Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about this (and maybe I'm thinking too much lol), the more I realize the defense really has nothing. There was really only one opportunity for the state to do whys the defense is claiming it did and it's July 19th, 2009. And I think it's obvious they got this wrong. The defense made the request to sign out and see evidence and the computer was only on for 12 minutes. There was not, reasonably, enough time for Juan to do what they're saying he must have done. And I think they realize this. So they're bringing up other stuff that isn't related to make it look like something it isn't.

Neumeister says the state must have given Dworkin an incorrect copy of the hard drive. I find that impossible. I've been reading about computer forensics and, from what I understand, to make sure the right copy has been provided and it's complete and accurate, the expert will compare it to the original hard drive to make sure he has a perfect copy and it matches. I don't know how this is done and I don't even know if I'm right. But I feel pretty sure Dworkin would know if he got an incorrect copy. They were able to get emails and IMs from this copy. So how does BN explain the hard drive being partially correct but not fully? They'd have to have deleted this *advertiser censored* and virus stuff and then given it to Dworkin. But BN is finding it now. So why didn't Dworkin find these deletions then? There is another explanation for why the viruses and *advertiser censored* was missed and I think this part will be the most important to explain. But it's like Steve said last night, the court will not find that the state was being deliberately misleading and the defense expert wasn't. So there must be another explanation for missing this stuff or it was just an honest mistake.

Then there is the business of damaged evidence. Willmott claims the hard drive was already damaged when it came to her expert. To bolster this claim, she brought up damage to Jodi's electronics as proof that damage is always being destroyed in possession of LE. Well, that's just stupid. The judge knows as well as we all do that Jodi is responsible for that damage and they came to LE in that state. Why would the state, with an eye to hide hurtful evidence to Travis, destroy Jodi's electronics but not Travis'? That's just backwards. And maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember seeing any tweets referencing the hard drive and BN having to reset the pins when he got it, but I might be misremembering. It's like they glossed over it.

But when Juan said he has proof BN destroyed the hard drive BN's response was "that's just slimy, Juan." That's interesting to me. When an accusation is made, and the response is over the top like that, it signals guilt to me. Because a normal person, while incredulous, would deny that claim. They'd be confident in themselves. But "that's just slimy..." I don't know. That's not a normal response.

I noticed Nurmi has been very quiet since Juan has began responding. Willmott is the one who wrote their response to sanctions, she's the one doing all the questioning of witnesses. I wonder if Nurmi wishes he could take the motion back altogether but Willmott wants to keep pushing it, just needing to be right. Clearly, they did not have all their facts when they wrote it. And when you looked at this from one side, it seemed they had something, but the more that came out they realized they were wrong.

Jeff Gold explained Brady Violations last night. He said to prove them the defense must prove 1.) intent and 2.) that the evidence destroyed was exculpatory. I don't think the defense has proven either.

Doesn't it seem sexist and downright unfair to assume that the males on the DT are hot for the murderess, but that JSKS is not?

In the interest of fairness and open-mindedness I shall henceforth assume the opposite.

Return to the stand. First he provided the wrong disk which he should have provided a replacement prior to yesterday's court testimony. He did not do that. Now he is saying he never intended to do it by saying he can't provide it until next Wednesday. If he did something wrong that can be proven, which he would know that, I'd be telling defense no way will I return to testify. You need to drop it. I'm surprised the judge did not charge BN with contempt for not providing the information that had been asked for. jmo

I know, I was joking.

Return to the stand. First he provided the wrong disk which he should have provided a replacement prior to yesterday's court testimony. He did not do that. Now he is saying he never intended to do it by saying he can't provide it until next Wednesday. If he did something wrong that can be proven, which he would know that, I'd be telling defense no way will I return to testify. You need to drop it. I'm surprised the judge did not charge BN with contempt for not providing the information that had been asked for. jmo

BBM

I'm not.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-14-In-recess-Part-2&p=11229238#post11229238

I don't think the handshake was a problem with the court. It is a problem for the Sheriff's department as her guards are suppose to make sure she does not come in contact with anyone. jmo

good point! During our trials IN ARIZONA, in the sentencing hearing, through the entire thing, they were handcuffed so that would have been an awkward handshake. Different rules for St. Arias I guess.

Yes, he'll be back on December 4, or some later date as JSKS moves proceedings into 2015 or beyond.

I've thought all along that this retrial would drag right through the holidays like the Grinch on steroids (and unrepentant) and in to 2015. Blech

:seeya:

After a good night's sleep, and the anger from yesterday's ugly sidetracking abated, I have questions.

Why didn't the defence rehire Dworkin for this issue? Apart from being a more credible forensic computer analyst, he and he alone can say that he received a 'wrong' copy of the HD. Perhaps Juan intends to call him to the stand.

Secondly, I have never, from the first day of the first trial, ever sensed that Juan would make a statement that he couldn't follow through with. BN should be shaking in his boots right now. Could it be that Juan has already interviewed 'Tony the Tech', and has the real low down on the broken drive?

I think/hope this is all going to blow up in their faces. Sadly, it won't faze Arias. End results are not of particular interest to her - it's the chaotic mind games that she relishes.

Wow, you all are good about remembering so much past information, and understanding what is going on with computer.
I am so impressed with whoever found that the computer being turned on, or woke up a half hour before the LE search warrant. I know that a computer can be remotely accessed. Is there any way to tell if it was remotely accessed at this time? I think Jodi has more computer knowledge than she is being given credit for, and since we know she tampered with his computer, I wonder if it was hacking into accounts or remotely entering his computer.

I have a question for anyone that is attending.....we can see any video, so please tell me this:

What is Judge S doing during the questioning? Is she sitting back and listening to all testimony and watching all the gum chewing, talking, laughing, any cut throat motions that might be going on?
Or is Judge S doing a bunch of paper work, computer work, etc.
I know some of this might pertain to the case, but in watching other cases....the Judges do sit back and listen and watch. I was wondering what Judge S does.
Thanks...

:seeya:

After a good night's sleep, and the anger from yesterday's ugly sidetracking abated, I have questions.

Why didn't the defence rehire Dworkin for this issue? Apart from being a more credible forensic computer analyst, he and he alone can say that he received a 'wrong' copy of the HD. Perhaps Juan intends to call him to the stand. snip

Probably because he had already testified that there was no *advertiser censored* or viruses on the computer, so now he would have to explain exactly how he found them now but didn't then, and that reason would apply to the prosecution as well, so he would essentially be providing the prosecution their reason why this whole thing is a bunch of baloney. IOW, in order for the defense to make the prosecution look incompetent, they have to make Dworkin look incompetent as well.

Probably because he had already testified that there was no *advertiser censored* or viruses on the computer, so now he would have to explain exactly how he found them now but didn't then, and that reason would apply to the prosecution as well, so he would essentially be providing the prosecution their reason this why whole thing is a bunch of baloney. IOW, in order for the defense to make the prosecution look incompetent, they have to make Dworkin look incompetent as well.

Exactly, Steve.

So, what do we really know about the computer guy? What cases has he testified in (I know that he was questioned on his "expertise" in the guilt phase). I'm thinking he's just another one that has been caught in the web of JA - but does he have the ability to manipulate the data? Why would someone do that? I'm so confused as to how the "*advertiser censored*" was or wasn't on the computer (I do get the browser thing...) but, if he (or someone) was actually at a site, wouldn't they have seen it previously - both State and DT experts?? :gaah:

Apparently he has many talents, i.e., seeing ninjas in camera images, and making music vids. Here's a link to his creds. Hmmmm, I don't see where he's a computer/HDD/electronics guru tho.

http://www.experts.com/Expert-Witnesses/Audio-Video-Forensics-Expert-Witness-Bryan-Neumeister

I don't think the handshake was a problem with the court. It is a problem for the Sheriff's department as her guards are suppose to make sure she does not come in contact with anyone. jmo

She's lucky she's not up here in Canada, LambChop. She would be sitting all alone in the prisoner's dock!

A little hint to JSS: Canadian judges don't have gavels. If a nod of the judge's head can't control the court, it's generally felt they should look for another line of work. :judge:

I have a question for anyone that is attending.....we can see any video, so please tell me this:

What is Judge S doing during the questioning? Is she sitting back and listening to all testimony and watching all the gum chewing, talking, laughing, any cut throat motions that might be going on?
Or is Judge S doing a bunch of paper work, computer work, etc.
I know some of this might pertain to the case, but in watching other cases....the Judges do sit back and listen and watch. I was wondering what Judge S does.
Thanks...

I believe AZL said before that she has one or two monitors there and can be looking up things that might apply to questions that she thinks may come up. I'm sure AZL will correct me if I butchered that.

Probably because he had already testified that there was no *advertiser censored* or viruses on the computer, so now he would have to explain exactly how he found them now but didn't then, and that reason would apply to the prosecution as well, so he would essentially be providing the prosecution their reason why this whole thing is a bunch of baloney. IOW, in order for the defense to make the prosecution look incompetent, they have to make Dworkin look incompetent as well.

If it wasn't already, the burden is certainly now on the defense. They need to show what they received - and it had better match what the state says they provided - and detail how he got from there to the findings he did.

BN has painted himself into a corner it seems. One of his claims Friday was that the state must have provided the wrong disk to Dworkin. (Providing the wrong disk seems to be an area of expertise for him, since he has done it twice already and needs another couple weeks before making a third try. Hmmm...) Juan can call Dworkin to prove that is untrue. I don't imagine Dworkin would be too happy about in effect getting called incompetent by the DT.

From elementary on the other thread:

No, he isn't. He's a paid witness for the defense.

AZ, I'm guessing the defense can pretty much decide what they want to reveal to their experts to study prior to testifying, but why would they choose to deliberately redact that line where JA responds to her father slapping her with "FU, Bill"? That gave JM a great opportunity to make DT look less than credible and JA less than meek.

IIRC in ca case JP made it clear that just because CA phone was triangulating as being at certain locations it doesn't mean that CA was in possession of the phone at that time. So the triangulation stuff was not used in the trial. Isn't this the same thing? If Travis' computer wasn't password protected how can they say just because it was his computer he is the one that had anything to do with *advertiser censored*. I don't care if he watched adult *advertiser censored* but one juror might, and IMO it should not be allowed to enter the trial unless it can be proven that it was him watching *advertiser censored*.

I'm still reeling from what Travis said to Arias:

""...you have been more a cause of pain than the death of my father. You are relentless in your torture of people that have loved you and protected you and served you. What do you do? You try to destroy them. You are the lowest of the low. You are sick and evil and knowing you makes me want to kill myself in punishment." "I don't even know if you are human...even when you are telling the truth, you are lying."

Tell me the truth: I hate you. Say it. I want the truth just once and then tell me why you hate me and desire to destroy my life. Why did you manipulate me into loving you? I was a good guy. Why did you have to do it to me? ...What was your objective? What was the point?...Even now you only talk but your actions show that you hate me."

And Arias' response "What do you want me to say? Whatever the purpose is. It's not marriage. It's not sex....you are like an Angel that gets snared by my evil influence,"

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/319045524955697

Now, this is a BOMBSHELL.

I wish so much that Juan would read this to the jury in his closing and then follow it with the bs voicemail *advertiser censored* JA left for Travis after she killed him.....her utter sociopathy/psychopathy could hardly be more evident

He also says at some point scrubbers made changes to thousands and thousands of files. Well, there was only two instances where this could have been done by the state. June 10th 2008 and July 19th 2009. He says on July 2008 about 2500 files were modified/changed. But says, overall, thousands of thousands of files were altered by scrubbers.

He's being misleading, no? Because obviously there was a time when scrubbers did their work before Travis was even murdered. And if that's the case couldn't scrubbers have done their work in July, as well? Him saying these scrubbers were installed at some point (looks at state) by someone (looks at Juan), how does he explain that there's no point in time that this could have been done by the state because it was only turned on once after it was seized by the state, (not including June 10th)?

Hope I'm making sense...I'm not even sure if I have this right.

Ya know Meebs, I'm not convinced he really knows that much about this area. He may think he does, but I'm not so sure.

I will say that the only good thing about this latest stall (and all the stalls really) is that the ATTENTION to this murderer loses steam. This stuff is so boggy and hard to follow that people who aren't really committed to seeing this through are moving on to something else that's easier to digest. And any and all attention that focuses away from this heinous MURDERER is ok in my book.
I'll keep using the focus on this trial to further causes I'm interested in (victims' rights causes and support of the Alexanders) but, outweighing that, is my desire for her to get the absolute worst punishment I think she could suffer which is to be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes