Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/3 -12/04 In recess w/hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be. Premeditation is premeditation. How ludicrous though to be going down the pedophilia route when Jodi doesn't even have children who could potentially be victimized. It's like she dug into a grab bag of vilest accusations that could be made against Travis and couldn't pick just one - she had to paint him into a monster only she's guilty of being. The man would have literally given a stranger the clothes off his back according to everyone else who knew him. :(

(I was married to a disordered abuser who was sent to prison for child rape. I cannot adequately describe how revolting it is that she used these allegations against someone trying so hard to be good, do good, and love others. It makes this case personal. It makes my skin crawl. And FTR, when I found out about my ex I didn't rush out to buy kid underwear for myself. I divorced him, got sole-custody of my kids, and offered my help in his conviction.)

Travis was much too nice to her. I would never have put up with even 10% of what he tolerated. There is no point in being nice to people like Arias. Not only will they not reciprocate but they will bite the hands that feed them and enjoy every minute of it.

I'm sorry for what you've gone through, BritsKate. I appreciate your insightful posts.

Context. Going thru BK notes, its clear that if court ran to regular 4:30 hour on the day media were kicked out and CMJA testified, the longest she could have been on the stand, TOTAL, is 3 hours. She only testified that one afternoon.

Did she not testify also the next day after the COA hearing, while they were waiting for the judges emergency order?

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Here is a tweet from WAT from yesterday:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 15h 15 hours ago

Who's ready for more #jodiarias tomorrow at 9:30am mt? Yay or nay?

:drumroll: And ... we're always ready here at WS !!!

Time to get this show on the road and over with !

Anyone know what time the testiphony starts today? I'm trying to plan my exciting day around the NASA launch, the trial, and oh yeah homeschooling my 4th grader, LOL.

I dont know what time it starts,

but I think I read on twitter where the nasa lunch was scrubbed. mo

I meant say launch

reckon Im hungery on a sub concious level lol

During the FCA trial, it was commented OFTEN how HHJP (for which, in his honor, his honor has his own smilie) was the best jurist that we had seen. He was quick from the bench and KNEW.HIS.STUFF in a split second. He was amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. :HHJP: :HHJP:

I thought he was a terrible judge. Still do. He practically handpicked the jury and his bias against the prosecutor was glaring. Couldn't stand him...

Someone else commented that they feared any Mormons on the jury could be a problem. Does it boil down to whether a Mormon would be more likely to:
a) Hold Travis's actions against him, see some sliver of what JA is saying, and possibly spare her life as a result; or
b) Be even more likely to realize that, while Travis had his troubles perhaps, she is a monster who invented all sorts of lies designed to use Mormonism to destroy him?

B in my opinion

:seeya: Good morning WS.

So far, I have identified one presented mitigating factor: 'Ms. Arias did the whole world a favour in her vigilante killing of Mr. Alexander and therefore the death penalty is not relevant. Indeed, she should never have been charged'.

As far as appellant issues:
1) The Constitution of the United States of America was written solely with the intent of preventing Ms. Arias from receiving a fair trial;
2) The State of Arizona should have or ought to have known that appointing Juan Martinez as prosecutor in this case would deny Ms. Arias any chance of success;
3) Judge Stephens erred in allowing the defence to delay all aspects of trial, thereby ensuring that Ms. Arias remained under the disciplinary control of the infamous Sheriff Joe for a minimum of six years;
4) The Hang 'em High media alone are responsible for all things that did not go in favour of the defendant;
5) Ineffective defence expert witnesses, who not only stole the words right out of Ms. Arias' mouth, but are now refusing to return their State funded per diems to her personal account.

Isn't she associated with the Geifner-Samuels group? If so, the head makes his money by providing continuing education credits at his seminars. If I am remembering correctly then that means she could have received some of her credits from Alyce, the keynote speaker, in the hallway accompanied by Snow White and maybe some of the seven dwarfs down the hall by the restroom. Wasn't one of them a Doc?

BBM

:laughcry:

It won't be. Premeditation is premeditation. How ludicrous though to be going down the pedophilia route when Jodi doesn't even have children who could potentially be victimized. It's like she dug into a grab bag of vilest accusations that could be made against Travis and couldn't pick just one - she had to paint him into a monster only she's guilty of being. The man would have literally given a stranger the clothes off his back according to everyone else who knew him. :(

(I was married to a disordered abuser who was sent to prison for child rape. I cannot adequately describe how revolting it is that she used these allegations against someone trying so hard to be good, do good, and love others. It makes this case personal. It makes my skin crawl. And FTR, when I found out about my ex I didn't rush out to buy kid underwear for myself. I divorced him, got sole-custody of my kids, and offered my help in his conviction.)

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. :hug:

I'm hoping this tactic backfires on her and disgusts the jury as much as it does us.

What has always struck me about CMJA claiming Travis is a paedophile is that she claimed he was masturbating to actually physical pictures of a boy. That he dropped them. So where did the pictures go? I don't think someone who is into that stuff is just going go throw it away and even if he did, the likelihood is that there would be more stashed somewhere in his house. The LE went through his home with a fine tooth comb, they found hairs, singular fibres from cushions, spots of blood on the dryer. They found not one indecent, or even worrying picture with a child in it. Not one!

And I don't for a moment believe that had they found pictures on Travis' hard drive that LE would just delete it and pretend it wasn't there. They would be looking to see if he had shared it with someone. They would be investigating where he got it from. They would be checking databases and files to see if they could identity the children in the pictures. No way would this go away. Police worldwide are and have been working flat out to try and arrest paedophiles and those sharing images online. Even if Travis was downloading pictures, the fact he was dead wouldn't stop police from investigating further up the chain. Add to that we have Detective Flores and Juan Martinez who have put everything they have into being Travis' voice for over 8 years. Do you think that as family men (and Flores is a mormon too) they would be as emotionally invested if he was a paedophile? Yes they could prosecute Jodi, but I don't think that they would be as invested and determined if they believed for one second he was a paedophile.

So that's why I believe that Travis never had any child *advertiser censored* pictures. EVER! I think it's just one of Jodi's many many attempts to smear his name. Notice that the domestic abuse supposedly meted out by Travis that was so heavily relied on in previous parts of her defense has been more or less forgotten now. It didn't work last time, so this time they are going with the "HE WAS A PAEDOPHILE" line.

BBM

Exactly! The prosecutor and police are going to just say; "Delete all of those child *advertiser censored* pictures. It would help the case of a young white pretty, to some, woman who's going on trial." I don't think so.

It opens my eyes to how searingly devasting the child *advertiser censored* accusations are to Travis' family. It's like a fourth kill.

For me, if she doesn't get the DP she's still gonna be behind bars for the rest of her life. Psycho's can put up a good act for awhile, but eventually it all comes crashing down. If it gets too bad the person can move away from those that hate them. CMJA won't be able to do that. As her lies are exposed over the years she spends with the same people her popularity will plummet and nobody will be her friend except for new inmates who'll get the 411 pretty quickly.

I do want to see her get the DP because the family wants it, and I'd like them to feel like justice was done for them.

Isn't she associated with the Geifner-Samuels group? If so, the head makes his money by providing continuing education credits at his seminars. If I am remembering correctly then that means she could have received some of her credits from Alyce, the keynote speaker, in the hallway accompanied by Snow White and maybe some of the seven dwarfs down the hall by the restroom. Wasn't one of them a Doc?

They might sell snacks at those things too. So it's possible she got her degree from a Crackerjaxx box.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Soaking wet but in the security line at #jodiarias trial.

Folks, it's only 26 min. to showtime! The defense has made this trial a farce rather than a drama.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Here is a tweet from WAT from yesterday:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 15h 15 hours ago

Who's ready for more #jodiarias tomorrow at 9:30am mt? Yay or nay?

:drumroll: And ... we're always ready here at WS !!!

Time to get this show on the road and over with !

I was hoping WAT would have some info on Juror #3

Question:

Any news on why Juror #3 was dismissed ?

JMO but I wish we would hear something from this jury ... not just about her dismissal, but her opinion on this re-trial.

:moo:

Going over BK's notes all in one swoop really helps put things in context.

What leaps out is that the DT's strategy very much relied on a probably very long turn on the stand by CMJA.

IMO, Dr. F was meant to tie together the "abuse" litany and pedo lie in one tidy poor CMJA package, after CMJA's star turn, and to put a stamp of professional approval on it.

Because that was the goal, and because CMJA's testimony was nipped in the bud early on, she didn't address the "remorse" part of the show.

If CMJA doesn't go back on the stand , she'll only have allocution to express remorse. And Nurmi has to know she's completely incapable of looking like she means it.

She needs Nurmi as a foil, asking her about every last thing and then asking her how she feeeeeeeeels, to spit out a twisted remorse story.

I predict she'll not only take the stand but will be there a long painful while. Its the only way left to address that key remorse thing she doesn't feel.

I was hoping WAT would have some info on Juror #3

:seeya: Hi grammieto!

We are on the same wavelength this morning because I was just asking if anyone heard anything about Juror #3.

Nothing from WAT ... but I'm hoping for something -- anything.

O
Question:

Any news on why Juror #3 was dismissed ?

JMO but I wish we would hear something from this jury ... not just about her dismissal, but her opinion on this re-trial.

:moo:

I think they are asked not to talk to media until after sentencing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412