Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the letter requesting to meet her for the documentary was from last March?

The request for the documentary was submitted in February. The sheriff's response denying it was this month.

The only good thing if Nurmi gets it back is that I am sure he is wanting this over with just as much as we are. I dont think even he would want to drag things out like he did the last time.

Maybe he has a higher RPM setting. Or fast forward? He. Is. The. Slowest. Talker. I've. Ever. Seen.

Yes they rescheduled it because Jodi wouldn't turn over witness lists in time. It's now slated for 9/29.

Oh Lord, why even bother? I know they have to set a date, but honestly, it just seems entirely arbitrary. Can't they just induce labor or something?

"I hereby relinquish my pro per status and reassert my 6th amendment right to counsel," she wrote. "I am also requesting to make a brief record ex parte."

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·3 mins
Jodi Arias won't represent herself at sentencing retrial http://azc.cc/1rWNvGf via @azcentral

Does anyone remember when Nurmi was asking to be sure that scheduling of the interview of the witnesses would occur when he could be present. By Jodi wanting her lawyers back now, I am thinking the first thing that Nurmi will do is to request the interviewing of the witnesses to happen all over again because he was not there.

That is, if there were any witnesses that showed up this week.

Does anyone remember when Nurmi was asking to be sure that scheduling of the interview of the witnesses would occur when he could be present. By Jodi wanting her lawyers back now, I am thinking the first thing that Nurmi will do is to request the interviewing of the witnesses to happen all over again because he was not there.

I do remember that and his reason for wanting to be present was in the event that this happened. I suppose JW would have attended. As much as CMJA hates Nurmi it wouldn't surprise me if JW presented the defense case.I do not believe there will be any delay but who knows?.

I would think JSS would deny his request. All Nurmi had to do was reschedule his other cases. He had to KNOW Jodi would back out. Bet he is doing some head banging about now. :gaah:

Yes they rescheduled it because Jodi wouldn't turn over witness lists in time. It's now slated for 9/29.

Y'know, last year when the trial ended I predicted the sentencing phase would occur in February, despite them saying about a month. Now I'm thinking she'll die of old age in prison.

WS has an automatic stripper for some websites that they do not allow and it will replace with asterisks :moo: (btw, it also works in pm's :) ) just sayin'

BBM

:blushing:

"I hereby relinquish my pro per status and reassert my 6th amendment right to counsel," she wrote. "I am also requesting to make a brief record ex parte."

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·3 mins
Jodi Arias won't represent herself at sentencing retrial http://azc.cc/1rWNvGf via @azcentral

BBM

I wonder if she knows that doesn't mean she gets to party with her exes? :waitasec:

Y'know, last year when the trial ended I predicted the sentencing phase would occur in February, despite them saying about a month. Now I'm thinking she'll die of old age in prison.

BBM

:blushing:

BBM

I wonder if she knows that doesn't mean she gets to party with her exes? :waitasec:

I think we're a go, myself. If you followed the last hearing on twitter judge is running low on patience and is sticking quite firm to her deadlines this time. Every request Jodi made in her soft spoken voice judge knocked it back, including delays. I think 9/29 is it, and I'm sticking to it!

Well, we know when she went Pro Per last time it was to try to get the fake pedo letters into evidence and upon failing at that, she quickly dropped out as 'attorney in charge'. Fortunately it didn't take another hearing for whatever she thought she'd find in Flores' personnel records and/or her P.I. would find going over the evidence to be told by JSS it wasn't admissible and try to create yet another delay.

I can bet though, that her request for an exparté will include asking for more time for Nurmi to be brought back up to speed or whatever her heel-dragging mind can come up with that she thinks will work with the judge. I don't see that happening and I doubt she does either, otherwise she'd do it in open court as a public slap-down to all those haters who want it to proceed on the set schedule.

See my post today in the Sidebar thread for some interesting connections

Thanks for the suggestion. This is the only thread I've been looking at. Guess I'm missing out!

SteelyDan = also on schedule is Sept 15th - to see whether we have cameras in the court room or not...

I can bet though, that her request for an exparté will include asking for more time for Nurmi to be brought back up to speed

Imagine the task of bringing Nurmi up to speed. Daunting to say the least.

(It feels so wrong to laugh at this stuff, but so much about this whole case is just so absurd it's hard not to find humor in it. Gallows humor I guess. And as they say, tragedy + time = comedy.)

Well, we know when she went Pro Per last time it was to try to get the fake pedo letters into evidence and upon failing at that, she quickly dropped out as 'attorney in charge'. Fortunately it didn't take another hearing for whatever she thought she'd find in Flores' personnel records and/or her P.I. would find going over the evidence to be told by JSS it wasn't admissible and try to create yet another delay.

I can bet though, that her request for an exparté will include asking for more time for Nurmi to be brought back up to speed or whatever her heel-dragging mind can come up with that she thinks will work with the judge. I don't see that happening and I doubt she does either, otherwise she'd do it in open court as a public slap-down to all those haters who want it to proceed on the set schedule.

She always wants an exparté, but the judge does not always grant one.

I was waiting for this announcement! Maybe she thinks she can get another delay by saying her lawyers need to get up to speed? What a farce!

Many of us predicted this, and with the same motive you ascribe.

She is desperate to save her evil, worthless carcass.

She will try anything and everything.

Watch for 'illnesses', 'breakdowns', even the lame suicide 'attempts' next.

She will also claim difficulties with her defense team, inadequate time and resources provided to prepare, blah, blah, blah...

The delay wasn't even JA's fault for once, IIRC. This was the jail not letting an expert into the visiting room when they had apparently had them cleared ahead of time, and then the expert was not available to return because of other engagements until 3 weeks later.

The delay wasn't even JA's fault for once, IIRC. This was the jail not letting an expert into the visiting room when they had apparently had them cleared ahead of time, and then the expert was not available to return because of other engagements until 3 weeks later.

Yes that is what I remember also. It was not clear if JA and MDR did follow correct protocal or not but JM was ok with the delay.

Looks like. But Judge Stephens has already said there will be no delays if this happens and she seems pretty firm on keeping her deadlines this time around.

Actually, it's a fairly shrewd, but predictable and calculated move on her part.

JSKS told her that if she represented herself there would be not delays, and then she promptly granted a delay due, ostensibly, to a jailhouse deputy who didn't bend over backwards for the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

JSKS did not say there would not be delays if she was represented by counsel.

Thus, the murderess simply punted to option 2, expecting to milk more delays.

And I believe she'll get them from JSKS.

Just seen this utter nonsense,just let nurmi and wilmott take the lead and get it over with.

Wonder why the change of heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member