Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is because they are writing a book and will profit from TA's death and JM knows KN will bring this up. Timing of book is still irritating to me. They could have waited but timing is always about selling the most copies.

I think it's strategic but I doubt that's the reason. They were never called before either and it had nothing to do with the book because they weren't writing one then.

Weren't the Hughes involved in a hearing before the guilt phase, where they were accused by Nurmi of feeding information to Juan? I think that was the original reason they were not called to testify about the emails; not being on the list they became active on social media, and started their book. That book would present a further problem at this stage. IMO.

Dave Hall has been on HLN often, really only with the information that 'he never liked Arias' and 'Travis didn't own a gun'. Not much there to help.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

ETA: Sorry, I see MeeBee beat me to it.

Dave Hall and a couple of other guys also got into some legal trouble in Utah. They pushed over a large rock boulder and then put it on YouTube.
I am sure JM doesn't want to call him to testify and let Nurmi cross him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFD18BwmJ4

ETA
My bad... You guys were talking about Chris Hughes and I thought you were talking about Dave Hall......

I have put my shoe in my mouth again today.....I think I will just read and keep my big mouth shut

Trial in numbers :

1. Length of "relationship": 5 months
2. Number of times Travis was stabbed: 29
3. Number of emails and texts exchanged: 82,000 odd
4. Number of "degrading" texts/emails sent by TA: 1 (one).
5. Number of times CMJA has said I'm sorry to TA family: zero.

Re JA and TA's official relationship beginning Feb. 2, 2007, iirc JA testified that TA sent her a Valentine's Day package containing chocolates, pink shorts/top (saying "property of TA" ones?), unopened pkg of Spiderman undies, and a letter that wasn't entered into evidence ... since it never existed imo, along with anything else in the mythical pkg. When JM crossed JA, iirc he showed her phone records proving TA never even called her that day, which he surely would have to see if her present arrived and how she liked it. Y'all remember it that way?

Trial in numbers :

6. Number of times CMJA has lied: PRICELESS

Re JA and TA's official relationship beginning Feb. 2, 2007, iirc JA testified that TA sent her a Valentine's Day package containing chocolates, pink shorts/top (saying "property of TA" ones?), unopened pkg of Spiderman undies, and a letter that wasn't entered into evidence ... since it never existed imo, along with anything else in the mythical pkg. When JM crossed JA, iirc he showed her phone records proving TA never even called her that day, which he surely would have to see if her present arrived and how she liked it. Y'all remember it that way?

Yes and there was also a very emo journal entry from that day and Jodi makes no mention of it. She just talks about how sad and depressed she is. My guess is she was expecting something from Travis and got upset when she didn't receive anything. She's fabricated this story to make up for it.

Dave Hall and a couple of other guys also got into some legal trouble in Utah. They pushed over a large rock boulder and then put it on YouTube.
I am sure JM doesn't want to call him to testify and let Nurmi cross him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFD18BwmJ4

ETA
My bad... You guys were talking about Chris Hughes and I thought you were talking about Dave Hall......

I have put my shoe in my mouth again today.....I think I will just read and keep my big mouth shut

Don't you dare!

After each court day, I'm going to keep posting Tweets from court in my blog here on WS, organized by Tweep and date and time stamps, going forward. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?115109-daisydomino . I formatted them so that it should be pretty easy to read and find the time stamp you're looking for. The end of the day is at the bottom of the post.

I don't know about everybody else, but Twitter is hard on my ADHD and I have a hard time finding things on Twitter— ooh shiny...

Thank you soooo much... I am also not sure where to go to read all these tweets, and I see they get copied over several time during the trial only makes me go cross eyed sometimes... this will make it so much easier to follow the tweets for me.

After each court day, I'm going to keep posting Tweets from court in my blog here on WS, organized by Tweep and date and time stamps, going forward. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?115109-daisydomino . I formatted them so that it should be pretty easy to read and find the time stamp you're looking for. The end of the day is at the bottom of the post.

I don't know about everybody else, but Twitter is hard on my ADHD and I have a hard time finding things on Twitter— ooh shiny...

Thank you so very much...this makes it easier for me. Twitter and I do not get along.

Trial in numbers :

6. Number of times CMJA has lied: PRICELESS

7. Number of MOTIONS for MISTRIAL filed by the DEFENSE: TOO many to count !

8. Number of SIDEBARS requested by the Defense: TOO many to count !

:seeya: I luv this list !

:cheers:

Yes and there was also a very emo journal entry from that day and Jodi makes no mention of it. She just talks about how sad and depressed she is. My guess is she was expecting something from Travis and got upset when she didn't receive anything. She's fabricated this story to make up for it.

Bingo, buddy. Just like when Travis didn't invite her to the party and she slept hidden behind the xmas tree, but described instead Travis gently holding her hand as he made room for her next to himself that night.

September 2006 Jodi meets Travis

February 2, 2007 they began dating or (pick one below)
1. a couple
2. girlfriend/boyfriend
3. exclusive
4. official

**keep in mind that the whole time they were *exclusive* Jodi lived in California, and Travis lived in Arizona

June 29, 2007 Travis and Jodi break up.

After they breakup, Jodi does what any grown woman would do in that situation. She quits her job and moves to Arizona. NOT

So they only "officially" dated long distance for about 5 months.

Ironically, Jodi Arias' murder trial for violently, inhumanely killing Travis lasted 5 months.
The same exact amount of time that they were "officially" a couple. Eerie

BBM:

THIS ^^^ should be put on a PowerPoint by JM and shown to the jury to explain that they only dated for 5 short months ... NOT 5 years the way the defense makes it sound !

:seeya:

One of the most important things in a trial like this is to know your audience, the jurors. This appears to be one of KN foibles. I understand that he wants to make a point and drive home that point, but in the meantime, he appears to be losing the attention of all the jurors.

Going through emails line by line and having them interpreted by a third party and asking the witness to draw conclusions is seemingly baseless and a waste of time. The emails were based on interpretations by 3 people: Chris Hughes, Skye Hughes and Travis. The Hughes were outsiders in the relationship between JA and TA. To give these emails so much weight by Nurmi may very well backfire.

How many times have we posted on here, trying to get a POV across or render an opinion on a tweet or statement, and the delivery is misinterpreted, misunderstood, misconstrued? How cannot the same be true here? JMV

I hope it does backfire. Even without the voices of the authors, surely the jurors must feel their time is being disrespectfully wasted. So much time combing every phrase of an email that says "I love her" from the early days of a relationship that they already know ended horrifically, tragically badly—Nurmi is insulting the jurors with this. It has to backfire.

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

JUST IN CASE THERE IS ANY NEWS THIS WEEKEND ... YA NEVER KNOW WITH CMJA and the DT :gaah:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

William Pitts @william_pitts

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

NO Court on Friday.

Days off:

Thursday and Friday - November 26th and 27th (Thanksgiving)

Please add any additional tweeters ! TIA !

What else for a numbers list?

9. Number of days into trial CMJA waited before selling her tracings- zero. Sale started 1st day of trial.

10. Length of time post verdict before she gave her 1st interview: 20 minutes

IANAL but I think premeditation is irrelevant because of the aggravating factor the State is using. Her planning to murder Travis doesn't make his murder any more or less 'heinous, cruel, or depraved'. The extreme overkill, and her manipulation in covering up the crime and continuing to disparage her victim, which may not have been premeditated go a long way in proving the State's aggravating factor imo.

I totally believe what you believe - and I think she went there with every intention to kill him - but I also believe she planned on him dying a lot cleaner and more quickly. The fact his murder was so vicious, so tormenting, is the very reason the DP is on the table afaik. That's what Juan must emphasize to the jury.

Ironic that all her meticulous coverup planning- "I was never in the state of Arizona"- was all uncovered, every last little bit, even now the viruses on Travis's computer that she knew about because she must have planted!

Hi Cutie.... FYI.. I think that Nicole won't be tweeting live again,at least for now....she went back to CA, sadly..

What else for a numbers list?

9. Number of days into trial CMJA waited before selling her tracings- zero. Sale started 1st day of trial.

10. Length of time post verdict before she gave her 1st interview: 20 minutes

11. Number of times we heard "three-hole wonder" in the original trial: Countless

12. Number of times we heard "T-Dogg"/"Jekyll and Hyde" in the past two days: Not quite countless yet, but there's still a couple months to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech