Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scads of the scantily clad...

And, staying on topic, what Gus Searcy said about JA's apparel and accoutrements:

"She was always dressed very feminine but very conservative."

He also described her dress as "classy... appropriate... professional".

Now, I'll be the last guy ever accused of possessing ladies' fashion expertise, but c'mon, Gus!

View attachment 68397

View attachment 68399
View attachment 68400
View attachment 68401

Other words like provocative and revealing seem more apt descriptors.

Except for that stupid t-shirt she made after she killed TA, of course.

Yep! No self-esteem there.

Does anyone know if DR ever married?

Court doc filed Oct. 22, 2013 by JA to remove Nurmi. It's like a peek into the mind of a mad woman.

http://wildabouttrial.com/court_docs/jodi-arias-nurmi-motion.pdf

WOW. Thanks for linking this doc again. What an enjoyable read. Been a while since I skimmed it. I enjoyed reading it so much that I uncorked some Pinot G and started reading back at the beginning. It is a blow by blow of how utterly miserable Nurmi is making the killer's life. I actually like Nurmeister a bit right now. LOL

Love how she says it was a big horrible mistake not to try and go after Deanna's credibility. And looks like they took her advice this time and EPIC FAIL. LOL

Juan did a perfect redirect, and showed that Deanna told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And JW looked like a petty witch. Again.

And the jury is left with the Bishops testimony, as they go home for the long break.

Not astigmatism: I have that and it doesn't make my eyes look in different directions. She is cross-eyed or has strabismus or something. It's probably exacerbated by looking in the mirror at herself overly much, especially in profile. Usually this can be corrected, at least somewhat. I'll bet she was too vain to undergo the treatment.

I'd guess at amblyopia, or more commonly known as "lazy eye". My youngest son has/d it, however we caught it while he was quite young(4) and thankfully were able to correct it. Turns out he actually needed glasses for one of his eyes that was nearsighted, as well as the required patching.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/amblyopia-child-eyes
http://www.healthyhippie.net/amblyopia-lazy-eye/
http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems?sso=y

Did witness#1 ever live with the Bishop? If not, how did he know him? Enough to allow the online gf to live in his home for 4-5 months?
I thought he said witness #1 used the communal computer to meet this online gf and skype with her....I think I'm really confused....

Did witness#1 ever live with the Bishop? If not, how did he know him? Enough to allow the online gf to live in his home for 4-5 months?
I thought he said witness #1 used the communal computer to meet this online gf and skype with her....I think I'm really confused....

Val1 posted these tweets upthread. Here are the ones about MM. START AT BOTTOM:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Witness #1 had Parker's permission to use the computer TA wasn't living there at that time #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2m2 minutes ago
Alexander was not living in the house when witness 1 was there to visit the girl he thought he might marry. Witness 1 used the computer.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Witness 1 would come visit girlfriend at Bishop's house & had permission to use Bishop's computer. #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2m2 minutes ago
JodiArias secret non witness #1's online GF came and stayed with the Bishop. No males stayed at home.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2m2 minutes ago
Bishop Parker witness#1's online GF also lived w/him after parents asked 4a safe place 4her 2stay 12/2000 #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
She came to stay late Nov/Dec 2000 #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Witness 1's online girlfriend lived w/Bishop. Bishop says he would not have allowed that if another male was living there. #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 32s33 seconds ago
#JodiArias secret non witness witness #1, Bishop says, met a girl online and has an online relationship

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 23s24 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
The woman traveled to Riverside to meet Witness #1 #jodiarias #3tvarias

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 14s15 seconds ago
Bishop Parker tells jurors about defense anonymous witness#1 &his relationship with a woman he met online #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 43s43 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Parker knew Witness #1 in 1999 and Wit #1 met a woman online. They had an online relationship #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 19s20 seconds ago
Bishop discusses Witness 1 & his online relationship with a female. #jodiarias

From the texts above, it sounds like the Bishop knew witness1 , but witness1 did not live with the Bishop. Apparently W#1 worked with computers, so he did not need to come use the communal one, it seems. [ but that is not clear.] After he became serious with his online girlfriend, he asked the Bishop to talk to her parents, and assure them the Bishop could watch over her if she came to visit. And that is supposedly when he began using the communal computer?

From the texts above, it sounds like the Bishop knew witness1 , but witness1 did not live with the Bishop. Apparently W#1 worked with computers, so he did not need to come use the communal one, it seems. [ but that is not clear.] After he became serious with his online girlfriend, he asked the Bishop to talk to her parents, and assure them the Bishop could watch over her if she came to visit. And that is supposedly when he began using the communal computer?

Sounds like it and apparently he saw his gf at the Bishop's daily for 4-5 months(until they got married), not sure just when the pop-ups happened, just that it would have been somewhere between Nov/00 and March or April/01, long after TA had moved out in Aug/00 and while DR was in Costa Rica(June/00-Nov/01) so there's no way any of that could have happened the way he said it did. As for how MM knew TA, possibly in the singles ward in '99, since that's when the Bishop met both of them. Perhaps some kind of rivalry from the ward, or just that old black magic that JA seems to cast over insecure individuals...

Sounds like it and apparently he saw his gf at the Bishop's daily for 4-5 months(until they got married), not sure just when the pop-ups happened, just that it would have been somewhere between Nov/00 and March or April/01, long after TA had moved out in Aug/00 and while DR was in Costa Rica(June/00-Nov/01) so there's no way any of that could have happened the way he said it did. As for how MM knew TA, possibly in the singles ward in '99, since that's when the Bishop met both of them. Perhaps some kind of rivalry from the ward, or just that old black magic that JA seems to cast over insecure individuals...

I thought it was cool that Juan never even bothered to ask the Bishop about the alleged 'couch altercation.' As you said, DR did not return until Nov 01. W#1 claims that happened in Dec 01---but she and TA were not even dating at that time. So arguing over marriage makes no sense.

I am sure Nurmi will WANT to ask the Bishop about it though. But since Juan did not bring it up in direct, does that mean Nurmi cannot ask about it in cross?

I am not sure, because I think that Juan had the Witness affidavit showing on the projector, so that might have opened the door?

That is pretty close to how I recall it:
- Travis moved out and no one had ever seen him on the computer. No pop-up issues at that time.
- Jake moved in after and the problems started some time after that. Tommy said it was Jake's doing.
- Future Mrs W1 moved in later and geek Mr W1 worked on fixing the problem, which was done at a repair shop.
- It wasn't even *advertiser censored* that was found and definitely not chorn, just scantily clad ladies.

There was one part I wasn't quite clear on. W1 met his future wife on-line. Some of us were wondering if he had done some wife-searching from the bishop's computer and maybe that had triggered the problem as opposed to Jake doing it. But the bishop was convinced it was Jake because Tommy and the bishop's son I believe it was both told him that Jake told them it was his fault.

So Ziggy and Shadowboy ----are the Hawks going to play well against the Pats? I am a huge Hawks fan, but I am a bit nervous about this game. :yes:

If there is any justice Brady will have a hard time holding on to the ball.

Scads of the scantily clad...

And, staying on topic, what Gus Searcy said about JA's apparel and accoutrements:

"She was always dressed very feminine but very conservative."

He also described her dress as "classy... appropriate... professional".

Now, I'll be the last guy ever accused of possessing ladies' fashion expertise, but c'mon, Gus!

View attachment 68397

View attachment 68399
View attachment 68400
View attachment 68401

Other words like provocative and revealing seem more apt descriptors.

Except for that stupid t-shirt she made after she killed TA, of course.

That is "professional", for some "occupations" :rolleyes:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..But didn't I read( versus heard) It's only per McGee's affidavit he knew him...and since this mystery witness#1 has never been cross examined let alone interviewed by State (Juan)..then it really comes down to an unknown,unsubstantiated allegation...Yet, somehow THIS Judge is allowing DT to present it a some sort of fact????????? The appellate courts could have a coronary reviewing the rulings on allowing such evidence to even enter a court case...But I will admit..I am a purist when it comes to evidence being properly vetted long before being allowed...:tantrum:

JM is very happy the judge allowed this in. He's destroying the credibility of Jodi's "character" witness'.

