Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
National Enquirer I think. Funny, I don't think that particular ploy is one my mother would try, but then my family is not the Arias family.

Part of what baffles me about these "letters" is how even a psychopathic narcissist like Jodi could ever have thought that anyone in the world would believe her DIY forgeries were authentic! How can she possibly not realize that forgery is difficult? And that documents submitted as evidence in a trial are actually scrutinized, by smart people, before they actually are entered into evidence? (Rhetorical questions. Jodi behaves like Jodi because she's Jodi.)

I believe Jodi's mother tried to peddle the letters to the tabloid at Jodi's direction. IOW, it was Jodi's idea and mom went along with it...maybe didn't even want to do it but figured going through the motions would be easier and less messy than saying no to Her Heinous.

If IRCC she said she picked them up at the mall.

Makes me wonder what kind of mall she was at.
Does anyone out there ever recall seeing pamphlets about pedophilia at their local mall?????
(Or for that matter, anyone ever recall seeing any pamphlets about being a pedo, period).
Weird, so weird she is.

While I am re-watching this trial I am remembering what I call her cobra stance.
Whenever someone she is interested in comes to the stand (usually someone from her former life with Travis) she sits up attentively and almost seems to sway slightly....like a cobra when it is defending itself. (I would post a gif but I am sensitive to people with snake phobias, I live with a person who has them, just getting a glance at one gives her the heebie jeebies :giggle:)

OMG YES...the mall! No explanation for how I forgot about pedophile brochures on display in malls all across America with a clear invitation to one and all to "Take One."

LOL YES!!
I posted that same thing before I got to your post about it.
What kind of creepy mall is she going to????

JA's latest stint at representing herself caused a big mess, IMO. Now Nurms has to work with that stuff and/or work around it. Based on the tweets from day before yesterday, it sounds as if he's pretty frustrated. And the motion to preclude those witnesses was desperate. We have not seen the last of it. WAT tweeted that the judge denied that motion but that it could come up again after the start of trial.

The "letters" were shopped around. The Star also turned down the opportunity to publish. There may be others who refused them.

A history of fails: In Jan., Apr. and May of 2013, defense moved for a mistrial. All motions went down. The Arizona Court of Appeals has declined to hear appeal by the defense as has the Arizona Supreme Court.

http://www.spreecast.com/events/the-gold-patrol-jodi-joe-oscar-co[/QUOTE]

What is this nonsense in the mitigating factors - that Jodi was ONLY 27 when she committed her first crime ! What?! That doesn't even make sense. So she should be spared because she was so young? Am I reading it wrong? And, really, how many people commit murder as a first crime? I'm sure Jodi has a history of criminal acts, but just never got caught. She was a bad seed from the getgo.

How did the relationship between JA and Bobby Juarez end? How was he able to get away? The reason I ask is because Jodi has emphasized on numerous occasions that none of her other exes are dead. The problem with that is they never truly "abandoned" her. They were still very much in her life, even going as far as forging letters, giving her money, etc. Had they pulled away, they could have very well ended up dead like Travis, but they didn't. I believe it was she who left each boyfriend, although kept them close. JA has exhibited stalking behaviors and severe boundary issues in every single one of her relationships, but Travis was the first one to actually pull away. So what does she do? She moves to freaking AZ a mere 10min away from him! Like previous posters have said, we need to write a book about her titled 'who does that?'. So how did Bobby escape? I missed most of the testimony about him, except for the whole deal with her returning to the library to snoop through his email.

Again, I say, who does that?

What is this nonsense in the mitigating factors - that Jodi was ONLY 27 when she committed her first crime ! What?! That doesn't even make sense. So she should be spared because she was so young? Am I reading it wrong? And, really, how many people commit murder as a first crime? I'm sure Jodi has a history of criminal acts, but just never got caught. She was a bad seed from the getgo.

I agree about that age thing. That is usually used when a perp is not yet an adult but not only was Jodi an adult at the time of the murder, she had been for years.

Another factor is claiming she has remorse. Huh? I have not seen that, not one time. She has blamed Travis, and her attorneys, and the prosecutor, and the detective and finally the jury for betraying her. I have never once heard her say or seen her do anything that says, "No one else is to blame for where I am today, it is all on me. I take full responsibility for my actions."

I am truly offended by some of the things on their list of mitigating factors.

OMG YES...the mall! No explanation for how I forgot about pedophile brochures on display in malls all across America with a clear invitation to one and all to "Take One."

I imagine a sort of Jeff Foxworthy format. "You might be a pedophile if..." Too bad there weren't any of the "You might be a psychopath if..." brochures left. For someone who puts so much faith in the restorative power of brochures, maybe a few stock photos and some vague words of encouragement could have helped her admit she has a problem with psychopathy.

The ones where she slides her hand across her neck. It resembles a slashing motion. There a few videos that were posted up-thread. I watched them all. I think three were posted but the 2nd two were just weird. Some people do things out of nervousness, like rubbing the forehead or face, tapping feet. I myself usually rub my ankles. LOL I really can't stay for sure what her gestures mean but she is just so odd.

Who does that? Who would want to look at sick, gorey, bloody pictures of a dead body. The one who is quite satisfied of what she had caused. That's who.

And one more thing of the transcript written up thread. All indications on how she would act through out all proceedings and has.
J: Well, I mean I just would want his advice, and it doesn't necessarily mean that he, um, that I'm going to take his advice, nor does it mean that, you know. And I believe this is why Nurmi has wanted off this case so badly. She is a nightmare.

Exactly. Who says that? How Det. Flores managed to stifle a derisive snort is beyond me. (As we have seen, though, his level of self-control is amazing.)

The ones where she slides her hand across her neck. I resembles a slashing motion. There a few videos that were posted up-thread. I watched them all. I think three were posted but the 2nd two were just weird. Some people do things out of nervousness, like rubbing the forehead or face, tapping feet. I myself usually rub my ankles. LOL I really can't stay for sure what her gestures mean but she is just so odd.

Ahhh. I must have missed the videos but even when she puts her hand on the side of her face, moves her hair or covers (or fake covers) her eyes, all I can think of is the knife she held in those hands.

The "letters" were shopped around. The Star also turned down the opportunity to publish. There may be others who refused them.

Most likely every potential taker was asked, and declined. Reminds me of when Casey was deemed by the *advertiser censored* rag to be too much of a *advertiser censored* even by their low standards.

I do have to wonder, though, if in Jodi's quest TMZ was approached. Seems they will take just about anything, true or not. (Maybe even moreso whatever is most likely to be not true.)

The ones where she slides her hand across her neck. I resembles a slashing motion. There a few videos that were posted up-thread. I watched them all. I think three were posted but the 2nd two were just weird. Some people do things out of nervousness, like rubbing the forehead or face, tapping feet. I myself usually rub my ankles. LOL I really can't stay for sure what her gestures mean but she is just so odd.

I see the gesture people have discussed, but I do not see throat slashing in it. I don't put a whole lot of stock into that "truth detector" micro-expression stuff.

JMO; another point of view. Not saying anyone is wrong, just want to say that some people see it and think it's meaningful; to some it's not.

Warped, into a black hole in space. Here's some more material for the book Who Does That? In her television interview from the jail, Arias was claiming she had no part in the crime against Travis. She made the following declaration: "I would be shaking in my boots right now, if I had to answer to God for such a heinous crime. But I'm very grateful that this is one thing that I will never have to answer to when I stand or sit before the judgment seat someday."

When she opens a topic about her relation to God, there is an expectation of personal authenticity, even if you are irreligious, a non-believer. She is about to describe something spiritual. Instead, we hear a deliberate, planned lie that takes God's name in vain. We can speculate that she injects this to add a measure of emphasis, of drama. Of course, she also assesses it as more convincing. The irony rests on her that it reveals to what degree she respected her solemn oath in the trials to come. "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God."

I see the gesture people have discussed, but I do not see throat slashing in it. I don't put a whole lot of stock into that "truth detector" micro-expression stuff.

JMO; another point of view. Not saying anyone is wrong, just want to say that some people see it and think it's meaningful; to some it's not.

Yes, this is what I think as well.

How did the relationship between JA and Bobby Juarez end? How was he able to get away? The reason I ask is because Jodi has emphasized on numerous occasions that none of her other exes are dead. The problem with that is they never truly "abandoned" her. They were still very much in her life, even going as far as forging letters, giving her money, etc. Had they pulled away, they could have very well ended up dead like Travis, but they didn't. I believe it was she who left each boyfriend, although kept them close. JA has exhibited stalking behaviors and severe boundary issues in every single one of her relationships, but Travis was the first one to actually pull away. So what does she do? She moves to freaking AZ a mere 10min away from him! Like previous posters have said, we need to write a book about her titled 'who does that?'. So how did Bobby escape? I missed most of the testimony about him, except for the whole deal with her returning to the library to snoop through his email.

Again, I say, who does that?

IIRC ~ Bobby didn't even have a job. His family was poor and him and JA were living in squalor at his grandparents home. Sometime after the library snoop, you know how you DON'T NEED A PASSWORD, you just go back to the same computer and keep hitting the back button :crazy: After she confronted him about another girl, he dumped her. So she stalked him by buying groceries for them and putting them on their front porch. I'm sure there was other things she did too, but that's all I can remember about him.

Bobby didn't have anything. Where as Travis had it all. Good looks, MONEY, a good job, FRIENDS, class, owned his own home, ect... She wasn't about to let anyone else EVER be Mrs. Travis Alexander except her. Sadly, she made sure of it.

I agree. It looks like to me she was just wiping tears. Tears for herself, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aandatruckrepair