Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her journals or diaries bother me because I'm positive I've seen something in them in a written work before. When I first heard about this case, I thought I was bothered because Travis could have been one of my friends or brothers. We aren't Mormon, but I hope I'm coming across correctly. Decent guy, not perfect- but human. Sexually active, dating, morally conflicted, but wanting to have fun and a sucker for a pretty face. However, it's become more for me.

I've been listening to the podcast Serial. I'm truly conflicted on Adnan Sayed's true guilt or innocence. No. I'm not. If I were a juror, I'd vote not guilty. There are many cases with people wrongfully convicted. Jodi Arias is not one of them. It's sad that in a world where people are railroaded due to gender, race, or class- that this monster is clearly taking advantage (and has been her whole life) of her gender. She's literally banking on "I'm a girl!" No. At one point you become a woman. And if it wasn't when you moved on your own, it had to be when you committed murder. Comparing Jodi Arias to Adnan Sayed- whom has no evidence against him but a confession or accusation bought by the state- whom has not blamed anyone. He's just said he's innocent.

Tiger09.. I will be driving for 8 hours tomorrow and i forgot to get a book on tape ...and somebody just this very day said to listen to this !! They just texted me the link at http://serialpodcast.org/

Guess it is making the rounds . Do you recommend ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

TEXT MESSAGE 04-08-2008 (to JA from TA)

04-08-08 18:56 Travis-it was some stupid *advertiser censored* way of ruining yet another (?) of mine. Which you have done so much of mine. Bitter feelings are brewing in me towards you. If it keeps up I fear I will have a genuine dislike of you. I'm asking you before it gets to that to stop doing it, before I start seeking revenge. Your account with me is overdrawn. PS you need to start paying me back so you better start looking for a job.

Below is JMHO.... the statement in quotes jumped out at me.

"Your account with me is overdrawn."

The convicted murderer must have done a hellva con on Mr. Alexander to get him to have an account with her.

Something doesn't add up, she didn't have a permanent address in AZ, used his address and told him you can be on the account. I don't know but I would sure like more info on that above statement. I just wonder if this was another one of her doing it and telling him later after the fact.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rL3vP-YppFU/VJWmTpqHcHI/AAAAAAAABX0/mkBuxNl-Zv0/s1600/ART14.PNG

I had always thought too (as someone else thinks) that this meant emotional account, but now in viewing it in another way, might have meant a banking account, especially too as his next statement is about getting a job to pay him back. She might not have been able to get a bank account just in her own name (perhaps from previous banking situations) in Arizona without a permanent address. Interesting.........hmmmm.

Jodi's journal January 24, 2008

I drained my checking account to put money into his and then was hit with tons of fees, fees that he isn't going to pay, $96 worth. And he has the nerve to tell me to balance my checkbook. Nay, he didn`t just tell me that, he screamed it at me, and then proceeded to say that he wants to get a gun and put it to his head and pull the trigger.

I guess she forgot those texts from three days before on the 21st when she asked if he'd put money into her account yet. But the thing that caught my eye is -that last sentence. He had that little gun right there and handy in his closet. Travis wasn't a man that if he had a gun it wouldn't of been a little piss ant gun like her grandpa''s.

I remember reading Paul Saunders article," The 13th Juror" (not to be confused with the current 13th juror in case Nurmi is reading) and he said he saw a juror flip back through his notes after reading one of CMJA's journal entries. I wonder if this is what that juror may have figured out.

Three days after finding Travis in his bedroom on his bed masturbating to a picture of a little boy, and Jodi's happy to be back in it.

Jodi journal entry January 24 2008

I`m trying very hard not to be in a state of blame right now, but if it weren't for Travis borrowing all of my money, I`d be in San Diego tonight. I spent $40 on two super Saturday tickets to see Jeff Olson (ph) and visit with my friends that I miss very much, but I've been squeezed dry and then some because of him.

I drained my checking account to put money into his and then was hit with tons of fees, fees that he isn't going to pay, $96 worth. And he has the nerve to tell me to balance my checkbook. Nay, he didn`t just tell me that, he screamed it at me, and then proceeded to say that he wants to get a gun and put it to his head and pull the trigger.

