Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the only time in the trial that she smiled a genuine smile (genuine as possible for her, that is). It was the 'Yeah, I can be a pain in the neck' sort of smile.
(I remember Baez saying something similar about Casey during trial and Casey smiled as well. I forget what was said and when.)
When he told her to stop acting like a 2-year-old???

I just read about Olivia Klaus' interview tonight on True Crime Radio. I wish the ladies over here at websleuths would ask Olivia Klaus why in hell she would want to interview Jodi Arias, of all people..

When he told her to stop acting like a 2-year-old???

No. He said it to the jury during opening or closing statements. Something similar to what Nurmi said. It makes sense for a lawyer to say that when you have a wildly unpopular client.

I bet Arias approved of it back then. Remember how she smiled a sheepish smile when Juan got her to admit that some of the creative ideas that she came up with in the sex tape were just fantasies and nothing more 'Yeah, they were just fantasies... :)' Like she's so honest and self-reflective and can admit her own shortcomings. Yeah right.

Wouldn't do the idiot any good. Our US justice system does NOT work by referendum to the government!

Sounds like someone is hoping to get people riled.

They will get a response, hopefully, from the Department of I.D.I.O.C.Y. which handles all referendums calling for release of heinous killers.

No. He said it to the jury during opening or closing statements. Something similar to what Nurmi said. It makes sense for a lawyer to say that when you have a wildly unpopular client.

I bet Arias approved of it back then. Remember how she smiled a sheepish smile when Juan got her to admit that some of the creative ideas that she came up with in the sex tape were just fantasies and nothing more 'Yeah, they were just fantasies... :)' Like she's so honest and self-reflective and can admit her own shortcomings. Yeah right.

Maybe. But I got the impression she was taken a bit by surprise. Not offended though. Hence the smile.

And we have a jury panel of 18! Now lets get this death penalty going!

I just read about Olivia Klaus' interview tonight on True Crime Radio. I wish the ladies over here at websleuths would ask Olivia Klaus why in hell she would want to interview Jodi Arias, of all people..
I thought that name was familiar when I saw it on the top of the forum. Yes, definitely someone needs to ask her that question.

She smiled because she understood his comment, even though she did not expect it. She was amused by it. But then later on she thought about it and decided she could use it against him and in her favor. She tends to do that with things people say...turn it around against them later on as it suits her need.

My observation is that Arias had problems with Nurmi and the jury must have picked up on it. That is one of the reasons why he used the line about not liking her. The awkward working relationship was an uncomfortable reality. The strategy of confronting it left Arias with nothing to lose. I suspect it will have been fully discussed - allowing her a moment to beam a rehearsed smile. Maybe even appear human with an ability to laugh at herself? That didn't work for me but I see the logic behind it. She probably will use it against Nurmi, even though his appeal for fairness might have helped sway some jurors against the death penalty.

My observation is that Arias had problems with Nurmi and the jury must have picked up on it. That is one of the reasons why he used the line about not liking her. The awkward working relationship was an uncomfortable reality. The strategy of confronting it left Arias with nothing to lose. I suspect it will have been fully discussed - allowing her a moment to beam a rehearsed smile. Maybe even appear human with an ability to laugh at herself? That didn't work for me but I see the logic behind it. She probably will use it against Nurmi, even though his appeal for fairness might have helped sway some jurors against the death penalty.

Yeah, it seemed forced to me too. Like, yeah, I'm such a stinker aren't I? Trying to hide the fact that normally, she doesn't like anything negative being said about her.

I think his 9 our of 10 days remark was SOLELY because he figured that by then the jurors had no good thoughts about Jodi, and he was trying to empathize with them and show that they should do their job and be fair even if they disliked her. IMO, he hoped to impress upon the jury that he defended her and continues to plead her case, even though he may not like her. And I am not convinced he told JA beforehand that he was going to say it.

Sounds like someone is hoping to get people riled.

They will get a response, hopefully, from the Department of I.D.I.O.C.Y. which handles all referendums calling for release of heinous killers.

ByeYFdxIAAA1y6p.jpg

She smiled because she understood his comment, even though she did not expect it. She was amused by it. But then later on she thought about it and decided she could use it against him and in her favor. She tends to do that with things people say...turn it around against them later on as it suits her need.
I agree.
I don't know if it's because it wasn't her usual smug and entitled smile, but it just struck me as so bizarre and awkward looking. She looked mental smiling at Nurmi like that. Then again, nothing about that girl is normal to me

Yeah, it seemed forced to me too. Like, yeah, I'm such a stinker aren't I? Trying to hide the fact that normally, she doesn't like anything negative being said about her.

Absolutely. There was no element of surprise or uncertainty - just a, "Smile and say cheese" moment for Arias to present a last ditch attempt at an amenable glimpse. Not to have rehearsed this would have risked ruining the effect.

I don't know whether JA knew about the 9 out of 10 days comment beforehand. I don't know because in that instance, it was impossible for me to read her inappropriately odd and abnormal reaction and body language to such a statement.

After this, we'll continue to read about Jodi because of appeals.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 16m16 minutes ago

It looks like we have our jury!

A panel of 18 was selected behind closed doors and will be sworn in Oct. 16.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

I can't find anything else on this????

#JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads