Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealing the bobcat to dig a hole is a bizarre detail.

Think that really happened??
I mean the story seems like he really remembered what happened. It's pretty detailed, I can't imagine why he'd make that particular part up.

My own thoughts are he may be minimizing the actual details of the assault, since those could never be contradicted with physical evidence, he gave the authorities what they wanted with the body and the gist of what happened, and reports are he didn't seem to like talking about that part (unlike some that will brag).

Yea, odd for two reasons. He first digs an unsuitable hole with a Bobcat, then digs a 26 year-lasting hole with a shovel. Sounds like the fib of a young child.

I hope they're looking to see if he's connected to any more crimes.

I guarantee you that every state with a crime halfway similar are beating down the doors for a chance to speak with the guy.

It doesn't seem to far-fetched to me. You need to dig a big hole and you come across a bobcat with keys in (or according to him he knew where they were). It's unlikely anyone would miss it until it was back the next day. Sometimes boldness is good, if I saw someone digging with a bobcat the last thing I'd think of is they were trying to bury a body.

Yea, odd for two reasons. He first digs an unsuitable hole with a Bobcat, then digs a 26 year-lasting hole with a shovel. Sounds like the fib of a young child.

Traits of a sociopath..Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.

I wonder how many times DH repeated his version of the story to authorities, or if they were able to question him at any point?

I mean the story seems like he really remembered what happened. It's pretty detailed, I can't imagine why he'd make that particular part up.

I don't know WHY he would make it up....just seems really strange to steal a bobcat to dig a hole when you could steal a proper shovel.

Did he drive his car to the construction site and leave it there while driving the bobcat back to the murder site?

I suppose it's possible.....but it's still bizarre to me.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know WHY he would make it up....just seems really strange to steal a bobcat to dig a hole when you could steal a proper shovel.

Did he drive his car to the construction site and leave it there while driving the bobcat back to the murder site?

This really is an irrelevant detail in compared to the crime.

Maybe he doesn't know how to properly use Bobcat.
Regardless, it's irrelevant. What's the difference on how he dug the hole? If he was going to lie, presumably he would lie about the crime itself. He could have floated one of those "ACCIDENTAL" death scenarios posters here were coming up with.

My own thoughts are he may be minimizing the actual details of the assault, since those could never be contradicted with physical evidence, he gave the authorities what they wanted with the body and the gist of what happened, and reports are he didn't seem to like talking about that part (unlike some that will brag).

It's called whitewashing. No doubt, IMO, regarding the details of his actual crime and what he really did to Jacob. Burn in Hell, Heinrich.

This really is an irrelevant detail in compared to the crime.

I completely agree 100% that it doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things....but my mind is taking it all in and I find this strange. I realize other people may not be interested in this detail.

There was a case in Australia where a cold-blooded, psychopathic serial killer, surprise, killed a bunch of people. Circumstantially, they knew he did it. Same problem. It was obvious he was guilty, but it wasn’t the kind of thing you could convict on. And they had no bodies, just a bunch of missing people that were circumstantially tied to the POI. So, they set up an elaborate sting and totally duped this guy. He took them right to the remains in the Outback and they found several bodies there. He was convicted and is now in prison. That is how you take the gloves off, that is how you manage assertively and that is how you prioritize.
If I learn something new to change my mind I will, but so far that is how I see this. Bad management.[/QUOTE]

Snipped for focus. The case of Stephanie Bennett near me is another one where it took a while for the police to id a suspect. Once they did, they didn't have enough evidence to even get a warrant for DNA. They spent weeks trailing him and trying to get usable DNA from him until they got it and we're able to arrest him.

I'm guessing the Stearns county sheriffs department may not have had the resources to do that, but I bet the FBI did.

The first hole was a rush job when the heat was on. The second hole he had more time

Maybe the bobcat wasn't available a second time or with the pressure off he didn't want to take the added risk of stealing it again.
The second site wasn't too far from a farmstead. Even buffered by the trees and barns you might notice someone digging on your land with a bobcat even if you wouldn't notice a guy with a shovel.

And that confirms, for me, that DR did see them that night.

Hm To,me it says he did not. He said he saw someone in the front seat with cupping hands, Jacob was in the back with hand cuffs.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the assault was probably much worse, he didn't even get sentenced for the murder, and he's still not admitting the entire truth...I really don't want this guy to live out his prison sentence.

Maybe he doesn't know how to properly use Bobcat.
Regardless, it's irrelevant. What's the difference on how he dug the hole? If he was going to lie, presumably he would lie about the crime itself. He could have floated one of those "ACCIDENTAL" death scenarios posters here were coming up with.

Agreed, it seems irrelevant at present.

Is it possible the police didn't really have all these facts about the several incidents compiled or sorted out until way later, but they are acting like they connected the dots back then to cover their a? Looking back at it now, I don't understand why any department wouldn't put all their resources into getting enough evidence to prosecute DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member