Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WHAT???? Camillas ex is now in the Court Circular doing official duties??

Not a Princess (Yorks) to be found anywhere?

If the hourly rate is high enough, I’d be happy to do some. :cool:

I want to keep this thread focused on HRH QEII, but wow I think this move is a poor choice.

If the public is accepting of QC Camilla after the long sordid story -- um why oh why bring up the whole indiscreet infidelity piece??? Why?

jmho ymmv lrr

I want to keep this thread focused on HRH QEII, but wow I think this move is a poor choice.

If the public is accepting of QC Camilla after the long sordid story -- um why oh why bring up the whole indiscreet infidelity piece??? Why?

jmho ymmv lrr

When Camilla’s ex is listed on the Court Circular, it’s very much about the Monarchy, IMO.

QEII has passed on and lost her HRH when the stick was broken over her coffin, symbolizing the end of her reign.

IMO, these types of antics won’t help KCIII one iota, IMO.

WHAT???? Camillas ex is now in the Court Circular doing official duties??

Not a Princess (Yorks) to be found anywhere?

If the hourly rate is high enough, I’d be happy to do some. :cool:
Info per the Court Circular:

The King was represented by the Earl of Rosslyn at the Funeral of Mr. John Bowes-Lyon which was held at the Oratory, Brompton Road, London SW7, this afternoon.

The Queen Consort was represented by Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles.

According to your link, Parker Bowles and Bowes-Lyon were cousins. (Which means for the years QC and Bowles were married, he was her relative too.)

Attachments

• B7D532CD-BC58-4ACD-B635-526E4B94FFFA.jpeg
    B7D532CD-BC58-4ACD-B635-526E4B94FFFA.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2

jmho ymmv lrr
It's been said that Queen Elizabeth II did things her way, so it makes sense that King Charles III will do things his way. I don't expect their reigns to be similar. We're already seeing changes. JMO

"King Charles 'is planning Royal Family's biggest ever global tour to kick off his reign':

Monarch 'will visit Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the Caribbean in two-year blitz to shore up support for the Crown' in echo of the Queen's 1953 Commonwealth Tour. "

Last edited:
Does the crowning the Queen Consort during the coronation mean that she will then be known as Queen Camilla?

"The Prince of Wales is to take an “active role” in planning the coronation of his father King Charles, The Telegraph understands - as an expert report recommended that "archaic", "feudal" and "imperial" elements be dropped from the ceremony.

He and the Princess of Wales are likely - but not confirmed - to have a role in the Westminster Abbey event, with discussions currently under way about how it can be modernised and shortened from the spectacular celebrations for the late Queen.
Buckingham Palace has ... confirmed the date and venue of the King’s ceremony and specified that the Queen Consort will be crowned alongside him."

There are Parliamentary discussions about changes to Clause 6 of the Regency Act: Counsellors of State. Currently, when King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla are out of the country, two Counsellors of State are selected from the next four in succession who are over the age of 18 or 21 (not sure). That includes the Prince of Wales, Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice. I'm curious to see how the Regency Act will be changed.

Viscount Stansgate

"My Lords, I thank the Leader of the House for that reply. The House knows that the Regency Act is still very relevant: it is the only reason why it was possible to open the current Session of this Parliament. Indeed, when you look at the final year of Her late Majesty’s reign, there were elements of a regency about it.

Does the Minister not think it time to approach the King to discuss the potential amendment of this Act, and in particular Clause 6, which at the moment defines regents in relation to their line of succession to the Crown? Otherwise, are the Government happy to continue with a situation where the counsels of state and regency powers may be exercised by the Duke of York or the Duke of Sussex, one of whom has left public life and the other of whom has left the country? Is it not time for the Government to approach the King to see whether a sensible amendment can be made to this Act?"

Lord True

"My Lords, I thank the noble Viscount for the Question but he will of course understand that I will not discuss any private conversations with His Majesty or with the Royal Household. His Majesty King George VI set out in his gracious message to Parliament that there can be a need

“to consider contingencies which may hereafter arise, and to make such provision as will, in any event, secure the exercise of the Royal Authority.”—[Official Report, Commons, 26/1/37; col. 766.]

