Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts: Why wasn't the fact that knives were found in her "getway" car admitted?

Probably considered too prejudicial. As bizarre as it seems, the courts consider it 'fair' to focus only on the crime itself and the immediate evidence related to it.

The only problem I have with this theory of maligning his name with computer *advertiser censored* is ... how would it do that?

Well it certainly wouldn't help his reputation. Plus, the virus could probably put up some pretty nasty *advertiser censored*, I mean there's *advertiser censored* and then there's sick *advertiser censored*, plus if he never did actually look at *advertiser censored*, she could have thought "well let's just turn that completely around right now". He lived in a Mormon community and in spite of the differences between the ideal and the actual, he had a solid rep among friends, both male and female, of being a good, decent, solid guy. She probably didn't like that one bit, especially because his death, and the manner of it, would raise a bevy of questions and speculations, or so she probably hoped. I bet she was a little 'dismayed' when everyone immediately started saying "It had to be Jodi!"

I figured it was not normally done. It's just weird how some people do not see how much in advance this crime was premeditated even with gas cans being in the car--full of gas! In the heat of the AZ desert, in the trunk with little to no air circulation.

Too bad she didn't blow herself up on the way there.

I've also driven through Arizona many times in my life. Never once ran out of gas due to a lack of gas stations.

Remember her reason? She never drove through the desert without extra gas/water.

It's totally not necessary. No one else drives through Arizona with extra gas/water in case they get lost in the desert for hours. It is a civilized state. There are plenty of gas stations and places to get food & drink. Many major cities including Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff, to name a few...

Personally, I don't believe for one moment that they had sex that day. I don't believe that he knew she was visiting, and I believe (as per the text messages a week or so earlier) that he was firmly and totally repulsed by her. And Arias knew this - that's why she killed him.
I think she turned up unannounced, he told her she could rest then get on her way, went about his business, ignoring her, and that the nude pics of Travis were taken without his consent, while he was napping, while the ones of herself were selfies. Then, when he was having a shower, she killed him.

Agree with Cindymac. I never thought he knew she was coming. But how then to explain the pics of Travis on the bed with the KY? She must have coerced him in to one more romp, "for old times sake". There is something weird about that picture of her in braids, like she had the camera on a timer.

I think the biggest mistake Arias made was using the gas cans. She thought she had to do that because she never wanted a record of having purchased gas in AZ, since she hoped to be able to claim she was never there.

Why not just pay cash in that state for gas if she didn't want to leave a record? Was she afraid of video cams? Is that why she couldn't risk stopping for gas even if she paid cash and didn't leave a paper trail? In the Ford Focus (or was it a Fusion?) she rented wouldn't she have been able to get gas in Nevada that would take her all the way to Mesa and then out of AZ the next day? I am thinking the gas mileage on that vehicle is such that she could have made that trip on one full tank, but I don't really know since I am not from that area.

Most if not all the other premed evidence might possibly be explained away, at least to the satisfaction of one or two jurors: Some people do have a case of water in their car for a road trip. Sometimes women decide to go back to their natural hair color for reasons that are not necessarily nefarious. People might not rule out that a red car could be more of a target for traffic violation. It is not hard to believe someone might misplace a phone charger.

But gas cans in the trunk full of gas? I doubt anyone does that, especially in summer in desert heat. I think even in my climate no one would drive around with a full gas can in a vehicle--perhaps a few blocks from a gas station to home to fill up a lawn mower, but not further than that. It's just not safe. I do not think there will be one juror who would accept any explanation for those gas cans. And that means they will not only accept the first jury's verdict of premeditation because they have been instructed to--they will accept it because they know it to be true.

IDK, I cannot see much that I would be able to consider as mitigating in this case. Killer has no young children to come in and cry for her life--which is what the DeVault jury said swayed them against DP. She has no record of being a particularly productive citizen which might point to potential rehabilitation. There is no evidence of abuse by Travis--her attorneys can bring in experts to speak of it but there is no documentation that anything ever happened. But, even if one or two decided abuse is a possibility, she did not live with TA. She did not even live in the same town, county, or state. She packed a vehicle with cans filled with gas and drove a thousand miles to his home. Abused women do not do that. They just don't!! Once they manage to get away they stay away. And finally, Killer has showed no remorse whatsoever. So if the jurors apply the law as they are supposed to, they would have to see that the aggravators outweigh the mitigators (at least so far).

With all that considered I believe if she does not get the death penalty there has to be at least one juror on the panel who is anti-DP and would not impose it on anyone no matter how heinous the crime. That is what happened with the first jury, IMO.

Agree with Cindymac. I never thought he knew she was coming. But how then to explain the pics of Travis on the bed with the KY? She must have coerced him in to one more romp, "for old times sake". There is something weird about that picture of her in braids, like she had the camera on a timer.

As was pointed out some time ago, either on a text message, or the sex tape, she commented on photos of herself in braids and wishing she had make up on. I think she transfered those photos from an earlier time onto his camera. Thus, no sex on murder day. When Flores commented on the photos, she even told him they were from an earlier time.

As was pointed out some time ago, either on a text message, or the sex tape, she commented on photos of herself in braids and wishing she had make up on. I think she transfered those photos from an earlier time onto his camera. Thus, no sex on murder day. When Flores commented on the photos, she even told him they were from an earlier time.

There's also nothing that proves that the photos of TA on the bed with the KY were from that day. They could have been photos from any other photo shoot, and she put them on his camera. Why?....I am not sure why, given she then deleted them.

The only photos that we can be certain are from that day are the shower scenes and the accidentally snapped photos of the murder scene.

Just watch her micro expressions :boohoo:::laugh:

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 56 - Part 4 (Rebuttal and Juror Selection)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFPJl-xXZ2Q

Remember before this trial Jodi had been coddled for YEARS by her paid shrinks, mitigator, creepy fans and her lawyers. Juan Martinez must have given her a rude awaking.

Thanks for the link!
Fun to reminisce on a Sunday afternoon.

and..Oh em gee..
I'm 20 or so minutes into it.
Juan is being Mr. Amazing.
He starts mentioning magazines, and codes, and as he does, I see a little cloud develop over MDLR.
Did Juan put a silent S in front of the word Muggle.
He worked some sort of magic.
She feels the cloud of silent accusation, questions of ethics and dubious integrity.
She starts to twitch, grabs her Styrofoam Big Gulp, and starts gulping.
4 nice big swallows.
The cup was quite large, and did it's best to shield her face.
Setting the cup down, crosses her arms protectively.

Good times.

But all time stamps on those photos were of that day. The time stamps are created dynamically by the camera software as the picture is taken. Photos transferred to the camera from a different time would maintain their own time stamps.

But all time stamps on those photos were of that day. The time stamps are created dynamically by the camera software as the picture is taken. Photos transferred to the camera from a different time would maintain their own time stamps.

But some photos had time date stamps and some didn't. I've never figured this out.

I agree that the photos were staged, but she was a brunette in the braids shots. I think she took them of herself the day of the murder on a timer, selfies. Maybe while he was in the shower.

But some photos had time date stamps and some didn't. I've never figured this out.

You can set the camera to display the time stamp on the photo or not, but I believe it always records it anyway even if it's not displayed.

She couldn't risk telling him she was on the way because he could possibly mention it to a roommate or friend. She may have fished around in conversations as to his schedule. After hearing the phone sex tape I have no doubt at all that they had sex. Travis was a red blooded male. A pretty girl shows up with a bottle of KY and crawls into bed with him...those pics weren't faked or selfies IMO and according to testimony. Both sides concede there was sex that day. I think she showed up, full of I'm sorry, KY and oh I brought by a car payment too and he fell for it.

You can set the camera to display the time stamp on the photo or not, but I believe it always records it anyway even if it's not displayed.

But....if you took a photo of a photo, would that not be hard to disprove that it was taken that day? Of course if you delete it, what's the point. I just don't believe they had sex that day after the email he sent her, I don't think any man could be that horny, but I'm female, so I could be wrong....

Well it certainly wouldn't help his reputation. Plus, the virus could probably put up some pretty nasty *advertiser censored*, I mean there's *advertiser censored* and then there's sick *advertiser censored*, plus if he never did actually look at *advertiser censored*, she could have thought "well let's just turn that completely around right now". He lived in a Mormon community and in spite of the differences between the ideal and the actual, he had a solid rep among friends, both male and female, of being a good, decent, solid guy. She probably didn't like that one bit, especially because his death, and the manner of it, would raise a bevy of questions and speculations, or so she probably hoped. I bet she was a little 'dismayed' when everyone immediately started saying "It had to be Jodi!"

IMO, the issue with “was there *advertiser censored* on TA’s computer” is purely a DT attempt to show prosecutorial misconduct. Whether or not TA viewed *advertiser censored* is a side issue. It doesn’t matter; it never did (unless the DT had irrefutable proof of pedophilia, and we all know THAT didn’t happen).

As a bull-dog prosecutor, facing the oft times superior rights of the defendant (innocent until proven guilty), JM HAS been called out by AZ judges … not just reporters. He’s had his posterior slapped numerous times (insert “so debasing, I love it” comment here).

Point is: Let’s hope JM did not, finally, cross the line. Can’t imagine why he or the detectives WOULD; JA clearly killed Travis 3X over.

I’m thinking the TA laptop review by the original DT went something like this:

“Judge, we demand to look at all the evidence, without any ‘hands on’ by Mesa PD.”

Judge: “OK. Mesa PD? Turn over the original evidence. Not the mirror images. The originals.”

(Hard Drive is presented to DT)

DT: “We demand the laptop be powered up”

Pros: “Okie dokie, then.”

IMO. IMO.

I agree that the photos were staged, but she was a brunette in the braids shots. I think she took them of herself the day of the murder on a timer, selfies. Maybe while he was in the shower.

Dang, I keep forgetting about that hair color thing. She had changed to brunette within hours of arriving in Mesa. But I agree the nude photo of herself in braids was a selfie. She just did not look like she was posing for a man--certainly not a sexy or provocative pose. She is basically just...there in the frame. Nothing sensuous, not even as much as a smile. I just can't figure why she needed a photo of herself on a camera with other photos of herself, and of TA, which were all then deleted by her, and the camera thrown in the wash as further insurance the photos were gone. Why even take such photos in the first place?

But....if you took a photo of a photo, would that not be hard to disprove that it was taken that day? Of course if you delete it, what's the point. I just don't believe they had sex that day after the email he sent her, I don't think any man could be that horny, but I'm female, so I could be wrong....

As a man, I believe you are...but, the way I see it, she had to come up with a pretty good excuse for showing up unannounced, and I believe she did. Remember, she's good at manipulation and playing on weaknesses. How about "Oh Travis, I've come to my senses, I've seen the light, and I'm going to leave you alone, let you be, but I've come all this way for a final goodbye, can't we make one more memory and part as friends?...

Why not just pay cash in that state for gas if she didn't want to leave a record? Was she afraid of video cams? Is that why she couldn't risk stopping for gas even if she paid cash and didn't leave a paper trail? In the Ford Focus (or was it a Fusion?) she rented wouldn't she have been able to get gas in Nevada that would take her all the way to Mesa and then out of AZ the next day? I am thinking the gas mileage on that vehicle is such that she could have made that trip on one full tank, but I don't really know since I am not from that area....

Exactly. The cans are really a big deal to me. If I were on the new jury, my thought about those gas cans wouldn't just be that they were to avoid gas stations and their cameras. I'd think that maybe she intended to burn something on her way back out of AZ and would probably be in a hurry (and definitely wouldn't want to be seen). Which would further reinforce the 1st degree premeditated murder conviction for me.

As you said, those cans are so, so damning.

Why? That photo, whether it was of another photo or of anything would have its own time stamp for when it was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89