Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My late husband and myself were the type of people who made funny statements to each other. If those words were on paper, everyone would get the wrong impression. He would be labeled as an abuser.

One example is when I'd lost 8 pounds and bought a new outfit to wear to a dinner event where he and a couple of his fellow officers were to receive a commendation. He was waiting for me to finish getting dressed. When I came in, I asked if he liked the new outfit. These were his words: "Yes, I like it. Too bad they didn't have it in your size." LOL!!! He didn't say it in front of anyone but me. I thought it was hilarious.

Now put those words on paper without voice inflections or knowing his personality and he sounds like a jerk.

If he said something funny (not about me) in a group of people and they laughed at him, I'd say something like: "Oh, please don't laugh! It only encourages him." Then there would be even more laughter.

I'm just making a point that this quack of a person reads emails of someone she has never met and suddenly she knows exactly what he meant.

I have had a hard time catching up with this thread! Right now I am just sick at heart because I'll never believe Travis was an abuser. In fact, he was just way too nice to CMJA when she. just. wouldn't. leave. him. alone.!

I cannot wait until Juan gets a whack at this 'expert'!

*Oh, and I want to say that I am 64, one sister is 67, and my oldest sister is 70. All three of us would give CMJA the Death Penalty if given a chance. IMO, it doesn't have anything to do with our ages.

:moo:

Why would Jodi go through the trouble of putting sex pictures of herself onto his camera just to delete them later? We know she planned this. She wasn't going to leave evidence behind that she was in his house. So again, why put pictures from another day on the camera just to erase them and then throw the camera in the wasmachine to erase them even more?

As a man, I believe you are...but, the way I see it, she had to come up with a pretty good excuse for showing up unannounced, and I believe she did. Remember, she good at manipulation and playing on weaknesses. How about "Oh Travis, I've come to my senses, I've seen the light, and I'm going to leave you alone, let you be, but I've come all this way for a final goodbye, can't we make one more memory and part as friends?...

Well said. And she also could tell him her reason for the trip was to go see her NEW love interest. That would make TA happy and feel less worried that she was there to mess with him. Sadly enough.

IMO, the issue with “was there *advertiser censored* on TA’s computer” is purely a DT attempt to show prosecutorial misconduct. Whether or not TA viewed *advertiser censored* is a side issue. It doesn’t matter; it never did (unless the DT had irrefutable proof of pedophilia, and we all know THAT didn’t happen).

As a bull-dog prosecutor, facing the oft times superior rights of the defendant (innocent until proven guilty), JM HAS been called out by AZ judges … not just reporters. He’s had his posterior slapped numerous times (insert “so debasing, I love it” comment here).

Point is: Let’s hope JM did not, finally, cross the line. Can’t imagine why he or the detectives WOULD; JA clearly killed Travis 3X over.

I’m thinking the TA laptop review by the original DT went something like this:

“Judge, we demand to look at all the evidence, without any ‘hands on’ by Mesa PD.”

Judge: “OK. Mesa PD? Turn over the original evidence. Not the mirror images. The originals.”

(Hard Drive is presented to DT)

DT: “We demand the laptop be powered up”

Pros: “Okie dokie, then.”

IMO. IMO.

I think that is what happened, and booting the computer triggered the virus, and the anti-virus, to do their thing. No fault, no blame for either the prosecution or the defense, because the virus and the *advertiser censored* had nothing to do with the case. This current motion is just more BS from the defense.

Why would Jodi go through the trouble of putting sex pictures of herself onto his camera just to delete them later? We know she planned this. She wasn't going to leave evidence behind that she was in his house. So again, why put pictures from another day on the camera just to erase them and then throw the camera in the wasmachine to erase them even more?

I was thinking maybe some photos were already on the camera from another day. But then I got reminded of the hair color change...

...so now I am back to believing the photos were all from that day. But I think some may have been selfies.

I think that is what happened, and booting the computer triggered the virus, and the anti-virus, to do their thing. No fault, no blame for either the prosecution or the defense, because the virus and the *advertiser censored* had nothing to do with the case. This current motion is just more BS from the defense.

I think so, too. And I think Kirk knows this as well...he's just trying to do whatever he can to cause delays.

If I remember correctly, a big if, the killers hair looked darker In the braid picture than her color job en route to slaughter Travis.

If I remember correctly, a big if, the killers hair looked darker In the braid picture than her color job en route to slaughter Travis.

Probably due to the lack of light in the room.

Dang, I keep forgetting about that hair color thing. She had changed to brunette within hours of arriving in Mesa. But I agree the nude photo of herself in braids was a selfie. She just did not look like she was posing for a man--certainly not a sexy or provocative pose. She is basically just...there in the frame. Nothing sensuous, not even as much as a smile. I just can't figure why she needed a photo of herself on a camera with other photos of herself, and of TA, which were all then deleted by her, and the camera thrown in the wash as further insurance the photos were gone. Why even take such photos in the first place?