In that spirit, the Government will always consider what arrangements are needed to ensure resilience in our constitutional arrangements, and in the past we have seen that the point of accession has proved a useful opportunity to consider the arrangements in place.

Attachments

• C379EA86-E78C-43C0-8BFC-A15B83F9ADDE.jpeg
    C379EA86-E78C-43C0-8BFC-A15B83F9ADDE.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 3DC02561-5511-4B99-BB84-05826F5B56E7.jpeg
    3DC02561-5511-4B99-BB84-05826F5B56E7.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 27DA802E-A137-454F-A0FC-1D5E40318C28.jpeg
    27DA802E-A137-454F-A0FC-1D5E40318C28.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12

"Oct 25, 2022 New Conservative Party leader Rishi Sunak has arrived at Buckingham Palace to be appointed prime minister by the King. The meeting will take place in the palace’s 1844 room, where the King will invite Sunak to form a government."

On another video I heard Major Johnny Thompson referred to as Lt Col. Thompson so it appears he's received a promotion. :)

Dailymail has picked up the story about changing the rules for who can be a Counsellor of State:

"Questions over whether Prince Harry and Prince Andrew should be allowed to perform official duties for King Charles have been raised in Parliament for the first time.

Peers in the House of Lords asked if Harry and Andrew should remain as ‘Counsellors of State’ who can act as stand-ins for the King, when they are no longer working royals.

He questioned whether ministers should discuss ‘a sensible amendment’ with the King, adding: ‘Otherwise, are the Government happy to continue with a situation where the counsels of state and regency powers may be exercised by the Duke of York or the Duke of Sussex, one of whom has left public life and the other of whom has left the country?’

The King reportedly wants the law amended so his counsellors are all working royals, but it would require a change in legislation."

Dailymail

^^^^neither is impressed with the other. LOL

my opinion? NEVER snub the cat!

maybe RS doesn’t know he now has a cat? maybe Larry has sized him up and decided the fate of RS? Ie short term guy….

Last edited:
Dailymail has picked up the story about changing the rules for who can be a Counsellor of State:

"Questions over whether Prince Harry and Prince Andrew should be allowed to perform official duties for King Charles have been raised in Parliament for the first time.

Peers in the House of Lords asked if Harry and Andrew should remain as ‘Counsellors of State’ who can act as stand-ins for the King, when they are no longer working royals.

He questioned whether ministers should discuss ‘a sensible amendment’ with the King, adding: ‘Otherwise, are the Government happy to continue with a situation where the counsels of state and regency powers may be exercised by the Duke of York or the Duke of Sussex, one of whom has left public life and the other of whom has left the country?’

The King reportedly wants the law amended so his counsellors are all working royals, but it would require a change in legislation."

Dailymail
Thanks Otto. If Harry and Andrew are removed, does it then follow the line of succession, exluding minor children and those living overseas?

1. The Prince of Wales

2. Prince George of Wales (minor child so excluded)

3. Princess Charlotte of Wales (minor child so excluded)

4. Prince Louis of Wales (minor child so excluded)

5. The Duke of Sussex (excluded by living overseas)

6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor (minor child so excluded also lives overseas)

7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor (minor child so excluded also lives overseas)

8. The Duke of York (excluded ... <modsnip>)

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi (not a working royal)

10. Miss Sienna Mapelli Mozzi (minor child)

11. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank (not a working royal)

12. Master August Brooksbank (minor child)

13. The Earl of Wessex

14. Viscount Severn (minor child)

15. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (age 18? also not a working royal)

16. The Princess Royal

17. Mr. Peter Phillips (not a working royal)

18. Miss Savannah Phillips (minor child)

19. Miss Isla Phillips (minor child)

20. Mrs. Michael Tindall (not a working royal)

21. Miss Mia Tindall (minor child)

22. Miss Lena Tindall (minor child)

23. Master Lucas Tindall (minor child)

That leaves Camilla, William, Edward and Anne. Charles wanted a slimmed down monarchy and it looks like he might get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Beatrice is in the running. She has been undertaking quite a few royal engagements, including abroad, recently. I thought I had read she is already the 5th Counsellor of State (after Camilla, William, Harry, Andrew), but I don’t have a source.

ETA Camilla

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back