Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no delays due to Nurmi having other cases, Wilmott as well. They were already in place for the re-trial as her "back-up" attorneys.

I have a question for Azlawyer. Since JM asked for sanctions against JA (and I assume it was because of her three way calls although I don't know), can she still be sanctioned somehow on the record, even though she withdrew her self representation? Or does this matter get dropped? If so, I wonder if this had anything to do with her withdrawing...game playing with JM?

I have a question for Azlawyer. Since JM asked for sanctions against JA (and I assume it was because of her three way calls although I don't know), can she still be sanctioned somehow on the record, even though she withdrew her self representation? Or does this matter get dropped? If so, I wonder if this had anything to do with her withdrawing...game playing with JM?

I'm not AZ, obviously, but I think these sanctions were leveled against JA because she didn't turn over witness information as required.

Then Juan can play the interviews she gave immediately following her first degree murder conviction, where she said the jury 'betrayed' her. :happydance:

Like she was on a friggin media tour promoting her new movie.

The sanctions were for not making witnesses available to him like she was told to.

ETA: NM, janx covered it.

The sanctions were for not making witnesses available to him like she was told to.

ETA: NM, janx covered it.

Question to AZlawyer still stands. Regardless of what the sanctions were for. Can the sanctions still be raised in court or does she just get away with it? Also, second part of the question, is it possible she withdrew because of possible sanctions and is playing games with JM?

I guess I wasn't very clear. I never knew what the sanctions were for. And maybe JM threatened even more sanctions after his interviews with said witnesses or after her three way calls, I don't know. I just want to know if any of this crap JA pulled while representing herself can be brought up in court? I am hoping so. I wanted to hear from AZlawyer if she believes it will be or can be. So sick of the killer's antics.

Question to AZlawyer still stands. Regardless of what the sanctions were for. Can the sanctions still be raised in court or does she just get away with it? Also, second part of the question, is it possible she withdrew because of possible sanctions and is playing games with JM?

I guess I wasn't very clear. I never knew what the sanctions were for. And maybe JM threatened even more sanctions after his interviews with said witnesses or after her three way calls, I don't know. I just want to know if any of this crap JA pulled while representing herself can be brought up in court? I am hoping so. I wanted to hear from AZlawyer if she believes it will be or can be. So sick of the killer's antics.

Well, I'm not a lawyer and I'm sure AZ will be able to answer his way better than me. But seeing as the sanctions were for failure to provide witnesses and this was already addressed with the judge who put her foot down and ordered the interviews to happen by a certain date, I'd assume the matter has been resolved. It's still a good questions though. What exactly do sanctions entail?

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

9/10/2014 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 9/10/2014
NOTE: NOTICE OF FILING
9/10/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 9/11/2014
NOTE: Motion to Compel Access to Evidence

Does anyone know what these are? Have they been discussed?

I thought the 9/10 motion was for her to quit as her own attney (was it only day before yesterday?), seems like the compel motion must be coming from the defense though, Nurmi trying to show her 'how it's done'? lol

JM would have to file another motion for further sanctions as the one he did file was solely about the witnesses contact info:

http://69.195.124.183/~thetria5/wp-...8/motion-for-sanctions-against-jodi-arias.pdf

As far as I remember, JSS made it pretty clear that JA's in the custody of the sheriff and he has to uphold his own rules and regs about inmate behavior, if JA's breaking those rules it's up to him to rein her in, not the judge/prosecutor.

So if JA were to tell prison officials that she was making a legal call when she was actually making a private call it's possible she may have her phone privileges revoked if they found out?

In this life, the especially cruel lying torture murderess has nothing to lose.

The additional power she had while vested with her pro per status was scary. Why not engage in 3-way calls or lie to jailers, law enforcement, prosecutor, even the Court itself? After all, what does she have to lose? What more can they do to her? Any loss of jail privileges can be worked around or re-manipulated through others indirectly.

She engaged in behavior that no self-respecting defense counsel would even dream of for fear of jeopardizing career and professional life.

But as we've seen, CMJA is utterly shameless and as an eventual trial date approaches, thoroughly scary desperate.

If she could manage to kill or wound someone, surely that would cause a delay, would it not?

She could also feign her own illness or inflict and exaggerate some minor wound to herself.

We haven't yet seen the tip of her shenanigans iceberg.

I believe she can easily dupe the other Richard Samuels' of the world into declaring her insane and/or otherwise incompetent to stand trial or serve her sentence, etc.

Click on Case History and type in CMJA'a name.

I did that and it lists the names of motions but it won't show the details behind them. Did you see the motion and can you tell me what it said?

I did that and it lists the names of motions but it won't show the details behind them. Did you see the motion and can you tell me what it said?

That information is not available, at least not yet. It may later show up in court minutes--unless the court decides to seal it.

SteelyDan = also on schedule is Sept 15th - to see whether we have cameras in the court room or not...

Oh, that will SUCK if they can't televise this dog and pony show she wants to put on.

Imagine the task of bringing Nurmi up to speed. Daunting to say the least.

(It feels so wrong to laugh at this stuff, but so much about this whole case is just so absurd it's hard not to find humor in it. Gallows humor I guess. And as they say, tragedy + time = comedy.)

What happened to Travis is not the least bit funny. What's funny is her outrageous claims, the fact that she is amazed people don't believe her, her witless witness stand performance, while nasty to Travis and his family, was comical in that she thought that :censored: would fly with anyone. Her attorney's choices of "experts" was comical as well. The smugness and apparent ulterior motives from her "expert" witness' was amusing as well, and of course JM's total annihilation of any pieces of dignity they may have left. JMO

[video=youtube;6l5sFC8jJC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l5sFC8jJC8[/video]

She will kill again.

It's only a matter of time.

That woman has been "charming" her way through the world for a long time. It's hit and miss with her though. The people who do believe her and follow her are tightly wrapped around her finger. Most of them are under her sexual spell. I also think she keeps tabs on people and uses things, made up or true, as blackmail or against them to get back at them. You're in Jodi's camp or your the enemy and that's that. JMO

In this life, the especially cruel lying torture murderess has nothing to lose.
Yup. Nothing to lose, and hellbent on making this as awful on the rest of the world (esp the Alexander family) as possible. "You can reject my ridiculous plea deal and make me stand trial, but you will regret it."

The additional power she had while vested with her pro per status was scary. Why not engage in 3-way calls or lie to jailers, law enforcement, prosecutor, even the Court itself?
A jailhouse 3-way with the Three Hole Wonder herself. Ew.

She engaged in behavior that no self-respecting defense counsel would even dream of for fear of jeopardizing career and professional life.
Heck, she's engaged in behavior that no self-respecting human being would even dream of!

But as we've seen, CMJA is utterly shameless and as an eventual trial date approaches, thoroughly scary desperate.
THAT'S what she should put on a t-shirt, not "Travis Alexander's" or "Survivor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha