Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, it was no big deal for them to pick up the hard drive. The State had the forensic image from 2008 safe and sound in the evidence room, and the hard drive itself could be blown to pieces for all they cared. Or the defense PI could plant evidence on it or whatever--no one cared, because the 2008 mirror drive would refute whatever

The courthouse. :)
AZlawyer, then why did Nurmi make such a big deal of it? Why did he claim there was *advertiser censored* on it? How does he get away with that?

What do you mean? The hard drive was turned over to the defense and they were free to perform analysis on it. It's in no way the state's fault they destroyed the hard drive. As AZL, pointed out, the state had a mirror image and so they weren't worried about it and probably didn't anticipate them destroying the hard drive.

The motion is not about that, that was just Nurmi's deflection after it was revealed the deletions were not Juan's fault. The motion itself was clearly stating the LE and the state deliberately deleted exculpatory evidence. That did not happen. Either way, it's an erroneous claim. It's not his fault the deletions happened either. It's nobody's fault. Clearly the virus was deleted by the anti virus software.

And even so, if Juan cannot actually view the hard drive to verify the claims or determine what happened, then Nurmi's claims cannot be corroborated and should be thrown out.
Right, so bottom line is since cannot get the physical hard drive to verify the DTs claims, its a moot point.

So confusing! :cheers:

I was thinking, I hope nothing has happened to Juan.

Earlier, a smart poster noted that it may have been JSS due to no activity posted in the court minutes or something to that effect, yesterday or today. I hope all is well with her.

Right, so bottom line is since cannot get the physical hard drive to verify the DTs claims, its a moot point.

So confusing! :cheers:

JA must be beside herself that she can't prove Travis had *advertiser censored* on his computer now. Everything she pulls seems to turn to sh##t. Poor baby.

Aaand tomorrow should prove to be most interesting with the new motion to strike. Hopefully Nurmi will be done with his 'expert' Wonder how the Arias camp is spinning all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is but it's from 2008. It was helpful in determining that Travis' computer had Spybot which would prevent virus sites from being accessed but not so helpful in determining what was the cause of the deletions and verifying what the defense has found.

What the defense ALLEGEDLY found.....just saying..

They were probably supposed to be testing a mirror image or copy but used the actual hard drive to find the deletions. And did not make a copy.

We have no idea if it was deliberate or not. It could be that this expert was inexperienced and damaged it during his exam. It could be that he did it on purpose to cover up for something. All we know is it's damaged and there is now no way for the state to examine it.

I agree and since it is the DT allegations to begin with and since they cannot provide evidence to prove their own allegations then any judge should throw out the DT motions right away.

It all keeps coming back to the DT messing around. So long as Juan still has that original mirror image, the State has done their job because they were forced to turn over the evidence to the DT by some judge.

It sounds to me that the State has done nothing wrong whatsoever if they were forced to turn over evidence.

Once it got in DT hands and if they are alleging anything they had better be able to prove it. If they cannot prove it, the DT motion needs thrown out like dirty bath water.

And if there are any other motions about evidence being destroyed or improperly handled, it sure sounds like the DT or the judge decision that caused all that.

I am still not convinced if the turning over of the incorrect drive was done purposely as a delay tactic or not. Or maybe to cover the fact they have no drive left that was given to them because they destroyed it by accident or something like that.

Just wish the DT would stop the nonsense or be forced to stop the nonsense by a good judge. Its going to take something strong to stop him because he has been getting away with all kinds of things and he is pushing things to the extreme till someone stops him.

Found some relevant minute entries. It does sound like the judge allowed Jodi's PI to pick up evidence. Bad move.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6468370.pdf

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6467813.pdf

"IT IS ORDERED granting the motion and affirming that the Defense investigator may pick up the property listed in the motion."

In reading the motion where the PI can pick up the drive, above it orders the defense expert to turn over raw data and scoring sheets. This was to be done by 9/92014. I don't think this is computer related.

Lol, how do you think Nurmi and Willmott feel?!

I'm happy to say I really can't imagine. I'm guilty of my share of embarrassing crap, but compared to them I'm an angel. (They're what... Authorities? Jodi, of course, is a Cherub... At least, roughly, according to one hierarchy of angels. The hierarchy of demons would be vastly more appropriate, of course, but it's way too complicated and I don't understand it.)

Pardon me for going way OT, but according to the vast knowledge of demonology I just acquired from Wikipedia, Jodi's got all the bases covered (at least in one system): tempter and ensnarer; accuser; devastator; pestilence; witch; vile revenge-taker; vessel of iniquity and inventor of evil things; liar; and finally -- idolator (of herself). Nice job, Jodi!

(She's such an over-achiever, she even added blasphemy! Oh, and murder.)

In addition to Nurmi's business webpage boast, this week I brought up Dorian Bond's business page again, and there was an enlarged color snapshot of Jodi Arias. No accompanying copy. (Just 'prepare to be impressed', I guess)

Good Lord, I guess he's trying to impress the criminals who think "wow, if he's willing to help Jodi Arias, he will surely help me fight my dwi manslaughter charge!" This is a whole other culture isn't it?

In reading the motion where the PI can pick up the drive, above it orders the defense expert to turn over raw data and scoring sheets. This was to be done by 9/92014. I don't think this is computer related.

No it wasn't, I think that was to do with scoring data from one of their experts doing a forensic psychological evaluation. It was to be turned over to Dr. Demarte. Separate matter.

Im just so flabbergasted by all the different DT motions. Most of which seem to have no real basis. Just think now. They have no less than 3 different courts now involved in their motions or appeals.

1-Their own Court with this JA trial - multiple motions
2-The Appeal Court with the appeal from the Media trying to prevent secret witness
from testifying with no public or media to witness anything. Maybe COA?
3-The other Court involved with the DP "joining" thingamaroo.

Is there a 4th court I am missing? If not, there will be shortly. LOL :)
We will have the Supreme Court involved in this before this is over.

Im just so flabbergasted by all the different DT motions. Most of which seem to have no real basis. Just think now. They have no less than 3 different courts now involved in their motions or appeals.

2-The Appeal Court with the appeal from the Media trying to prevent secret witness
from testifying with no public or media to witness anything.
3-The other Court involved with the DP "joining" thingamaroo. Maybe COA?

Don't forget Divorce Court and Judge Judy!

I'm happy to say I really can't imagine. I'm guilty of my share of embarrassing crap, but compared to them I'm an angel. (They're what... Authorities? Jodi, of course, is a Cherub... At least, roughly, according to one hierarchy of angels. The hierarchy of demons would be vastly more appropriate, of course, but it's way too complicated and I don't understand it.)

Pardon me for going way OT, but according to the vast knowledge of demonology I just acquired from Wikipedia, Jodi's got all the bases covered (at least in one system): tempter and ensnarer; accuser; devastator; pestilence; witch; vile revenge-taker; vessel of iniquity and inventor of evil things; liar; and finally -- idolator (of herself). Nice job, Jodi!

(She's such an over-achiever, she even added blasphemy! Oh, and murder.)

This post made my night. :lol:

from testifying with no public or media to witness anything. Maybe COA?
3-The other Court involved with the DP "joining" thingamaroo.

State or Federal Supreme Court? (Never mind, I think I know.)

eta: She's also been to bankruptcy court (financial, unfortunately, not moral, where the penalty would have been much stiffer).

This is OT and maybe should be handled privately but I also feel the need to make a public apology to shadowboy who I kind of went off on the other day about her opinion on a certain reporter who will not be named here. It's a hot button issue here and pushed it inadvertently and I inappropriately took my ire out on that poster and it wasn't fair. I don't like bullying and I don't like when I see it in myself so I'm sincerely sorry. And I do appreciate your posts and your interesting points of view and experience you bring to the discussion.

Please forgive me. I'll be more careful in the future.

As much disdain KN seems to have for Arias I cant imagine he would put a black mark on his own record by having the case deemed IAoC as the reason for the case being overturned on appeal. I just cant see him as taking the fall for the psychopath. Yes, he is doing her dirty work for her now but something that will look very bad on his own record I just don't think he would willingly do it. He thinks way too much of himself.

But the way he has honed in on Juan from the very start is way beyond the norm from other cases I have seen. Sure maybe once or twice during a long trial the defense will try the old prosecutorial misconduct accusation but not to this level. At every turn he has childishly screamed 'prosecutorial misconduct.' I think KN is also very much a narcissist himself and this case has become more about him getting one over on Juan or trying to rather than actually doing his job. He certainly has become the master of delays which may come back to haunt him.

Do I think he is this inept to turnover someone else's hard drive copy? Hmmmm, I sure don't rule it out. "Tony" is probably one of his clients or prior clients who was a pedophile. We are aware those are the kind of cases he deems are his expertise areas.

Or did he do a fast and loose maneuver deliberately thinking he could one up Juan. Juan, the one man that continuously tears down everything KN puts forth to the jury and in short order. KN labors on for days and days in that monotone boring voice and when Juan steps up to the plate in much less time he destroys what took KN so long to get out. That must irk him to no end.

I just cant see the computer situation being done by mistake. Nothing this DT does is by mistake. Each and every time something happens they had an intended purpose.

While I know we aren't suppose to sleuth Tony and I don't even know how we would do that or why we would want to do it anyway but it should be rather easy for the state or JSS to look at the hard drive that was turned over and know who he is.

I have noticed all along that this defense team is very different than most I have seen. Usually the one either questioning the witness or the second chair is constantly glancing at the jury to see their reactions and most know when to shut up and sit down. But this DT doesn't seem to care about reading the jurors. Odd.

That is why all during the guilt phase it was said when Juan finally stood up to start his questioning the jurors became riveted to his every word. He knows how to read his jurors. He knows they want the facts and they don't want him to take as many days to get to the facts as it took the DT to spread their lies. The jury has to be longing to hear from Juan again.

Also in many cases when there is such a long break the jury will be aggravated at the one they believe is causing the downtime and in this case they know they are suppose to be hearing testimony from defense witnesses. So by the time Juan stands up again the jury will be so ready to hear from him and so tired of hearing the defense witnesses and KN or JW.

They have to be bored out of their minds already and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight as to when KN will finally sit down.

IMO

Late to the party (per usual), but just a couple of things:
1. I had a boyfriend my SR year of college. It was sex...ALL sex...GREAT sex...but that was it. No photos tho...it was the 90's. But we were normal mid 20 year olds.
2. I just had my first Brazilian. Yawza! And I don't think it makes my husband of 16 years a pedophile. Or even SLIGHTLY abnormal. As they said on Grey's Anatomy...I just clean up the "surgical field"...
3. God Bless Travis' family. Sexuality is from God. Travis was only and beautifully human. Shame on the defense for trying to mold an image of some hideous sexual pervert out of a simply mortal man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58