I'm not overly familiar with that case and I don't want to get involved in another big one. He's the football player accused of 3 separate murders, correct?

and under inflating footballs.

That is pretty close to how I recall it:
- Travis moved out and no one had ever seen him on the computer. No pop-up issues at that time.
- Jake moved in after and the problems started some time after that. Tommy said it was Jake's doing.
- Future Mrs W1 moved in later and geek Mr W1 worked on fixing the problem, which was done at a repair shop.
- It wasn't even *advertiser censored* that was found and definitely not chorn, just scantily clad ladies.

There was one part I wasn't quite clear on. W1 met his future wife on-line. Some of us were wondering if he had done some wife-searching from the bishop's computer and maybe that had triggered the problem as opposed to Jake doing it. But the bishop was convinced it was Jake because Tommy and the bishop's son I believe it was both told him that Jake told them it was his fault.

According to BK, the Bishop said MM had had this online relationship for a few years at the time he met MM(was about the same time as he met TA in March 1999). MM and his woman friend wanted to meet to see if they were compatible(with an eye to marry) and the Bishop helped by giving her a place to stay while they got to know each other.

Hadn't Juan finished his direct on Bishop Parker when the day ended yesterday? I believe that was the case.

It's pathetic that KN didn't complete his cross, wasting more time and money. Seriously, how much is there that he can ask?
- "You said that Travis never touched the computer. Were you with it every moment he was there?" This would get nowhere and pizz off the jurors. They already know he had nothing to do with it, so it would just remind them about the defense and W1 lies.
- "What did Travis confess to?" Objection. Sustained.
- "What did Deanna confess to?" Objection. Sustained.
- "Did Travis confess...?" Objection. Sustained.
- "How long ... temple recommend ...?" Objection. Sustained.

It's pointless to think they will get anything out of him. The defense should have been happy to get him off the stand as quickly as possible. Instead just seeing him Monday will remind the jurors how pathetic the defense's case is. And if KN thinks better of it and doesn't ask any questions Monday that will infuriate the jurors because they'll know he jacked the poor guy around needlessly just to be spiteful.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/29/2015 8:00 AM

01/23/2015

HONORABLE JOSEPH KREAMER

MINUTE ENTRY

1:33 p.m. This is the time set for Status Conference relating to the consolidated Motions
to Strike the Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty...

Gary Bevilacqua, counsel for Macario Lopez, Jr. CR2011-007597-001, advises the Court
that the data intended to support the request for an Evidentiary Hearing as part of the Motion
to Strike the Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty will not be ready until the end of March.
The Court admonishes Mr. Bevilacqua for not previously notifying the Court that the
materials were not ready, which will result in the continuance of today’s proceeding.
Numerous in-custody defendants have thus been unnecessarily transported for what
amounts to a scheduling conference.

The Court further reminds all Defense counsel that, if their respective Defendant’s
presence was waived, in accordance with the Court’s minute entry dated January 5, 2015, a
Waiver of Presence applicable to today’s proceeding was to be filed on or before January 16
and e-mailed to this Division. The Court’s judicial assistant e-mailed all counsel, copying all
counsel on the e-mail, regarding the lack of Waivers of Presence and, to the extent that a
Waiver of Presence had not previously been filed, only one additional attorney responded.
Susan Corey, counsel for Jason Noonkester CR2011-138281-001, addresses the Court
regarding the expected timeframe for the expert to finish her work and to have the required
materials compiled.

Discussion is held regarding scheduling issues.

