Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Sky-ism. :)

This in relationship to how JA used Abe to anger TA.

Context...JA interacted with Sky between September 2006 and April 2007 when she threw JA out for good. Baptism in Nov. 2006.

Sky said that at PPL meetings and events (very frequent) from Dec 2006 on, JA rountinely would do things like lay her head on a married man's shoulder, then tell Sky the man had been coming on to her. Sky believed JA thought Sky would tell TA.

Sky also knew that JA told TA these stories herself. If TA didn't get angry she'd up the ante until he did. (He won't leave me alone! ...ok, he tried to kiss me....etc.).

Playing the Abe card was a very well worn trick of hers.

And after hearing what Chris Hughes said about TA in high school, I have even more respect for how amazing his life turned out. He went from a lonely nerd to T-Dogg. Good for him.
I hope those kids in high school have since learned that, despite his circumstances growing up, Travis was able to make a very healthy, fruitful and successful life for himself.

Interesting. Do you think that he allowed her to spend the day with him? How did she corner him in the shower?

In her *secretestiphony she says after they woke up, had sex and came downstairs he went into his office and had breakfast, she intoned how the picture of him in his pajamas sitting at his desk with his feet up eating a bowl of oatmeal is clear as daylight in her mind - it makes no sense that after waking around 1:00 that he would dress in pajamas and have breakfast in his office (something she never said on the stand the first time). It makes more sense if, when she snuck in to his house that morning, that's where he was and what he was doing, likely after putting the floor cleaner together and moving furniture off the tile in preparation to clean his floors. And imo closer to 10:00 a.m. after Zach left to return his rental car.

*ETA: Sorry, another post downthread reminded me it was the letter to Travis' family where she says this, not in the transcript of her closed-door testimony, my mistake.

He was immature, on the emotional level, imo. But I think it was because of his early home life. That is when young boys learn to transition into young men. And his learning curve would be stilted somewhat by his difficult circumstances. And after hearing what Chris Hughes said about TA in high school, I have even more respect for how amazing his life turned out. He went from a lonely nerd to T-Dogg. Good for him.

And it helps explain why he did not recognize JA's evil streak, at first. He had very little experience with women. He was blinded by the blonde bombshell facade. I hate her more and more, as time goes on. I hope the jury feels the same way.

I'm binging on context today...;)

TA met JA in September 2006. The success he had made of his life was almost brand new.

In 2000 he owed over $20k on credit cards and was working 3 jobs, over 80 hours a week. He met Chris Hughes and joined PPL in 2001. He moved to Mesa in 2004, in equal part because of its Mormon community and because he wanted a fresh PPL market.

In less than one year Travis Alexander had earned enough to buy himself a house (July 24, 2004), and to rank number 2 out of over 5,000 PPL associates.

He had less than 2 years of success and adjusting to a very different lifestyle before he met her.

I don't think how the Bishop felt about TA as a person has been mentioned. I would imagine if he thought of TA in a negative way, Juan wouldn't have the Bishop on the stand. JMO

In the audio interview of Chris Hughes up-thread, Hughes said he met Travis in Spring 01 when he arrived to give a speech to the Riverside LDS singles ward, which he described as a church unto itself. Travis was the Sunday School prez and attended Hughes' speech as part of his duties to ensure guest speakers didn't impart false doctrine. Travis was only ~23, but Bishop Parker apparently trusted his judgement.

Interesting. Do you think that he allowed her to spend the day with him? How did she corner him in the shower?

When Travis's body was discovered his Temple garments were in either the washer or the dryer.

I believe Travis was keeping the tenants set by the church to keep from losing his Temple Recommend. One of his roommates told the police that they were Travis's undergarments because he always wore them. He had already lost his Temple Recommend twice and had even penned in his blog about how he was looking for a wife.

There is no way I believe he had sex with her that day. Especially after she had done something so heinous that he called her a sociopath and said that she had hurt him worse than the death of his father. No way he invited someone into his home that had made him feel that way.

IMO JA had been planning Travis's murder for months. She had also been planning to Kill His Life. He was getting ready to expose her for who she really was and she had to stop him before he Killed Her Life.

I believe, and I know this is not what most believe, that she snuck in overnight, uploaded her sex photos, waited in his closet until he got up that morning and secretly took most of the photos from the closet. The only one with proper lighting and composition was the face that seemed startled. It was the only one where a flash was used. I believe she did that to temporarily blind him. I believe that was when she stabbed him in the heart. If his camera time was set to PM instead of AM in error, or by her on purpose, then the time stamps would have been wrong.

So many days passed before he was found that there was no way to tell exactly when he died. He did not make or return any calls that day. The only thing in his stomach was oatmeal. One text was responded to but she could have easily done that. The computer was used but that could have been her also.

Dr. Horn's testimony was a turning point for me. I will never forget the look on his face. He knew that his testimony and his report didn't correspond where the Dura Mater Membrane was concerned. His report supported the gun shot could have come first. Dr. Horn then went on to say it was a "Typo" A typo is like, tpyo. JMOO but this wasn't a good explanation. Dr. Horn was a very important witness. He had years to correct a typo. It just left a question in my mind.
When trial started I was for the death penalty. After his testimony I was on the fence.

Oh please. It was a typo.

Cross examination is not limited to what is asked on direct. Nurmi can ask about anything he wants.

Looks like Arizona must be 'wide open' like Tennessee:

Cross examination should be limited to the subject matter of direct examination in matters affecting the credibility of the witness
. The court may, in the exercise of discretion, permit inquiry into additional matters as if on direct examination.
The federal rule limits the scope of cross-examination to the subject matter of direct and matters affecting the credibility of the witness. By contrast, in state court, Tennessee follows the “wide open” rule of cross-examination:
A witness may be cross-examined on any matter relevant to any issue in the case, including credibility, except as provided in paragraph (d) of this rule.

https://www.drslawfirm.com/seminars/crossex.pdf

Re TA's finances, in the audio interview Chris Hughes predicted Travis would be a superstar for PPL. CH said TA earned $100,000 the year before he met JA but faced severe financial set-backs his last year of life. CH didn't explain what happened (in the 45 min. that I heard), other than TA not putting the hours in that he had before.

Dr. Horn's testimony was a turning point for me. I will never forget the look on his face. He knew that his testimony and his report didn't correspond where the Dura Mater Membrane was concerned. His report supported the gun shot could have come first. Dr. Horn then went on to say it was a "Typo" A typo is like, tpyo. JMOO but this wasn't a good explanation. Dr. Horn was a very important witness. He had years to correct a typo. It just left a question in my mind.
When trial started I was for the death penalty. After his testimony I was on the fence.

Leaving a word out is a pretty common error. That's what he means by typo. "The dura mater was not intact" was changed by the ommission of the word "not." I see errors like this all the time on websleuths. Your brain sometimes works faster than your hands and you leave things out. His look was one of surprise, as in, why would my report say that? Why would he go about making such an overt claim as the bullet passed through the brain if the dura mater was intact? Something so easily provable? He obviosuly wasn't trying to hide anything because it was all out in the open.

As I pointed out before, the DT has not even mentioned that error. There was a hole in Travis' skull. It was anatomically impossible for his dura mater to he intact. That's why the DT knows it had to be an error and can no longer find anyone to attack the dura mater claim. It could not have been intact.

Am reading Hogan's book for the 1st time looking for additional info and context about May 2008 and possible triggers for both JA and TA.

We'll never know and no doubt will never agree about what made TA so angry. The conclusion I'm reaching is that it had nothing to do with the sex tape. I don't think she told him about it.

The friends initially spoken to by Flores within a few days of finding TA all said the same thing....that TA had caught her on his FB page, and that he was absolutely furious. The mention by her that she would speak to an Atty may have been in response to a threat by him to take legal action against her for ...take your pick. Theft, hacking into his accounts....

Yes, she'd snooped him before, but this time was different in part because he's genuinely had it with her. He couldn't wait for her to get the hell out of Mesa. He was desperate to straighten out his life, but he was also very confused and stressed emotionally. April and May were months of both Lisa and Mimi. He couldn't commit and he couldn't not commit. He enjoyed and was friends with Lisa, Mimi was distant but a good Mormon wife materiel. JA messed with his relationship with Lisa, he wanted JA far enough away she couldn't destroy his chances with Mimi.

Exhausting just piecing together his struggles, much less living them.

This was a theory not long ago

included among Travis’s entries for May 27, 2008, is: “UFC party was great as usual. Met some new people. A couple new girls even. Anything that will get my mind off Lisa for a moment.”

Then on May 29, 2008, which is Travis’s final entry, he writes, “However, the good news is on Saturday I met a cutie pie on Saturday at my UFC party. I saw her Sunday again at church. Two days ago she requested me as a friend on Facebook. We have been sending email flirts ever since. I got the phone number. We’ve been texting and now we are hanging out tonight.”

Note that Saturday was May 24, 2008. His reference to “two days ago” is either May 27 or, possibly, May 26.

May 26, 2008 entries, Jodi discusses their fight and seems to downplay it. She admits going into Travis’s Facebook page, claiming he gave her his password, but she says she hadn’t logged into his account for a week. She writes that Travis asked her not to do it again.

As for the timeline in the case, the “burglary” of the gun and other items at Jodi’s grandparents’ home occurred on May 28, 2008. Travis was murdered on June 4, 2008.

Had Jodi actually posted something on Facebook–a comment or a photo–that was meant to thwart a budding relationship with the woman Travis just met (Brooke)? We may never know exactly what was a posted but it seems that this could be the catalyst for the horrible May 26, 2008 fight–the explanation we’ve all been looking for.

Saturday May 24th was in the sex phonecall. That was when she wanted Travis to come up to Yreka to hear her sing the National Anthem at a car race or something like that. He told her that he was under a lot of stress because she wouldn't tell him what she had planned. In her journal she wrote about going looking for a place in the wood and a nice tree. She was planning the school girl tied to a tree fantasy for Travis,. I wonder if Matt M would be around to take photos foe Jodi. She could add those to her phone calls for leverage. So Travis had a party at his house and she wasn't invited. I'm sure that got back to her from the Freemans.

Re TA's finances, in the audio interview Chris Hughes predicted Travis would be a superstar for PPL. CH said TA earned $100,000 the year before he met JA but faced severe financial set-backs his last year of life. CH didn't explain what happened (in the 45 min. that I heard), other than TA not putting the hours in that he had before.

From Hogan I'm getting that his mortgage financing caused the (temporary) problem. Real estate bubble time. His home value appreciated dramatically on paper, not in reality. He refinanced and like many others drew down his equity, thinking it profit. T took out $75k of equity in cash, and spent it on travel and house decoration, some investing.

House value decreased, mortgage went up, and in early 2008 he was stressed financially. He dealt with it proactively.... gathered funds to throw at principal and refinanced, to lower interest rate and monthly mortgage. And then set about working more and harder.

I think that Palm Desert house was the first nice place JA had lived since leaving home. She'd accepted that Daryl wouldn't marry her and was trolling for a replacement via PPL in Spring-Summer 06, while she still had time to use the house as cover if potential PPL/Match.com prospects or Mormon missionaries came calling. I think as time passed JA increasingly blamed TA for wasting her time while she still had the house to use to her advantage. She was forced to leave it (foreclosed) around the time she moved to Mesa. I don't know if moving in with Daryl again was even an option by then. So, in May 08, JA was stewing in her bitterness in her grandparents' tiny alcove amidst stacked cardboard boxes containing all her worldly goods ...her Infiniti repossessed or about to be ... and about to turn 28 without even a GED.

Am reading Hogan's book for the 1st time looking for additional info and context about May 2008 and possible triggers for both JA and TA.

We'll never know and no doubt will never agree about what made TA so angry. The conclusion I'm reaching is that it had nothing to do with the sex tape. I don't think she told him about it.

