Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself, I take Lithium and I don't have hand tremors. TMI. The key Lithium is dosage monitoring.

This is an addition, and not meant to be a contradiction to ElleElle's point. From RxList: Common side effects of lithium are fine hand tremor, dry mouth, altered taste perception, weight gain, increased thirst, increased frequency of urination, mild nausea or vomiting, impotence, decreased libido, diarrhea, and kidney abnormalities.

Regarding JA, we could speculate on the "decreased libido" aspect? "Impotence"? "Weight gain"?

Tomorrow, the defense will argue its motion to dismiss the death penalty. One of the allegations in this motion is that the State has withheld emails written by Travis to Arias (& others). These emails could be the discredited communications revealing pedophilia, although the defense & Arias have their own means of obtaining them. The reference would be to withholding them from judge and jury. The State is also accused of refusing to turn over a hard drive and for tardiness in disclosing witnesses. My curiosity is focused on the emails.

I'll bet JA and her team are just flogging an old horse. Most points they seem to be raising lately are same old, same old.

I am wondering how much of the hearing we will actually see through tweets tomorrow or if they will all be told to leave, so it can be done behind closed doors. That would not surprise me one bit.

This is an addition, and not meant to be a contradiction to ElleElle's point. From RxList: Common side effects of lithium are fine hand tremor, dry mouth, altered taste perception, weight gain, increased thirst, increased frequency of urination, mild nausea or vomiting, impotence, decreased libido, diarrhea, and kidney abnormalities.

Regarding JA, we could speculate on the "decreased libido" aspect? "Impotence"? "Weight gain"?

I don't think so, but that's my personal opinion with how my meds affect me from all accounts JA was very sexual... And with me if my meds are playing with libido... I don't want my partner near me, let alone having sex with me!!

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party

10/10/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 10/15/2014
NOTE: TO SEAL PLEADING FILED ON OCTOBER 10, 2014

10/10/2014 ORD - Order - Party (001) 10/15/2014
NOTE: THAT THE CLERK OF THE COURT FILE UNDER SEAL THE PLEADING ENTITLED OBJECTION TO DEFENDANTS MOTION TO DISMISS NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK DEATH PENALTY DUE TO CONTINUED STATE MISCONDUCT

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

I've had two very sick kids so I've missed catching up and what not.

Are we all go for today? Sure I read that somewhere.

She loved to bash Jodi Arias..........and for good cause............BUT .....there's gonna be a little less Jodi coverage now.....

CNN, HLN Layoffs Underway: Jane Velez-Mitchell Out, Entertainment Unit Disbanded

Turner Broadcasting layoffs hit CNN and HLN on Tuesday, with HLN host Jane Velez-Mitchell as the first talent casualty, multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation confirmed to TheWrap. Mitchell's self-titled show has been canceled and her entire staff is also out.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cnn-massi...ment-unit-disbanded-developing-191800346.html

I don't know how many of you have heard this yet, but HLN just cancelled Jane Velez Mitchell's show. I'm not sure when it is supposed to be taken off the air.

I'm on Venlafaxine, diazepam and risperidone for Borderline Personality Disorder. I also have worked bloody hard to keep my BPD stable. I honestly believe that she has other co-morbid conditions that exacerbated her symptoms and made her into the killer she is.

I'll bet JA and her team are just flogging an old horse. Most points they seem to be raising lately are same old, same old.
I'd put good money on it that Arias wrote this latest motion herself, with some editing and hefty citations by Willmott, in the belief that she could do a better job at getting a result on these old issues. The language, tone, verbosity, omission of unfavorable facts, etc., are just the same as other motions she's written herself, and similarly, add up to a motion that's all fluff and no substance, easily countered by the State. In fact, anyone who's familiar with the case, let alone an attorney, can debunk the bulk of it right off the bat, and will recognize right away Arias' capacity for thinking that verbosity will win the day, that everyone's too stupid to remember inconvenient facts, her contorted "logic", and most of all, her penchant for playing the victim - in this case of misconduct by the state. Which of course will be duly "confirmed" when it's inevitably denied. But win or lose, she'll derive some satisfaction from having the words "state misconduct" out there and on record. Or more particularly, from the knock-on effect of keeping her supporters pepped up and enraged, so that money keeps flowing into her so-called appellate fund.

I was just watching Mikee Daniels' old videos on YouTube (He provides superb commentary on this trial) and I learned something new. Or perhaps I'd forgotten? I heard that Travis' journals were missing at the time of his death. It is believed that Arias took it. Oh, if this true then it just churns my stomach. I remember when ALV said that she apologized to Arias because she read her private journals. She felt it to be an intrusive thing to do. It was okay for JA to snoop through the doggy door, look at Travis' emails and text messages, slash his tires, steal his journals and murder him but reading a defendant's journals for the purpose of evaluating her necessitates an apology? Wow. JA probably sleeps well at night considering she does not have a conscience. I wonder how ALV is able to live with herself. Even Samuels wasn't this bad. Please don't throw rotten eggs at me for saying this but I believe that ALV is just as bad as JA.

I actually do believe ALV was abusive to Travis and his family in her own way. She took the stand and swore an oath to tell the whole truth and nothing but...but she didn't. No way.

Not just your opinion; mine also. BPD does not turn people into killers. It just does not, and while Arias may have this disorder, nothing is accomplished toward understanding by painting everyone with the same brush.

This does not mean that a person who kills cannot have BPD, only that BPD individuals are not more likely to become killers than individuals without the diagnosis.

ETA - Actually, most mentally ill persons are not destined to become killers. If one is an untreated psychotic, maybe...but untreated psychosis is not very common and it's easily recognizable if anyone bothers to look.

I suffer from mental illness, bi-polar, and I didn't read the post in the light that all BPDs become killers. I read it as more of an insight into JA. I have an ugly BPD family tree, and much of what Tuba described I see in certain family members. It's true, we can't paint all sufferers in same hue, and I didn't get that from the post.

Have we seen the last of the delays, or will there be another one today? :seeya:

Henri DelRey ‏@Henri_DelRey 51m51 minutes ago

12 Jurors + 6 alternatives Will b sworn in 2day, motion 2 dismiss the DP will also b heard Opening statements scheduled 4 Oct 21 #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day!! I'm outta here early but will check in from courthouse #jodiarias

Have we seen the last of the delays, or will there be another one today? :seeya:

:thinking: Based on this court's "past track record" I expect delay after delay after delay during the entire re-trial . . . :moo:

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

If y'all need posters for Tweets from today's hearing, let me know !

ah well those tweets answered my question.

treated myself to a nice new laptop so all fresh and ready to go...super hard not using windows though

JA would be likely to have a very obvious tremor in her hands (and elsewhere) if she were on lithium. I have never noticed it. When she held up her hand with the goofy finger while on the stand, it would have been jerking, but she seems to be in good control. When she picked up a glass for water, she would have sloshed water around. When she worked with the stabby pencils, she would have had a hard time keeping the pencil where she needed it. Lithium tremor is not subtle.

Interesting. My mom had to be taken off lithium because she had acute tremors. I didn't know that was a common side effect.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries retweeted

Javier Soto @JavierSotoTV · 58m 58 minutes ago

AlWAYS a pleasure working with @mikewatkiss3tv. @ 8am we'll be joined by @TrialDiariesJ to talk Jodi Arias #3TVARIAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper