Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Flores shows her that her phone did ping in Arizona and explained something about the towers and mountains? This is when she's rambling on about how she finally found her phone charger that was under the passengers seat, and she didn't know where she was with her poor sense of direction and ran out of gas and was "stranded" for several hours. She never says how she got gas in her tank in that story IIRC. No mention of anyone coming along with gas cans in their trunk to help her out.

So, how was she stranded for several hours when she had gas cans in her own trunk?

After days of decomposition would stun gun markings have even been detectable though?

I honestly don't know, though you would think they would decompose faster than regular skin that's undamaged. Part of the problem might be if TA had lots of large freckles or body acne that might disguise stun marks, especially if it had been used inefficiently(not very long or perhaps not with proper contact due to the angle). I know just from viewing his autopsy pics, there's a couple of marks on his left back shoulder that look like they could have been stun marks, like the example shown above.

Re: photos of the shower shoot...

Possibly those white zigzags are from a stun gun! Or something else, but what else could it be? I think it's called arcing, that thing that electricity on the move does that is visible? Could it be that stun gun does not arc at all and its shock is not actually visible in person but something a camera might pick up?

Slight change of direction.....Those photos struck me a little differently than they had before. It doesn't look to me as though TA knows JA is there until 5:27, or at least right then he notices something. No photographer is going to create such terrible photos, unless they were also doing something else at the same time, like organizing a knife. It seems as though in the 5:30 photo, TA has already been stabbed. No doubt you folks have already discussed this?

With her history, I'm sure TA would have requested a paternity test....
-----------
Hi, everytime I see anything about pregnancy I wish I could find a certain transcript. This was late in her being questioned on the stand. As God is my Judge I heard her say they only had vaginal sex ONCE!! she said it was a disaster.. Why? I don't know but after seeing the pictures of her (ahem) my mind went into overdrive. I tried to find it and I cant. IMO any story of pregnancy is a lie.
I cant believe I was the only one to hear it!:eek:

Re: photos of the shower shoot...

Slight change of direction.....Those photos struck me a little differently than they had before. It doesn't look to me as though TA knows JA is there until 5:27, or at least right then he notices something. No photographer is going to create such terrible photos, unless they were also doing something else at the same time, like organizing a knife. It seems as though in the 5:30 photo, TA has already been stabbed. No doubt you folks have already discussed this?

BBM

I have wondered that as well, esp. when I first noticed this area of the shower in that pic, it still looks like blood to me:

bloodflyingl.jpg

Why is so hard to believe Travis let Jodi in? The only thing they had in common was sex and I highly doubt Travis was getting it from anyone (Mimi).

JMO

I keep wondering if JA had the knife in her hand while picture taking of Travis in the shower. She may have swiped at him with the knife and he ducked to the floor - hence the floor pic in the shower. He then attempted to scramble out on hands & knees where she started stabbing him in the back.

I think the pic @ 5:28:54 might be both of TA's arms crossed - maybe the right arm over the left - he is attempting to open or hold the door closed? Just a guess

Or Jodi may have had her stun gun

Thanks ILikeToBendPages. I need a few books for my Kindle reading so I'll look it up. In the movie, the warden tells Marie 'Your artwork is an inspiration to us all.' LOL. Someone ought to tell Arias that seducing men, murdering them, playing the victim and then singing and drawing in prison are all old, old tricks.

Well there is a fire sale of her artfart going on now.

Coming out of lurking...but something has always bothered me...i hope i can explain it right...why did Travis sit down in the shower??? If it was for a photo...i'd be afraid some body parts would show that i didn't want showing...and if it was because he saw her holding a weapon and she ordered him to sit..what weapon was she holding??? If it was the knife and i was Travis, i wouldnt sit..i'd take my chances and jump out at her. If it was the gun..i'd sit but i think the stabbing was first...but how did Jodi have a camera, knife and gun in her hands...sorry just one of the many things that i wonder about...back to lurking.

So, how was she stranded for several hours when she had gas cans in her own trunk?

CMJA definitely is a sloppy liar, isn't she? That's the problem with lies, no matter how well you lie or how many different lies you tell it will never hold up to facts or evidence. I noticed little hiccups in her interviews that she would state the truth then correct herself shortly after like in describing the ninja scene she slips up and says that a man had the gun, but then the female in the story ended up with one after first saying they were 2 white Americans. Also in the scene she says when was standing up,um I mean when he was sitting down. If you REALLY read into her words, it's very telling

Why is so hard to believe Travis let Jodi in? The only thing they had in common was sex and I highly doubt Travis was getting it from anyone (Mimi).

JMO

Perhaps because many of us would never sleep with someone ever again if they had done to us what JA had done to TA, so cannot envision him doing it either.

That photo of his face staring, it creeps me out. I've said it before but it looks like he is about to cry. I wonder if he has seen the knife at that point and knows she is about to attack him and he has nowhere to go?

I've seen the same thing you have and it creeps me out too.

Ok ... warnings: not nice to do; foul language; etc

But ... notice how showering friend is immediately down on floor of shower/tub and still conscious.

Guy Uses a Stun Gun on his Showering Friend

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/927870/

That dude is a psychopath. Whoever was filming him is a psychopath too. JMO

After days of decomposition would stun gun markings have even been detectable though?

Good point.

Perhaps because many of us would never sleep with someone ever again if they had done to us what JA had done to TA, so cannot envision him doing it either.

I've had a very hard time reconciling that question myself. That's the most mystifying part of this. JMO

JMO

yes. He hadn't had anything but phone sex since she left in April. MiMi had put him firmly in the Friend Zone. He was leaving on weeklong vacation with Friend MiMi so what's the harm in sleeping with Jodi when she drops in with the car payment?

In the very same conversation where he angrily calls her every name he can think of he also says they both know that he always takes her back into his bed.

I forgot to quote the post, but somebody up thread said they thought Jodi would try to trap Travis in a pregnancy thing. I'm not sure about that. If it was found out that it was before marriage they could be in deep doo doo with the church and I believe could face expulsion. A quickie wedding would look suspicious too. It's also possible she can't have children. :dunno:

If Jodi was ever pregnant, it would have been screamed from the rooftops of the Maricopa Court House and the Estrella Jail. No pregnancy with Travis. No Nurmi hula hooping or Mott' prancersicing. lol jmo

Coming out of lurking...but something has always bothered me...i hope i can explain it right...why did Travis sit down in the shower??? If it was for a photo...i'd be afraid some body parts would show that i didn't want showing...and if it was because he saw her holding a weapon and she ordered him to sit..what weapon was she holding??? If it was the knife and i was Travis, i wouldnt sit..i'd take my chances and jump out at her. If it was the gun..i'd sit but i think the stabbing was first...but how did Jodi have a camera, knife and gun in her hands...sorry just one of the many things that i wonder about...back to lurking.

She only needed one hand for the camera so holding a gun or a knife shouldn't have been difficult, especially if it was a stun gun, they're really not very big. However, a stun gun doesn't not always incapacitate everyone, especially the cheap ones you can buy for street use(it's like using one of those disposable cameras and expecting great pics).

Now if she did use the stun gun on him in the shower, that would surely explain him dropping so quickly in that small space and his alleged cries of not being able to feel his legs(plus I can just see JA taunting him in there with it while she berated him and flashed her knife/gun ... ) and I could see how he may have tried to scramble out of there leading to JA grabbing her knife(possibly from her waist or ankle, or even running and grabbing one from the bedroom while he was stunned, maybe she thought the stun would electrocute him to death in the shower). Heck, maybe she had threatened to shoot him with her pistol first and TA managed to knock it out of her hand so she "had to" get the knife.

Anyway, when TA had come out of the shower from that sitting position JA could easily have jumped him, stabbing him wildly while he tried to roll over and fight her off. While she was on top of him as he was trying to ward off the thrusts/slashes she could have plunged it into his chest at that point, and as he still wasn't dying and in fact had managed to drag himself up to the sink whilst she was still stabbing him in the back, head, etc then tried to get down the hall and out she slashed his throat and dragged him back(probably still thinking she could clean everything up and be gone with no trace left of her) to the bathroom. He likely let out a gurgle at that point and thinking he was still alive shot him for insurance.

Ugh, I almost feel like I was there with trying to get in her head....:notgood:
time to log out for the night and go wrap some prezzies for the family.:juggle:

yes. He hadn't had anything but phone sex since she left in April. MiMi had put him firmly in the Friend Zone. He was leaving on weeklong vacation with Friend MiMi so what's the harm in sleeping with Jodi when she drops in with the car payment?

In the very same conversation where he angrily calls her every name he can think of he also says they both know that he always takes her back into his bed.

I read that as him saying it in the past tense... I suppose I could be wrong but I have two sons, both now about his age at the time and neither would ever sleep with someone they felt that way about, it's way easier to take care of it in the shower on their own and they're not worried about angering a religion that frowns on masturbation, let alone premarital sex like TA was. My youngest has had a few women that have chased him for literally years, including one or two ex's that would like to hook up with him again, but once he's "done" with them that's it, he barely wants to talk to them let alone be intimate.

Personally I think TA was "done" with her after that last call and in fact JA referenced when she had decided she was "done" with TA when talking to Det.F. From what I could figure out timeline wise, it was when she sent him those pamphlets and then followed up with the "scissors" letter.

K, I'm really out for now..:gaah:

I think she was taking the pics....talking/directing him into poses. She either had knife in her clothing or concealed it in the bathroom. She has him sit down either to "pose" or to look at the pics...maybe the knife is under the bath mat....she drops the camera, grabs her knife and springs on him. He staggers from the shower, dying but trying to flee. Stunned, he makes it to the sink where she puts the nine wounds in his back so he again staggers but falls at the end of the hall and watches as the girl he had in his bed hours earlier stepped past him, blocking his escape then put the knife to his throat.

I read that as him saying it in the past tense... I suppose I could be wrong but I have two sons, both now about his age at the time and neither would ever sleep with someone they felt that way about, it's way easier to take care of it in the shower on their own and they're not worried about angering a religion that frowns on masturbation, let alone premarital sex like TA was. My youngest has had a few women that have chased him for literally years, including one or two ex's that would like to hook up with him again, but once he's "done" with them that's it, he barely wants to talk to them let alone be intimate.

Personally I think TA was "done" with her after that last call and in fact JA referenced when she had decided she was "done" with TA when talking to Det.F. From what I could figure out timeline wise, it was when she sent him those pamphlets and then followed up with the "scissors" letter.

K, I'm really out for now..:gaah:

Our son has an ex who has chased him. A few times he gave in despite knowing better. Everyone is different.

Travis kept sleeping with her after she slashed not one but two sets of tires! After she ran his phone, sent emails to girls he dated, caused friction with his friends (the Hughes). They were toxic. Sex, argue, sex argue, make up sex, phone sex, text fight...they did this pattern for 21 months.

Our son has an ex who has chased him. A few times he gave in despite knowing better. Everyone is different.

Travis kept sleeping with her after she slashed not one but two sets of tires! After she ran his phone, sent emails to girls he dated, caused friction with his friends (the Hughes). They were toxic. Sex, argue, sex argue, make up sex, phone sex, text fight...they did this pattern for 21 months.

However, JA kept denying the tires and afaik TA had no proof it was her. Now the pedo pamphlets she claimed to have sent him, that could easily have been the last straw(can you imagine if someone sent you something like that and said they were going to go public with claims of it??!) and from the letter she followed up with I think she realized that. Plus whatever that scamming remark was about(ie. if she had hacked into his bank account, or they had actually had had a joint one, perhaps she'd emptied and closed it/them out, heck maybe she somehow got a payout for the car and left him to finish the payments for it) and then there was the issue of having stolen his journals too, something that from his book excerpts sounded very important to him.

Surely TA had limits on what he would take before writing her off and I honestly don't think sex was enough of a payoff for what she had put him through by then for him to let it go, not even for one last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop