Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

She's had some hard miles put on her, that's for sure.

BillieDunn13HardMiles.png

Hmmmmmm ornage suits her don't cha think?!

it sure seems odd to me that the body was there this whole time, and they just now find it???!!!! it also seems like a strange place to hide a body and not expect it to eventually be found.

bbm

ita.

She'd feel sick even if she was not an innocent party in Hailey's demise. And I truly think that she was involved.

Time is running out. To be a fly on the wall to see the reactions of SA and BD when they heard news that Hailey may be found.

This case has haunted me since Hailey went missing and after all this time, I didn't think Hailey would be found. It's bittersweet....such sad emotions to know that Hailey is truly deceased but happy that justice may be served afterall.

I'm still on the fence about Billie. As for Shawn I'm leaning towards him being involved. There were way too many coincidences on the day Hailey disappeared and now the remains being found only a mile close to his mom's. He was and still is a suspect.

Yes, Billie allowed Shawn into her home with her children. Should she be just as responsible for Hailey's murder (if the remains are Hailey's) even if she was not involved. IMO, no. If she's innocent, she's a victim just like so many other parents of murdered children. She may have made some very wrong choices in her life and this one may be one she will regret for the rest of her life.

The location of the remains renewed focus on Adkins, who during the police investigation failed to complete three lie detector tests and gave contradictory statements to police about the events leading up to Dunn's disappearance. Adkins told police he went directly from his job, in Snyder, Texas, to his mother's home in Big Spring on Monday morning, Dec. 27, around 6 a.m. He told police he was fired from his job, and then later told them he had quit. His employers denied both claims.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hailey-dun...erleader-found/story?id=15967361#.T2sWVsVmI9U

Same old. Nobody lies unless they have something to hide. Why would your own mother move away from the place her own daughter disappeared from? Only to continue seeing a guy who happens to be a person of interest in the case of YOUR MISSING daughter, that could have possibly done something to her? Why would you lie about quitting your job and then being fired when neither are true? why would you fail a polygraph or walk out (or whatever he did) when you have nothing to hide? Especially considering this is about a little girl that could be in serious danger and needs to be found. Rule yourself out as a suspect- camp in the police station giving them everything they need to do this.

And what do they do - move away.

Even without any physical evidence this is enough to set alarm bells ringing. Loudly.

Here is a thread to discuss the proximity of human remains to the family home of Shawn Adkins.

Please sleuth the location in this thread, and discuss your opinions about this location being so close to where Shawn stated he went on the day Hailey was reported missing.

Mr. Young did not say that they haven't been living together; he said that they are not {now} living together. I take this to mean that something may have changed in the last few days and now that they are in Colorado City, they are not "living together". I think that Billy does not plan to take SA back to Austin with her. I think she left him at his mother's house.

SA doesn't even have a job in Austin that I know of. He quit his last job the day Hailey disappeared, so he can't get unempolyment.

I think that Billy is tired of supporting him financially, and it's about time. I hope they arrest him before she gets a chance to break down and take him back!

MOO

Ofc..it could simply mean that Billies relations dont want Shawn staying with them. As Carrie said..Billie and Shawn have been together this whole time and was at the point of Billie being told about the remains found. I have seen/heard nothing that suggests they are no longer a couple. I personally hope they arrest him to get him away from her as i think thats the best way of breaking HIM. Billie IMO will never finish with him if its up to her.

MOO

If Haylie was really found inside a gated company area I'd like to add a comment that any companies and sar should take into account for the future. Peggy Merrimon, missing in Lubbock, whose body was finally years later found the same way. Inside a closed gated company area. Her family searched and searched and stated that they had been right outside that area but didn't search behind the gates/fence. I really believe that LE, SAR, and all companies should check these properties when someone goes missing even if they have to hire someone to get it done. LE and SAR should try to take note of these areas and follow up with owners and never just assume that someone couldn't get inside of a closed business area to hide a body.

Thank you. I can't remember the name of the little girl, but upon her missing LE made a list of all the places to look and what not to do also and informed everyone thru the media. But, he asked everyone to look around their properties....and the businesses as well. Employers could spare a little time to allow this to happen and depending how large the company is, how many employees would be needed to volunteer. All this could be done within 5-60 minutes, imo and a HUGE area could be covered. Sorta like implementation of a fire evacuation plan..

The mummification thing is bugging me. Hailey went missing in dec and I even think it snowed in feb there didnt it? I know the area is dry ,but I would still find it odd that if it is Hailey her body would be in that condition. Laying out in the open. I heard lime will drawn out the fluids and dry out the body so maybe that had something to do with the location. I thought it took a dryer type of heat then texas in december. FWIW

[Warning:graphic]I don't think Hailey was lying out there all this time. I think she was moved there at a later date, not when she went missing. IMHO If this was a 'thrill' kill for the POI and was sexual, a kill and discard would be too quick. A corpse, for someone of that mindset, would have a fascination that a quick discard wouldn't satisfy. IMHO

Has anyone speculated on where the crime took place? Does everyone think it was at the house? Billie's home?

ITA SmoothOperator......................

that was THE sentence that I picked out of that article. Choose to make an arrest? Why would LE have to choose anything? Makes ya wonder if SA has told his new-found attorney some things that only he (or BD) know would be found with the body and why would any defense attorney even say something like that about an arrest? Well, I would guess he might if he felt one was imminent.......................

JMHO

I'm thinking a BUS is imminent, as well. IMHO

Some crime scene photos. The ones that tug on my heartstrings the most are the pics that show several little evidence flags all over the surrounding area. :(

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480542

Slideshow: Big Spring Crime Scene

By: BigCountryHomePage.com Staff Reports
Updated: March 21, 2012

Quote:
Officials cleared the crime scene at the McMahon-Wrinkle Airport in Big Spring this afternoon after investigating most of the morning.

BigCountryHomePage.com staff were there and took the following pictures from the scene.

Click 'Next' to cycle through the photos.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-girl-20120321,0,2505394.story

At a Wednesday news conference broadcast from an airport hangar by KOSA, Big Spring Police Sgt. Tony Everett described the remains as "partially mummified and skeletal," saying it was impossible to speculate about the person's identity or sex.

“An anthropologist is going to have to make that determination,” he said. “We have no idea.”

The remains were found in an industrial area that was fenced and gated but "not impossible to get into," he said.

How horrible. I hope this isn't Hailey. They could have at least had the decency to bury her.

from Janeumayer in thread #2 -----> Not funny! You scared the BEJEEZUS out of me!
RE: the pic linked of Shawn in one of those freaky masks

It scared me, too! I looked at the link, I knew it was a pic, but dang, that's not what I expected.

I couldn't even watch those videos from the beginning of the search/when Hailey went missing. I don't do horror movies, and watching a "real" person in a "real" video with one of those masks on? That made it worse than any horror movie ever made, imo.

For those who are still questioning whether Billie had knowledge and involvement...Billie has never acted like the concerned parent of a missing teen. When I begin to think she couldn't have had any part in her going missing, I remember this interview. Here is video of the first time we see Billie Jean Dunn speak on behalf of Hailey missing. Date is Jan. 2nd

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26345660/detail.html

This is the first video we see of BD and Clint before the camera.

Notice BD says, using the past tense..."She wasnt the type of child to run away"

Justice for Hailey. May God be with those working to solve this crime!
JMO

SA threatened to kill Hailey and her mom. BD chose SA above the threat.
Hailey told her friends she was scared of SA and her GM SA creeped her out. Either BD chose SA over those issues or Hailey was too scared of her reaction to tell her.
Hailey disappears and SA becomes the #1 and only POI. BD yet again choses SA over her missing daughter, lies for him and flees town with him.
It doesnt surprise me that she was found in a trash bag. Hailey never had a chance. :( Its all about SA.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480542
Thanks JerseyGirl for the link and slide show.

In the slide show (the picture right after the helicopter) a lady (in green pants) is standing with her back to the camera .... see the white "rocks" in the foreground? That's caliche (calcium carbonate).

"Caliche is also known as hardpan, calcrete, kankar (in India), or duricrust. The term caliche is Spanish and is originally from the Latin calx, meaning lime" from Caliche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the background are piles of sand that the Desert Tank plant uses to sand blast the tanks. Here's the link about the sandblasting that goes on at that site. http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...aw-enforcement-presence-e/?comments_id=320135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf