Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess the will covers important issues concerning Monarchy.

Some documents in other countries about delicate political issues dating back to WWII are still closed to the public.

Lt Col Mather worked alongside the Duke of Norfolk who, as Earl Marshal, has formal oversight of coronations and Royal funerals. But it was Lt Col Mather who drew up the detailed plans for London Bridge. He led a team of 300 who met at least once a year to revise the Queen’s funeral plans and co-ordinate with courtiers.

Lt Col Mather would outline his suggestions on paper to the private secretary. This, he said, ‘went up to the Queen in a Red Box – then you waited for a reply to come back’. Her Majesty requested changes via handwritten notes in the margin.

‘My job description didn’t exist. It covered everything and I enjoyed doing it. It was an honour, a privilege and an experience.’

HRH Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Phillip were both World War II veterans:

1665345764792.png
alamy.com

My Mom collected milkweed pods to be used in stuffing life jackets for the Navy, while Princess Elizabeth learned to drive & maintain Army vehicles and Prince Phillip was a naval officer.

More and more I understand the dear late Queen Elizabeth's approach to dressing for an occasion, and why a brooch was the perfect accent to a simple dress.
What will become of the late Queen's massive wardrobe? I don't recall ever seeing her wear the same outfit twice. I loved her simple monochromatic dress/suit/coat/hat ensembles. And, of course, the black leather shoes and handbags. Among the Royals, Princess Catherine comes closest to emulating Queen Elizabeth's classy and elegant, yet simple, style. JMO

Last edited:
What will become of the late Queen's massive wardrobe? I don't recall ever seeing her wear the same outfit twice. I loved her simple monochromatic dress/suit/coat/hat ensembles. And, of course, the black leather shoes and handbags. Among the Royals, Princess Catherine comes closest to emulating Queen Elizabeth's classy and elegant, yet simple, style. JMO
Oooh, I had to go look to see if I could find her size. Looks like it was a secret! Oh, to have one of her handbags…

I’ve linked a couple of cool articles about her wardrobe. Fun fact - She needed an extra shoulder pad as her one shoulder was higher!

STANDING OUT IN A CROWD

The Queen is particularly keen to adopt “outrageous designs and bright colours”, according to Stewart Parvin who has designed evening wear for the Queen since 2000.

She favours block colours which elongate her tiny frame (she is only 5ft 3in) and offer maximum visibility.

“If I wore beige,” the Queen once said, “nobody would know who I am.”

The real reason Her Majesty wore bright colours

No, it wasn't just for a love of neon. The real reason The Queen often wore bright colours was actually very touching. Daughter-in-law Sophie, Countess of Wessex, revealed in documentary The Queen at 90, Her Majesty wore bright colours because: “She needs to stand out for people to say ‘I saw the Queen’. Don’t forget when she turns up somewhere, the crowds are two, three, four, 10, 15 deep, and someone wants to be able to say they saw a bit of the Queen’s hat as she went past.”

''THE OFFICIAL BOOK, FULLY ENDORSED BY QUEEN ELIZABETH II

From Her Majesty’s trusted confidant and Dresser Angela Kelly LVO comes a lavishly designed book of never-before-seen photos of The Queen, Her wardrobe and Her jewels and features intimate anecdotes from Angela’s 25-year career working closely with Her Majesty. A truly unique keepsake and collectors’ item to be treasured. ''

1665430898353.png

Posted the third DailyMail story about the upcoming coronation, to show how the DM, and others, make up stories with no information whatsoever.

First, it was going to be super slimmed down but using the Golden Coach.

Second, up in arms at the very thought of slimming down the coronation, must stick to ‘what’s expected’, ie pagentry.

Third, of course there will be pomp and pageantry but the King will be aware of the economy/financial situations of those who cannot have food nor heat.

This is about selling papers, not based on facts.

Wonder what tomorrows news will bring. lol

Obviously, there will be a grand Coronation and of course, the King knows how difficult the next few years will be on the populace.

He may choose to have a shortened, not 3 hours long, coronation most likely because he will be 74/Camilla 75. His mother was mid twenties for her lengthy coronation.

King Charles, IMO, must tailor this occasion with everything in mind, if he is to keep the goodwill of the people.

I had made reservations to cover June 2

Just changed them to cover May 6 !!!!

Whee !!! :) ( Will be selling an arm and a leg soon to pay for this)

I don't know why, but I feel a great need to start re-watching Monty Python episodes involving Kings and crowns and swords and such.

Last edited:
London — King Charles III will be crowned at Westminster Abbey on May 6 in a ceremony that will embrace the past but look to the modern world after the 70-year reign of the late Queen Elizabeth II.

Tuesday’s announcement from Buckingham Palace comes amid speculation that the coronation will be shorter and less extravagant than the three-hour ceremony that installed Elizabeth in 1953, in keeping with Charles’ plans for a slimmed down monarchy. While the palace provided few details, British media reported that the guest list would be pared to 2,000 from 8,000.

Charles will be crowned in a solemn religious ceremony conducted by Justin Welby, the archbishop of Canterbury, the palace said in a statement. Camilla, the queen consort, will be crowned alongside her husband...

LONDON — Britain’s King Charles III will be crowned at London’s Westminster Abbey next May in a ceremony set to follow the traditional pageantry used for anointing monarchs over the last 1,000 years, Buckingham Palace announced on Tuesday.

Charles, 73, automatically became king on the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth, last month, but the grand coronation ceremony for him and his wife, Camilla, the queen consort, will now take place on Saturday, May 6...

King Charles III has his coronation on the fourth birthday of his grandson, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, son of Prince Harry (Duke of Sussex) and the Duchess of Sussex. :cool:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back