I was crying because it distresses me to see him like that and because I know all too well and first-hand what it is like to be where he is1. So it was with great compassion that I calmly, sweetly, to my best ability, soothingly told him that everything was going to be all right, that, like always, this, too, shall pass, that I promise everything will be worth it in the end.

I wanted to soothe away his worries. He was under more stress than I had ever seen him. He was really despairing today. I lended him another $80. I went to the bank for him to deposit it into his account since he said he doesn't want to step foot in that bank again today. By the time we had parted, things seemed a little better.

True, I could just marry Travis, but as wonderful a guy as he is, I just don`t think we are quite right for each other. I'm a little too sensitive. Although I prefer to think of it as Christ-like. And he is a little too rough around the edges although it is nearly impossible to imagine my life without him right now, he is amazing and he can cheer me up in a snap by singing me songs and holding me close. I like it when we cuddle. That`s the very best. On my bad days he brings me up, but I fear I rely on him too much for that sometimes. He is way too stressed in his own issues. He invariably suggests that we both distress by, well, being naughty. And although it is a temporary relief I think it is causing more problems. Besides, if it is something that I can`t tell my bishop then I probably shouldn't be doing it.

Well, today was interesting to say the least. Highs and lows. Travis was obscenely mean to me, but then he was extremely sweet and apologetic. It`s easy to forgive him when I remember who he is, who I am, and who we all really are, which is divine offspring, children of God.

He`s so hard to say no to. We totally made out afterward. But he was so sweet and kind and attentive the entire rest of the night. It was a long drive back from Las Vegas. Travis was being extremely impatient, but eventually he got over it. So I raced home, freshened up, and headed over there with tootsy pops. He makes me want to be so naughty. And naughty we were. We went all the way again. It was different this time. He was different. He was tender and sweet and loving. He said he had been planning and hoping for this. He said he wanted to savor the moment and make it last as long as possible. He asked me if I felt guilty and I said yes. Then he told me he wanted this because he wanted us to always have something special. Perhaps it was like closure for both of us.

So we know the day the tootsie pops were involved and that they went all the way for the second time. IIRC Jodi tells Travis in the sex phone call that he made her feel like a Goddess the day he had rose petals and candles down the hall to his bathroom and around the tub. I think that is the "first" all the way sex. Jodi said that is didn't count according to Travis because it was underwater.

Wouldn't you be talking about sex acts more recent than four months ago? Jodi always seems to be in control and a saint while Travis is an short tempered and mean to her.

All the way sex after being broke up for seven months -

If you can read all of this on day it is so laughable. Nobody pats them self on the back as much as Jodi and her kind words of wisdom and gentle ways.

Her writings are exaggerated also: 1. not hard but "very" hard 2. took "all" my money but than spend 40 dollars on tickets 3. not just fees, but "ton" of fees 4. the one non exaggeration: he screamed at her for overdrawing her account again and and wants to put a gun to his head, he probably did not say pull the trigger ( poor guy had probably been in the bank most of the day trying to figure out her bank account 5. not compassion but "great" compassion 6. not despairing but "really" despairing 7. "just" marry Travis not marry 8. there is more, and as CMJA would say tons more exaggerated words not just in this one entry but throughout her journal

Her writings are exaggerated also: 1. not hard but "very" hard 2. took "all" my money but than spend 40 dollars on tickets 3. not just fees, but "ton" of fees 4. the one non exaggeration: he screamed at her for overdrawing her account again and and wants to put a gun to his head, he probably did not say pull the trigger ( poor guy had probably been in the bank most of the day trying to figure out her bank account 5. not compassion but "great" compassion 6. not despairing but "really" despairing 7. "just" marry Travis not marry 8. there is more, and as CMJA would say tons more exaggerated words not just in this one entry but throughout her journal

Lame, superficial and immature.

Travis was kind. He was mean.
He does so much for me. He took all my money.
He was tender. He was aggressive.
I can't marry him. I can't live without him.
Dear diary...he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me....:rolleyes:

Nothing profound or introspective in her journals but then again she is empty and dead inside.

When she says 'I lent him money' and 'he has squeezed me dry' what it really means is that she was paying him back--she is complaining about having to return money that is rightfully his. That's the sociopath we know so well--always the victim, forever the victim...oh what an actress she is-- always the gentle, calm one (never mind that she steals, snoops and stalks) manipulating everyone and everything without batting an eyelash and then blaming them for getting upset!

So true: It was probably closer to this: I had to pay him back and now I don't have any money for tickets to the Super Bowl. ( like, who can get 40 dollar tickets to any pro football game let alone the super bowl ) I drained my checking account because I didn't balance it again and was hit with overdrawn fees from the bank. Travis spent most of the day balancing my checkbook and at the bank and now he is angry with me. Now he won't marry me and I can't imagine my life without him so I start sobbing and become despairing? and I threaten to kill myself. TA comforts me by saying that we are divine offspring and children of God and holds me close. I know just what to do. It will be easy for me. I can cheer him up in a snap by singing songs and helping him de-stress by being naughty. It will only be temporary. He says this is causing more problems and we should not be doing this as I can't go to the Bishop again.

So true: It was probably closer to this: I had to pay him back and now I don't have any money for tickets to the Super Bowl. ( like, who can get 40 dollar tickets to any pro football game let alone the super bowl ) I drained my checking account because I didn't balance it again and was hit with overdrawn fees from the bank. Travis spent most of the day balancing my checkbook and at the bank and now he is angry with me. Now he won't marry me and I can't imagine my life without him so I start sobbing and become despairing? and I threaten to kill myself. TA comforts me by saying that we are divine offspring and children of God and holds me close. I know just what to do. It will be easy for me. I can cheer him up in a snap by singing songs and helping him de-stress by being naughty. It will only be temporary. He says this is causing more problems and we should not be doing this as I can't go to the Bishop again.

BBM
Super Saturday to see Jeff Olson (I think it's the business motivational speaker guy. I think that would have been of interest to Travis.)
http://smile.amazon.com/Jeff-Olson/e/B00GHXYY2Y

It's chilling to realize just how easily and completely she's able to twist reality to suit her fiendish desires.

That is some creepy stuff. I think it's. ...to steal a phrase from her....a divine blessing from Our Lord that she's no where near as smart as she believes she is as she doodles during testimony. (I highly believe Adnan Sayed during Serial when he- an innocent guy doodled and had his hands tied during two trials with no evidence as opposed to this defendant who took actual pictures of herself committing the crime. Notetaking, she's not doing.)

Didn't she briefly defend herself twice? Before the first trial and before this one?

That is some creepy stuff. I think it's. ...to steal a phrase from her....a divine blessing from Our Lord that she's no where near as smart as she believes she is as she doodles during testimony. (I highly believe Adnan Sayed during Serial when he- an innocent guy doodled and had his hands tied during two trials with no evidence as opposed to this defendant who took actual pictures of herself committing the crime. Notetaking, she's not doing.)

Didn't she briefly defend herself twice? Before the first trial and before this one?

Yes, the first time the pedo letters turned up. This time, the *advertiser censored* on his computer

Look at the date of the text!. Why didn't we see this email? Perhaps because the defense did not turn it over to Juan? Is this the proof that she doctored her journal? She says there were scandalous texts and videos. Wasn't the date of the phone sex call after this date?

May 22 is a few days before the texts from May 25/26 texts. Maybe she "found" the phone and tried to blackmail him with it, which is the reason he was angry at her.

I think what Jodi "ruins" is every relationship he tries to get into with any other woman, that's what the final argument was about. And yes, I agree she doctored the diary entries to suit her LATEST version of reality. She was overdrawn because the two checks she wrote Travis in January to cover what she owed him bounced and he had to cover she checks by giving her even more money. That's why he was broke. He was supporting her most of the time she was in Mesa, imo. Two hundred here...two hundred there....drip drip.

There's something weird about that sex phone call, in the first trial BN said he was hired to 'enhance' the audio on it because Travis' voice was very difficult to hear on the recording - why would it be that hers was easy to hear but not his? I don't use a cell but in things like replayed 911 calls and such it's easy to hear both sides of those recorded conversations, why would only Travis' voice need enhancement?

