Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the inside? Not that I know of.....but I do clean my counter appliances on the outside probably every other day. I like for them to shine and sparkle. Most of them are stainless steel. LOL! I polish my chrome kitchen faucet everyday though. :) But I am the kind of nut that just likes to clean.:D

You are the very person who should avoid threads like the Erika Murray thread - (just a warning). Sorry for the OT just couldn't resist.

a peaceful day of Christmas shopping to read the newest Nurmi-motion. I don't for a minute believe there is anything of substance there. It doesn't even make sense. If someone can now tell that files were deleted, the DT expert could have also found them as everyone knows deleted files aren't really deleted. I would guarantee Det Flores and Juan both know this too. Not that they would ever do something so stupid to begin with. For what purpose? That your victim looked at *advertiser censored* is not a defense to murder. Even if Jodi really, really thinks it is or should be. It isn't. And if someone were going to tamper, I would think a detective who has been invovled with countless cases knows deleting files doesn't delete them and would have done a much better job.

Delay, obfuscate, deflect, and trash the vicitm some more. That's what's going on here, as always. Nurmi wants this waaaay out in the public sphere. Hopefully, maybe a jury memeber or three will get wind of this. Maybe he can cause a mistrial. Whatever he is up to I know it isn't simply filing a motion in good faith. Let's remember all the prior "prosecutorial misconduct" he alleged. None of it was true. Neither is this. Obviously, this is all just IMO, but I just really don't believe it has any merit. Especially since it was "broadcast" by Kiefer. That guy must be exhausted from carrying so much water for the defense. I can't believe his paper hasn't reined him in. I find him to be devoid of credibility-kind of like Jodi and the defense team-like certainly attracts like.

Having taken several deep breaths:

1.) If the worst happened and a mistrial was declared that does NOT mean "she walks". It would mean a new trial. There are actually murderers who have ended up having three trials! Let us hope this one doesn't go that way.

2.) If I have read the motion correctly the Defense Team had Lonnie Dworkin of Compufor examine the hard drive. He testified that he found no *advertiser censored*. In the motion the Defense is saying the reason he didn't find any *advertiser censored* is because Menendez had already deleted the 1,000 files.

Why would Lonnie Dworkin of Compufor not have found evidence of those erasures when HE examined the hard drive? It is not like it was only one or two files, we're talking a thousand file deletions were missed?? On a computer that had NO FURTHER ACTIVITY after the death of the owner. Meaning that the "empty spaces" that are created on the hard disk when a deletion occurs would not have been filled in by later data being stored in those empty spaces on the disk.

I do NOT believe this situation is the result of any "virus". Now, I notice that Nurmi does not state who has conducted this latest "Forensic Analysis" for Ms. Arias. What if it is her high-school nephew? There is nothing in that motion that indicates who it was. And all Nurmi has to do is say that he believed it to be true, correct? In fact, could he not end up withdrawing this motion?

As Steve44 mentioned in his post, this can all be forensically tracked. The judge can order three independent firms to perform forensic analysis of the hard drive and see what each of them has to say. But that will take time.

I think there are all kinds of games being played here. And I think Mr. Nurmi is playing them. Remember, he wanted off this case. Badly. He applied several times to get off the case and each time the judge denied him. Well, now, I suspect he has made a kind of perverse game out of it for himself. And yes, I think he is trying to wear the Judge down to the point where she just says "Oh, hell, okay, I'll take the damn death penalty off the table".

This guy is an arrogant inflamer. He makes me want to barf!!!!!

michaelbkiefer

And under Arizona law, I don't even have to tell the court who my sources are. Sorry. Take a Valium. #jodiarias

Monday November 10, 2014 8:13

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

https://twitter.com/michaelbkiefer

Sorry facts upset so many of you. Not everything magically appears on the internet. Some motions are on paper. It is what it is. #jodiarias

OK, I'm caught up again, so much that my eyes are crossed and my brain scrambled, so if I'm not "getting it", please be gentle. I know enough about computers to be dangerous, but even so this is just not making sense to me. Those of you who go to sleep reading computer type stuff just scroll on by but I'm hoping someone will understand my confusion and point out where I got so confused.

Melendez testified he was at the scene on the 9th, said the computer was asleep when he checked it, so he powered it off and removed the plug. Came back the next day to pick it up and log it into evidence. I cannot seem to find the exact date for when he did his exam but it was June 2008 - I would suspect that it was shortly after bringing it in. He powered it on and did a mirror image using Encase & writeblock. He testified to most of what he looked at and it sounds like he did a thorough job, at least one good enough to have noted anti-virus activity but nothing like this was mentioned AFAIK. He stated there was no *advertiser censored*, no naked women, no browser history showing *advertiser censored* sites or software that users typically use to access *advertiser censored*. Defense had their guy examine this image and he found nothing either.

So a whole year later, according to Nurmi, Flores takes the computer out of evidence and deletes/shreds 1,000s of files, plus the browser history and registry. A detective does this, knowing full well that the forensics team has preserved the data from that computer a whole year prior?

Their new forensics person is somehow able to find evidence of this in a computer years after he says Flores deleted huge amounts of data. Am I correct in assuming they actually received the physical computer and that's where they found all of this? Someone up thread said it was found in overwritten files, although I missed reading where info this originated. But if they found them in 2014, and found evidence that the files were deleted in 2009, how do they explain the image copies that Melendez made days after the murder that don't show these deleted files? They had to have been there in 2008 to have been deleted in 2009, right?

Several here are talking about a trojan and antivirus cleanup being the reason these links were left on the computer. But if these files were on the computer, the anti-virus would have had to have been activated prior to Melendez making his image copy, so why did he or the defense expert not notice something like this? Whether or not anti-virus writes over the files it deletes, either Encase softwear or a forensic examiner would find a bunch of nonsense data that is used when a program wipes/overwrites files. Or there would be huge unallocated clusters from thousands of files being deleted if they were not overwritten. Both forensics guys would have noticed the anti-virus software startup in the activity logs too. But Nurmi says that Flores deleted all these files in 2009, so they couldn't have been left from anti-virus activity in 2008. Now if there were in fact only a few links planted by a trojan and then overwritten by anti-virus software, that might be easier to understand, but I still say Melendez would have noted it being activated in the activity log, and Nurmi is saying huge amounts of data were deleted/wiped in 2009.

Help?

Thanks. I'm thinking along the exact same lines as you are. Once again we have to wait and see how this plays out. If past history is any indication of the future, this is all a desperate smoke screen.

My one concern is that IIRC, Arias took the hard drive when she was acting pro per this summer. There was some crazy report about her not being able to start the computer, which made no sense at the time. In hindsight, I'm wondering if her PI actually did try to boot this computer and file changes happened then? With Arias, one never knows. If anyone can find a link to this report about her or her PI trying to start the computer, TIA.

once a pristine copy of the hard drive is made then nobody needs to ever examine the actual computer, a master copy of the drive should be kept by LE, and copies made off this for the defence and other experts to examine, I would like to know why anybody would sign out the actual computer,

It has to be! Phew ... what a relief.

But, do these viruses get on a computer from accesing *advertiser censored* sites? Spyware?

I have personally had spam emails that , years ago when I was still naive about the whole thing, I actually clicked on and opened ( I no longer click on them LOL )... There often was some creepy stuff there , that's all I really know about that.

once a pristine copy of the hard drive is made then nobody needs to ever examine the actual computer, a master copy of the drive should be kept by LE, and copies made off this for the defence and other experts to examine, I would like to know why anybody would sign out the actual computer,

But if that's true why delete files from the actual computer at all?

From the killers twitter page:

Det. Melendez justified no child *advertiser censored* found. Perjury or incompetence? Was he part of the ‪#‎coverup‬ ? ‪#‎JodiArias‬

P/C forensics & Mesa Police Chain-Of-Custody Log also show Flores tampered w/evidence that proved TA’s pedophilia ‪#‎dirtycop‬ #JodiArias

NEW FORENSICS EVIDENCE PROVES TA USED HIS P/C TO VIEW CHILD *advertiser censored*! #JodiArias & the truth are NOT strangers after all

BBM

Are they freakin kidding me? The killers whole life is a lie!

who knows if it has been tampered with, that is what the defence is saying but we have not heard from state yet, but it is very odd why somebody would want the actual computer and not a copy of the hard drive, and if it was ever tampered with them she is entitled to a retrial as there has been tampering with evidence and that should never be allowed,

Lonnie Dworkin stated that in his testimony on day 12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6OTb6vT04

I believe the testimony about those dates were related to when he received what was left of JA's computer, the one with the penis pic on it which JM objected to being admitted. Dworkin's testimony cont'd into the next trial day, and JM asked him whose computer was it, and he said it was JA's. That was the one that they had to send to TX to recover/repair, IIRC. I think he got the image from TA's laptop much earlier, but can't find the date...

I believe the testimony about those dates were related to when he received what was left of JA's computer, the one with the penis pic on it which JM objected to being admitted. Dworkin's testimony cont'd into the next trial day, and JM asked him whose computer was it, and he said it was JA's. That was the one that they had to send to TX to recover/repair, IIRC. I think he got the image from TA's laptop much earlier, but can't find the date...

IIRC The penis picture was found on her phone. (It was DB's penis though- IMO)

Wasn't it?

I suppose Nurmi could claim LE deleted the stuff and then this was then provided as the original to the DT for analysis after over writes were made.
Yes! This is still not good. Why would Nurmi pull this stunt if had nothing to back up this motion?
:scared:

Is this person an actual professional journalist? I really don't know who's who in Arizona journalism, but if he is a professional, he is sure behaving childishly.

This guy is an arrogant inflamer. He makes me want to barf!!!!!

michaelbkiefer

And under Arizona law, I don't even have to tell the court who my sources are. Sorry. Take a Valium. #jodiarias

Monday November 10, 2014 8:13

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

Sorry facts upset so many of you. Not everything magically appears on the internet. Some motions are on paper. It is what it is. #jodiarias

Don't worry, everybody. Example: the sex tape. How did that lost and then miraculously found recording help her get out of M1 & especially cruel?

Juan has got this.

It's weird, for sure, but let's not worry yet.

So what is on the agenda for tomorrow? What time are/were they supposed to start?

In the case of TA's computer, that's exactly what they did, worked from the image copies. In the case of JA's broken computer, I believe defense asked for the computer itself because the lab that tried to fix the damage was not able to recover the 1st sector, but a master copy was made of what they were able to recover and an image copy of that was given to Dworkin along with the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20