press conference coverage from me.

http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/heinrich-admits-killing-jacob-wetterling/314509203

While official sentencing doesn't take place until November 21, the plea deal calls for Danny Heinrich to serve 20 years in prison, the same length he would serve for the child *advertiser censored* charge alone. Federal sentences do not allow for parole, so he will serve the entire 20. The Wetterlings reportedly signed off on the deal, essentially trading immunity on murder charges to find out what happened to Jacob and bring him home.

I guess I am curious what his sentence for 25 child *advertiser censored* charges would have been? Do they run concurrently, so he would have only done 20 years regardless? Or would it have been 5 years per charge?

I am glad that the Wetterlings and other victims had to agree to the plea as well. That makes me feel okay with it. I am pretty sure I would have done the same thing in their shoes.

Yes, it sucks that he won't be convicted of murder. And it would be insane for him to be on the streets again. But I am hoping that won't happen. It sounds like he will serve 20 years. And if he's still alive at that point it sounds like he will be civilly committed. I hope that means he won't be able to harm anyone ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee