Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's Hailey they have found but there's no confirmation. Another friggin' garbage bag a body has been found in! gar!

May Hailey be found and R.I.P. May justice finally be served!

I bet some are shaking in their boots tonight. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence right now if it's Hailey! Get 'em! I love dumb criminals. 1-2 miles from his mom's!

This garbage bag disposal of children needs to stop. It's not a loving way to put your child at rest, it's not a way to put your pet to rest, it's dumping your child and so uncaring for the victim. You are treating them like garbage. It's abuse of a corpse to me. It's only a way to hide your crime as you take the body out to your vehicle, dump or disquise what has been done. How sick. Yes, Mom's do it too.

If it's Hailey, she will have a proper buriel thank goodness. If it's someone else, may your family have closure and your family member rest in peace.

Tfrohning would so be here right now posting! xoxo

Dr Know, I was thinking about tfro earlier tonight when we first started posting. Missing her because it felt like she should be here posting for Hailey right along with the rest of us. It's strange how things turn out sometimes.

Well little lady Hailey...I been looking at the map again... wondering if that IS you and how you got there...don't think you have been there in that spot an awful long time, but soon we will hopefully know...and soon you, or whoever this lost soul is, will hopefully rest with dignity, in peace.
Prayers for answers and a swift justice, coming without delay.
Peace to all.g'nite

It gives me chills that I suddenly decided to check on the Hailey Dunn case tonight of all nights. Now, the wait.

I actually hadn't read most of Hailey's threads, but last night, I read through all of them. I was shocked when I checked tonight and saw that remains had been found.

Dr Know, I was thinking about tfro earlier tonight when we first started posting. Missing her because it felt like she should be here posting for Hailey right along with the rest of us. It's strange how things turn out sometimes.

I guess I think she's here as much as she cared about finding Hailey and suspecting SA & BD. Yeah, she's here, watching over. xoxo

Her father's house was just across the street. Well, kind of, but I think there was a small field in the way. But it was very close.

But, imo, she never made it to her fathers/ I don't think she made it out of the house alive. imo

:seeya: Hi katydid23 -- just saw your post and remembered your siggy !

katy's siggy :

“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Well ... this day has FINALLY come -- the day Billie has been dreading for a long time now ...

And JMO ... but Billie will stand by Shawn ...

:praying: I hope there will be Justice for Hailey !

Well, I can tell you that when I type in "weaver pipeline" and " desert tanks" in Google, a search comes up listing them both as selling metal tanks, so there is the potential.

Another question is, does anyone recall how long Shawn had worked at Weaver? Is it possible that he actually has worked for Desert Tanks, especially considering that it is close to where his mother lives? Did he maybe work at Desert Tanks prior to working for Weaver?

Little late in my reply....but SA's father drove and worked for Weaver also, iirc.

:seeya: Hi katydid23 -- just saw your post and remembered your siggy !

katy's siggy :

“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Well ... this day has FINALLY come -- the day Billie has been dreading for a long time now ...

And JMO ... but Billie will stand by Shawn ...

:praying: I hope there will be Justice for Hailey !

I have always said that I was keeping this siggy until Hailey comes home. Bittersweet, but hoping she is finally coming home. :rose::rose::star::star:

Maybe she can't post here anymore, but that's not to say she isn't working for the kids...and did some intervention. ;) :rocker:

If the body has been exposed to the elements for a year, there would be no tissue left. Maybe some hair but even most of that would be taken by ravens or vultures. If there is tissue remaining then the remains are not as old as they appear, or they were moved from perhaps cold storage somewhere wrapped up, and placed there recently.

BBM I've had those thoughts too. If they have the teeth....they should be able to tell by comparing to HD's dental charts by tomorrow sometime, imo.

This is too coincidental. OMG Dental Charts. Yes! We shouldn't have to wait too much longer. It has to be Hailey. She had such a sweet smile, and what a beautiful face. I believe Billie was jealous of Hailey's youth and beauty. No wonder she didn't mourn for long, and I can't forgive her for supporting that creep SA. If it weren't for BD shacking up with SA, we never would have heard of Hailey. Hailey would have just gone on with school, sports, getting more gorgeous and enjoying her teen years. What an outrage that her life was cut short.
I had instant tears when I read the first WS comment about wanting to go there so Hailey wouldn't be alone, as to when the forensic team was done. I think most people have developed this need to find this girl and give her a proper burial, and of course punish the guilty.

:praying::praying::praying:

IMHO

Wasn't Tfro's funeral yesterday? I find it ironic she was laid to rest on the same day the remains were found... For me, I prefer to think the veil is thinning and Tfro's "light body" is now more capable of getting a difficult task accomplished..JMHO

This area has been in a drought for a couple of years, but just recently has gotten some much needed rain. The picture of the trees are mesquite trees. They are very drought resistant and are native trees of this area.

I wonder if the rain has washed away what has been partially buried?

Also, the tanks look like they could be oil storage tanks. They are certainly large enough to store oil. WSI is a perforating company. It is possible the two companies could work on the same oil rig. The perforating company would supply the equipment (piping and such) to get to the oil and the tanks would come last to store the oil. Definately in the same field of work....JMO

Hope this helps some. As someone said earlier....there are no wooded areas in this part of Texas. Very dry, flat terrain, lots of wind and very little rain.

In NM on Sunday we had 40-50 mph winds with gusts predicted up to 60 mph. Not quite as bad in Big Springs, but I wonder how heavy the remains would have been and if they could have been blown to where they were found. If not lately, at some other time perhaps. ?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMAF/2012/3/19/DailyHistory.html?MR=1

Good morning all.... I see there is nothing new yet? Will be watching all day with all of you.

Thinking of Hailey and our UID. I hope it won't be long now until we have a name. :rose:

Hi sorry I've not followed the case in awhile due to being ill. Who is tfro? or what was her or his user name on here? Was she related too Hailey?

In the third phase of decomposition, the skin and bones shrink.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/decomposition-of-dead-bodies.html

Hailey is 5'1" tall, which is at the lower end of the range for an adult woman. I doubt the body would shrink that much, certainly not anything remotely small enough to be mistaken as possibly a 4 year old. If it is her the person who found the bones probably didn't get a clear look. But, I suspect the reason is that there was not too much left.

The original report mentioned them trying to determine at first if they were human or animal remains, which suggests that there is no skull or it is very severly damaged. If there was a mostly complete skull it would be pretty obvious immediately if it was human or not.

They also couldn't determine the gender. Simply counting ribs would determine that, so it sort of suggests that it is only partial remains. They say that the bones appear to have been there for a long time (but wouldn't say how long). So they are probably not in good condition, possibly partially predated by animals.

There are apparently 5 missing persons cases in Big Spring, two of which are possible homicides, covering the last 30 years or so.

I am still in shock. I turned on the news at 4am & saw this across the bottom of the screen. I have never had such a guttural reation to a body being found..I am wondering why some think she would have to have been moved there more recently. Imo this is the exact perfect place a criminal of below average intelligence would dump their victim. I will now pray that LE took trash bag samples from billies house, shawns work & mothers house.
I can't quit thinking of the conversation or berating shawn is getting...
I cannot wait to see who starts talking 1st!

I hope they get the ID soon and then there will be some decisive police action...

That's what I'm thinking too. He couldn't wait to leave work. Didn't he leave within a half hour? He says he quit.

SHAWN ADKINS:Yes, that morning I drove to work, I quit my job, turned in my belongings, and I didn’t speak to nobody at work. I left work and stopped by at this residence and nobody was here. So I continued going toward Sea City and I got on I-20 and went to Big Springs at my mother’s house. I made calls on my cell phone to my mom letting her know I quit my job and everything. I got to my mom’s house that day and got on the Internet looking up unemployment to see if I could get an unemployment check until I could get back on my feet and everything. That was my day and then I went home around 3:00 I guess.
Hailey was there watching TV in the living room. I went into me and Billie’s bedroom and she came in there and told me she was going to her father’s house and that she was staying the night with a friend.
Then she left and then I was there by myself for no more than an hour at the most and then David and a friend came over and they went to his room and they were playing video games and so forth. Billie called me and told me that her relief got there and she was going to get to leave a little early so I was there in Snyder at the hospital to pick her up and then we came back and went to bed shortly after that.

I can't believe it looks like he put her within a mile or two of his mom's residence..?!? Good grief.

He does the elliptical sentence ending "and everything" twice in there and now we find out that "and everything" includes dumping a body in a trash bag?

Pretty sad and amazing imo that everyone is not on the phone trying to find out everything they can and reassuring themselves and seeking comfort from each other.

Hailey is 5'1" tall, which is at the lower end of the range for an adult woman. I doubt the body would shrink that much, certainly not anything remotely small enough to be mistaken as possibly a 4 year old. If it is her the person who found the bones probably didn't get a clear look. But, I suspect the reason is that there was not too much left.

The original report mentioned them trying to determine at first if they were human or animal remains, which suggests that there is no skull or it is very severly damaged. If there was a mostly complete skull it would be pretty obvious immediately if it was human or not.

They also couldn't determine the gender. Simply counting ribs would determine that, so it sort of suggests that it is only partial remains. They say that the bones appear to have been there for a long time (but wouldn't say how long). So they are probably not in good condition, possibly partially predated by animals.

There are apparently 5 missing persons cases in Big Spring, two of which are possible homicides, covering the last 30 years or so.

BBM. No it wouldn't. While there tend to be some differences between a male and a female rib cage both males and females have 12 pairs of ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper