Status
Not open for further replies.
ELOCsoul
user-offline.png
Verified Author - "It Can't Happen Here: the Search for Jacob Wetterling"

Join DateJul 2012LocationMidwest USAPosts1,183​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by relay
Does anyone know if there were additional abductions or attempted abductions anywhere near Paynesville or St. Joseph after Jacob disappeared?

Here is a list of reported attempts:
Date Name Age Car Description Location
1/13/89 Jared 12 Dark blue, 4 door, newer car Cold Spring
7/13/89 boy 4 unknown North St. Cloud
July 1989 Andrew 9 Light tan van, white trim, rust St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
Jul-89 boy ?? Van St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
10/22/89 Jacob 11 No vehicle seen St. Joseph
11/8/89 boy 9 unknown New Brighton
11/17/89 boy 13 Tan 4 door Lincoln Town car Roberts, WI
11/30/89 boy 15 Gray, large, older car white top Monticello
12/1/89 boy 10 Brown van Fridley, MN
12/19/89 boy ?? Red, medium 2 door w/ door guards Redwood Falls, MN
3/16/90 Jason 12 Green van, older St. Joseph
6/30/93 girl 8 Red car St. Joseph​

I've been thinking about DH's "i've been framed'' comments he made while being interviewed about JW in 89/90. I would love to hear more about his interactions with police now that we KNOW he committed the crime.

I’m still in complete shock with how all this unfolded. I’ve prayed nearly every night for decades that the Wetterling family could have answers to what happened to Jacob. They have those answers now…but it’s such an empty feeling isn’t it? I have such an admiration of the strength they have all shown over the years and especially yesterday in that court room. Now we all know that a big part of that strength has been Jacob watching over and pushing them all forward. It just absolutely tears me up inside thinking about how Jacob’s last moments and innocent words spoken… were spent with this sorry excuse for a human being. Jacob will never be forgotten and has made a lasting impression on my life and countless others. When my time is up on earth I’ll be finding you for a game of hockey little buddy. Rest in peace Jacob.

for Jacob.JPG

Why would his victims necessarily all be from that area? Ted Bundy had victims from several states across the U.S. We know that Heinrich murdered Jacob and I for one don't believe he stopped there. I think his story about being panicked by a police car as his excuse to shoot him, was an attempt to give the impression he had never killed before or after. This along with the fact that serial rapists / murderers don't just stop, makes me believe Jacob wasn't his only murder victim. JMO

I don't think police is going to dig in the area unless they have some information about possible other victims. There is a lot of digging if you don't know what to look for.

I don't think police is going to dig in the area unless they have some information about possible other victims. There is a lot of digging if you don't know what to look for.

There are tools such as ground penetrating radar. Why do you think he moved the body out of that spot?

Do we know where it is? Do we know what is,there today? Maybe something was going to happen there and he heard about it and had to move it? What sense does it make?

I’m still in complete shock with how all this unfolded. I’ve prayed nearly every night for decades that the Wetterling family could have answers to what happened to Jacob. They have those answers now…but it’s such an empty feeling isn’t it? I have such an admiration of the strength they have all shown over the years and especially yesterday in that court room. Now we all know that a big part of that strength has been Jacob watching over and pushing them all forward. It just absolutely tears me up inside thinking about how Jacob’s last moments and innocent words spoken… were spent with this sorry excuse for a human being. Jacob will never be forgotten and has made a lasting impression on my life and countless others. When my time is up on earth I’ll be finding you for a game of hockey little buddy. Rest in peace Jacob.

View attachment 100927
Beautifully written, Wisdom. I'll try and find you both playing and join in.
I have such admiration and respect for the Wetterling family also.

I think we need a big shout out to,Jared as well. He had the courage to confront everyone's worst nightmare. He met the boogeyman.

Also, to Aaron and Trevor.

These three young men are exactly the opposite of DH.

This is a huge example of the difference love can make in people's lives.

ELOCsoul
user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cGorg
Thanks for that link. It gives new meaning to ELOCsoul's statement that "It's all about the cars". Wonder if Heinrich ever owned or borrowed a Monte Carlo........

On April 2, 1991, Paynesville police officer Stephen Lehmkuhl requested assistance from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department. City residents had complained about a strange man driving a tan-colored vehicle that had been witnessed following boys on their newspaper delivery routes. A Stearns County deputy was dispatched to perform surveillance and he observed a tan-colored 1984 Buick driven by Danny Heinrich. Heinrich appeared to be following a paperboy through the downtown area. The deputy noted that although it appeared that Heinrich was stalk-ing newspaper boys, that he did not have probable cause to pull him over. The deputy wrote a report but no further action was taken.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0004_large.jpg

I showed Dan a picture of a 1984 Buick Regal. He said it looked very much like the car he saw, it could be the one. I have no idea though, if Heinrich had access to that care in 1989. Please note, however, that we don't know what model of Buick Heinrich was driving.​

Last edited by ELOCsoul; 08-23-2016 at 04:32 AM.​

(BBM)

Wow. Well there's the proof right there that '' (<---------what I will refer to him as from this point on). Had NOT stopped what he was doing. There's a police report to prove it.

I'm just sitting here in total shock as this information starts to come out!

This also goes back to what I had posted earlier about the three boys from Des Moines, IA, 2 of which were newspaper delivery boys.

Just shaking my head.

I think we need a big shout out to,Jared as well. He had the courage to confront everyone's worst nightmare. He met the boogeyman.

Also, to Aaron and Trevor.

These three young men are exactly the opposite of DH.

This is a huge example of the difference love can make in people's lives.

Absolutely, human! Thank you for bringing them up. I think Jared is remarkably strong and compassionate. His having to relive that nightmare in order to help in the search for Jacob was extraordinary! They are amazing human beings. <3

ELOCsoul
user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by relay
Does anyone know if there were additional abductions or attempted abductions anywhere near Paynesville or St. Joseph after Jacob disappeared?

Here is a list of reported attempts:
Date Name Age Car Description Location
1/13/89 Jared 12 Dark blue, 4 door, newer car Cold Spring
7/13/89 boy 4 unknown North St. Cloud
July 1989 Andrew 9 Light tan van, white trim, rust St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
Jul-89 boy ?? Van St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
10/22/89 Jacob 11 No vehicle seen St. Joseph
11/8/89 boy 9 unknown New Brighton
11/17/89 boy 13 Tan 4 door Lincoln Town car Roberts, WI
11/30/89 boy 15 Gray, large, older car white top Monticello
12/1/89 boy 10 Brown van Fridley, MN
12/19/89 boy ?? Red, medium 2 door w/ door guards Redwood Falls, MN
3/16/90 Jason 12 Green van, older St. Joseph
6/30/93 girl 8 Red car St. Joseph​
Stopped in 1993. They usually don't stop. I wonder if DH (monster) left the area. Does anyone know if monster stayed living with his mom and did he have a job? It'd be nice if we could help sleuth for LE.

Stopped in 1993. They usually don't stop. I wonder if DH (monster) left the area. Does anyone know if monster stayed living with his mom and did he have a job? It'd be nice if we could help sleuth for LE.

I wouldn't count the one in 1993, that was a girl and DH is into boys.

BTW, I must post this for ELOCsoul. :fireworks: :yourock: :fireworks:

As the man behind It Can&#8217;t Happen Here: The Search for Jacob Wetterling, Dudley is, however, more relieved than most over what FBI agents uncovered over the weekend.

His true crime casebook was fueled by personal frustration and a quest to find answers.

In its second edition, Answers in the Sand, Dudley reveals the circumstances tying Dan Heinrich to Jacob&#8217;s case from the very beginning.

&#8220;You have the Paynesville police telling Stearns County you should expect to see evidence of Dan Heinrich in a driveway and then they find his shoeprints and his tires and this was back in 1990,&#8221; Dudley recalled.

When Dudley came across notes from a prison interview conducted more than two decades ago with Duane Hart, a convicted pedophile, he took action. Those notes became the very research that in September 2014 led Dudley to turn Heinrich&#8217;s name into the FBI.

&#8220;In the original book argued that it&#8217;s more likely the abductor was someone Hart had abused more than it was Hart himself. And that turned out to be true. There have been many reports Hart abused Heinrich,&#8221; said Dudley.

http://www.fox9.com/news/202328541-story

... When my time is up on earth I&#8217;ll be finding you for a game of hockey little buddy. Rest in peace Jacob.
View attachment 100927

A lot of you here have been following this case for years. I&#8217;ve been following pretty long myself and reading this post, I can really see and feel the reality of what so many are feeling right now. Though we know really nothing about him, and most of us never met him, knew him, met his family, or knew them, many of us nonetheless feel a powerful bond with, and loyalty to, this person. And there is something unconditional and magical about that, something all too rare in this world. Your child-like, innocent comment about finding your buddy in heaven was priceless. I doubt I&#8217;ll play hockey with Jacob in heaven, but I get it, and I am honored to be amongst this group who genuinely and sincerely care so much about another human being. Thank you for that post.

I&#8217;m still in complete shock with how all this unfolded. I&#8217;ve prayed nearly every night for decades that the Wetterling family could have answers to what happened to Jacob. They have those answers now&#8230;but it&#8217;s such an empty feeling isn&#8217;t it? I have such an admiration of the strength they have all shown over the years and especially yesterday in that court room. Now we all know that a big part of that strength has been Jacob watching over and pushing them all forward. It just absolutely tears me up inside thinking about how Jacob&#8217;s last moments and innocent words spoken&#8230; were spent with this sorry excuse for a human being. Jacob will never be forgotten and has made a lasting impression on my life and countless others. When my time is up on earth I&#8217;ll be finding you for a game of hockey little buddy. Rest in peace Jacob.

View attachment 100927

You said this better than I could have.

I have prayed the same thing as you all these years. Please, bless the Wetterlings with answers.

Each summer when we travel from Minnesota to Montana to vacation, I would check the bulletin boards at every stop along the Interstate. If I found that Jacob's Missing poster had been obscured by others, I re-tacked it right on top. I even packed thumb tacks for the trip. If there was no Jacob poster, I added one prominently.

The realization of Jacob's fate is crushing.

Now I pray for comfort, strength, and a measure of eventual peace for the Wetterlings.

:tears:

Maybe he stopped for a break at the truck stop and saw the three boys.

From everything that I have heard DH was not a big traveler. I don't think we need to look much further than MN for victims. They had a list of all the cars he had owned at various times and they were usually old cars that didn't seem to last long, so were probably not too reliable. At least one (the one he kidnapped JS in) was repossessed . He worked pretty menial jobs that probably didn't' pay a lot or give him lots of vacation time. He lived with his mother. I don't think he was doing a lot of traveling around, I just don't think he had the means or much opportunity.

From everything that I have heard DH was not a big traveler. I don't think we need to look much further than MN for victims. They had a list of all the cars he had owned at various times and they were usually old cars that didn't seem to last long, so were probably not too reliable. At least one (the one he kidnapped JS in) was repossessed . He worked pretty menial jobs that probably didn't' pay a lot or give him lots of vacation time. He lived with his mother. I don't think he was doing a lot of traveling around, I just don't think he had the means or much opportunity.

All good points and you're probably right. However, there's plenty of DNA from that crime scene that has only ever been tested against the WM3 and a few others closely connected to the case. Would there be any harm in seeing if any of it belongs to DH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member