Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verdict watch is going to be pure hell

Thanks for the link to the Bad Seed BDE. Watching right now. Creepy that there was just a scene with bad seed putting on a pr. of glasses. No Auntie NO!!! Don't excuse her behavior YIKES!!!! This wont end well either!

I'm tuned in, as well. The movie creeps me out every time I watch :eek:

Good Morning! I'll admit to having had to catch up on the trial for the past two days. At least it was relatively short and sweet yesterday. I was most impressed with Dworkin's Heliophone testimony. Juan elicited that it's strange format could be because it was chopped up from an e-mail sent to the phone with the implication that JA could have done that.

My only regret is that we didn't find the word rediculous in it. Otherwise, however, it certainly doesn't sound like something Travis would have written as many others have pointed out.

Even if she had misspelled words that she routinely misspells, computers have the "autocorrect" on them and those misspellings would have been caught before she actually sent it. So the absence of misspellings in that "text" mean nothing. She still did it. Just impossible to prove. I know her computer HD was destroyed, but weren't there fragments that could have been analyzed? Sheesh

:tyou: BDE and Lamby !

:eek: :eek: Yep ! Braids and all !

th
th

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1341B1940A0629C236733858ED1D&selectedIndex=62

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1A51D49E0287567E33A4D411B3AA2&selectedIndex=2

I played Rhoda in my high school production of "The Bad Seed." Without braids, thank goodness!

Hi! Some posts were talking about ja & 'remorse'. In my opinion, she has never shown it. Even in her secret testimony, JW was trying to get there but it never happened. The closest she got was saying she 'wished she could do the day over.'
However, I do remember a motion by Nurms way back about 'precluding testimony about defendant showing remorse.' Don't remember exact wording. Anyone remember this? At the time, it was thought to mean that Juan couldn't ask any questions to witnesses about defendant's remorse over the murder. And it seems he hasn't done this. It seemed a weird motion given that remorse would be important given the chance of a DP.

Hi! Some posts were talking about ja & 'remorse'. In my opinion, she has never shown it. Even in her secret testimony, JW was trying to get there but it never happened. The closest she got was saying she 'wished she could do the day over.'
However, I do remember a motion by Nurms way back about 'precluding testimony about defendant showing remorse.' Don't remember exact wording. Anyone remember this? At the time, it was thought to mean that Juan couldn't ask any questions to witnesses about defendant's remorse over the murder. And it seems he hasn't done this. It seemed a weird motion given that remorse would be important given the chance of a DP.

IIRC, Nurmi's argument was Juan could not talk about JA's lack of remorse.

Thanks for the link to the Bad Seed BDE. Watching right now. Creepy that there was just a scene with bad seed putting on a pr. of glasses. No Auntie NO!!! Don't excuse her behavior YIKES!!!! This wont end well either!

Auntie doesn't seem to have a clue, eh? That's one of the creepiest films I've ever seen! Enjoy! (Whatever Happened to Betty Jane" ranks close behind if you're in the mood to binge on twisted). :)

Good Morning! I'll admit to having had to catch up on the trial for the past two days. At least it was relatively short and sweet yesterday. I was most impressed with Dworkin's Heliophone testimony. Juan elicited that it's strange format could be because it was chopped up from an e-mail sent to the phone with the implication that JA could have done that.

My only regret is that we didn't find the word rediculous in it. Otherwise, however, it certainly doesn't sound like something Travis would have written as many others have pointed out.

Yes, it doesn't sound like something most men would write. The syntax is def JAA imo.

Last night OWN had a 2hr Snapped on CMJA. I'd forgotten just how disturbing she was, the hate-filled stares at JM and Ryan Burns as he testified. One thing jumped out at me as I watched; I think the killer started plotting Travis' demise before she moved back to Yreka. I think one of the reasons she moved was to put distance between her and the crime, thinking in her warped mind she'd be less of a suspect.

Her lack of affect during her allocution, wow! She really is emotionally null, unless her anger is aroused, and she has a lot of rage, no doubt. I honestly believe she threatened Travis long before she slaughtered him; about outing their relationship. And I think the majority of the sex she claims happened never did. Seeing that seething hatred in her eyes and reading how she smiled as Nurmi demanded the court watchers be expelled tell me all I need to know about what kind of creature JA is. Now more than ever, I'm convinced she would kill again, and with very little provocation.

The fact that there is no remorse is probably why Nurmi doesn't want JM to question witnesses about it.

