Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think it was very clever strategy, and no harm done since it's not secret anymore. Give the DT what they want to shut them up and they'll still lose!

bbm

Tell that to the jury and the Alexanders. It caused a huge delay in the whole process. She even closed court so Nurmi could work on his response. I don't believe any judge worth their salt would make a decision knowing it would be overturned just to avoid an appellate issue. She has a seated jury and has shown zero respect for their time.

That's Flores in the Snapped video, right? It's interesting how his interrogation style has developed over the years. He paces much better in the Jodi interrogation and he sits further away, with a table between him and the criminal.

And in Wendi's appeals they also accused Juan of prosecutorial misconduct because he dared bring up her affairs and the life insurance policies she took out on her husband...

The only child that comes to mind for me in relation to JA, is DB's son, and if she's talking about just the year prior to the murder, didn't she claim to care for Varney's child/ren about that time and how much she hated it? I'd be looking closely at that situation if I were the Varney's, after the stories about how JA treated her brother and pets... :thinking:

Can you refresh my fading memory? Who is "Varney?" (Brain dead here)

bbm

Tell that to the jury and the Alexanders. It caused a huge delay in the whole process. She even closed court so Nurmi could work on his response. I don't believe any judge worth their salt would make a decision knowing it would be overturned just to avoid an appellate issue. She has a seated jury and has shown zero respect for their time.

The Alexanders won't mind the delay when Jodi gets the death penalty. Really, it only delayed the trial by a few days. Jodi was only on the stand for portions of 2 days. And we haven't had a mistrial due to juror attrition, so everybody can stop worrying. It's almost over.

For those who have a subscription to BK's website, she has posted the Hearing in Chambers on 10/20 that led to JSS shutting down the courtroom. I am still processing all of it but I will say that this gave me a much firmer grasp on the DT's level of whining and JA coddling, as well as clearer insight into just how easily JSS gives in to JA despite her better judgment.

Oh yeah, and it was fantastic that Juan called JA out on tweeting things to the public yet is telling the Judge she is afraid and nervous that the public will respond hatefully to her testimony.

After reading the transcript, I'm thoroughly appalled by and disappointed in JSS. What a complete lack of judicial guts, imo.

A lot of bows are made of raffia. If you make up any gift baskets at the holidays, you can find raffia bows at Cost Plus/Pier 1 Imports type stores. It's a kind of rope/viney kind of material sometimes colored, sometimes wheat/natural color.

Yes. Often enough, a gift-y item comes with the bow already on it. I'll bet TA got the "raffia" word from a salesperson, and since he was always on a mission to grasp at things beyond the immediately familiar (words, in this case), I think he enjoyed displaying the word in his journal. Haven't you ever learned a new word, and it shows up in one of your sentences, and you're just oh, so pleased with yourself? I have had fixations on "bifurcate", "perspicacious", and "germane". The first two took a few years before I could nonchalantly drop them into a sentence.

Just hopping on here to say right now on ID channel is Deadly Sins....Jodi/Travis one hour show. What I just heard the first 30 seconds ... :pullhair: :pullhair:

ETA: It reinforces to me :moo: :moo: :moo: also, after another few minutes of watching, why Juan did NOT want those two (Chris and Skye) on the stand... just sayin'

Iris is also the middle name of Travis' sister Allie.

Iris are also the flowers that are planted by the day parolees at the jail where she spent the first month or so of her incarceration...
http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/content/sheriffs-office-custody-division
SO-20140501_JailFlowers_0.jpg

Hinckley I believe was a reference to "the president and prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who led Mormonism through a period of global expansion" who died in January 2008 and according to JA, was a reason why TA had called her that month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/us/28hinckley.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just hopping on here to say right now on ID channel is Deadly Sins....Jodi/Travis one hour show. What I just heard the first 30 seconds ... :pullhair: :pullhair:

ETA: It reinforces to me :moo: :moo: :moo: also, after another few minutes of watching, why Juan did NOT want those two (Chris and Skye) on the stand... just sayin'

Watching too ATL

Was catching up on some youtube videos of the JA case. For those of you who haven't seen this..Jodi threatens to murder Juan if she gets the death penalty, then wonders why Juan doesn't love her, finally how she controls all the other inmates at the jail! Interesting how she says she has friends on the outside who will take revenge and murder for her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l5sFC8jJC8

OK!!! have directions for chat...or at least one way for which 3 others have already found their way to live chat... here goes...
. Go to mibbit.com. Click on free area...then when you get to blue boxes, click on word server which opens up a new box, type in irc.serenity-irc.net in that box, put in your nickname, then in the channel box type #websleuths and hit connect.

ETA!!! Just found link to directly go to and just type in your WS nick!!http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#websleuths&server=irc.serenity-irc.net

Me too. She uses anything and anybody to try and get her way, it seems she threw that in to manipulate the process to her advantage. It was so very obvious and transparent what she was doing when she started to back-pedal, changing her tune after JM made it clear that the Alexander family had no concerns whatsoever.

JM also called out the DT's (specifically MDLR) relationship with a particular reporter for the Arizona Republic, in that the defendant has no fears, apparently, about that peculiar media outlet. Just all the haters.

Curious, if you hit refresh, it usually correctly repopulates the pages. From the last pages it becomes clear what will come down the line...Arias says she is being threatened in these letters/postcards about what she is to say in her testimony. She is threatened with "if you say this..." type of things. That's why she doesn't want anyone to hear her. Juan calls her on it asking her if she is planning to lie on the stand or make her testimony fit others expectations. It would not surprise me a bit to hear that allowing the media to hear the testimony is a cause for her to request a reversal on appeal. Further, the final pages are where the MDLR/Keifer connection is made.

LOL, I should have read a few more posts before submitting my last one...

Question:
Does anyone know who "SAM" is that Jodi refers to?
Yes, I'm very aware that "Sam" may just be a figment of Jodi's ever evolving imagination.

She does, however, refer to a "Sam" twice in her journals.

She says that when she lost her Helio phone on 5/18, she notified Ryan, Steve, "SAM" and "Gus."

On 5/24 she makes a journal entry that "Sam" has been texting her almost every day as of late...

Thoughts?

Iirc it was a another prospective love interest(but apparently he had a little girl, which dampened things for JA because one of her conditions for a "new" love interest, was that they be childless). I'll see if I can find where she's talking about him in her journals, I don't recall offhand if he had come from the LDS site I believe she had registered with back in 2007(possibly even late 2006).

just read the sealed chamber transcripts and her bs reasons for not wanting to testify in public courtroom.

basically,she didn't want anyone to hear more lies come out her mouth so they couldn't be proven wrong and come back and bite her on the azz

BBM I think you're spot on here, Josie! Arias knows trial followers are also great Web Sleuthers!!! They will ferret out the truth.

Iirc it was a another prospective love interest(but apparently he had a little girl, which dampened things for JA because one of her conditions for a "new" love interest, was that they be childless). I'll see if I can find where she's talking about him in her journals, I don't recall offhand if he had come from the LDS site I believe she had registered with back in 2007(possibly even late 2006).

Thanks for any add'l information you can provide.

If I recall, I also think he lived in Tucson.

BBM ~ Me too. I personally am not particularly fond of the Hughes' at all. I think they're selfish, disrespectful and care about their own personal gain.
Sure, they might have a good friend to TA, even CH being a "father figure", but I just don't like how he reacted when he found out TA was dead.
JMO
I'm still trying to catch up, so forgive me of this has already been asked and answered... but how did he react when he found out Travis was dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l