Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly did TA do for a living? I know he worked for Pre Paid Legal, but what did that require him to do? Did he go to an office? Did he randomly cold call people? Did he meet with people in their homes to sell this package or was most of his work done by phone? Is this PPL like selling life insurance, only instead they sell legal services in case you ever need them? I have never heard of PPL until this case. Is this available to the Mormon community or to everyone? :thinking:

Does Mormon doctrine consider masturbation contrary to celibacy? Men and women?

I was thinking she brought older photos on her own card, stuck the card in TA's camera, and the new ones were time stamped. Could she have downloaded photos from his computer using an email? Was the one in braids/dark hair also a thumbnail?

If this was possible why would the prosecution have not brought it up?

What exactly did TA do for a living? I know he worked for Pre Paid Legal, but what did that require him to do? Did he go to an office? Did he randomly cold call people? Did he meet with people in their homes to sell this package or was most of his work done by phone? Is this PPL like selling life insurance, only instead they sell legal services in case you ever need them? I have never heard of PPL until this case. Is this available to the Mormon community or to everyone? :thinking:

Someone tried to sell me this once. I am not Mormon. Yes, it's like buying insurance; you get legal advice if you are sued. But note, Gus Searcy didn't have legal advice when he went on the stand during a side drama in the guilt phase, IIRC, the joke being why not since he sold PPL. TA used a home office, and I would guess yes to all the activities you suggest. He might have done seminars, ads, etc. Plus, I believe if he recruited PPL salesperson, he would get a percentage cut of their paycheck.

I'm not Mormon so I don't know what they think of their temples. I know that what happens in the temples can't be shared with outsiders, and that fits my definition of something being "secret" and because of that secrecy, it all has an air of mystery to outsiders, it does to me anyways. And in my opinion, something can be "sacred" and "secret and mysterious" at the same time. I didn't/don't see the problem with me using those words to describe it and I meant no offence.

I'm not a Mormon either and I'm a day behind so I don't know what other comments may have been added in the meantime. Respectfully I think the "secret and mysterious" comment is understandable and I totally get it, but it could come across as sounding a little "cult-y" if that makes any sense. That's not how you meant it of course, but I thought that maybe could be read into it. That's all I was trying to say, and I didn't do a good job of it earlier.

Many people many times many places have commented on the $10k circa Darryl. Nobody anywhere that I'm aware of has ever put $10k in her hand in Yreka. I don't believe it.

If JA had 10-12K to her name it would have been found in her rental car with all her other worldly possessions she was about to go on the lam with.

And she almost certainly would have paid for entire trip in cash so she didn't leave a paper trail in her wake. She could have bought (and later disposed of) as many gas cans as she needed, leaving Darryl out of the picture.

And she probably would have also owned fancier cardboard storage boxes in her bedroom.

The thing that is just so ridiculous to me is she says she wanted gas cans to save a few cents on gas, but the weight of three full gas cans (about 100 lbs) would reduce her MPG below what she would get without gas cans at all. Well, I'm sure she knew that, too, but still didn't want to take a chance of being stranded in the middle of the desert on empty. ;)

What a great moment it would have been if after Willmott sarcastically said/accused/insinuated that surely Deanna’s passport/immigration papers would prove she hadn’t made a mid-mission return from Costa Rica, if Deanna could have whipped out her passport while saying, “Yes, it shows my one return date clearly here on my passport.” Would have loved to hear the comeback Willmott would have tried, unsuccessfully, to make after the proof was offered in court!

I just about sprayed my computer... That would have been unbelievably awesome, especially since Jenny would have shrieked that it was non-responsive and should be struck.

Reading Picture Perfect for the first time.

Remember the DT's insinuation that TA shaved everywhere because he was a pedophile?

Hogan writes of the weekend in fall 2006 when Travis and Lisa were on their way to a group camping weekend. Lisa said he talked and joked a lot about himself on the way. Told her he really hated all body hair, joked about shaving it all, and told her it was about hygiene.

He was fastidious, almost or even OCD about hygiene and cleanliness. Brought extra toothbrushes on that trip for everyone, just in case, and he checked to see if everyone had one. Joking. But he meant it.

(The filth he experienced as a young boy, including having roaches crawl all over him as he slept, explains a lot).

It hasn't been brought out at either trial I don't believe, but that makes the kneeling on the floor and sitting in the shower ideas ridiculous to me. I don't think he would have done either of those - at least not by choice - especially the shower one.

I was thinking she brought older photos on her own card, stuck the card in TA's camera, and the new ones were time stamped. Could she have downloaded photos from his computer using an email? Was the one in braids/dark hair also a thumbnail?

It was Travis's memory stick for his brand new camera. Besides the pics from the day of the murder which had been deleted it had about 90 pics of Travis and friends and Napoleon which had not been deleted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mJ9A39cWyQ

The photos recovered were time stamped. The first set snapped in the early afternoon.

"Not only was he very much alive. He was involved in these photographs with a woman. And yes, they were both sinning, because they were going at it. They were nude and yes they were engaged in sexual relations in these photographs," said Martinez.

PPL, changed names to Legal Shield, sells cheap lawyer services for a recurring fee. It's a MLM (Multi-level marketing) company. Think of it like Avon or Mary Kay or Shaklee or NuSkin or Amway. Same thing. Sell "stuff" yourself and then recruit other folks to help them sell more stuff and you make a % off their sales. Multiple that as you get more and more people to sell "stuff and your people get more and more people to sell "stuff'. Has not one thing to do with Mormons. JMO

It was Travis's memory stick for his brand new camera. Besides the pics from the day of the murder which had been deleted it had about 90 pics of Travis and friends and Napoleon which had not been deleted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mJ9A39cWyQ

The photos recovered were time stamped. The first set snapped in the early afternoon.

"Not only was he very much alive. He was involved in these photographs with a woman. And yes, they were both sinning, because they were going at it. They were nude and yes they were engaged in sexual relations in these photographs," said Martinez.

A M E N. and thanks. I posted the probable cause with the time stamps. Whoosh.

Here's an illustration of the cheap rhetorical tricks that good lawyers would have to detest when they witness their inept sleazy colleagues trying to pull them off. JW and KN would call it "Good Trial Practice".

Lawyer: "When did you stop beating your wife?"
Witnesses: "I never beat my wife."
Lawyer: "Oh! So you can't remember beating your wife? Right?
Witness: "I have never beaten my wife."
Lawyer: "So you're telling this Jury that you can't remember ever beating your wife? Right?
Witness: "How can I not remember what I've never done?"
Lawyer: "Judge! The witness is being non-responsive."
Witness: "*advertiser censored** O**."

And of course, there just had to be 6 of the 8 of her naked. Interesting that there were none of actual sex acts, because IIRC, didn't Flores tell CMJA that "he had proof they had sex that day?" Those aren't proof of sex IMO.

:blush: Well to be honest, it seems near impossible for someone to take a photo of their heinie like that.

Two things I've noticed about her... 1) She gets really thrown off-track when Juan gets an objection sustained on a wrongly-worded question. She often asks to approach, presumably to beg JSS to tell her how to ask the question properly since she can't figure it out herself. 2) If DeMarte gives an unexpected answer to some completely inane question, JW acts as though she has hot on a major gotcha moment. It'll be something like this:
JW: "Did you know she was wearing a blue shirt that day?"
DeM: "No I didn't."
JW (getting all perky and raising her voice an octave and cocking her head): "Oh really? You didn't know that? Are you sure?"

I was honestly flabbergasted when watching JW during the 1st trial. I could not believe how immature and terrible she was. She was so bad, it didnt even seem real. It seemed like a mock training trial in a college law class or something.

She reminded me of a rookie in her very first trial and I would get embarrassed for her at times. I got to where I was trying to yell advice to her through the TV. Mainly "Sit down, you've done enough damage".

The thing I recall the most though was how she slowly morphed her style into trying to act like Juan. LOL

It was so incredibly obvious and embarrassing to her. When Juan would cross a witness, she began using the exact same termed objections he had made to her while she was questioning the same witness. And then she would openly smirk and giggle like she won the lottery or something.

And in this phase, we are getting more of the same. There is no improvement whatsoever. Even though we cannot see her, we can tell just from the tweets that she is still wearing her emotions on her sleeve where all the Jurors can see them. She has no poker face or poker style at all. When she is itching to get her turn to say something, we can picture her squirming in her seat just like a high school kid who knows the answer to a teacher question....."pick me pick me".

This retrial phase is 1 trial that I think I will go back and watch the video whenever it becomes available. It would be worth it just to be able to watch JW make a fool of herself.

I honestly think she is just not cut out to be a trial lawyer. Especially of this magnitude with a murder trial. She can do fine in a support role but she just does not have the style to be effective. Its something you have to be born with and she just doesnt have "it".
Similar to how not everyone can be an actor, or a singer, or a musician. There are certain professions that I feel you have to be born with a certain "it" to become really good at "it". All the training and book smarts in the world will not give "it" to her.

I've been to crater lake, there are very steep sloping sides doen to the water. A little shove would be all it takes, ala the honeymooners last year at Glacier park.

IIRC because it's been a long time since I was there, the pullovers on the rim road are rimmed by low walls. I believe the road is basically along the edge of the crater; below, the walls of the crater are scree, so it would be impossible to climb out even if someone were to sruvive a "fall." There is not a whole lot of traffic, and it's miles to get help (33 Miles around?).

The Park is spectacular; it is remote, but it has a lodge (1920's?); it would have rangers. Incidentally, I'm not sure it would have been open at the time JA was suggesting, since the average annual snowfall is 533 inches (yes, that's right), the rim road isn't plowed, and it's a massive ordeal when they get the plows out in spring. When they finally do, they sometimes have to plow through 15 feet of snow, in May.

A short road into the headquarters area of the park is mostly kept open in winter, but sometimes it can snow 4 feet in one storm.

The plows that are used for deep snow in the Cascades have large rotating blades that carve through several feet at a time.

Crater Lake is well worth a visit. It is the only National Park in Oregon. Don't forget a rain jacket and layers.

7. “How is it that you remember so many of your sexual encounters, including your ex-boyfriends, but you don’t remember stabbing Travis or dragging his body?”

Crater Lake is a beautiful, huge, man-made lake out of a crater in Southern Oregon, and it does have extremely high cliff walls.View attachment 68552

It is beautiful, but not man-made. The water is spectacularly blue to look at from the rim and has some of the clearest water in the world. It is extremely deep. I'm betting the odds of a body showing up on shore would be minuscule.

If this was possible why would the prosecution have not brought it up?

Because JM and Mesa PD are convinced that the pics and the sex happened on June 4. There are sex pics of them together, but they haven't been publicized.

JA, her 'experts', and her counsel have not disputed it.

The prosecutor believes it, the detective believes it, and the Mesa PD computer forensics team who recovered the images no doubt also believe it.

Good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member