It's in our nature to want to assume that other people feel similarly as we ourselves do. We would feel remorseful about doing almost anything JA does: lying, manipulating, stalking, murdering. It's safer for the defense to keep the jury less informed about the defendant's complete lack of normal human emotions and hope that they naturally assume she has any.

Auntie doesn't seem to have a clue, eh? That's one of the creepiest films I've ever seen! Enjoy! (Whatever Happened to Betty Jane" ranks close behind if you're in the mood to binge on twisted). :)

It's on TCM today (1:15PM) following The Bad Seed. "Baby Jane" is among my least favorite Bette Davis films.

Like little Rhoda, JA's been surrounded by enablers all her life.

I've often thought the reason Jodi Arias bought the Glock was to go kill Lisa, Chris and Sky or all three. Travis' journal the last few months makes it clear that he regrets, ever so, messing around with Jodi as it cost him Lisa. Travis journaled that he realized he truly was in love with Lisa. He saw her as the one that got away. Jodi was just sex on the side.

Our member, LisaS. has not only co authored a book on this trial , but she writes interesting blogs. For those of you who aren't on Beth's site to see Travis' journals, here Lisa details them, quotes them. It is interesting to hear TRAVIS, rather than JODI
Juror13 blog https://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/travis-last-two-months/

By stark contrast, Dr. Randale blogs on Jodi Arias' diary http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-journal-entries-2/

I'd like to add another possibility. At the time of the murder, "instant messaging" was a huge service that many used befored texting became as popular as it is now.

I remember being a member on another forum and a bunch of us became friendly, and we would use instant messaging to chat outside of the forum. One girl used to participate via her phone, while I used the service from my computer.

Basically an account was created using an email address, and then you created a user name . Most of us utilized the user names we were known by on the forum.

This would have been an ideal way for Jodi to create an account, choose TA as a user name, and then send "texts" to whomever she wanted. She wouldn't have needed to hack into anything. Oh, another huge aspect of the service that would benefit the murderess: conversations automatically "disappeared" once the connection ended unless it was manually saved.

IMO the analysis of travis's phone&records showed no evidence that he sent this text.

I just hope the jury got it, cause after reading PS's recap I'm not so sure. I know there has been varied opinion about his posts, but I like to read it b/c it's a perspective from inside the courtroom. I think we tend to understand things a lot more b/c of our ability to bounce ideas and theories off of each other.

BBM Hi betty. Someone on the jury got what JM's intimation was, I'm sure, and they'll have that opportunity during deliberations to address and bounce ideas off one another.

It's on TCM today following The Bad Seed. "Baby Jane" is among my least favorite Bette Davis films.

Like little Rhoda, JA's been surrounded by enablers all her life.

OT...sorry!
Really? I loved it, all the more so knowing the back story of how much Crawford and Davis hated each other in real life, and what they did to each other on the set. Meow, I confess.

I've seen every film Davis is in. She's one of my top 3 all time female actresses. :)

He was there, he reported it himself on his day 35 report. I don't agree it was a racist event, but it was still weird and uncalled for. The court house is no place to act like that, inside or out.

It isn't anyplace for acting silly, but sometimes when the tension is really high and you are stressed out, you do act silly. This sounds weird, but when my dad died, his favorite sister and I were talking in a corner about him and remembered something crazy he did. We ended up laughing hysterically and people stared at us like we were nuts. And we were nuts. We were totally devastated by his death and had cried nonstop for days. We still get nasty comments to us by some family members. I know many of us have been stressed about the outcome of this trial and freak out when things look "bad" for the prosecution or things happen that may unfairly benefit the DT. And we are here, able to be snarky and vent to lots of people. Maybe they just had a moment of utter insanity and sang to release the tension.

I've wondered where the phone records came from. Did they get them from the service providers for all phones involved to compare them? If they pulled records for all known numbers for JA and for TA and found a major discrepancy like we think there is, I'm sure we would have heard it. But that would only cover sending phone to phone (shows as out for one and in for the other), whereas computer to phone would only show as in for the one that received it.

This seems like a very important area that Juan could have gone into more deeply perhaps. For example, if he had both sets of phone records and all/most other JA<=>TA texts show up for both while this one only shows up in hers, then that would certainly make it look like she planted it.

Juan has certainly planted that seed. All it takes is for a few jurors to have gotten that and they can enlighten the others.

I've also wondered if the phone sex tape was a total setup. She was obviously leading him through it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she had talked to him just before and said "Hey I have this fantasy about us engaging in this really raunchy phone sex conversation. Can we do it? ... Please? ... Pleeease?? ... Ok great. I'll hang up and call you right back."

From everything I've seen and heard, the text messages were extracted from Travis' phone. It took Det Melendez two years to be able to transfer the texts from the phone to a paper report. The only other phone they had for JA at that time was the 2nd Helio phone that she got just prior to the murder. No idea what was found on that. We've also heard nothing about the phone she had before Gus gave her the 1st Helio. I assume it was not recovered.

Service providers were all over the map back then as to what text information they kept and for how long (they keep none now) and I think the longest was about 48hrs. So they couldn't get any text info from the providers other than date and time sent. Not content. And as they didn't forsee this situation, they probably only requested records for a month or two before the murder.

Now considering that the text in question was on the "stolen" Helio phone and we are not sure if it was on Travis' phone, it should be very easy to verify if they have his phone records from the month before his murder. Not sure why this can't be done?

MOO

I disagree with Sanders about the importance of Jodi showing remorse. Who in their right mind is going to believe her now? She has trashed Travis's reputation during both trials. She has allowed the defense team to paint Travis as the suspect. If she started sobbing, got down on the floor screaming, kicking, and crying about how sorry she is, told how she really loved Travis and how she has cried for him every single day since she killed him, I would know the entire speech was a joke. Since NOBODY would believe her, why in the world would she even stand up and just say she's sorry? During the entire trial, she and her defense team have been implying that Travis deserved to die!

One thing that worries me is that sometimes it seems as if Juan assumes that everyone on the jury is as smart as he is. One example is that Paul Saunders didn't understand what Juan was trying to get across about the Helio. Juan should have made it clearer to the jurors. Maybe he is going to wait until closing arguments to put it all together. I didn't realize that I knew what instant messaging was until a few minutes ago. Years ago, my sister and I would send instant messages to each other. In the first half of 2008, I downloaded Yahoo Instant Messenger to speak with my daughter in northern Virginia and her husband who was stationed in the Green Zone in Baghdad.

I just hope that Travis gets the justice he deserves!

I get what you're sayng about Juan assuming that the jury gets it, but in this particular instance he was very limited in what he could address. Unlike the DT he doesn't employ the tactic of throwing "stuff" against the wall in the hope that it will stick. And by stick I mean that there won't be an objection or that JSS doesn't strike the testimony.

I have every confidence that Juan will give an effective closing, and tie up all the loose ends. Unfortunately. I also have every confidence that Wilma's object-to-meter will be in full force :rolleyes:

From everything I've seen and heard, the text messages were extracted from Travis' phone. It took Det Melendez two years to be able to transfer the texts from the phone to a paper report. The only other phone they had for JA at that time was the 2nd Helio phone that she got just prior to the murder. No idea what was found on that. We've also heard nothing about the phone she had before Gus gave her the 1st Helio. I assume it was not recovered.

Service providers were all over the map back then as to what text information they kept and for how long (they keep none now) and I think the longest was about 48hrs. So they couldn't get any text info from the providers other than date and time sent. Not content. And as they didn't forsee this situation, they probably only requested records for a month or two before the murder.

Now considering that the text in question was on the "stolen" Helio phone and we are not sure if it was on Travis' phone, it should be very easy to verify if they have his phone records from the month before his murder. Not sure why this can't be done?

MOO

JM is definitely suggesting that the message was typed on a computer, not a phone, and put on her Helio to look like a text.

Why don't they search his phone records to verify? Correct me if I'm wrong, but why bother? The absence of a record corresponding to the faux text isn't proof that he didn't send it. The defense could argue he deleted the convo after he sent it.

He was there but he does not appear to have heard the song in queetion, is my understanding. Doesn't really make a difference.

And I can't agree with you there. Inside the courtroom is one thing but outside while walking with your friends is another. Breaking into a little song to make them laugh? I really don't think it was that big of a deal and we'd never even heard about it if the defense never brought it up. I don't think we should be led to think what the DT wants us to. If this was blatant or if they were acting fools, that would be one thing. But this was such a non event that it is stupid we are even talking about it.

Thank you MeeBee, this bears repeating, IMO. The courthouse is downtown, mixed with hotels, offices, restaurants and a few street venders. Being outside where there are a ton of side areas with benches, planters and trees, I can picture the group getting ready to go for food, chatting and enjoying the company, the respite from trial and the courthouse. The area is vast- not small. This IS a non issue and MeeBee, you are exactly right acting as if it is only supports the defense teams craziness, MOO again.

R

I guess BK is not partial?

Well, I want a reporter who will report all aspects of the story. You know, UNBIASED. Not smart to only follow one side of an issue, no matter what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper