Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On a tangential subject, I hope that he has a nice, painterly, portrait of himself for his Family Orders. Queen Victoria still reigns in that department, but there have been nice ones since. I guess I'm hoping for something that looks timeless. We shall see. Likely very soon, as I suppose he feels that everything needs to be done pronto, as his will most certainly not be a 70 year reign!

There’s a crown on the middle one, right side.

I don’t recognize it but it’s there.

Isn‘t a PeeChee a folder for loose papers in school?

KCIII won’t have a long reign, he gets to choose his cypher and is now Top Dog.

He‘s come to the crown at an unenviable time, war and recession, pandemic etc.

I wish him well. Long live the King!

Love the cipher and especially love this rendition of the Imperial State Crown. I think over time there won't be any association in anyone's mind with other, commercial, ciphers, as the key is the crown. No matter what the initials looks like, it's the crown atop them that symbolizes the Monarchy.

The style of the initials, to me, look elegant but masculine, and fit well with the style of contemporary times.

I was going to comment that KCIII is a man who doesn't waste time. On the other hand, he's had considerable time to think of these things, perhaps. (I imagine him as a young man, inventing and practicing his royal cipher, like the rest of us worked on defining ourselves by developing and refining our signatures during class, on our PeeChees. I know, does anyone know what a PeeChee is these days?)
^^^^^for my reply posted above.

Update:

The Royal Family website has been updated.

Prince Andrew is the last one listed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are just above him.

Then ‘lesser’ working Royals, cousins of the late Queen, right up to King Charles.

The succession is still the same, it requires Letters Patent if KCIII wishes to make changes.

I'd never really thought of the Royal Family as a business, with the Royals as employees.
But that's the way I see it now.

Seems if you're born into it, you're expected to "work for the firm"

I am glad I'm not a Royal. I'd hate to have my entire life mapped out for me.

Last edited:
Indeed. It gives me hope that the upcoming generations will know nothing about the Charles-Camilla scandals that were rich fodder for the National Rags.
I don't know. To me, that is something with many object lessons. And many obvious warning signs ignored - the biggest object lesson of all! Diana came from a fractured family & Charles was the worst of matches for her. History can be a great teacher. If we will study & learn from it!

Indeed. It gives me hope that the upcoming generations will know nothing about the Charles-Camilla scandals that were rich fodder for the National Rags.

When the Royal Family is, literally, part of history, future generations will know all about the many scandals, broken marriages etc that have occurred within the second Elizabethan age.

We know all about previous Kings and Queens, why not this lot?

Must admit, when KCIII had his two ‘stinking ink’ episodes, I found it quite lovely to hear Camilla speak. Very posh, very calm.

I also knew that Queen Elizabeth would never have reacted in that manner.

It’s a whole new world in the Palace. Long live the King.

Love the cipher and especially love this rendition of the Imperial State Crown. I think over time there won't be any association in anyone's mind with other, commercial, ciphers, as the key is the crown. No matter what the initials looks like, it's the crown atop them that symbolizes the Monarchy.

The style of the initials, to me, look elegant but masculine, and fit well with the style of contemporary times.

I was going to comment that KCIII is a man who doesn't waste time. On the other hand, he's had considerable time to think of these things, perhaps. (I imagine him as a young man, inventing and practicing his royal cipher, like the rest of us worked on defining ourselves by developing and refining our signatures during class, on our PeeChees. I know, does anyone know what a PeeChee is these days?)

No idea what a PeeChee is??!! But then I am not English - but American. Is that an English saying?

No idea what a PeeChee is??!! But then I am not English - but American. Is that an English saying?
Oh, Niner. That is precious. I, too, am an American. But, evidently, an older one than you.

PeeChees were, in the days of dinosaurs, what every school kid carried to stash his homework in, fresh sheets of lined paper, etc. At the beginning of every school year, students' PeeChees were nice and new looking, like the one below. A few weeks in, they became covered in scribblings, often done during boring teacher lectures, study hour, etc. Filled with phone numbers given to a guy from a girl or vice-versa, stick figures and other drawings and doodlings, etc.

Here is one from my era:
1664384790148.png

Thank you, these paintings are magical and exquisite!

There's something very special about Pointon's paintings. I was unfamiliar with Rob Pointon but I heard Andrew Geeson mention him. BTW... Andrew Geeson is a great Brit watercolor artist, his YT channel is wonderful for beginners. Obviously, nothing like Pointon, though.

There's something very special about Pointon's paintings. I was unfamiliar with Rob Pointon but I heard Andrew Geeson mention him. BTW... Andrew Geeson is a great Brit watercolor artist, his YT channel is wonderful for beginners. Obviously, nothing like Pointon, though.

It brings tears to see it and remember all those poignant details.

I had no idea we would see the Crown Jewels in the procession like that. So stunning and so real. Then the heart-wrenching moments when they were removed by The Crown jeweler. I didn't realize it would be an iconic moment done in public at her service.

Then the very dear wreath of those flowers chosen by her son and heir from the gardens. I have to think she would have loved that. No huge floral cascades of imported flowers, but familiar friends from her garden.

Thank you for sharing this. The paintings are gorgeous - I love royal purple! Pachelbel Canon in D is perfect accompaniment.

Speaking of royal purple, after seasonal flower cleanup. it was time for a lovely mum for the urn on our front porch. Most years, I get deep red/burgundy that looks nice with our mahogany front door/side lights. In honor of the Queen, this year I selected a deep purple mum. It's not exactly "royal" purple - more like periwinkle - but still purple to honor Elizabeth II.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back