Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone indicated how long it might take to get an ID? They mention needing an anthropologist..I wonder if they can get DNA at all. I guess a hairmat like Caylee's :( may have blown away. :(

Has anyone indicated how long it might take to get an ID? They mention needing an anthropologist..I wonder if they can get DNA at all. I guess a hairmat like Caylee's :( may have blown away. :(

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...aw-enforcement-presence-e/?comments_id=320135

The remains were sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs. Results are expected to take two to three weeks, Toombs said, but some preliminary findings could be available in as few as three days.

Yep, was posted in the last half of last thread. They said preliminary results could be in as little as a few days but DNA & further forensic results could take 2-3 weeks, possibly a little longer.

Good morning, forgot my manners! :D

Good morning, everyone! I live 100 miles away from Colorado City but posted many of the local news links yesterday 2 threads back. Like I said yesterday, our news stations here in my city are very reliable. They miss a detail or two, but they are ususally spot on in these types of scenarios. Last night on the 6:00PM news, the reporters that had been on the scene since 5:00AM stated that they were told these things about the body from their sources:

Body was in a trash bag
It had been buried and looked as if recent rains and wind had unearthed it
Small hands similar to a child
Partial mummification
Long hair similar to Hailey's still attached to the head
Small items that were recovered in the bag point to this being her
BD and SA were both in Colorado City as of yesterday

I obviously can not give you a link since it was on live television last night. I am confident we have our Hailey. I am saddened, yet relieved. Once we have a definite confirmation of the identity, I truly believe we will see some movement in this case. I think the fingers will point directly at BOTH SA and BD. I posted a link yesterday showing that MSM says that BD and Hailey had had a fight the "NIGHT" she disappeared. I speculate that she did in fact die in the evening and was disposed of the morning that SA abruptly left his job. IMHO

SDT ITA.BD accounts of that next morning when she got up are creepy. I think he left his job to clean up details.

SDT - thank you for all those updates. I followed your posts yesterday and they were very appreciated. Nice when locals can be so hands on as info is streaming down.

Her remains were "mummified." So as I understand it, there will be tissue they can test for DNA. And probably since she was inside a bag, there will be hair present as well. (Edit: See SDT's post above about the hair.)

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...aw-enforcement-presence-e/?comments_id=320135

The remains were sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs. Results are expected to take two to three weeks, Toombs said, but some preliminary findings could be available in as few as three days.

Yep, was posted in the last half of last thread. They said preliminary results could be in as little as a few days but DNA & further forensic results could take 2-3 weeks, possibly a little longer.

Good morning, forgot my manners! :D

Thanks and Good Morning! 2-3 weeks! That's a shame. How does Jerry Springer do it so fast? :banghead:

SDT - thank you.

You are welcome. I just feel so close to this case even though I am 100 miles away.

KCBD has been so up-to-date on the latest details and they have been very reputable in their reporting. Again, they do miss a few details on occasion trying to be the first with the latest. I only watch their news station and read their website every day when it comes to local news.

:fence:

rebel that I am, having a hard time with this...if indeed dear Hailey...
I question duration of time these remains have been in that specific position/location.
Set up? Stupidity? Sheer brilliance? hmmm...
Frustrated? hmm, well, yeah, sumpin's off, can't put finger on it

Thanks to every searcher, the people that found her, covered her up to preserve evidence, ME team that took her out of this horrible grave, detectives, LE our mods WSer's, all who helped her in her after life and to get

JUSTICE FOR HALEIGH!

Prayers and R.I.P now dear angel.

:moo:

SDT ITA.BD accounts of that next morning when she got up are creepy. I think he left his job to clean up details.

I agree. Something terrible happened to Hailey that night when BD said SHE and Hailey had a FIGHT!

Was the fight over Shawn? Was BD jealous of her own pretty daughter, Hailey? Just things I would like to know.

That is why I have been confused as to which one is covering up for the other one.

IMO

Pure speculation here but even if the crime to Hailey was a crime of passion (aftermath of a fight) or a murder to cover up a rape, the way she was disposed of is gnawing at the back of my brain. Considering SA & BD were into true crime, is there another case that's similar in nature to the disposal in this case? That is, if in fact the remains are actually Hailey? I wonder...

Pure speculation here but even if the crime to Hailey was a crime of passion (aftermath of a fight) or a murder to cover up a rape, the way she was disposed of is gnawing at the back of my brain. Considering SA & BD were into true crime, is there another case that's similar in nature to the disposal in this case? That is, if in fact the remains are actually Hailey? I wonder...

THIS!

I have a gut feeling this is exactly what happened.

Im not sure what you mean. A lot of bodies have been placed in a garbage bag and buried in a shallow makeshift grave and were later found when some unsuspecting person stumbled upon the remains some time later.

I think what unearthed the body was the recent rains and winds.

imo

You are welcome. I just feel so close to this case even though I am 100 miles away.

KCBD has been so up-to-date on the latest details and they have been very reputable in their reporting. Again, they do miss a few details on occasion trying to be the first with the latest. I only watch their news station and read their website every day when it comes to local news.

Thanks to you I looked up the news station KCBD and more details are being released. I await for justice around the corner.

Sources say body found in Big Spring is likely Hailey Dunn

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17205156/fbi-to-investigate-human-remains-found-near-big-spring-airport

With sex, fighting, drugs, *advertiser censored* and creepy stuff being the way of life for SA/BD............
I always thought that Hailey may of threatened to tell all to everyone and the 2 were afraid also that she would.
Had she been abused.......I think so (sleeping on couch)
A terrible situation for a teen to be living in.
BD should be charged with putting her daughter in harms way if nothing else.
Hailey really didn't have a great life with dad either, IMO drugs were his first priority.
JMOO

Im not sure what you mean. A lot of bodies have been placed in a garbage bag and buried in a shallow makeshift grave and were later found when some unsuspecting person stumbled upon the remains some time later.

I think what unearthed the body was the recent rains and winds.

imo

No, that's not what I'm referring to Ocean. It's the whole scene altogether. Re: wrapped in a sheet, placed in a garbage bag, shallowly buried in dry dirt, dry climate normally, oil tank, limestone, rocky land for the most part, etc. It just reminds me of something but I'm not sure what. Like deja vu or something from another case that I heard awhile ago maybe. Idk. I'm talking about the demographic as well as the actual disposal, the whole scenario. I'm probably just being whacko lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl