Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM did a segment on this Arias development. A crawl at the bottom of the screen read that there would be another attorney than Nurmi taking up her representation. I've seen nothing about that elsewhere.

Tuba, YorN covered that today with another news article. It basically said it isn't known who will represent her. I will look for the post. I doubt anything will come from it.

And she's not learning from her mistakes. Jodi did manage to come up with a detailed and elaborate plan to kill Travis -- but completely ignored a bunch of (dare I say) gaping holes, and she clearly thought she had covered all the bases, no one would ever even suspect her, let alone arrest her for first degree murder. And of course, after she was in fact arrested, she had the nerve to proclaim "no jury will ever convict me." Not a good idea to give the prosecution these damning sound-bites... but she can't seem to stop herself.

DeMarte called her immature. Jodi gives the impression of having the foresight of a snotty seventh-grader with a relatively large vocabulary and a massive ego.
Hey, let's not insult 7th graders! Even the dumbest are smarter than Jodi.

Tuba, YorN covered that today with another news article. It basically said it isn't known who will represent her. I will look for the post. I doubt anything will come from it.

Tuba, it's post 510 on the sidebar thread, posted by YorN. From KTAR news.

Is Wilmott DP Qualified? Why not her??

Is Wilmott DP Qualified? Why not her??

I don't think there's any reason to believe she won't keep Wilmott and Nurmi on. And I don't see now she could possibly have raised enough money to pay for her own selling fraudulent art and print screened t's.

Guess we'll see.

I have seen no MSM reports of a new attorney. It was left if she chose to not defend herself Nurmi and Wilmott would step in again. It was mentioned in that crazy phone call that she needed money donated to the account her family set up so she could hire an appeal attorney. However I would not put it past her to try to get this, hence the ex parte request. CMJA has made this a circus and circus season is long over!

Maybe he has a higher RPM setting. Or fast forward? He. Is. The. Slowest. Talker. I've. Ever. Seen.

More like this: He. Is. (picks the pen up) The. Slowest. (does the 'chicken wing' thing with his arm) Talker. (clicks the pen) I've. Ever. (puts the pen down) Seen.

Nurmi isn't death penalty qualified, he can't be her only counsel.

[video=youtube;6l5sFC8jJC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l5sFC8jJC8[/video]

She will kill again.

It's only a matter of time.

" Attorney Kirk Nurmi, who sought court permission to leave the case, will again represent Arias "

"Sought"?

... who begged, implored, and pleaded repeatedly and piteously for court permission to leave the case, using every justification and excuse imaginable, invoking every deity in the firmament and every demon in the Underworld, prostrating himself before Lady Justice herself (forgetting in his desperate state that she is blind), even personally appealing to the judge's own sense of compassion, human decency, and fair play, finally threatening to hold his breath until he turned blue. Alas, the heart-wrenching protestations of this learned and esteemed Officer of the Court were all for naught. The stinking corpse of the Arias Albatross remains tied fast around his formidable neck. Yea, great indeed must his sins have been in previous lives, that he should now merit the karma bestowed upon him by our merciless and unforgiving Universe. Nurmi the Unlucky, as he shall henceforth be known throughout the kingdom, must, till the end of Time, or at least till the end of this seemingly interminable farce of a trial, suffer the dreaded Curse of She Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken. It is our pity this shell of a once robust man deserves, not our scorn. Well, OK, maybe a little of our scorn. He has not, after all, won any friends or fans with his creepy fixation on lurid details, as well as his apparent determination to raise every objection known to Man, and even some which are not. As the case draws to its oft delayed yet inevitable conclusion, let us all remember the tenets of the Law of Attraction, which instructs us to focus our thoughts on a positive rather than negative outcome. In this vital endeavor, Brothers and Sisters, must we neither fail nor flag.

And she's not learning from her mistakes. Jodi did manage to come up with a detailed and elaborate plan to kill Travis -- but completely ignored a bunch of (dare I say) gaping holes, and she clearly thought she had covered all the bases, no one would ever even suspect her, let alone arrest her for first degree murder. And of course, after she was in fact arrested, she had the nerve to proclaim "no jury will ever convict me." Not a good idea to give the prosecution these damning sound-bites... but she can't seem to stop herself.

DeMarte called her immature. Jodi gives the impression of having the foresight of a snotty seventh-grader with a relatively large vocabulary and a massive ego.

Yes, but she also calculated correctly on the most important aspect of her defense, at least with respect to saving her own neck.

Throughout her life, she's always been able to manipulate most men, at least to some extent, especially those who are willing to be manipulated, or "adjusted" as she and Ryan Burns put it. From Darryl Brewer, to Travis Alexander, to Gus Searcy, to Abe Abdelhadi, to Richard Samuels, etc. they were her way of skating through life with no responsibilities.

Her most important conquest was one William Zervakos, who came to her rescue in the right place and at the most crucial time.

To this day she still cannot believe that Detective Esteban Flores and Prosecutor Juan Martinez could resist her surgically enhanced 'goods' she paraded out for all the world to see.

She knows that she has only to get to one more male juror who's willing to be manipulated for her sake.

She's hinky-finger close to saving her own life.

To this day she still cannot believe that Detective Esteban Flores and Prosecutor Juan Martinez could resist her surgically enhanced 'goods' she paraded out for all the world to see.

Agreed. Watching her trying to "play" Det. Flores is actually rather fascinating. She's treating the interrogation as just a normal social event, and she's treating Flores as just another guy she's chatting up. She has no clue about what's actually going on. You'd think the fact that she was brought in as a murder suspect, in hand cuffs, might make her take the situation seriously. Instead, it doesn't seem to even register with her. She thinks she's wrapping him around her little bent finger. Now, of course, he's the enemy. Isn't that one of the distinctive characteristics of BPD? Flipping on the dime between liking someone and really, really disliking them?

Give it up, Jodi. The world is just not that into you.

Of course, she'll never give it up. Once she's in prison, she'll just make a few adjustments in her technique and her goals -- but she'll still be trying to maneuver herself into some sort of power. She'd do the same thing if she were shipwrecked on a desert island with only one other person, and she'll do it when she's locked up in prison with a few hundred female felons. Once she's let out of solitary, that is.

More like this: He. Is. (picks the pen up) The. Slowest. (does the 'chicken wing' thing with his arm) Talker. (clicks the pen) I've. Ever. (puts the pen down) Seen.

Oh my God. You just made me snortle. (snort + chortle)

O/t

Just dropping in to say I am thinking of the wonderful friends I have made on here across the water in good ole USA on this sombre day.

Hard to believe it's been 13 years.

:rose:

Thanks Josie. God Bless those poor souls who did nothing but live their lives on September 11,2001.

I have seen no MSM reports of a new attorney. It was left if she chose to not defend herself Nurmi and Wilmott would step in again. It was mentioned in that crazy phone call that she needed money donated to the account her family set up so she could hire an appeal attorney. However I would not put it past her to try to get this, hence the ex parte request. CMJA has made this a circus and circus season is long over!

A new attorney would have to register with the court and we would see it in the listing of the court documents, I believe. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann