Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been discussions about whether JA was ever TA's girlfriend. Just listened to the Chris Hughes interview on Tricia's True Crime Radio. Chris seems to confirm that at one point in time, JA was TA's girlfriend.

Chris says - "He [Travis] still really likes her [JA] and in fact was right there at the point where he wanted to commit to her. I can't remember if he already had, maybe, you know, the timeline. I can't remember when they were officially boyfriend/girlfriend. But it was about this time."

Listen at 1:13:42 - 1:13:55
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

BBM -Well if this is during the time period of JA's "stalker" email, then obviously it was before she even moved to Mesa, as were her dates with AA. In fact, how could she claim they were "official" when she didn't even move to Mesa until after her self-proclaimed break up date?

Yes, there are serious online relationships but until you're actually together in person, I don't think anyone can seriously claim "official" status.(heck even McGee and his woman arranged to be close enough to spend time together for 4-5 months before getting married)

For reference recall TA and DR, they at least dated face to face before she left on her mission and although she was obviously disappointed when TA told her he was dating someone else during that 18 month period and they stopped being bf/gf because of it, it was something she was quite able to understand and accept because it had largely been just a long distance relationship(even though they too discussed marriage and I daresay probably much more seriously than TA with JA).

Absence may make the heart grow fonder(which imo is partly why online relationships can get so intense so quickly, especially when added to the anonymity of being able to whisper all your secrets into your keyboard instead of actually face to face) but long distance relationships seldom work out longterm.

Who would have taken that picture? It was only the two of them in the room.

If it was taken by some auto/timer setting, it is reasonable to assume other of the photos could have been taken by the same method. Possibly the ones of JA were selfies; TA could have been sleeping at the time as in the one or two of him pre-shower he looks to be sleeping or just waking up.

Not a timer. Travis took that close up of her privates from behind. He could easily snap penetration pics from that position too.
Ok. Now I need a shower

What and when was that trip? My memory is failing me...

I will look for the pic iirc she is standing with a couple guys might have been to Mexico. One was sky Hughes bro
Sky talks about it in an interview. I would think time would be in late 06 early 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was immature, on the emotional level, imo. But I think it was because of his early home life. That is when young boys learn to transition into young men. And his learning curve would be stilted somewhat by his difficult circumstances. And after hearing what Chris Hughes said about TA in high school, I have even more respect for how amazing his life turned out. He went from a lonely nerd to T-Dogg. Good for him.

And it helps explain why he did not recognize JA's evil streak, at first. He had very little experience with women. He was blinded by the blonde bombshell facade. I hate her more and more, as time goes on. I hope the jury feels the same way.

TA had had to put his all into survival. Then, into being a human being he could admire. That shows great maturity. However, when you're trying to do all that, it's hard to develop intimacy skills. He seems to have been safe with DR—they seem to have been learning their way through young adulthood together—but there aren't too many partners who would be safe in quite that way: DR is a very rare soul. So TA had an exceptionally large load to tackle, and in a culture where you have to hurry up and be "married" mature.

The only time I recall 10K being discussed was someone (can't remember who) said she had 10K-12K in her bank account before buying the house with DB.

Many people many times many places have commented on the $10k circa Darryl. Nobody anywhere that I'm aware of has ever put $10k in her hand in Yreka. I don't believe it.

I believe there was one picture of them in the act and it was not shown.

Until I see a pic with BOTH of them together in any kind of naked pose, I won't believe any of it.

Hi geevee! :)

3 reasons why I believe he let her in at 4am:

1. Travis was a night owl.
2. His roomates and Naps was home, so someone would of heard JA if she was in the office.
3. Juan did not argue the sequence of events for that day.

Hiya Elle! I'm not sure if you meant to quote my post instead of ICit's but I'll comment on point 3/sequence anyhow since I like ya so much. :)

I wonder what changed JM's mind about gunshot first/last, in the 8/7/09 evidentiary hearing JM was arguing it was first (mentioned on page 2, second paragraph of this minute entry:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3846408.pdf

It's hard to believe it was to throw the defense off course and make Nurmi blow a gasket (which he's still doing over this) but what in the evidence would make JM decide a month before trial that it was really last instead of first? In light of this though, we know his view of the sequence is able to change, just wish we knew why in the gunshot area.

IIRC, the lying torture murderess's Posse of Evil isn't pursuing bi-polar as a mitigator.

Instead, they latched onto Dr. DeMarte's dx of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Let's hope it's too little, too late -- not to mention too irrelevant.

BPD also shouldn't be a mitigating factor because it's not a mental illness. IMO it shouldn't be a mitigating factor because a mature adult would get help for it and know how to manage it. BPD doesn't predispose a person to murder. I'll bet BPD-ers have the same incidence of being premeditative murderers as the non-BPD US population.

TA had had to put his all into survival. Then, into being a human being he could admire. That shows great maturity. However, when you're trying to do all that, it's hard to develop intimacy skills. He seems to have been safe with DR—they seem to have been learning their way through young adulthood together—but there aren't too many partners who would be safe in quite that way: DR is a very rare soul. So TA had an exceptionally large load to tackle, and in a culture where you have to hurry up and be "married" mature.

Travis' earliest years were definitely horrific. One of the most touching things in his story, though, is how young he was when he decided enough was enough.

He was only 8 years old when he spent a whole day screaming at the top of his lungs for God to have his grandmother come save him (waking his mother from her meth haze; she beat him for that), only 8 when he escaped to his grandmother's house and told her that he had come to live with her. He never went back.

Travis was well loved and well taken cared after that. He had both the very worst and the best growing up...

Less than subtle jury question #2

Do you feel the guys in your life cheated on you because you were controlling?”

3. “Were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?”

Agree.
IMO the pics are what they are and what Juan and the experts said they are. Jodi and Travis took pics during sex (they talked about some poses during phone sex). It is not logical to contend the time stamps are altered on the sex pics but not on the shower pics. Jodi only admitted to being in Mesa at all on June 4 after learning of the camera evidence. She went there to kill him -not anything else. The photos were just to put him at ease and later to get him into a vulernable position in the shower.

Hi Tex, I'm just curious how you sqaure Travis being so upset about her intrusion of his privacy via breaking into his accounts and him feeling at ease enough to let her take nude photos of him? By the 4th I don't believe he trusted her one bit, certainly not enough to allow naked pics of him to be taken by her, on anyone's camera. That's just my perspective though, do you really think he allowed her to do so after everything we know (and some of what we don't) went on?

When Travis's body was discovered his Temple garments were in either the washer or the dryer.

I believe Travis was keeping the tenants set by the church to keep from losing his Temple Recommend. One of his roommates told the police that they were Travis's undergarments because he always wore them. He had already lost his Temple Recommend twice and had even penned in his blog about how he was looking for a wife.

There is no way I believe he had sex with her that day. Especially after she had done something so heinous that he called her a sociopath and said that she had hurt him worse than the death of his father. No way he invited someone into his home that had made him feel that way.

IMO JA had been planning Travis's murder for months. She had also been planning to Kill His Life. He was getting ready to expose her for who she really was and she had to stop him before he Killed Her Life.

I soooo agree with you. I don't believe they had sex that day: it just doesn't make sense. But it's hard to explain away JA's hair color or the IT experts' analysis that those photos are from that day. She could have taken those photos of herself anytime.

Interesting theory. I read something from a post here earlier today where Travis was pushing JA to reveal why she was so insistent he make the visit to her in Yreka. Perhaps he was getting nervous/suspicious? Also, if I was leery of an ex who had demonstrated some craziness in the past and who quite possibly hated me, I sure wouldn't want to travel alone with them to visit a place with the ominous-sounding name Crater Lake. MOO.

I've been to crater lake, there are very steep sloping sides doen to the water. A little shove would be all it takes, ala the honeymooners last year at Glacier park.

One of our favorite family movies-no Disney for us. Seriously, thanks so much for your posts. They are so much more illuminating and insightful than much of the reporting. I like Beth's site but honestly your posts bring a certain color that is otherwise lacking in all the tweets and reporting. Don't get mud in your tires.

OK WSers: I figured out how to search for posts when you ask me a question. Yay. Bad news, thread closed, can't respond...so...

I will return to the courtroom Monday, Groundhog Day...ironic since it seems Nurmi will be doing cross on Bishop Parker and it will feel like Groundhog Day for us with his inability to effectively impeach.

Getting to know some of the insiders slowly. I'm the new kid in town and I don't exactly blend (My Cousin Vinny reference). Day before yesterday JA turned and stared at me during a recess and I stared right back into those dead eyes until she turned away. If MDLR follows the forum, I wondered if they were trying to figure out who ziggy was. If they were curious, I'm sure it wasn't difficult to figure out.

One of the media reporters approached me - she was looking for JA supporters to interview so, no interview happened. She said JA supporters won't talk to her. She also said she is the only one in the media room who thinks the verdict will be death. Most of the trial watchers think death penalty will be handed down.

Spoke at length with the Tweeter, The 13th Juror, who authored a book on the Devault murder case for which he did jury duty. Interesting similarity in the cases. We compared jury duty stories, as I was jury foreman in a criminal trial last year in the courthouse where I knew most of the judges and my law school friends clerked in the DA's office and the Public Defenders Office. Beats me how I remained on the jury, but it was not fun and another woman and I hung the jury; the 2 of us guilty, the other 10 found reasonable doubt based on the desperate "the photo ID procedure used to gain the witnesses' ID of the defendant was flawed and subliminally made them choose him" argument. It worked because all of our eyewitnesses had been drinking and all gave widely varying descriptions of the perp. But I digress...

He has been studying the JA jurors and told me that the seasoned citizen male is the loner juror aka one who could hang a jury. Apparently he carries a CD Walkman (yes, you read that correctly) and puts his earbuds in during breaks and does not engage in conversations with the others. I have observed he does take notes often.

We agreed the Bishop looks like the perfect witness - above reproach - a friendly looking, soft- spoken older gent, who seems a bit nervous but appears to want to answer truthfully, even though this process pains him.

Jen from Trial Diaries is sweet. Need to find out who Wild is because the commentaries crack me up. Beth K has her computer on her lap with the power cord attached to an extension cord, lol. She is a one row media mogul.

Have a a great weekend and let's hope the Seahawks and their fans take their cold, stupid rain back To Seattle with them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela