Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering about this as well. From her words alone, I sense no remorse but transcripts don't portray body language so it's hard to say. One thing I find very telling is the fact JW doesn't ever ask if she needs a moment to regroup or a tissue or asks if she can go on. Suggests there wasn't a whole lot of real emotion expressed in that testiphony.

Jodi Arias' is the epitome of lack of remorse http://youtu.be/RJ49rzxe8Qo If the jury could see this.....

ITA.. i don't see Jodi letting this phase end quietly and just "letting" it go to the jury since the last one betrayed her. I think there's still worst to come

The more jury info showing JA remains a real danger to anyone unfortunate enough to cross her path and gain her hateful attention the better imo.

QUOTE SNIPPED FOR SPACE

Hi there,

It definitely seems that her personal experience has had a profound effect on how she views this case. Abuse does change women. And to some extent, I think many of us take our own life experiences, whatever they may be, and apply them to the cases we discuss. I know Lulu from some other cases and she's not an insensitive person, although I understand how her insinuation of Jodi suffering abuse would upset people. I don't agree with her views on that. These topics are ultra-sensitive and understandably, people are passionate about them. But I also believe we can discuss them from different sides of the fence as long as the commentary remains respectful.

I just posted my response to her on my blog and figured I'd share it here. There may be a few things in my post that people don't agree with, and then again, some will. Jodi is the worst of humanity, basically a violent animal that should never see the light of day. I can't state it any simpler than that. But I also think it's ok to look at the entire situation surrounding this case including Travis, religion, pyramid schemes, family issues, etc etc... for the purpose of learning. What happened with both of them was pretty messed up and perhaps there's a cautionary tale there. To some extent, I do agree that what happened in Mesa was the perfect storm. Here is my response so you can understand what I mean:

I appreciate your thoughts. They’re not the popular ones out in the public, but I appreciate you being brave enough to say them. There are some items I agree with and some I don’t. I do believe that Travis had some issues of his own that were not resolved. I think it goes a little beyond him just being a single guy who was a player. The bigger issue was that he was living a lie – preaching to groups of people and pretending to be living a Mormon life and he wasn’t. Nobody’s perfect, hey, we all do things we know we shouldn’t. But there’s a difference when you are preaching to a group of people and expecting them to live a life that you are lying about.

With that said – I do not believe that he abused her at all. He was pretty darn clear that he wasn’t going to marry her and she kept pursuing him. She wanted sex with him so bad whichever way she could get it. He didn’t make her do anything she didn’t want to. She even moved to AZ after they broke up even though he told her not to. His mistake was that he continued to sleep with her. You wave sex in front of a single man and most of them are going to take it. So I get that and cut some slack. But when he found out she was hacking his accounts, stalking him & his girlfriends, slashing tires, etc… he was crazy to continue to sleep with her. That’s just simply unexplainable, and seems to show his deeper seeded issues.

At the end of the day – Jodi is one insane, evil, beyond-repair criminal. I have no sympathy for her. Whatever she gets, she deserves. Was Travis responsible for his death? No, absolutely not. Did Travis make some very unfortunate, foolish mistakes that played a part in the grand scheme of what happened to him? Yes. Let me be clear. That does not mean he caused his death. I just wish he made different choices. We can learn from this.

The thing that's hard about discussing this case with many people is that emotions are exceptionally high and people tend to be radically on either side of the fence. Myself, and Nick, believe that you can have a civil conversation about all of it without being a supporter, hater, troll.. and whatever else some may call you. I have been called a hater and a supporter online, which is outlandish. Nothing could be further from the truth. Interrogating people and the decisions they make is important in life. It helps us to understand humanity and be better people. Again, thanks for being honest and brave about how you feel. I disagree about LaViolette and about the abuse, but respect that you have a different opinion. Chat soon.

Hi Lisa!

The reason this trial resonates with so many people that never knew Travis is at some point everyone has met or their best friend has or their dating age child has.....someone who has a little of Jodi Arias' traits and it stops one dead in their tracks with the ..... if not for the grace of GOD.....thoughts.
It is common to hear someone say that chick drove me nuts but the sex was so good I just couldn't totally say goodbye. The biggest question for me when I have a friend going through a protracted break up or divorce is......why the back and forth.

I always tell them

You MUST be CLEAR and CONSISTENT

Erase their contact information
Change your locks
If they call, hang up
It they show up at your door, don't answer it
If they come to work have your secretary tell them you are busy
Block them on your e mail, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook

sending mixed messages and having sex sometimes or even talking on the phone does NOT end the relationship

If you truly do not want him, let someone else have him. The only way he can open that new door is if yours is closed. Forever and he accepts that.

It is clear Travis had his choice of many women to date. Jodi was not the only one willing to have sex either. Every single friend he had, without exception, counseled him, nudged him, even yelled at him....she is unstable, fatal attraction, off the deep end, run don't walk.

So the question of why he continued to have sex with her is a sincere one. This is a cautionary tale. If we have any young people in our lives that we have influence over....we need to teach them there is NO such thing as "friends with benefits". One person is always longing for it to turn into more. I have another dear friend that was murdered in a love triangle. It just is not something to play around with. The fact that Jodi Arias didn't feel she deserved any better than having to chase after a man who CLEARLY did not want her tells she did not think much of herself. That is lesson #1 to teach our children to truly value themselves. Sex is not a game is lesson # 2. Run, don't walk when you see signs of someone being unstable is #3, and not necessarily in that order , as my Gram would say.

I want Jodi Arias to get the death penalty. Certainly. I also want to know SOMETHING can be learned from this horrific tragedy. Justice 4 Travis!

Jodi Arias' is the epitome of lack of remorse http://youtu.be/RJ49rzxe8Qo If the jury could see this.....

I'd never seen that interview. Certainly shows her lack of remorse, but also how easily the lies flow and her extreme vanity. And, best of all, illustrates how much she's going to hate wearing all orange every day, all day, for the rest of her life.

If you haven't heard.....
Det Perry Smith was ordered to interview with court and Nurmi yesterday, at 12:30 PM. Guess they took advantage of the dark court day. Also, it was ordered that Jodi receive a new investigator from the public defenders office.
Guess we will see Det Smith in court today. :)
(As for new investigator, maybe she fired Dorian Bomd and that was the big mystery on Tuesday.)
Above is per court documents.

Anyone know? Because of the AZ Supreme Court ruling, does JM get to cross JA on what she has already testified to in secret? Thx
No because Jodi is declining to finish her testimony due to "mental illness" and Juan did not object. This happened in open court. Juan can, however, bring in anyone to refute what she said in secret and he did that with DeMarte and some with Geffner. That will continue. Judge also said the three questions from jurors must be answered.

No because Jodi is declining to finish her testimony due to "mental illness" and Juan did not object. This happened in open court. Juan can, however, bring in anyone to refute what she said in secret and he did that with DeMarte and some with Geffner. That will continue. Judge also said the three questions from jurors must be answered.

And I would presume that the three questions must be asked and answered in open court given the COA ruling and AZ Supremes denying review.

Change your locks
If they call, hang up

Sending mixed messages and having sex sometimes or even talking on the phone does NOT end the relationship

I think the availability of sex was at most only a minor reason TA didn't follow ZoeyW's excellent to-do list above. I see the sex as a defense mechanism by TA to avoid having JA harm herself, harm/harrass innocent bystanders, ruin his business prospects, destroy his church/community standing, etc. Iirc TA wasn't confrontational in dealing with his very, abusive mother either. He turned his back so the blows were less painful, but he didn't call police. I think he did run away at some point for his grandma's, but there was no place TA could run where JA wouldn't follow. JA was like a live grenade, and TA tried his best to keep the pin from being pulled.

Once again I will say, we need a "double thanks" button or a "snark" button cuz sometimes nothing else will do. LOL

LOL

Lately, I've been mainly on the other thread to partake in the daily trial discussions.

Yesterday was interesting with the "rumble". LOL

What about the lights?
On Day 32 when Demartes testified she stated;

“One incident references that Travis Alexander was upstairs in his house with Lisa Andrews. The lights suddenly went out,” DeMarte explains. “Travis went downstairs to investigate and he turned the circuit breakers back on. He did not admit until later to Lisa that he discovered Arias downstairs.

Hi Lisa!

The reason this trial resonates with so many people that never knew Travis is at some point everyone has met or their best friend has or their dating age child has.....someone who has a little of Jodi Arias' traits and it stops one dead in their tracks with the ..... if not for the grace of GOD.....thoughts.
It is common to hear someone say that chick drove me nuts but the sex was so good I just couldn't totally say goodbye. The biggest question for me when I have a friend going through a protracted break up or divorce is......why the back and forth.

I always tell them

Change your locks
If they call, hang up

sending mixed messages and having sex sometimes or even talking on the phone does NOT end the relationship

If you truly do not want him, let someone else have him. The only way he can open that new door is if yours is closed. Forever and he accepts that.

It is clear Travis had his choice of many women to date. Jodi was not the only one willing to have sex either. Every single friend he had, without exception, counseled him, nudged him, even yelled at him....she is unstable, fatal attraction, off the deep end, run don't walk.

So the question of why he continued to have sex with her is a sincere one. This is a cautionary tale. If we have any young people in our lives that we have influence over....we need to teach them there is NO such thing as "friends with benefits". One person is always longing for it to turn into more. I have another dear friend that was murdered in a love triangle. It just is not something to play around with. The fact that Jodi Arias didn't feel she deserved any better than having to chase after a man who CLEARLY did not want her tells she did not think much of herself. That is lesson #1 to teach our children to truly value themselves. Sex is not a game is lesson # 2. Run, don't walk when you see signs of someone being unstable is #3, and not necessarily in that order , as my Gram would say.

I want Jodi Arias to get the death penalty. Certainly. I also want to know SOMETHING can be learned from this horrific tragedy. Justice 4 Travis!

We must not forget what Juan said about them NOT being boyfriend and girlfriend for a year! Juan does not just say things like Nurmi does. He comes back and proves them!
All of the sexcapades we heard about were from the liars own mouth. The only real proof of sex is the sex tape and I believe that was made early on in the relationship and recorded onto the Helio phone later.

I had to remove a number of posts because of the back and forth last night about the lights. Please keep in mind that the "tweets" we receive from court may, or may not be reliable. Going back and forth about a detail that was reported differently by tweeters was unnecessary. If you feel you are being attacked by a poster/posters personally, you need to alert and a MOD will take care of it before it gets blown out of portion. If you can't agree change the subject. Realize some posters may not be able to let the subject go and that needs an alert.

Thanks, Lambchop

Hi Lisa!

I always tell them

Change your locks
If they call, hang up

Excellent Post.

The whole post is great. I highlighted the things that especially stood out to me.

It happens to people on either side of the relationship too.

As a guy, I can remember myself even being the person that wanted more out of a relationship when the girl was kindly and politely trying to dump me. LOL I took the hint and we stayed good friends but I do know the hurt and like you said we all have had experiences where we can relate to Travis situation he was in. The only thing different with Travis situation and many millions of others is that the person he was dealing with was that 1 in a million that was the type we usually only see in horror movies.

I thought JA told the judge she declined to continue her testimony because she was prevented from testifying. That would appear to be because she could no longer testify in "secret". When was it stated she could not testify due to mental illness. I can't seem to find that. Thanks, Lambchop

Amen to that!!
Excellent Post.

The whole post is great. I highlighted the things that especially stood out to me.

It happens to people on either side of the relationship too.

As a guy, I can remember myself even being the person that wanted more out of a relationship when the girl was kindly and politely trying to dump me. LOL I took the hint and we stayed good friends but I do know the hurt and like you said we all have had experiences where we can relate to Travis situation he was in. The only thing different with Travis situation and many millions of others is that the person he was dealing with was that 1 in a million that was the type we usually only see in horror movies.

Oceanblueeyes, you seem to have a very healthy outlook and I admire your courage. Its those like you who can see that Arias claims of abuse are ludicrous. And you also understand that men can be abused by women. Here is the link to a person of notoriety, a man, who along with his children, endured years of abuse from a wife who finally committed suicide. He lived a horrible life and could not stop it. I'm speculating too, when I add that 'divorce' was not looked at favorably, since his family are known to be Catholic. (I think that is true of the Catholics, but I'm not certain.) But she was Borderline.

Here's the link: The New Face of Borderline Personality Disorder: Mary Richardson Kennedy Abused Her Husband and Children and Committed Suicide as a Final Act of Revenge for Perceived Abandonment
http://shrink4men.com/2012/06/11/th...nal-act-of-revenge-for-perceived-abandonment/

What a great article! Thanks for sharing this. One (of the many things,) that spoke to me in the context of this trial is the term FOG, meaning Fear, Obligation, Guilt. The fog was not JA's, it was Travis'.

I think the availability of sex was at most only a minor reason TA didn't follow ZoeyW's excellent to-do list above. I see the sex as a defense mechanism by TA to avoid having JA harm herself, harm/harrass innocent bystanders, ruin his business prospects, destroy his church/community standing, etc. Iirc TA wasn't confrontational in dealing with his very, abusive mother either. He turned his back so the blows were less painful, but he didn't call police. I think he did run away at some point for his grandma's, but there was no place TA could run where JA wouldn't follow. JA was like a live grenade, and TA tried his best to keep the pin from being pulled.

BBM

I think you are totally correct.

What a great article! Thanks for sharing this. One (of the many things,) that spoke to me in the context of this trial is the term FOG, meaning Fear, Obligation, Guilt. The fog was not JA's, it was Travis'.

Totally agree. Article is Great article. Does this part remind us of JA. wow.

"During the courtship and love bombing stage with a BPD, the individual with BPD will mirror their partner’s passions and interests. These relationships are often characterized by an accelerated intense intimacy (fueled by the borderline pathology to secure a love attachment) with a rush to commit"

http://shrink4men.com/2012/06/11/th...nal-act-of-revenge-for-perceived-abandonment/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela