Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something. You say that she seemingly prepared to kill again. Who do you think that she was going to kill, and why?

Knives and a gun were found hidden in Arias' car at the time of her arrest.

Can you imagine how creeped out the prosecution witnesses had to be when testifying? In addition to having to suffer through their friend/relative being butchered, they had to go through the grinder of a bunch of obnoxious and in some cases perverted questions, and the whole time they are being stared down by a psycho who would have had no qualms about killing them if she'd had the chance - and might look to do so if she is released.

Yes. All of them have been brave and brilliant.

On the other hand, we have ALV, Samuels, Gus etc. for Arias. What a team. :facepalm: I know the Defense loves talking about all the threats that the witnesses have been dealing with but the only real threat in this case came from an Arias supporter. He was charged for making threats against Nancy Grace and JVM.

And I am firmly convinced that Arias will murder again (Juan and Deanna being on top of the list) if she's let out.

I must have missed something. You say that she seemingly prepared to kill again. Who do you think that she was going to kill, and why?
IMO, Jodi would have killed again in the same fashion to try and cover for the fact of what she had done. If, for some weird alternate universe reason, Jodi is ever released from prison, she WILL kill again just because she can. This is a learning curve. The 'cat and mouse' game of which she is so fond has crossed over to murder.

I have absolutely no doubt about this. I'm 100% against the DP at any time, but believe Jodi should never see the light of day outside prison walls.

On the other hand, we have ALV, Samuels, Gus etc. for Arias. What a team. :facepalm: I know the Defense loves talking about all the threats that the witnesses have been dealing with but the only real threat in this case came from an Arias supporter. He was charged for making threats against Nancy Grace and JVM.

And I am firmly convinced that Arias will murder again (Juan and Deanna being on top of the list) if she's let out.

People like Alice and Samuels got up there to lie for their beloved Jodi. People like Deanna testified truthfully because they loved their friend. She would be at the top of Jodi's list I'm sure. It didn't take any courage for someone who wanted to get paid big bucks by AZ taxpayers and thought they could teach Juan a thing or two to testify. People like Deanna knew they were going to get trashed with a bunch of lies by scum like Nurmi and had to sit up there and take it so they could tell what they knew of their friend and his butcher, so we all have the greatest of admiration for their courage and fortitude. Whose heart didn't go out to Deanna I think it was when Juan apparently surprised her with one of the gruesome images.

Who was next on jodis list? It does seem she was getting prepared for some more killing or something.. Knives hidden in books.. Didn't they find a gun under the hood or something?

Yes. When she was arrested trying to flee, she had both knives and another handgun was found. A different gun than the 1 used to kill Travis.

If I remember it right, the gun was hidden under the car engine hood area. Basically trying to hide it in the engine itself. The knives were in some packed books or something like that.

The way JA casually mentioned that she needed the gun for protection when she went on the next overnight trip with those guys she didnt know too well is a huge sign that she had no problem using a gun again.

JA reminds me of another case where once the girl started killing, it became easier and easier for her to kill again. JA reminds me of "Aileen Wuornos Case" in that I think JA was about to go on a killing spree. I honestly think LE stopped her in the nick of time, otherwise more would have been dead. Even LE themselves may have become targets because I think JA would have shot LE people trying to arrest her once she setup her defensive position wherever she was planning on staying next.

LE luckily stopped her before she was able to even leave the house area.
She was all packed up and ready from what I recall. Probably making last minute plans.

A desparate killer on the run is a dangerous situation and congrats to LE for stopping her when they did.

Yes indeed - only one real threat, to TV personalities.

By talking about "all the threats" Defense is trying to create the illusion that there's a whole bunch of witnesses too scared to speak on Arias' behalf. There's no evidence that these witnesses even exist, let alone that they've been seriously threatened.

So far as actual witnesses are concerned, Laviolette and Samuels may have received a painfully public smack down, but messages like "I hope you choke on a chicken bone" (directed at Laviolette) hardly equate to actual death threats. They're unpleasant, that's all - and a convenient excuse to opt out of further stress and humiliation on the stand.

Same goes for Patti Womack. She had no qualms about TV interviews, or sitting up front and center in court (during Darryl Brewer's testimony) and only balked at testifying when she realized it would shine a light on her illicit and illegal activities, and open her up to the very real threat - of prosecution.

As for any other witnesses, if they they exist they obviously have nothing of real value to say.

If they did, defense would have done everything in their power to bring them to court, which shouldn't even be necessary. True friends would have no problem putting self-interest aside and testifying regardless of "threats" or humiliation - and all the more so if they knew their testimony was critical.

After all, Travis' friends - a whole slew of real-life witnesses - have had no problem stepping up and doing whatever they can to support him. Defense would say that's because they haven't been subject to the same level of harassment or intimidation, but that would be disingenuous. They could easily have been scared off by the truly intimidating prospect of being cross-examined on the most intimate details of their relationships. But they weren't. The most poignant example being Deanna Reid.

Who was next on jodis list? It does seem she was getting prepared for some more killing or something.. Knives hidden in books.. Didn't they find a gun under the hood or something?

Jodi had bought a gun so she could be a responsible gun owner. was one story. The other was that she was going camping/panning for gold with six men that she didn't know except for one named Calvin, and it was for her own protection, but why go off with s group of men she didn't know? She armed herself and didn't seem to have a problem in killing again.

Jodi was under surveillance her, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. Sometime on night of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person (I think it was Sandy Arais) in the driver`s seat. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents house, and her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.

I am having to impose a time out on myself because I find WS more interesting than my job. I appreciate all the updates and will be depending on them for the next month or so.
Keep up the good work.

Also, will someone let me know when we are horse aunts, thanks.

I think your post is massively brave. I credit you and thank you for such an eloquent and comprehensive explanation that any one of any intellect can grasp and understand. Well done you! Mental illness isn't always an excuse. Sometimes it's the reason.

Not in the case of CMJA, mind you.

After this verdict is read, will Jodi be shackled and proceed directly to prison or does she get one last night in jail? TIA

There seem to be clinical psychologists and psychiatrists in our group.
If so, would one comment on whether they think it is possible that JA was in a dissociative state during the murder? thanks.

In my experience working in the ER (I'm neither a psychiatrist or psychologist), it's the victims who enter a dissociative state after violence and trauma, not the fleeing perpetrator. The mind blocks out what is too painful to live through or relive. Jodi remembers every delicious moment of her attack on Travis. I have no doubt of that. If she was in a dissociative state during the abuse and afterwards, she'd have been caught by Travis's roomies baking cookies in a house covered in blood. But no, the bannister had been polished. MO

Sounds like so far Jodi Is getting the jury she needs to get life. Anyone who dares to speak up about what she has done gets booted. Guess we all better get ready. Casey walked and Jodi gets life. JMO.

Yes but either way she dies in prison!!! No automatic appeal and the very real possibility she'll get to die of something painful, alone in a cement cage with no last words or media coverage. The DP in the US is euthanasia. I like to think of LWOP as extended suffering with the same conclusion.

:behindbar No more crayons for you Hodi

In my experience working in the ER (I'm neither a psychiatrist or psychologist), it's the victims who enter a dissociative state after violence and trauma, not the fleeing perpetrator. The mind blocks out what is too painful to live through or relive. Jodi remembers every delicious moment of her attack on Travis. I have no doubt of that. If she was in a dissociative state during the abuse and afterwards, she'd have been caught by Travis's roomies baking cookies in a house covered in blood. But no, the bannister had been polished. MO

I totally relate to this.. I was a victim of sexual abuse as a child and physical abuse and I've had those blocks.. Thanks for pointing that out.

Not to be forgotten~Janeen DeMarte concluded that Arias did nt have PTSD nor dissociative amnesia.

Drugs can help stabilize mood but the major Borderline symptoms are behavioral and do not respond to medication. This is why most psychiatrists prefer to treat any mood disorder over BPD. Behavior modification is difficult enough for most citizens; it is near impossible for one who remains immature emotionally, whether by choice or by circumstance.

There is a contradiction in the very thought process of BPD persons, much like "I hate you; don't leave me." Imagine living your life this way. Some work hard to get better because they want to. Others may not do as well because they don't have to. It is obvious which one the killer is.

I lived like this w/my ex-husband #2. I thought this behaviour was from his alcoholism. Maybe could be both?? The ' I hate you, don't leave me ' thing just mad me nuts. I had to leave, it was no way to live. I used to say " he loves me when he's sober and hates me when he's drunk". That was the only way I could explain it...moo.

Thanks for the explaination...

I was just watching Mikee Daniels' old videos on YouTube (He provides superb commentary on this trial) and I learned something new. Or perhaps I'd forgotten? I heard that Travis' journals were missing at the time of his death. It is believed that Arias took it. Oh, if this true then it just churns my stomach. I remember when ALV said that she apologized to Arias because she read her private journals. She felt it to be an intrusive thing to do. It was okay for JA to snoop through the doggy door, look at Travis' emails and text messages, slash his tires, steal his journals and murder him but reading a defendant's journals for the purpose of evaluating her necessitates an apology? Wow. JA probably sleeps well at night considering she does not have a conscience. I wonder how ALV is able to live with herself. Even Samuels wasn't this bad. Please don't throw rotten eggs at me for saying this but I believe that ALV is just as bad as JA.

I was just watching Mikee Daniels' old videos on YouTube (He provides superb commentary on this trial) and I learned something new. Or perhaps I'd forgotten? I heard that Travis' journals were missing at the time of his death. It is believed that Arias took it. Oh, if this true then it just churns my stomach. I remember when ALV said that she apologized to Arias because she read her private journals. She felt it to be an intrusive thing to do. It was okay for JA to snoop through the doggy door, look at Travis' emails and text messages, slash his tires, steal his journals and murder him but reading a defendant's journals for the purpose of evaluating her necessitates an apology? Wow. JA probably sleeps well at night considering she does not have a conscience. I wonder how ALV is able to live with herself. Even Samuels wasn't this bad. Please don't throw rotten eggs at me for saying this but I believe that ALV is just as bad as JA.

In her own dangerous way, she is just as bad. Just think of all the Dads that she may have testified against in child custody cases, where the Dads lost their chance to be given custody of the child OR they got reduced visitation rights OR maybe no visitation at all. All because ALV used her miscontrued "snow white" views of things to convince a jury to shaft the Dad.

It is terribly sad to think of the damage she may have done. And the poor children suffer as well in this regard.

And when you think to what she was trying to do in this case, it is truly horrific. She was basically trying to convince a jury that a violent murderer should go free to be able to kill again. Wow. Dangerous + dispicable indeed.

Can any of our attorney members explain for me how the fact that the killer had knives & a gun in her possession when arrested not be able to be introduced in to evidence? It is legal to own guns in California but to travel with knives hidden in books is a little odd to me. I have ALOT of respect for our country's legal system but doesn't this show state of mind or intent? It should be able to be disclosed, IMO.

A defendant's state of mind after a murder would be irrelevant to the question of guilt vs. innocence--unless the state of mind was one of having a guilty conscience, which possession of weapons would not show.

After this verdict is read, will Jodi be shackled and proceed directly to prison or does she get one last night in jail? TIA

She would not be transported to prison until after her sentencing hearing, which is separate from the reading of the verdict.

In her own dangerous way, she is just as bad. Just think of all the Dads that she may have testified against in child custody cases, where the Dads lost their chance to be given custody of the child OR they got reduced visitation rights OR maybe no visitation at all. All because ALV used her miscontrued "snow white" views of things to convince a jury to shaft the Dad.

It is terribly sad to think of the damage she may have done. And the poor children suffer as well in this regard.

And when you think to what she was trying to do in this case, it is truly horrific. She was basically trying to convince a jury that a violent murderer should go free to be able to kill again. Wow. Dangerous + dispicable indeed.

Agree completely, Hatfield. To think that this woman told the jury that Travis mistreated his 'vulnerable' love interests/friends. I shudder to think of all those truly vulnerable people who have gone to ALV looking for support. She is morally bankrupt. She ought to get professional help for identifying with and supporting a cold-blooded murderer before trying to help others. The woman is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Rose, I'd like to learn more about the journals. Also, the stolen engagement ring. And the guy on the plane. And the men at The Purple Plum. And ..... there is so much still to be uncovered. :yeahthat: Hopefully, after this verdict, we can hear from Travis' brave family, Detective Flores and Juan Martinez.

Your distaste for ALV, I share but there is no comparison between her actions and those of murderer Arias. The only person I feel more disgust for than Arias is Casey Anthony. ALV makes my blood boil with rage but Arias makes my blood chill. ALV is a paid mouthpiece -a betrayer of genuine victims of abuse. I understand your contempt for ALV but the court system pays these useful idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove