Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sought"?

... who begged, implored, and pleaded repeatedly and piteously for court permission to leave the case, using every justification and excuse imaginable, invoking every deity in the firmament and every demon in the Underworld, prostrating himself before Lady Justice herself (forgetting in his desperate state that she is blind), even personally appealing to the judge's own sense of compassion, human decency, and fair play, finally threatening to hold his breath until he turned blue. Alas, the heart-wrenching protestations of this learned and esteemed Officer of the Court were all for naught. The stinking corpse of the Arias Albatross remains tied fast around his formidable neck. Yea, great indeed must his sins have been in previous lives, that he should now merit the karma bestowed upon him by our merciless and unforgiving Universe. Nurmi the Unlucky, as he shall henceforth be known throughout the kingdom, must, till the end of Time, or at least till the end of this seemingly interminable farce of a trial, suffer the dreaded Curse of She Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken. It is our pity this shell of a once robust man deserves, not our scorn. Well, OK, maybe a little of our scorn. He has not, after all, won any friends or fans with his creepy fixation on lurid details, as well as his apparent determination to raise every objection known to Man, and even some which are not. As the case draws to its oft delayed yet inevitable conclusion, let us all remember the tenets of the Law of Attraction, which instructs us to focus our thoughts on a positive rather than negative outcome. In this vital endeavor, Brothers and Sisters, must we neither fail nor flag.

But to be fair to Nurmi, he did a very good job considering what he had to work with.

Well, we know when she went Pro Per last time it was to try to get the fake pedo letters into evidence and upon failing at that, she quickly dropped out as 'attorney in charge'. Fortunately it didn't take another hearing for whatever she thought she'd find in Flores' personnel records and/or her P.I. would find going over the evidence to be told by JSS it wasn't admissible and try to create yet another delay.

I can bet though, that her request for an exparté will include asking for more time for Nurmi to be brought back up to speed or whatever her heel-dragging mind can come up with that she thinks will work with the judge. I don't see that happening and I doubt she does either, otherwise she'd do it in open court as a public slap-down to all those haters who want it to proceed on the set schedule.

Exactly my thoughts, geevee, when I heard about this last night. She tried to move JSS and it failed, she quit. I'm thinking the ex-parte she wants is to ask JSS to replace Nurmi. I don't think it will work.

JSS refused to dance to her tune as far as the witnesses go. She refused to take Nurmi off the case. She required JA to follow the rules and, for a second time, it didn't work. JA doesn't learn, or if she does, she thinks it will work the second time around.

I know a lot of people think JSS has let her have her way, but I'm appreciative that this judge puts up with the shenanigans that are legal and puts a stop to the junk.

As for her "witnesses," I have a feeling they won't be there again, because they don't exist. If JA tried to work a few angles with people such as the Hughs, she had to know they wouldn't pass JM's cross.

I'm 99% sure the 29th is a go.

I have seen no MSM reports of a new attorney. It was left if she chose to not defend herself Nurmi and Wilmott would step in again. It was mentioned in that crazy phone call that she needed money donated to the account her family set up so she could hire an appeal attorney. However I would not put it past her to try to get this, hence the ex parte request. CMJA has made this a circus and circus season is long over!

I've seen two articles on my Google alerts where the headlines mention a new attorney, but no mention in the actual article.

No way will JSS allow a new attorney at this point.

Nurmi isn't death penalty qualified, he can't be her only counsel.

Yes he is. There was discussion about this before. When he was appointed he was DP qualified. You can google him. When he asked to be removed he told the judge he didn't want to handle DP cases anymore.

"Sought"?

... who begged, implored, and pleaded repeatedly and piteously for court permission to leave the case, using every justification and excuse imaginable, invoking every deity in the firmament and every demon in the Underworld, prostrating himself before Lady Justice herself (forgetting in his desperate state that she is blind), even personally appealing to the judge's own sense of compassion, human decency, and fair play, finally threatening to hold his breath until he turned blue. Alas, the heart-wrenching protestations of this learned and esteemed Officer of the Court were all for naught. The stinking corpse of the Arias Albatross remains tied fast around his formidable neck. Yea, great indeed must his sins have been in previous lives, that he should now merit the karma bestowed upon him by our merciless and unforgiving Universe. Nurmi the Unlucky, as he shall henceforth be known throughout the kingdom, must, till the end of Time, or at least till the end of this seemingly interminable farce of a trial, suffer the dreaded Curse of She Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken. It is our pity this shell of a once robust man deserves, not our scorn. Well, OK, maybe a little of our scorn. He has not, after all, won any friends or fans with his creepy fixation on lurid details, as well as his apparent determination to raise every objection known to Man, and even some which are not. As the case draws to its oft delayed yet inevitable conclusion, let us all remember the tenets of the Law of Attraction, which instructs us to focus our thoughts on a positive rather than negative outcome. In this vital endeavor, Brothers and Sisters, must we neither fail nor flag.

Excellent post!!!

Anyone else sense that it looks dubious that we will have live cameras in courtroom now that Nurmi and Wilmott are Jodi's attorneys? Quite sure JSS will see this as a circus.
I want lives cameras.

Don't think we will see live cameras now,hope we do, but seems unlikely now.

O/T. Judge in Pistorious case ruled he did not commit murder. He still may be found guilty of a lesser crime. She said he had no way of knowing when he shot into the bathroom four times that he would kill anyone, let alone his girlfriend as he thought she was in the bedroom at the time. Then she adjourned for the day.

O/T. Judge in Pistorious case ruled he did not commit murder. He still may be found guilty of a lesser crime. She said he had no way of knowing when he shot into the bathroom four times that he would kill anyone, let alone his girlfriend as he thought she was in the bedroom at the time. Then she adjourned for the day.

He is not guilty of premeditated murder; judge did not think prosecutor proved the case.

He could still get a guilty of culpable murder verdict. I hope that comes to pass but admit that my hope is not as strong as it should be. I also admit I am not fazed much anymore whenever one who is guilty walks free.

Yes he is. There was discussion about this before. When he was appointed he was DP qualified. You can google him. When he asked to be removed he told the judge he didn't want to handle DP cases anymore.

BBM
Perhaps because as a defense attorney he wasn't all that comfy asking for this defendant's life to be spared.

BBM
Perhaps because as a defense attorney he wasn't all that comfy asking for this defendant's life to be spared.

I think he's just in over his head. Death penalty work does seem a little too heavy for him. It's like when I loved watching basketball in high school and joined my team and realized I could barely dribble the ball and bailed.

Jodi is refusing camera's and a livebroadcast so that she can say to the jury.. "If I love media attention so much then why did I specifically ban camera's at my trial!". She's so manipulative.

Does anyone remember when Nurmi was asking to be sure that scheduling of the interview of the witnesses would occur when he could be present. By Jodi wanting her lawyers back now, I am thinking the first thing that Nurmi will do is to request the interviewing of the witnesses to happen all over again because he was not there.

That is, if there were any witnesses that showed up this week.

Nurmi may try to use that as an excuse for a delay but the judge can (and should) deny it. I do not think his not being present for an interview would be an appealable issue.

Jodi is refusing camera's and a livebroadcast so that she can say to the jury.. "If I love media attention so much then why did I specifically ban camera's at my trial!". She's so manipulative.
Then Juan can play the interviews she gave immediately following her first degree murder conviction, where she said the jury 'betrayed' her. :happydance:

Then Juan can play the interviews she gave immediately following her first degree murder conviction, where she said the jury 'betrayed' her. :happydance:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Good answer!

I am curious as to what AZlawyer will think about JA representing herself again and whether JSS will allow cameras.

When will this circus end? I hope for Travis's and his family's sake that the penalty phase goes smoothly this time and that they finally get justice.

Nurmi may try to use that as an excuse for a delay but the judge can (and should) deny it. I do not think his not being present for an interview would be an appealable issue.

I don't think Nurmi wants any further delays, he knows he's in it until the end, and the end probably can't come soon enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha