Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As June 3, the purported date, is a Saturday, I don't think it will cause that much disruption.

The late Queen Elizabeth II's coronation was on June 2. I have a feeling that King Charles III does not want to incur the "expense" and stress to the general public of calling a Bank Holiday for that Friday.

I think he is being quite deliberate in his choices to avoid extra expense and trouble to the general population of the UK, which are going to have a difficult and expensive winter, given the crazy UK financial policies and the threats to the economy from the Russian manipulation of gas supplies to Europe.

Last edited:
Can’t but mention the long-dead sister of the Queen, princess Margaret. Recently I read an article with tons of photographs of the Queen’s only sister. How stunningly attractive she was! Speaking about the humor, too. Of all the tragic figures surrounding the throne, most, like princess Diane, lived in a different time and had more female power, more TV and news outlets, on their side. But the one situation remaining unresolved to me was Margaret’s personal tragedy. While I believe that it was also the reflection of the time, people around me still can’t imagine how Margaret’s first love was dealt with. Of the dead, either good or nothing, but Margaret has to be remembered as well.

Yes, the romance between Princess Margaret and Group Captain Peter Townsend was not just a family issue.

It became a constitutional crisis because Townsend was divorced and the Princess could not marry a divorced man, in the Church of England. Her sister, Queen Elizabeth II, of course, being the head of The Church of England.

This is an easy read, if not terribly representative of the immense stress this put the 27 year-old Queen Elizabeth II under.

This is a bit more specific:

Back to the Coronation:

This article, from the Times of London today suggests that the following Monday, June 5 could end up being a Bank Holiday, instead:

They are recommending the 5-star Goring Hotel.

Unfortunately, the cheapest room is about $950 a night.

Last edited:
Love all images of HRH Queen Elizabeth on horseback, especially sidesaddle:

1665229857091.png
nbcnews.com

I'm competent riding astride -- but HRH's shoulders just don't move. Impressive!

RIP, Your Majesty!

Ninety years? That's bizarre. Many, if not most of the living Royals will be long gone by then. JMO

IMO, part of the reason is to prevent further jealousies between family members, who are all filthy rich in their own right.

Throughout history, the Royals have been jealous, backstabbing people who sent siblings and spouses to the Tower for minor infractions.

Imagine if that was possible today. I can think of a few who would be dispatched. lol. IMO

Elizabeth's document will be deposited in the safe alongside her husband's. It will join those of her mother Elizabeth and sister Princess Margaret, who both died in 2002. The tradition of sealing the wills of deceased royals started in 1910 with Prince Francis of Teck. Since then, 30 more wills are kept safe in an undisclosed location in London, under the care of a judge.

"Until after the death of Edward VII in 1910, the will of the monarch was available for public inspection, as were those of all other members of the royal family."
At the centre of the controversy was Prince Francis, brother-in-law of the future king, George V.
A pliant court concealed Prince Francis's indiscretions, he says, and since then the palace has given government lawyers similar instructions. "From that day to this all royal wills have been sealed and are not available to anyone, scholars and researchers also being excluded from seeing their contents."

Last edited:
Sometimes, it is better to be oblivious ;)

All the wills should be in the public domain, once probated.

The RF are only there due to an accident of birth, they are normal people with many secrets. IMO

They should not be treated any differently than the rest of us when it comes to taxes, wills etc. IMO

IMO, part of the reason is to prevent further jealousies between family members, who are all filthy rich in their own right.

Throughout history, the Royals have been jealous, backstabbing people who sent siblings and spouses to the Tower for minor infractions.

Imagine if that was possible today. I can think of a few who would be dispatched. lol. IMO
LMAO just thinking about it! Can you imagine the media/social media spectacle rolling heads would become? Lots of money to be made off such events, too :D JMO

Information about the Coronation is being revealed, slowy, and the date has not yet been "officially" announced.

They will still be using the Golden Carriage !!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back