To insinuate they had sex, or maybe she hoped Mimi would see them on his camera. Whatever purpose wasn't good. She was out to damage his reputation in some way, which in the Mormon community wouldn't have been hard to do with their attitude on premarital sex.

I just finished watching CMJA's allocution again (just to refresh my memory of something). I had recalled that DB had requested his face not be shown when he testified, in order to protect his minor son. Just to show the extent of evil that resides in CMJA, sure enough, she power pointed a photo of DB, his minor son, and herself. It was a final slap to DB I believe. That murderess is beyond pure evil. Hopefully he has now come to realize just how lucky he and his son are. :freakedout:

Thanks for the link!
Fun to reminisce on a Sunday afternoon.

and..Oh em gee..
I'm 20 or so minutes into it.
Juan is being Mr. Amazing.
He starts mentioning magazines, and codes, and as he does, I see a little cloud develop over MDLR.
Did Juan put a silent S in front of the word Muggle.
He worked some sort of magic.
She feels the cloud of silent accusation, questions of ethics and dubious integrity.
She starts to twitch, grabs her Styrofoam Big Gulp, and starts gulping.
4 nice big swallows.
The cup was quite large, and did it's best to shield her face.
Setting the cup down, crosses her arms protectively.

Good times.

Just wait till you see the SNARL she makes when Juan says Travis was DONE WITH HER....LOL.

To insinuate they had sex, or maybe she hoped Mimi would see them on his camera. Whatever purpose wasn't good. She was out to damage his reputation in some way, which in the Mormon community wouldn't have been hard to do with their attitude on premarital sex.

I honestly don't believe this was her original plan. Because if she wanted to shame him in their community, she could have send the nudes she already had of him or of them together to anyone anonymously. (They were found in her stuff.) She could have leaked them herself without having to put them on his camera.

Plus I think people forgot that Jodi Arias was all about HER reputation as well. She said as much in her interviews with detective Flores. She made it obvious through her letter to Pre Paid Legal. I doubt that her original plan included making nudes of herself public. She wouldnt want to be seen as a loose woman. This is he woman that's trying to catch a good man remember?

I was thinking maybe some photos were already on the camera from another day. But then I got reminded of the hair color change...

...so now I am back to believing the photos were all from that day. But I think some may have been selfies.
There were some previous photos taken of her with blonde braids, maybe that's what you were thinking of, but she clearly dyed her hair back to her natural brunette color by the time she reached Travis's house- somewhere enroute between Redding and Mesa.

To me her hair looked black in the photo and not brown brunette.

I suppose it is possible something like that was her motive for the photos as they could have been taken while she was still in the Plan B stage of trying to convince TA to let her go with him to Cancun. Then after she realized that was not going to happen and she decided to go through with the murder, she didn't want the photos on the camera anymore because she didn't want anyone to know she had been at his house that day.

Exactly. The cans are really a big deal to me. If I were on the new jury, my thought about those gas cans wouldn't just be that they were to avoid gas stations and their cameras. I'd think that maybe she intended to burn something on her way back out of AZ and would probably be in a hurry (and definitely wouldn't want to be seen). Which would further reinforce the 1st degree premeditated murder conviction for me.

As you said, those cans are so, so damning.

And since the gas cans and the gun and whatever else (oh yeah, the rope HA!) were never seen again, she either ditched them all somewhere or burned it all.

But....if you took a photo of a photo, would that not be hard to disprove that it was taken that day?

Hmm...well, I think I see what you're saying, but taking a photo of a photo from an earlier time just serves to put her there that day, and that's exactly what she didn't want, but anyway, a photo of a photo wouldn't have the same clarity, color, or resolution of real live photo taken by the same camera. It would be distinguishably different.

Why? That photo, whether it was of another photo or of anything would have its own time stamp for when it was taken.

I think the point was that she could have taken a photo earlier, and then on that day taken a photo of the photo. The camera would record the current date and if it was cropped carefully enough that you couldn't see edges, you might not realize it's a picture of a picture rather than a 'live' picture.

I'd never thought of that angle before.

I don't know that she meant to throw the camera in the washing machine. I suspect it accidentally ended up there from a pile of clothes. It would have made more sense to just take the camera along with the gun and whatever else.

Had she deleted ALL the pictures or just some of them? I don't recall, but I thought it was all. That makes it weird like you're pointing out.

ETA: I said clothes above, but I guess it was bedsheets and/or towels she put in the washer.

Hmm...well, I think I see what you're saying, but taking a photo of a photo from an earlier time just serves to put her there that day, and that's exactly what she didn't want, but anyway, a photo of a photo wouldn't have the same clarity, color, or resolution of real live photo taken by the same camera. It would be distinguishably different.
She did say to Detective Flores, "Are you sure that's me?". She might not have thought she'd be recognized as a brunette, since everyone there knew her as a blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee