Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Jodi put *advertiser censored* on the computer on the day she came to murder Travis? I think she put the *advertiser censored* on, but before that...by sending him infected email or websites and she did it to be nasty and mess up his machine...I am not sure she knew then that she was going to kill him.

I just do not know how to figure her taking the time to put *advertiser censored* on the computer right before or after the murder because I am not seeing the reason for it. Not saying she didn't do it that night--just saying I cannot figure her reasons for needing his machine to have *advertiser censored* on it when she knew she was going to kill him. It would not be for her to be able to claim he was a sleaze to save her own life someday in the future--because I do not think she ever expected she would be caught or charged.

Anyone have any theories about why Killer would have purposely put *advertiser censored* on TA's computer on either Murder Eve or Murder Day?

If she had sent a *advertiser censored* virus by email the could track it to her computer.

Why would Jodi put *advertiser censored* on the computer on the day she came to murder Travis? I think she put the *advertiser censored* on, but before that...by sending him infected email or websites and she did it to be nasty and mess up his machine...I am not sure she knew then that she was going to kill him.

I just do not know how to figure her taking the time to put *advertiser censored* on the computer right before or after the murder because I am not seeing the reason for it. Not saying she didn't do it that night--just saying I cannot figure her reasons for needing his machine to have *advertiser censored* on it when she knew she was going to kill him. It would not be for her to be able to claim he was a sleaze to save her own life someday in the future--because I do not think she ever expected she would be caught or charged.

Anyone have any theories about why Killer would have purposely put *advertiser censored* on TA's computer on either Murder Eve or Murder Day?

I don't think she put *advertiser censored* on his computer at all. She was his *advertiser censored*. He picked up a virus/malware. There's no evidence that she put *advertiser censored* on the computer. People are getting carried away...

We've lived in Arizona for 54 years and have never
carried filled gas can in our trunk.

53 years here.......and NEVER a SEALED, FILLED GAS CAN in the TRUNK in JUNE....Or July, August, pretty much 8 months out of the year when temps can heat your trunk up. Her vehicle was just a fast moving bomb.
Filled water jugs? Sure, on long trips, but gasoline? If she paid for roadside assist with her rental, or it was covered by her own auto insurance, extra gas wasn't necessary. In 2008, there were plenty of gas stations on her route.:facepalm:

Because she not only wanted to kill him....she wanted to destroy his memory, his reputation.

If she had sent a *advertiser censored* virus by email the could track it to her computer.

OK...but why did she need his computer to have *advertiser censored* on it???

There has to be a reason and the only reason I can think of for anyone purposely sending out a computer virus to someone is to wreck their machine. Why the need to do that after he's dead? Or even after she decided he would be dead.

Am I missing something obvious or is it just that it's Jodi Arias so nothing about it is going to add up?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/jodi-arias-testimony-about-day-of-murder_n_2720749.html

Arias said she took a shower and got dressed to continue her road trip to Utah. Afterward she said she gave Alexander some CDs that contained photos of previous trips the couple had taken together, but the CDs were scratched and would not work.

"He was getting mad [about the CDS] … He opened CD disc, he flung it at the wall [and] it ricocheted off the wall and landed on my head," Arias said.

In the first trial I believe the police expert stated that there was a pop-up message with a virus alert when he turned on Travis' computer. I tried to search but all that comes up is the latest information on the computer.

It appears her reasoning for LE finding *advertiser censored* on his computer could be that she was trying to damage his reputation even in death. We can see she is still trying to do that right now in court. jmo

I live on the east coast, but my dad had a second house in AZ in the high desert I visited often with my DH. In addition, most years I take a 2 week sojourn to SW, by myself.

Out there I go on all day driving trips into the desert or mountains, on sand or dirt "roads" that don't exist on maps ,and where cell reception and gas stations and other folks are 50-200 plus miles away.

I'm always incredibly careful on these treks, and I pack for the worst possible case, and always have at least 4-5 gallons of water with me.

I have NEVER carried a gas can full of gas. For one, I don't think its safe, but more importantly, though there are many long stretches without gas stations, and I've had a few anxious times driving on fumes , there are stations aplenty enough along ever even quasi-main road I've ever been on out there. If you stop to fill up when you see one...no worries.

I figured it was not normally done. It's just weird how some people do not see how much in advance this crime was premeditated even with gas cans being in the car--full of gas! In the heat of the AZ desert, in the trunk with little to no air circulation.

Too bad she didn't blow herself up on the way there.

Question for those of you who signed up Beth Karas--are you accessing it mostly from pc computers, or is anyone using their phones? I'm finding it impossible to keep up with the tweets, but usually only have the ability to access the Internet from my phone. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I use my phone there, as I do here.

Perhaps in JA's twisted mind/plan, a pregnancy would have added an extra dimension to her whole twisted plan ... could have stated it happened on prior visit ... possible access to TA's funds ... future caring for the only living part of TA ... simpathy/concern from TA's family/friends ... blah, blah, blah

[All speculation into her twisted mind/plan.]

I'm just surprised she didn't pull that stunt, one of the oldest in the book for trapping a man who is leaving you........ I have to think that one of them was
infertile, or she would have claimed she was pregnant a long time ago.

Yes, she also didn't want any roommates or neighbors to recognize her car so she rents a non-descript car that doesn't stand out to LE and a neighbor is less likely to recall seeing close to the house the day of the murder

For me the nail in the pre-med coffin was the gas cans. I can just picture her filling them up in CA, ready to go kill a person. Then she fills them back up in Nevada...proving she did use the gas after the killing
Remember her reason? She never drove through the desert without extra gas/water.

I think he would have made sure of it. Pregnancy would have made it obvious they were having sex.
Perhaps they were having anal sex? (Sorry, just thinking out loud) No condoms were found either.

OK...but why did she need his computer to have *advertiser censored* on it???

There has to be a reason and the only reason I can think of for anyone purposely sending out a computer virus to someone is to wreck their machine. Why the need to do that after he's dead? Or even after she decided he would be dead.

Am I missing something obvious or is it just that it's Jodi Arias so nothing about it is going to add up?

The 'taking his life wasn't enough, ruining his rep was necessary too' theory makes sense to me...

Maybe the *advertiser censored* was intended to make it look like TA was a sleazy person and possibly get Jodi some sympathy after his death. "Jodi, you are so fortunate to have gotten away from him when you did... :blah: "

Or if it was child *advertiser censored*, to make TA look even worse, possibly to the point where it might be surmised that someone came looking for him that fateful day in June 2008. With that on the computer, it could have been anyone who killed him--even someone he did not know personally. It's harder to solve a murder that is committed by a stranger.

So for me that answers why she might have taken the time to infect his machine--to malign his name and possibly lengthen the list of suspects.

Thanks WSers for pointing me in the right direction...I feel a bit embarrassed that it was so easy to figure and I still could not see it. :blushing:

I'm watching some old trial videos. Juan Martinez really destroyed her on the stand. You shot someone in self defense and then went into a "fog". You don't know whether that person is dead or not. Chances are when you're out of your fog, you're either going to call the police or you're going to ignore what happened. You are not going to be writing e-mails and leaving voice mails as a sort of alibi! The only reason she felt comfortable doing that, is because she knew exactly what she had just done. And she knew he was dead. And then went on and acted normal for weeks. Send flowers to his grandma. Grinded on Ryan Burn.

That woman is pure evil.

I don't think she put *advertiser censored* on his computer at all. She was his *advertiser censored*. He picked up a virus/malware. There's no evidence that she put *advertiser censored* on the computer. People are getting carried away...

I thought she may have put a virus on his computer, which generated *advertiser censored*.

But now I believe she could have actually installed *advertiser censored*, maybe even child *advertiser censored*, to malign his name. Actually she could have done both as it has been said that at least some of the *advertiser censored* sites on the computer are virus infections.

No matter how the *advertiser censored* got there, I think she was responsible. She wanted that hard drive tested and retested and was relentless about it...she knew what should have shown up on reports that wasn't showing.

I thought she may have put a virus on his computer, which generated *advertiser censored*.

But now I believe she could have actually installed *advertiser censored*, maybe even child *advertiser censored*, to malign his name. Actually she could have done both as it has been said that at least some of the *advertiser censored* sites on the computer are virus infections.

No matter how the *advertiser censored* got there, I think she was responsible. She wanted that hard drive tested and retested and was relentless about it...she knew what should have shown up on reports that wasn't showing.

I don't think she put child *advertiser censored* on his PC. Remember that for the LONGEST time (Months really) she claimed that Travis was a great guy who never did anything to hurt her and that she had no reason to kill him. The child-*advertiser censored* and the pedophilia came AFTER she and her DT decided her original story didn't make sense. If she was planning to kill him and ruin his reputation from the start, I think her original story would have been more aligned with those plans.

The only problem I have with this theory of maligning his name with computer *advertiser censored* is ... how would it do that?

Guys sometimes look at *advertiser censored*. Even good guys. I personally cannot understand why but hey, to each his own, and if a man is living a decent life I am not seeing *advertiser censored* as a red flag.

Child *advertiser censored*, however, is a whole different animal.

I think Jodi actually did intentionally send the computer virus (with the prono) to his. I believe that her computer HD was also infected, so she destroyed it to get rid of the evidence. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin