Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten that JA said she would be contacting a lawyer when texting/emailing/chatting however it was

This segment on dr Drew is interesting with the Hughes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgmHSxIlXMU

There's a theory that Travis was so upset because she was threatening to go public with the phone sex recording that she made. The lawyer reference would make sense since she recorded him while she was in CA and that's a two-party state (I think). Instead of bringing him in line like she hoped, it only made him more determined to get away from her. As a free agent he would be very dangerous to her reputation, which she cared about above all else, so he had to be silenced, permanently. I think the Hughes even said they believe the fight was mainly about the phone sex recording.

She want to get the *advertiser censored* in. I really don't think she is focused on the DP. I think she wants to use this time in front of the world to destroy Travis yet again. I really do. JMO

I agree. Even when it was clear such presentations to the jury are detrimental to her and her case she still absolutely insists it's presented and even highlighted. Personally I think her hatred for Travis is even greater than her own self preservation which for someone as narcissistic as she is saying a lot.

I spent a good part of yesterday just thinking about "B's" testiphony.

This is a hearing about the computers. It is not for the jury to decide the outcome. The "trier of fact" here is JSS.

Knowing this, how can the defense set up this clown show? They are there to convince JSS that the computer was knowingly and maliciously tampered with.

What do they do? They take this B person and coach him to be extremely obnoxious and antagonistic (or it's just the way he is). He says he didn't bother to investigate the prosecution's drive since he "knew," without even looking at it, that it was knowingly and maliciously tampered with. He just uses his own "professionals" to make a copy of some copy with freeware. He comes up with hundreds of thousands of *advertiser censored* hits.

When asked to provide the evidence of it, he insists he's slammed with work and can't do so until next Wednesday.

My questions for all you who know so much more than I is this: Do you believe that JSS is buying into this garbage? Why is she allowing this witness to behave so outrageously on the stand? Does the defense believe they have the judge in their pocket because she's not reined them in during this interminable trial? Or, is it that JA has instructed this "expert" to behave in this way?

BBM, not just coached him, but also had those super secret hand signals to tell him when to do such things. :)thinking: I'm surprised WAT hasn't referred to such this trial as it happened so often the last trial we saw)

nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg.html

nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg

http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/monkeyking1446/media/nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg.html

I agree. Even when it was clear such presentations to the jury are detrimental to her and her case she still absolutely insists it's presented and even highlighted. Personally I think her hatred for Travis is even greater than her own self preservation which for someone as narcissistic as she is saying a lot.

She has very little innate mitigators. Her strategy seems to be to make Travis look as bad as possible to lower the stark contrast between the two. It's the Godzilla vs. King Kong defense as opposed to Godzilla vs. helpless village.

I don't think there's necessarily any particular hatred toward Travis in this. To say that she can feel such hate towards another is to imply she can feel love for another as well. I don't think that's her motivation at all; it's cold, emotionless, self-interest. I don't think others, Travis included, are real enough to her for her to have real emotion towards them, either love or hate. She is self-interest incarnate, because only she is real to herself.

If I were an attorney, I would hesitate to hire someone who made such an overt and enthusiastic display of their personal allegiance to the hiring party. It would make me question the extent to which they could be impartial while looking at the evidence, and therefore the reliability of their findings. Or rather, whether their inevitably biased (paid for) opinion might too biased - tenuous and easily refuted. There would also be the risk of seepage on the stand, jeopardizing the credibility of their testimony. For instance, as in Laviolette's constant unspoken communication with the defense table.

This would be a concern regardless of their field of expertise.

I would rather play safe - or as safe as possible - and opt for an expert who appeared, at least, to be objective, in the hope that they'd be adequately impartial in their analyses as well, resulting in more reliable testimony.

So, at the very least, displaying his feelings doesn't seem like the wisest move on Neumeister's part, professionally speaking.

I have a bad feeling about this witness. IMO, he's missing something, if you know what I mean... His shaking hands with CMJA is just one aspect of what he's missing, like he was congratulating her or something. Maybe he envisions her as his soul mate... :scared: And, I really think he's so lacking that he's clueless about what kind of impression he makes on people. He really gives me the creeps. :scared:

Bet he leaves out how his"eye pic" was a laughing stock tho

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

“As soon as I saw that and they put it up on the screen, I thought, well ‘that’s a dog.’ And I can tell the court, if we take a look at exhibit number four, that what I saw: these right here, are the two ears [if you take a look at it], here’s the mouth and here are the eyes. This looks like it may be a stick that the dog has in its mouth. So, if I can make those avows and quite frankly that’s exactly what I thought as soon as I saw this, then there is nothing scientific about this.”

~ Juan Martinez

Matts hair is a very light brown. I guess you can call it dirty blond. I saw a pic of him on the net. Can't remember where but it was recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember Matt's last name?

Somehow I missed this, as I don't remember hearing before that the guy she was with at the car rental place had blonde hair. I thought the general consensus was it was her brother, but don't her brothers have dark hair ?

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/10/102214-retrial-day-2-cleaning-jurors.html#more
I always figured the car rental guy saw her DL, and remembered the blonde photo.

Not that im defending her. With that being said, Juan did push on this during the first trial as to when she went brunette (while passing through Socal), and she did take the selfie.

Matts hair is a very light brown. I guess you can call it dirty blond. I saw a pic of him on the net. Can't remember where but it was recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pic in my folder of him, not sure I can post it since it might qualify as 'sleuthing' him.

Does anyone know where I can find the police report from the break in at Granny's house. I thought I had seen on here before.

Thanks geevee, That's just what I was looking for. I'm trying to determine exactly when Jodi's laptop was taken as evidence and if it was a Dell. I know that a damaged external hard drive was also found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx