Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my spot and what a day! My prayers are with the Alexanders more than ever. Jodi isn't through.

Unless she's just like her daughter, and her own reputation is paramount to anyone or anything else. May have been her way of calling JA a liar...
There's a lot of debate of how much genetics plays into personality disorders. I try to ignore it because I share children with my ex...but one has to wonder when there's Casey and Cindy, Jodi and Sandy, Scott and Jackie, Darlie and Darlie, etc. These aren't just mothers trying to protect their children - they enable their children to cause further harm. They become their children's proxies.

JMO and FWIW

I have created a virtual "Light A Candle" for Travis on Gratefulness.org. The link is below.
Our Group name is TVA.
(Travis Victor Alexander). All you have to do is click on the link and light a candle, leave a message, or just light a candle. Share as you wish.
I think it's a nice way to show support to the Alexanders/friends/family if they are reading here.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA

Had to work so I missed it all...so in this letter, did she admit to killing Travis or blame it on the Ninja's??? Surely she admitted that she did it.
God she drives me nuts.

Martinez asked if she went out of her way to contact Alexander's family after his death. She said she did contact them and confirmed that on June 13, 2008, she sent Alexander's grandmother flowers and a note saying that she was in her prayers.

"You felt badly for her," Martinez said.

"Yes," Arias replied.

Martinez then asked Arias if she sent a letter to Alexander's family on July 28, 2008, Travis Alexander's birthday. She confirmed that she had.

Afterward, Martinez played a video clip from an interview Arias gave to the CBS program "48 Hours" in August 2008. In the video, Arias said she wrote to Alexander's family members because they deserved answers.

Martinez noted the letter was 18 pages long. In it, Arias told Alexander's family that he was killed by unknown male and female intruders.

"So you lied to them, didn't you?" Martinez asked.

"Yes," Arias replied.

I have created a virtual "Light A Candle" for Travis on Gratefulness.org. The link is below.
Our Group name is TVA.
(Travis Victor Alexander). All you have to do is click on the link and light a candle, leave a message, or just light a candle. Share as you wish.
I think it's a nice way to show support to the Alexanders/friends/family if they are reading here.

Please everyone, go light a candle. It took me 1 minute. Let's shine bright.

Had to work so I missed it all...so in this letter, did she admit to killing Travis or blame it on the Ninja's??? Surely she admitted that she did it.
God she drives me nuts.

It was the 18 page "sympathy" letter she wrote to Travis' family. In it she provided great detail about the killing, except it was her ninja story. She also spent about half the pages detailing every perceive slight she received from Travis.

Jen said the look on the jurors' faces told her this would stay with them for a while and they looked shocked (not verbatim but that was the gist).

I know everything there is to know and I was in shock. I will never forget this day. I am headed to reread her secret testimony to contrast with what the jury learned today.

Our Group name is TVA.

Thank you for doing this!!

God she drives me nuts.

She blamed the ninjas, and went into great detail. Plus admitted the snooping in his phone and how she caught him texting other women but she loved him anyway.

The letter is in evidence and its damning power can scarcely be overstated.

It should be exhibited in the jurors' Deliberations Room right next to the autopsy photos.

She says in the letter two of her toes were bleeding from kicking the girl ninja so hard. As BK posters note, she almost certainly meant kicking Travis that hard. When he was down on the ground.

Please everyone, go light a candle. It took me 1 minute. Let's shine bright.

If anyone has FB and wants to share it over on the Travis sites, please do so! The more the merrier - unified. Thanks!

LIGHT A VIRTUAL CANDLE IN SUPPORT OF JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AS WELL AS FOR CONTINUED LOVE, STRENGTH AND PRAYERS FOR THE ALEXANDER FAMILY/FRIENDS ... AND JUAN MARTINEZ! (AND ESTEBAN FLORES!)

I am a little confused. I recall a condolence letter sent to Travis' grandmother. Were there two separate additional letters sent to the family? Was the information about the date they became "official" in the same letter that described the ninjas attacking? TIA

This is the letter she wrote from jail to the family on Travis' birthday, July 28, 2008. The family has not yet released the letter sent to the grandmother. You have to wonder if it's the Alexander's way of saying "enough is enough". Because if we think this letter was bad what will we think of the other letter. JA has to be wondering if they will release that one or not before JM is through. JA probably should just go right to remorse because I don't think the DT can rebound from this one. Defense have to wonder what she wrote to the grandmother that is worse than this letter.

Where is everyone getting excerpts of the letter to travis's family?????

TIA, and thanks LC for the thread :)

Here are some @WildAboutTrial Tweets about it

1:13 PM@WildAboutTrialJuan asked Geff if he was aware that #JodiArias attended TA's memorial. Geff "was under that impression."Twitter
1:15 PM@WildAboutTrialJuan asks Geff why #JodiArias praised TA at his memorial if he was such a terrible person. http://t.co/dlKk84Gc7kTwitter
1:16 PM@WildAboutTrialNow we look at #JodiArias' diary where she complains about TA. Juan questions Geff on The Law of Attraction. Why is she being negative?Twitter
1:16 PM@WildAboutTrialGeff doesn't think she's being THAT negative. LOL #jodiariasTwitter
1:18 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias stares at the desk space in front of her as she draws frantically. Uh oh, Juan is making good points.Twitter
1:18 PM@WildAboutTrial10 minute afternoon break in #vandytrialTwitter
1:19 PM@WildAboutTrialJ asks G if TA was beautiful on the inside & out if he had a fascination for little boys. G says no, that's not his definition. #jodiariasTwitter
3:04 PM@WildAboutTrialJSS was like, "LOL, ok. No." #jodiariasTwitter
3:06 PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi, you're adorable. I love your socks. Never change. #jodiariasTwitter
3:16 PM@WildAboutTrialTests asks about non sexual assault by family memeber - mugged, shot, etc. Or if she was ever attached by someone she didn't know #jodiariasTwitter
3:18 PM@WildAboutTrialJuan says test reads a non-sexual assault by a stranger was the most traumatic experience. #jodiariasTwitter
3:21 PM@WildAboutTrialCameras can be turned back on but there's a sidebar sizzle. #jodiariasTwitter
3:30 PM@WildAboutTrialLetter to TA's family July 28th, 2008 from #JodiArias on screenTwitter
3:31 PM@WildAboutTrialIn this letter to Travis' family, #JodiArias is describing the ninja attack. Frightening that she thought it was appropriate to send this.Twitter
3:31 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias says in the letter that she knows they hate her & doesn't want them to but she understands bc she has a brother.Twitter
3:32 PM@WildAboutTrialCrazy crazy description of the fake attack in heavy detail in letter to family. #jodiariasTwitter
3:33 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias' face looks so sad as this letter is read. She stares at Juan. She looks embarrassed as if she's going to cry.Twitter
3:33 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias says Travis claims he can't stand up and can't feel his legs after he's been attacked.Twitter
3:34 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias claims she lunged & attacked the female intruder.Twitter
3:34 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias talks about her toenails bleeding after the attack.Twitter
3:35 PM@WildAboutTrial"I'm sorry about my handwriting, I'm shaking as I write this." #JodiAriasTwitter
3:36 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias is trying to cry. Hard.Twitter
3:36 PM@WildAboutTrialSandy Arias is leaning her entire body to the left as if this is a painful experience, having to hear her daughters blatant lies. #jodiariasTwitter
3:37 PM@WildAboutTrialGeff reading along with the letter on the screen. #jodiariasTwitter
3:37 PM@WildAboutTrialJury very engaged reading word for word with Juan. & suddently we're reminded why we're here. Travis is dead. #jodiariasTwitter
3:38 PM@WildAboutTrialJurors take notes at Juan points out that test results were based on a lie. #jodiariasTwitter
3:40 PM@WildAboutTrialSome jurors still taking notes. #jodiariasTwitter
3:41 PM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias picked the wrong day to wear a sleeveless shirt. Should have gone more librarian for such a punch in the face.Twitter
3:42 PM@WildAboutTrialEvening recess. Return 9:15am Monday. #jodiariasTwitter
3:43 PM@WildAboutTrialCameras shut off, jurors asked to leave. We're still here bc Juan wants to question Geff about test. #jodiariasTwitter
3:44 PM@WildAboutTrialFor some reason Juan is required to ask Geff Qs twice, once w/o jury, second time w/jury. #jodiariasTwitter
3:45 PM@WildAboutTrialThis Q will be presented to jury on Monday. #jodiariasTwitter

Did she just say that she was driving along and a car raced pasted her, pulled in front and hit their brakes and she saw it was Travis's BMW?

I need to finish listening. That may be right. Or was that when she walked in his house while he and Lisa were talking in the kitchen and she fled? I honestly cannot recall...she was so intrusive!

The letter is in evidence and its damning power can scarcely be overstated.

It should be exhibited in the jurors' Deliberations Room right next to the autopsy photos.

I'm very much hoping that JM reads more of it when DeMarte is on the stand, and that he asks her to explain, line by line, what the letter says about JA.

I'm very much hoping that JM reads more of it when DeMarte is on the stand, and that he asks her to explain, line by line, what the letter says about JA.

I just know that will happen!!!

She says in the letter two of her toes were bleeding from kicking the girl ninja so hard. As BK posters note, she almost certainly meant kicking Travis that hard. When he was down on the ground.

Or she dropped the knife on her foot after she finished stabbing him and was trying to grab him to pull him back toward the shower...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478