IT IS ORDERED that the Defense shall have until March 20, 2015, in which to file a
Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing and to produce any data that the Defense believes would
support its argument that an Evidentiary Hearing is appropriate and/or supports the factual
basis for the Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing. The Defense is to provide a copy of the
Motion and a copy of all of the data to the Court and to each counsel of record for the State.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall have until April 10, 2015, in which to
file a Response to the Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Hearing for April 24, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in this
Division on the Defendants’ Motions for Evidentiary Hearing. Unless a formal Waiver of
Presence is filed, each Defendant will be transported for this Hearing.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Oral Argument on May 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. on
the Defendants’ Motions to Strike Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty. Unless a formal
Waiver of Presence is filed, each Defendant will be transported for the Oral Argument.
Any Waiver of Presence applicable to the Hearing on April 24, 2015, or the Oral
Argument on May 8, 2015, must be filed on or before April 10, 2015, and must be emailed
to this Division.

IT IS ORDERED vacating Oral Argument set for February 6, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in this
Division.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6672988.pdf
--------------------

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/29/2015 8:00 AM

01/27/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY-THREE

The Jury is not present.
Court and counsel discuss matters.
Defendant’s Motion to Preclude Witness is argued and denied.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the Defendant states on the record that she will not
be completing her testimony...

Defendant’s Motion to Preclude Witness is re-urged and re-argued.
The ruling is made as stated on the record...

The Defense rests.
The State’s rebuttal case commences.
Abe Abdelhadi is sworn and testifies.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT the witness identifies the Defendant...

The witness is admonished not to discuss this case or his testimony until the end of this
case or when he is informed that he will not be recalled and steps down from the witness
stand...

Deanna Reid is sworn and testifies.
Defense Exhibit 845 is marked for identification..

4:05 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/28/15 at 1:30 p.m. in this division....

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6672486.pdf
--------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/29/2015 029 - ME: Status Conference - Party (001) 1/29/2015
1/29/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/29/2015

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Oral Arguments set for MAY 8TH??????? The trial is going to last until May?

Hadn't Juan finished his direct on Bishop Parker when the day ended yesterday? I believe that was the case.

It's pathetic that KN didn't complete his cross, wasting more time and money. Seriously, how much is there that he can ask?
- "You said that Travis never touched the computer. Were you with it every moment he was there?" This would get nowhere and pizz off the jurors. They already know he had nothing to do with it, so it would just remind them about the defense and W1 lies.
- "What did Travis confess to?" Objection. Sustained.
- "What did Deanna confess to?" Objection. Sustained.
- "Did Travis confess...?" Objection. Sustained.
- "How long ... temple recommend ...?" Objection. Sustained.

It's pointless to think they will get anything out of him. The defense should have been happy to get him off the stand as quickly as possible. Instead just seeing him Monday will remind the jurors how pathetic the defense's case is. And if KN thinks better of it and doesn't ask any questions Monday that will infuriate the jurors because they'll know he jacked the poor guy around needlessly just to be spiteful.

I will explode if KN asks him two questions and then is done. My guess is that KN didn't know how easily the Bishop would destroy the affidavit and he needs time to re-prepare. JMO

Oral Arguments set for MAY 8TH??????? The trial is going to last until May?

I think that's a different trial and she posted it in order to compare to JA's trial. JMO

I had asked a question in the previous thread: Did Mark McGee even know Travis? Does anyone know or is this part of the whole lie?

I may be late in the thread, but I wanted to give my 2 cents. I think MM knew "of" Travis. I bet Travis was everything he wasn't. Popular, well liked, friendly in that Ward and Singles group. They may have had interchanges in passing, but not "friends". I think MM was jealous. And that is the seed, along with his desire to be "known". He is now a "darling" of the JA followers.. well, maybe not since he's a proven liar and his affidavit will not save her after all the talk.

I may be late in the thread, but I wanted to give my 2 cents. I think MM knew "of" Travis. I bet Travis was everything he wasn't. Popular, well liked, friendly in that Ward and Singles group. They may have had interchanges in passing, but not "friends". I think MM was jealous. And that is the seed, along with his desire to be "known". He is now a "darling" of the JA followers.. well, maybe not since he's a proven liar and his affidavit will not save her after all the talk.

Sounds kind of like talking about JA vs Deanna doesn't it? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966