The friends initially spoken to by Flores within a few days of finding TA all said the same thing....that TA had caught her on his FB page, and that he was absolutely furious. The mention by her that she would speak to an Atty may have been in response to a threat by him to take legal action against her for ...take your pick. Theft, hacking into his accounts....

Yes, she'd snooped him before, but this time was different in part because he's genuinely had it with her. He couldn't wait for her to get the hell out of Mesa. He was desperate to straighten out his life, but he was also very confused and stressed emotionally. April and May were months of both Lisa and Mimi. He couldn't commit and he couldn't not commit. He enjoyed and was friends with Lisa, Mimi was distant but a good Mormon wife materiel. JA messed with his relationship with Lisa, he wanted JA far enough away she couldn't destroy his chances with Mimi.

Exhausting just piecing together his struggles, much less living them.

He caught her more than once. I think this last time he may have caught her taking money from his bank account. I read somewhere that she had $10,000 in CASH in a small safe at her grandparents house when she was arrested. I was surprised that someone who barely worked, had to borrow money from a friend to go on her murder trip and had borrowed money from Travis on a regular basis, would have a dime to her name. I wish I could find that source!

Another relevant tidbit from book. Remember DT pointing out several text messages TA sent saying he wanted to get whatever girl pregnant? And that these were an indication of sexual activity?

Hogan interviewed Taylor Searle (on JM's witness list). One of his stories, in the context of TA's sense of humor, was that TA proposed a dare. Each would randomly choose the names of 2 women from each other's address books, then send the women a text that said: " I want to make you pregnant. "

Taylor didn't believe TA would really follow through, but he did. Right in front of Taylor. It was a JOKE.

I bet the defense knows it too, just like I'm convinced they knew the email to the young girl was a mass email from the business account. :notgood:

Another relevant tidbit from book. Remember DT pointing out several text messages TA sent saying he wanted to get whatever girl pregnant? And that these were an indication of sexual activity?

Hogan interviewed Taylor Searle (on JM's witness list). One of his stories, in the context of TA's sense of humor, was that TA proposed a dare. Each would randomly choose the names of 2 women from each other's address books, then send the women a text that said: " I want to make you pregnant. "

Taylor didn't believe TA would really follow through, but he did. Right in front of Taylor. It was a JOKE.

Sick, childish joke IMO. I wonder how the women felt.

Good stuff there. ^^^

I think this goes along well with what rose222 posted earlier about how TA having been poor in childhood helped him to grow into a very generous, understanding and tolerant adult...

See, we're going to have to disagree on this. He wasn't understanding. If he was, he'd have never let her get a claw-hold. He was naive and forgiving to a fault

I agree with that assessment and doubt Travis would ever judge another person based on what they have or do not have...

While I don't judge people on material posessions, it's important to be able to accurately assess them. And had Travis done that, he'd still be around today.

Sick, childish joke IMO. I wonder how the women felt.

IMO what's sick is a DT knowingly taking those texts out of context and using them to try to make a murdered man look bad in order to spare their client, his murderer, the indignity of being held accountable for his murder.

How did the women respond? They all knew TA and his sense of humor. If I'd received the text I would have replied....too late, I'm already pregnant and expecting triplets.

Leaving a word out is a pretty common error. That's what he means by typo. "The dura mater was not intact" was changed by the ommission of the word "not." I see errors like this all the time on websleuths. Your brain sometimes works faster than your hands and you leave things out. His look was one of surprise, as in, why would my report say that? Why would he go about making such an overt claim as the bullet passed through the brain if the dura mater was intact? Something so easily provable? He obviosuly wasn't trying to hide anything because it was all out in the open.

As I pointed out before, the DT has not even mentioned that error. There was a hole in Travis' skull. It was anatomically impossible for his dura mater to he intact. That's why the DT knows it had to be an error and can no longer find anyone to attack the dura mater claim. It could not have been intact.

Thanks,
I didn't follow here and was watching the trial on my own. So leaving the one word out makes it believable. Also the explanation for the look on his face was his own surprise to the mistake. Ok, thank you.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3