Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

View attachment 372554
image from linked article

The Countess' dress is embroidered with lily of the valley, the Queen's favorite, and other flowers from the Queen's wedding bouquet.

I thought that was an incredible, deeply personal homage to a woman she knew and loved as she would her own late mother.

I did wonder how long it would have taken to make that, with all that custom embroidery. She must have had it made a bit ago, just in case.

Here's the best photo of the entire outfit, so I can see the context of the footwear and accessories.

Now that once-Duchess Camilla will be coronated as Queen Consort Camilla, it's really time to step up her normally low-level comfy wardrobe. Sorry, old girl, but now you have the job, you need to dress the part.

The color of the dress is lovely, and I don't mind the velour/velvet, but it should have had a more tailored appearance. The zip is what really sends it downhill into granny's housecoat territory, plus the awful red clutch (?) and the schlumpy black boots. With a better neckline and a sparkly piece of jewelry /brooch, plus a nicer - maybe plaid clutch and either dark hose and black velvet shoes. Even a small velvet hat/ cap / fascinator with a little plume or a cute grouse claw clasp. Always emphasize the upper half of the body with SOME tailoring that makes it more formal, and draws attention to the face and head of the important person. This has none, frankly and is sloppy-looking.

Kudos where deserved: Her hair is really really lovely. Very shiny healthy looking and from this photo her makeup looks fresh and cheery.

Please, if anyone has Angela Kelly's phone #, please give her a ring and ask her to drop in and help out with the wardrobe. She always did a great job of putting together Her Majesty's outfits so they were interesting and special, yet really the same comfortable combination over and over again, a sort of uniform. Camilla can't be expecting this kind of thing to be her signature uniform. And frankly, she is going to have so many regular appearances to make, that she should be considering some kind of "uniform" dressing that was essentially a uniform for the late Queen Elizabeth II. Same kind of simple bag / shoes, maybe available in several colors, to keep the red makeup bag mistake from happening again. Princess Catherine already has this down to an art, and it is certainly not fair to compare QC Camilla with PW Catherine, but the idea of a simple, reliable wardrobe plan is what I'm getting at.

That red clutch that looks like a makeup bag:

Last edited:

Here's the best photo of the entire outfit, so I can see the context of the footwear and accessories.

Now that once-Duchess Camilla will be coronated as Queen Consort Camilla, it's really time to step up her normally low-level comfy wardrobe. Sorry, old girl, but now you have the job, you need to dress the part.

The color of the dress is lovely, and I don't mind the velour/velvet, but it should have had a more tailored appearance. The zip is what really sends it downhill into granny's housecoat territory, plus the awful red clutch (?) and the schlumpy black boots. With a better neckline and a sparkly piece of jewelry /brooch, plus a nicer - maybe plaid clutch and either dark hose and black velvet shoes. Even a small velvet hat/ cap / fascinator with a little plume or a cute grouse claw clasp. Always emphasize the upper half of the body with SOME tailoring that makes it more formal, and draws attention to the face and head of the important person. This has none, frankly and is sloppy-looking.

Kudos where deserved: Her hair is really really lovely. Very shiny healthy looking and from this photo her makeup looks fresh and cheery.

Please, if anyone has Angela Kelly's phone #, please give her a ring and ask her to drop in and help out with the wardrobe. She always did a great job of putting together Her Majesty's outfits so they were interesting and special, yet really the same comfortable combination over and over again, a sort of uniform. Camilla can't be expecting this kind of thing to be her signature uniform. And frankly, she is going to have so many regular appearances to make, that she should be considering some kind of "uniform" dressing that was essentially a uniform for the late Queen Elizabeth II. Same kind of simple bag / shoes, maybe available in several colors, to keep the red makeup bag mistake from happening again. Princess Catherine already has this down to an art, and it is certainly not fair to compare QC Camilla with PW Catherine, but the idea of a simple, reliable wardrobe plan is what I'm getting at.

That red clutch that looks like a makeup bag:
Aren't those wedges and tights? Not boots?

I think cinching in the waist a bit more would have helped. But I don't have much of a waistline any longer, so not much I can say lol.

Attachments

• B4209025-C128-4F7F-871E-E307F71B7A81.jpeg
    B4209025-C128-4F7F-871E-E307F71B7A81.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 6
  • 5B9E6A1C-470A-49CC-8160-3B990C10F0EB.jpeg
    5B9E6A1C-470A-49CC-8160-3B990C10F0EB.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5
  • E2144FAD-C8A1-49EE-9B2D-E7D14B53FF41.jpeg
    E2144FAD-C8A1-49EE-9B2D-E7D14B53FF41.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 6
ADMIN REMINDER:

This post lands at random as a reminder to all members.

Members have a window of time in which to edit or delete their own posts. Please do not ask Moderators after the fact to remove your post. The only exceptions that will be made are personal privacy, personal safety, or extreme emergency circumstances.

Excerpt from: The Rules: Etiquette & Information

REQUESTS TO REMOVE POSTS and THREADS

It is the policy of this community NOT to honor members' requests to remove posts without a valid reason, to be determined by an administrator or moderator. An example would be a post including content that could jeopardize an individual's privacy or safety.

It is each member's responsibility to consider the potential consequences of a post before publishing it to the board, and members are advised to exercise caution regarding the personal/identifying information they share on WS. This is the Internet and anyone in the world can read your posts.

Before asking that a post be deleted, please consider the following:

• Removing posts often will alter the context of a thread, rendering it unintelligible in part, or in whole.
  • Deleting the first post in a thread causes the deletion of the entire thread.
  • Members do not appreciate spending valuable time replying to a post only to have the post disappear.
  • The process of reviewing threads, and editing or removing posts, is time consuming for staff members. Removing even a few posts can take a great deal of time and effort.
Therefore, requests to remove posts will be granted only under extreme or emergency circumstances.

BBM, LOL
During the Coronation, Charles will be anointed with Holy Oil. But this is the King we’re talking about, so he can’t just be drizzled on like a lettuce leaf. Instead, the oil will be poured from a vessel called the Ampulla (pictured).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back