I will go with he is not as excited to be on the phone, and was mumbling. Jodi seemed to be speaking much louder.

Quick question...how do you record a conversation on a cell phone? There are devices that you can plug into a phone (landline) which will do the recording...and the person making the recording will sound louder...but just how did she do it?

ETA: just watched a youtube video that said you can use a digital recorder. Did she play it back as a phone call to her phone??

I just noticed something. In Juan's latest objection to the current motion, he says that JA bases the motion on the fact that the defense did not adequately investigate Travis' computer? Am I reading that correctly?

Edited to add a link to Juan's objection:

http://thetrialdiaries.com/wp-conte...lemental-motion-for-dismissal-of-charges1.pdf

IMO Judge Stephens needs to put a firm and unequivocal end to this issue so that no further motions are filed.

If she thinks the same way that I do, the existence of *advertiser censored* on his computer would not have changed the outcome of the first trial. Arias would still be perceived as unable to tell the truth. *advertiser censored* had nothing to do with any version of events on June 4, 2008.

Put this baby to bed.

What bothers me the most about her journals- and I'm sure I can't be alone in this- is that I know I've read parts of it somewhere. Here and there, random quotes and the style of writing is plagarized from other written works. It reads like a YA novel and trails like she wants to be pretentious and be almost Shakespearean or Bibical in her text. It's like she stole so much of the text and put it in so randomly that there's no way it could be proved. But there's no way anyone, even a crazy person like Jodi could do everything she did by July and copy a journal. .....right?

There is a minute entry discussing her journals and a handwriting analysis of them to determine whether or not she had written them. IIRC, the last journal started around January 2008, so it is conceivable that she could have written almost seven months worth of entries.

I don't believe that she re-wrote her journals; instead I think her journals reflect her psychopathy, including her fictionalized view of the world and her place in it. Her narcissism come shining through in her writing, whether it be her journals back then or writing now in blogs or letters to her supporters. She is one extremely twisted sister.

Here's the user manual for the Helio Ocean phone, on page 34 (left side) under Basic Operation: During A Call is Recording, it says you can record up to 3 minutes:

http://www.standupwireless.com/manuals/Manual_PANTECH_OCEAN.pdf

Under USB Connection (page 30 left side) it talks about saving music and video files to the phone, I suppose if she recorded the call on something else she could upload it to her phone and maybe escape the 3 minute recording limit on calls.

I never believed that call was all made on 5/10/08 because we have a text with the same date (plus or minus a couple hours) where Travis tells her she can get "Steve" to tie her to a tree, and in the phone call they're discussing that as a fantasy they'd like to come true. No way those two things happened within hours of each other.

Here's the user manual for the Helio Ocean phone, on page 34 (left side) under Basic Operation: During A Call is Recording, it says you can record up to 3 minutes:
http://www.standupwireless.com/manuals/Manual_PANTECH_OCEAN.pdf

Under USB Connection (page 30 left side) it talks about saving music and video files to the phone, I suppose if she recorded the call on something else she could upload it to her phone and maybe escape the 3 minute recording limit on calls.

I never believed that call was all made on 5/10/08 because we have a text with the same date (plus or minus a couple hours) where Travis tells her she can get "Steve" to tie her to a tree, and in the phone call they're discussing that as a fantasy they'd like to come true. No way those two things happened within hours of each other.

That sex phonecall recording was much longer than 3 min. (She may have recorded this onto a mini digital recorder and then uploaded it to the phone somehow.) She said in a journal entry that she had a recording on her lost/stolen phone that was later found in the aunt's car 2 years later, which she hadn't figured out how to replay for Travis. Wasn't the helio phone the one loaned to her from Gus Searcy? In that same journal entry she said her new phone arrived - was that a new one or the one from Gus?

Wonder if there was ever a digital voice recorder ever found - or did that also belong to Gus? Who knows . . . maybe it belonged to his secret passenger whom he refused to identify.

Is the clerk's office closed for 2 weeks over the holidays? What is stopping local news reporters from demanding copies of the transcripts of the secret witness testimony? Do we have to wait until JSS publically announces she has released them? (or could they be released but no one asked for them?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop