Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not a horse person (they scare me ) but I can appreciate how beautiful these two magnificent beasts are.

The two grey shire horses drawing the buggy with the flowers are 18 hand high !

These two different gorgeous creatures, two of her favorite Fell ponies, Bybeck Katie and Bybeck Nightingale, were pictured with her on her 96th birthday. The average Fell pony height is 13.2 hands, so the two shire horses are almost two feet higher at the shoulders

1664637204916.png

She has lots of other portraits like this with her horses:

1664637936776.png

Here is Her Majesty with her deal little Fell pony Emma who was at the funeral:

1664638048320.png

With her long love of horses, of promoting the breeding and bloodstock lines of rarer horse types native to the UK, her love of horse racing, her adoration of corgis and farm animals, her privilege of having her own personal bagpiper as a morning alarm beneath her window, her fabulous wardrobe, she gives us insight into a very unique and warm personality

I don't yet quite have much of a handle on King Charles III.

Not a horseman, not much for picnics on the Scottish moors, or fly fishing, or a raft of corgis. Yet he also understands the healing that comes from solace in the privacy of the Balmoral grounds.

He goes love gardening, which is a wonderful passion. But we don't yet really know that much about the personality that lives behind the stories and the troubles.

It’s going to be God Save The King for a very long time, three kings in a row.

Lets hope little George has a daughter, so we can return to a Queen.

I wont be hearing it though…lol

Coronation Date speculation is running wild on June 2 or June 3, 2023

Buckingham Palace issues a denial about dates. But The Sun UK, states that July 3 has been chosen as the date

I might note that major London hotels are fully booked for the weekend of June 2-4, and not other weekends around that date This is currently 7 months from now and only this weekend is booking like crazy. :cool:;);)

Last edited:

Buckingham Palace issues a denial about dates. But The Sun UK, states that July 3 has been chosen as the date

I might note that major London hotels are fully booked for the weekend of June 2-4, and not other weekends around that date This is currently 7 months from now and only this weekend is booking like crazy. :cool:;);)

I don't think it's correct English to say he will be "coronated." Should be crowned---right?

Who knows for sure?

Its a lovely thought but it takes a lot of planning for a Coronation and that takes time.

IMO, he’s also smart enough to be wanting it to be a grand occasion but also to be aware of the economic situation and that war in Europe could be any time.

It is very interesting that Queen Margarethe of Denmark is removing titles from half of her family as of January 1st, in order to ‘future proof’ the monarchy.

As cousins, they knew that Queen Elizabeth II was the glue that ‘made’ and held the Monarchy together.

Charles won’t want to be the king who sank the ship. JMO

I'm totally excited because I had already secured a hotel room for a week that bridges that weekend, and it's very close to Buckingham Palace. (I also paid for it when the exchange rate dropped so low!!!)

Now I have to determine if I will need a couple of ballgowns, heels and a tiara or two for all the parties, or if I need to plan on buying a suitcase for all the souvenirs I will buy. I was planning to go with carryon luggage and a trimmed packing list, but things have suddenly changed !!! :)

ETA: there’s that word, coronated again. It’s a word usually used to describe flora and fauna. Please see article below for further clarification.

Surprised to see it in relation to Kings coronation in a British paper though.

Last edited:
I'm totally excited because I had already secured a hotel room for a week that bridges that weekend, and it's very close to Buckingham Palace. (I also paid for it when the exchange rate dropped so low!!!)

Now I have to determine if I will need a couple of ballgowns, heels and a tiara or two for all the parties, or if I need to plan on buying a suitcase for all the souvenirs I will buy. I was planning to go with carryon luggage and a trimmed packing list, but things have suddenly changed !!! :)

There are some lovely hotels in that part of London.

We usually stay just off Bayswater Road, within walking distance of Hyde Park (got a sunburn there once..lol) and Kensington Palace.

Not too far from Green Park with the Palace across the way.

Hope you have a great stay in London Town.

ETA: there’s that word, coronated again. It’s a word usually used to describe flora and fauna. Please see article below for further clarification.

King Charles will be crowned at the coronation ceremony, but first- the Stone of Destiny!

''Authorities in Scotland have confirmed that the Stone of Destiny, a 336-pound block of sandstone on which Scottish kings were crowned for centuries, will be brought to England for the coronation.

The stone was taken by an invading English king in 1296 and remained in England for 700 years (excluding a three-month stint in Scotland after four Scottish students took it from Westminster Abbey) before finally being returned to Scotland by the British Government in 1996.

Stone of Destiny on Moot Hill in the grounds of Scone Palace. perthshire scotland
A file photo shows the Stone of Destiny on Moot Hill in the grounds of Scone Palace, in Perthshire, Scotland.WAYNE HUTCHINSON/FARM IMAGES/UNIVERSAL IMAGES GROUP/GETTY
Saint Edward's Crown is also likely to make an appearance at the coronation, as it has at the coronation of almost every English sovereign for more than 700 years.

The crown has a checkered history among Charles' namesakes: The original was broken up by order of Parliament in 1649, during the same war that led to Charles I's execution. The existing crown was made from the fragments for Charles II's coronation 12 years later.

Since, it has been worn by each monarch only once in their lifetime, during their coronation, and at some point in the coming year or so, after his record-70-year wait, it will be Charles III's turn.''

Well, the papers haven't needed that headline in 73 years, right?

Probably a new editor. (LOL)

The Grammarphobia explaination makes sense -- the coronation includes the new monarch & the crown.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back