Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to thank all of you for being so devoted to Hailey and pursuing the truth and facts behind this horrific crime. I spent countless hours and days following her since she was first reported missing. I have cried tears and felt agonizing pain. Thank you all for being there for Hailey.
Justice for Hailey! Let justice be swift.
JMO

When I heard it was Quail Dobbs that was the JP I was kind of gobsmacked LOL ..I havent heard about him for years and that was when he was famous rodeo clown.

He may be a perfectly suitable JP, but I can't help thinking that we have too many clowns already involved in this rodeo... As long as he isn't an ICP/juggalo clown, we should be ok.

I'm looking at a Death Certificate now. On the DC there are several boxes. Natural, Homicide, Undetermined, Accident, suicide, pending. The pending is used when a death certificate is that..... pending cause of death. But the coroner has released the body for burial or cremation. Six or 8 weeks later a cause of death is then determined or longer, and a final death certificate is issued. Rarely, undetermined remains the cause of death.

In this case however I think DogGone is right. It is hard to say that a person ends up in a bag in the meadow unless someone put her there in that bag and location. :(

On pins and needles waiting for official confirmation from LE on ID. Im sure its Hailey. How many other dead bodies would be buried on SA family doorstep. It will probably be awhile before COD is released and arrests made.

An earlier post indicated the remains were essentially intact, unlike Caylee, due to them being wrapped up which protected them from scavengers.

From what we have heard . . . these remains were "buried in a shallow grave" inside a plastic bag, with or without clothing or a sheet/blanket.

Caylee was found double bagged in plastic inside a laundry bag tossed in the woods/swamp. She was exposed to the elements much more than what we are hearing of these recent remains in Texas.

Texas has been extremely dry and hot . . . drought like conditions, the remains were found in an area where lime(stone) was readily availiable - which covers up the smell and aids in the drying process . . . thus the reports of "mummification".

At least this is what I have been putting together from the little pieces of info about the remains that have come out so far.

I couldn't get caught up, but did anyone go back and look at what she was reported wearing when she disappeared? I know we tossed it around earlier in the threads and I just can't get caught up. I had to confirm it in my head so I looked up the official missing poster: navy sweatpants, light colored t-shirt, flip flops and red hoop earrings.

Let's assume all of these items are correct. If Shawn saw Hailey around 3-3:30PM when he had gotten home and he was the last person to see her...what man pays that close attention to those kind of details? That sounds like something a woman would pay close attention to. IMHO

(snip)

Red hoops are very specific to me. Did she only wear them? Was it her staple like someone wearing pearls studs? I think I have seen pictures and it looked like she changed them regularly. It was just an odd observation that hit me a bit ago. I got to thinking about the details when sources here have said there were items found with her that pointed to this body most likely being HD.

Sorry, I am rambling.

The earrings were "gauges" which are a style of earring worn to stretch the hole to a larger size. They have to be worn for a period of time before they can be removed or the holes close back up. Billie had given her permission to gauge her piercings up to the size of the red hoops only.

"Lauri Martin, a forensic anthropology instructor, said that officials will first try to identify the victim through fingerprints and then through dental records".

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30746297/detail.html

Did Hailey ever have fingerprints done as a child? I have not heard if there were any dental records of Hailey's available but one would assume that she has been to a Dentist in her lifetime.

The earrings were "gauges" which are a style of earring worn to stretch the hole to a larger size. They have to be worn for a period of time before they can be removed or the holes close back up. Billie had given her permission to gauge her piercings up to the size of the red hoops only.

I did not know that; thank you for clearing that up!

I have seen people around here where gauges in their lobes and it makes me wander...if this body had been buried with the gauges still in tact...were they found with this body? There has to be something with her that made local LE state that they are "90% sure" that this is Hailey Dunn.

After watching the Casey debacle and how the decomp made it impossible to get enough evidence...makes me pause in hoping the circumstancial evidence we know of is enough to convict.

"Lauri Martin, a forensic anthropology instructor, said that officials will first try to identify the victim through fingerprints and then through dental records".

Did Hailey ever have fingerprints done as a child? I have not heard if there were any dental records of Hailey's available but one would assume that she has been to a Dentist in her lifetime.

Good question that I was just contemplating. I have my hand print--in plaster, hanging in view that was done in kindergarden. I don't know if HD had one that it could be used? Hoping... that they will be able to match thru dental records.

All I can say about Quail Dobbs is that he is very well known and respected in this area. He has always done a lot for the community. He founded and continues the Kindergarten rodeo every year and I know he goes to area churches to see the kids. He took his job as a rodeo clown very seriously and his life was in danger every rodeo. His job was to protect the cowboys and he did. I'm sure he takes this job very seriously too.

Does anyone remember the interview where Billie said the home cell phone was used in the morning? And that she wanted more information from the police about who the call was made to etc?? I believe it was the interview where the host was upset before beginning. Maybe it was one where Billie was expressing some doubts about Shawn. I have read as many BTHn transcripts as I can but I can't find it.

I have found transcripts but not sure if they are complete, would love to get into the case singal blog but it's all locked up. I am going to have to go listen back.

Anyway, that's the only other information I recall about the cellphones. The only other info is the two ping locations and time frames and the 11 calls. So there is a wealth of information there I imagine, between the two cellphones and perhaps the hospital's call records.

What happened to beanE's case signal blog?

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt they have Hailey's fingerprints. I hope they have dental records for her.

Would there be usable fingerprints in a mummified body that's been buried for a year?

Would there be usable fingerprints in a mummified body that's been buried for a year?

Yes they can be rehydrated quite easily according to some of the crime shows I have seen . . . of course - I have no personal knowledge if this info is actually true. (I am not a forensic ME - but I have seen one on TV)

What happened to beanE's case signal blog?

Guys once a blog goes private that is the end of the story. We don't do private... not on FB or blogs. Everyone needs to be able to verify through use of links. Thanks.

Poor Hailey. Only the killer(s) knew that she wasn't buried where this body was found.

Wondering if the location had been different if SA & BD would have come back from Austin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96