Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a new motion?
I know there was a motion yesterday but I think it has to do with the computer and files on it and all the crap Nurmi brought up. Don't think there was anything about the Hughes. We have been discussing whether the Hughes could/should be called as witnesses and whether it would help/hurt prosecution. Anything more about the Hughes, I don't know about.

So, DT claims all poor JA's BFs were abusive to her. Did anyone bother to ask the BFs their side of the story? They're all still alive to refute her claims, yes? I won't ever consider Travis her BF. I hope the jury are watching her actions in court, i.e., smiling, laughing, talking while witness is up on stand talking abuse! Yeah, she's real traumatized alright. Not! jmho

Yes a motion was filed yesterday. Posted on sidebar thread by Yes or No.
it is a motion filed by defense for discovery of Travis's compaq presario computer.

Yes a motion was filed yesterday. Posted on sidebar thread by Yes or No.
it is a motion filed by defense for discovery of Travis's compaq presario computer.

Thanks Curious. That's what I thought, but Hatfield's questions about a 'Hughes' motion had me wondering.

Trial in numbers :

1. Length of "relationship": 5 months
2. Number of times Travis was stabbed: 29
3. Number of emails and texts exchanged: 82,000 odd
4. Number of "degrading" texts/emails sent by TA: 1 (one).
5. Number of times CMJA has said I'm sorry to TA family: zero.

And, if I may add:

6. Sending killer to Perryville forever, DP or LWOP: priceless

September 2006 Jodi meets Travis

February 2, 2007 they began dating or (pick one below)
1. a couple
2. girlfriend/boyfriend
3. exclusive
4. official

**keep in mind that the whole time they were *exclusive* Jodi lived in California, and Travis lived in Arizona

June 29, 2007 Travis and Jodi break up.

After they breakup, Jodi does what any grown woman would do in that situation. She quits her job and moves to Arizona. NOT

So they only "officially" dated long distance for about 5 months.

Ironically, Jodi Arias' murder trial for violently, inhumanely killing Travis lasted 5 months.
The same exact amount of time that they were "officially" a couple. Eerie

I really appreciate this outline, Dmacky. Arias even had me thinking she lived with him at some point. Soooo.... she drove to AZ for every sexcapade; he drove to her house once, with Dan Freeman. They could not have had that many 'physical sessions' in that 5 months then - not nearly as many as she likes us all to believe. How long did she live in Mesa after she moved there?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Matt M wasn't abusive but a cheater. She dated him for around 2 years #jodiarias #3TVARIAS

Whoa, wait a minute, what you mean he wasn't abusive? He dumped JA, didn't he? How is what Travis did abuse, but not this?
This witness is a real piece of work. She has managed to disregard the killer's lies, twist his friends' emails, accuse Travis of being a sociopath, and paint the killer as a poor abused victim!

It doesn't matter what the butcher did to Travis, he was the bad guy. What rocks do you have to look under to find these insects? jmho

Jodi would rather us believe she drove 1,000 miles to see a guy she barely knew- Ryan Burns, for a little grinding for a few hours- than her real purpose, obsession with the man who told her "No". How dare he???

So, earlier in this testi"cough"mony, the DT said Travis hid JA from friends, didn't want to be seen with her, etc, etc, garbage, lie..... Why, then, does Nurmi keep putting pics up of the 2 of them together...with other people , no less?!?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Matt M wasn't abusive but a cheater. She dated him for around 2 years #jodiarias #3TVARIAS

Whoa, wait a minute, what you mean he wasn't abusive? He dumped JA, didn't he? How is what Travis did abuse, but not this?
This witness is a real piece of work. She has managed to disregard the killer's lies, twist his friends' emails, accuse Travis of being a sociopath, and paint the killer as a poor abused victim!

It doesn't matter what the butcher did to Travis, he was the bad guy. What rocks do you have to look under to find these insects? jmho

Preach!

I have been reading here since the first trial but rarely comment. I have to say that I am thoroughly confused by the DT version, or interpretation of this relationship. According to them now, all Jodi was to Travis was a "booty call". Yet, there are many photos of them spending time together in the light of day, with friends, going on trips, etc. How is this the behavior of a man using a woman for sex? According to this expert, Jodi was in true love with Travis but he rejected her. But didn't Jodi herself testify that Travis proposed marriage to her and she said No? I don't believe for a second that Travis did that, but still there is so much inconsistency in the Defense's version of the relationship. I think that Jodi's pathological ego wouldn't allow her during testimony to aknowledge that she wanted more from Travis and he rejected HER. Yet, isn't that what this expert is saying? Jodi insisted that she wanted to move on and that Travis wouldn't let her go. Now the expert is saying that Jodi wanted marriage and Travis didn't.

Another thing that has me scratching my head...why do Nurmi and their experts keep acting like Travis keeping his sexual relationship with Jodi a secret is so horrible? Wouldn't it have been far more abusive for him to tell all his friends exactly what they were getting up to in the bedroom? I mean, I prefer to keep my love life private. It is called discretion. Should he have shouted from the rooftops that he was having anal sex with Jodi Arias? Would that have been preferable to his keeping it a private matter between the two of them? They were BOTH Mormon, too. So, in my mind, his keeping those intimate details private protected her as well as him. If he would have told everyone then they could both be in trouble, and their reputations may have been tarnished. It may have even effected her chance of finding a proper Mormon husband in the future. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, and that religion has a similar strict moral code to Mormonism. A girl with a tarnished reputation might have a harder time finding a spouse in the religion. Sex outside of marriage was more detrimental on a girl than on a guy when it came to marriage prospects.

Sorry to be so wordy! After my first post I was sort of ridiculed for writing too much so I stopped commenting. But Jodi Arias and her band of twisted liars make me angry. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate a person I have never met. And I am person who can usually see something redeeming in everyone.

Who in their right mind would have criticized your for writing too much? What you have to offer in your post was awesome!!!

Thanks Curious. That's what I thought, but Hatfield's questions about a 'Hughes' motion had me wondering.

Yeah, sorry. I may be mistaken but I could have sworn I saw something about a defense motion involving the Hughes and thought maybe it is very old and maybe was filed even before this phase got started.

I may be totally wrong about this.

If anybody knows anything about any outstanding defense motion involving the Hughes, if they could let us know it would be appreciated.

Maybe there isnt one. ?

I have been reading here since the first trial but rarely comment. I have to say that I am thoroughly confused by the DT version, or interpretation of this relationship. According to them now, all Jodi was to Travis was a "booty call". Yet, there are many photos of them spending time together in the light of day, with friends, going on trips, etc. How is this the behavior of a man using a woman for sex? According to this expert, Jodi was in true love with Travis but he rejected her. But didn't Jodi herself testify that Travis proposed marriage to her and she said No? I don't believe for a second that Travis did that, but still there is so much inconsistency in the Defense's version of the relationship. I think that Jodi's pathological ego wouldn't allow her during testimony to aknowledge that she wanted more from Travis and he rejected HER. Yet, isn't that what this expert is saying? Jodi insisted that she wanted to move on and that Travis wouldn't let her go. Now the expert is saying that Jodi wanted marriage and Travis didn't.

Another thing that has me scratching my head...why do Nurmi and their experts keep acting like Travis keeping his sexual relationship with Jodi a secret is so horrible? Wouldn't it have been far more abusive for him to tell all his friends exactly what they were getting up to in the bedroom? I mean, I prefer to keep my love life private. It is called discretion. Should he have shouted from the rooftops that he was having anal sex with Jodi Arias? Would that have been preferable to his keeping it a private matter between the two of them? They were BOTH Mormon, too. So, in my mind, his keeping those intimate details private protected her as well as him. If he would have told everyone then they could both be in trouble, and their reputations may have been tarnished. It may have even effected her chance of finding a proper Mormon husband in the future. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, and that religion has a similar strict moral code to Mormonism. A girl with a tarnished reputation might have a harder time finding a spouse in the religion. Sex outside of marriage was more detrimental on a girl than on a guy when it came to marriage prospects.

Sorry to be so wordy! After my first post I was sort of ridiculed for writing too much so I stopped commenting. But Jodi Arias and her band of twisted liars make me angry. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate a person I have never met. And I am person who can usually see something redeeming in everyone.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

Thank you for this post. You are the first I've read anywhere to interpret TA's silence about his sex life as a way of protecting her as well as him. You are so right.

We may all know after the fact that her Mormonism meant nothing to her. It has never occurred to me that Travis would likely not have seen it that way. He gave her the Book of Mormon. He baptized her. He no doubt was invested in seeing her become a true and good member of his church. And it never occurred to me that besides hating himself for breaking his own vows by having sex, he may well have felt guilty contributing to a new convert going so far astray.

Thanks again for a new and compassionate viewpoint.

Great post!!! Not wordy, very astute, and I see you totally get this ridiculous defense!!!!

Wordy is good - especially when they make as much sense as yours. Welcome back!

This is totally OT....I was watching 48 hours and guess what trial was on!!!! Not this one. But JM was the PA in the case of the sleep walker who killed his wife. JM looks really young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech